Stats: 3,151,493 members, 7,812,527 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. (1515 Views)

Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other / Primate Ayodele: Five Nations Will Come Out Of Nigeria; Two Will Be Greater Than / Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World (2) (3) (4)

Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by keenness: 12:48am On Aug 06, 2017
Matthew 16:13-17 King James Version (KJV)

13.When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14.And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15.He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16.And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17.And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Many without the understanding of God's word falsely claim that Jesus is a prophet, thereby trying to nullify the essence why Jesus was sent into the world by God, which is to save the world from the power of sin. ( Mat 1:21, Jhn 3:16). They do not know that they are doing that to their own condemnation. Jesus during his ministry on earth clearified this when there was doubt about who he is just as we have now in our present time. According to the bible passage above, Vs27, Jesus asked his disciples, saying, " whom do men say that i the son of man am ?", the disciples sincerely replied him based on what the people say about him and said,some say John the baptist; but very clearly, John the baptist is the forerunner of Jesus sent to prepare the way and never the saviour even John the baptist himself decleared Jesus as the Saviour ( john 1:25-27). Some say he is Elias (Elijah) but Elijah decleared himself a prophet and never a Saviour (1king 18:22a), likewise Jeremiah, God decleared him a prophet not the saviour (Jeremiah 1:5). Still others claimed Jesus is a prophet. Jesus further asked his disciples what they( the disciples) call him since they are his followers and very different from others outside that have no relationship with him. Thank God for the truth of God's word in Simon Peter who answered and said, " Thou art the Christ ( Saviour), the son of the Living God".
Now to all the responces of the disciple, Jesus only commended the last reply of Peter; that Jesus is the Saviour.Vs 17 " Jesus said, blessed art thou, Simon Barjona(Peter) for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven." Above all, Mat 16:20 he charged them not to reveal to any man he is the Christ, untill the appointed time Mark 16:15-16, so that what has been writen from the begining might be fufilled. Mathew 16: 21. This is the understanding of God's word, you may call Jesus John the baptist or one of the prophets, it is normal because that is what your understanding ( flesh and blood) can comprehend but it doesnt implies the truth, those who believe in Jesus will recognize him as the Saviour because God has reveal him to them as it was revealed to Peter. Just as it is writen in 1Corinthians 1:23-24 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
But unto them which are called ( those who believed in him), both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
Listen to this, no matter what understanding you hold on to, the truth is that Jesus is the Christ, the Saviour and whosoever believe in him shall be saved. Friends do not be deceived, Jesus is the Saviour of the world, the way, the truth and the life no one come to the Father but by him (John 14:16). He is the one that died for the sins of man and rose again so that many might be saved Mark 10:45. If you want to be saved from your sins and eternal death which awaits all sinners, give your life to Jesus today and accept him as your personal Lord and Saviour because he is the Lord of lords and the only Saviour. Only believe in him. No man can save, no prophet can save only Jesus saves.
On this thread, let all knee bow before Jesus and every tongue confess Jesus Christ as the Lord.

Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by vincent10(m): 6:23am On Aug 06, 2017
He is both a prophet and a saviour.
Ask yourself if Jesus ever prophesized?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by hopefulLandlord: 6:30am On Aug 06, 2017
just in case
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by ScepticalPyrrho: 7:21am On Aug 06, 2017
keenness:

Jesus Chriat is greater than all, he can prophesy, teach, preach etc many has come before him and engage in those ministries but non of them was sent as the Saviour.
Have you asked for a Muslim opinion on this matter?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by keenness: 8:30am On Aug 06, 2017
vincent10:
He is both a prophet and a saviour.

Ask yourself if Jesus ever prophesized?
Jesus Christ is greater than all, he can prophesy, teach, preach etc many has come before him and engage in those ministries but non of them was sent as the Saviour.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by keenness: 2:10pm On Aug 06, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Have you asked for a Muslim opinion on this matter?
But why ? The truth has just been decleared by the word of God and thats it. There is no need for any man's opinion.

Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by ScepticalPyrrho: 4:08pm On Aug 06, 2017
keenness:

But why ? The truth has just been decleared by the word of God and thats it. There is no need for any man's opinion.
What makes it true or a word of God?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by keenness: 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
What makes it true or a word of God?
Kindly read the post again, they are all backed up with bible references. It is not a human reasoning its according to what the bible says.

Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:20am On Aug 07, 2017
keenness:

Kindly read the post again, they are all backed up with bible references. It is not a human reasoning its according to what the bible says.
What makes you think the Bible contains the words of God?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by keenness: 2:42pm On Sep 12, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
What makes you think the Bible is contains the words of God?
2Tim 3:16 all scriptures are inspired by God.....
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by ScepticalPyrrho: 7:03pm On Sep 12, 2017
keenness:
2Tim 3:16 all scriptures are inspired by God.....
Do you agree that the Vedas are also inspired by God.... Going by your above quote?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by Hier(m): 7:28pm On Sep 12, 2017
Anyway, Jesus is still a prophet, skate away on my skateboard
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by obisco4u: 9:07pm On Sep 12, 2017
Biko my people where was Jesus the savior when Garri was saving ordinary Nigerians and Bet9ja was saving youths from being broke? Where was Jesus when ASSU NASU SASSU declared strike? Abeg na who save for 9ja. I've had enough.

Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by keenness: 11:38pm On Sep 12, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Do you agree that the Vedas are also inspired by God.... Going by your above quote?
Then if i may ask you, does the writer of the vedas have the Spirit of God because the Spirit of God is the source of inspiration of those that wrote the scriptures of God? Anybody can just seat down somewhere and under a demonic spirit and write something down, infact write about God. Spiritualism is not a big deal, all you need is to be possed by a spirit to see from the spirit realm. But those that wrote the scripture of God, were filled with the Holy Spirit of God, the Spirit of truth. Again, does the book proclaim salvation that comes through the son of God Jesus Christ ? I mean does it talk about salvation of soul at all or is it just a mere religious book? If the book does not meet up these conditions then i say No.

Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:57am On Sep 13, 2017
keenness:
Then if i may ask you, does the writer of the vedas have the Spirit of God because the Spirit of God is the source of inspiration of those that wrote the scriptures of God? Anybody can just seat down somewhere and under a demonic spirit and write something down, infact write about God. Spiritualism is not a big deal, all you need is to be possed by a spirit to see from the spirit realm. But those that wrote the scripture of God, were filled with the Holy Spirit of God, the Spirit of truth. Again, does the book proclaim salvation that comes through the son of God Jesus Christ ? I mean does it talk about salvation of soul at all or is it just a mere religious book? If the book does not meet up these conditions then i say No.
There are so many Falacy and dogmatism in your statements, it is pointless to argue with you...
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by hopefulLandlord: 10:28am On Sep 13, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
There are so many Falacy and dogmatism in your statements, it is pointless to argue with you...

Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:09am On Sep 13, 2017
@hopefulLandlord

This one is keenly dogmatic to understand the redundancy in his claims.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by keenness: 11:37am On Sep 13, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

You know yourself nothing is dogmantic about what i posted above neither is it a falacy, it just hapen to be the truth u found no contraction. I am very much open to hear from you. Listen to this, there is only one Holy God and our God has manifested himself in His Holy Son and in Spirit, the Holy Spirit. It is by this Spirit that those that wrote the scripture got there inspiration to write the Holy Bible. No man can stand before God because of our sin,for this cause, God sent His Son to die for our sin so that whosoever believe in the son is justified before God. Not by power nor by moral mastery neither is it by self spiritual concentration but by faith in the salvation that come through Christ Jesus. Friend if anyone truely seek God, let himcome through the true way which is Jesus the truth, the way and the life. Every other way is counterfeit and mere religious practices which can no save. God bless you sir.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:41am On Sep 13, 2017
keenness:
You know yourself nothing is dogmantic about what i posted above neither is it a falacy, it just hapen to be the truth u found no contraction. I am very much open to hear from you. Listen to this, there is only one Holy God and our God has manifested himself in His Holy Son and in Spirit, the holy Spirit. No man can stand before God because of our sin,for this cause, God sent His Son to die for our sin so that whosoever believe in the son is justified before God. Not by power nor by moral mastery neither is it by spiritual concentration but by faith in the salvation that come through Christ Jesus. Friend if anyone truely seek God, let himcome through the true way which is Jesus the truth, the way and the life. Every other way is counterfeit and mere religious practices which can no save. God bless you sir.
How did you know all this?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by keenness: 12:01pm On Sep 13, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
How did you know all this?
The Holy Bible, the word of God tells me so.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 13, 2017
keenness:

Jesus Christ is a prophet not saviour. The holy Qur'an, the perfect word of God tells me so.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 13, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

Jesus Christ is a prophet not saviour. The holy Qur'an, the perfect word of God tells me so.

You are all wrong. Am currently reading the Buddhist's bible. grin
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by ScepticalPyrrho: 5:53pm On Sep 13, 2017
keenness:
Who determines if it's holy or the word of any God?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by keenness: 7:45pm On Sep 15, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

great!
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by keenness: 7:49pm On Sep 15, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

great! Then i ask you, are u saved? If you die now are u sure u will reign with God? Be truthful about this because the worst liar is that person that deceive himself. Pls just a yes or no and am okay. You should be bold of yourself.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by keenness: 7:54pm On Sep 15, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Who determines if it's holy or the word of any God?
I can understand.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by mabea: 8:07pm On Sep 15, 2017
He is both. Acts 7:37

Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:07pm On Sep 15, 2017
keenness:
I can understand.
Good, I hope you really do.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by mabea: 8:09pm On Sep 15, 2017
keenness:

Jesus Christ is greater than all, he can prophesy, teach, preach etc many has come before him and engage in those ministries but non of them was sent as the Saviour.
Acts7:37
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by keenness: 8:59pm On Sep 15, 2017
mabea:
Acts7:37
Awesome, u should likewise know the children of Israel were not saved in the Name of Moses, Moses was not crucified for them. God used Moses to DELIVER them from the Land of captivity, Egypt, God himself by His mighty hand and outreached arm delivered the children of isreal. You should also know that he did not reached the promised land because of a little sin. In the name of Jesus is salvation of soul and whosoever believe in him shall be saved that's it. God himself has exalted him and gave him a name that is above every other name. Jesus overcame sin, he also overcame the world, he died and resurected in him alone is salvation.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by Olabenjamen22(m): 9:24pm On Sep 15, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

written and said by who?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. by twosquare(m): 9:43pm On Sep 15, 2017

A Serious Question To Everyone. Honestly Test Yourself. / Wonderful Hausa Christian Music / The Revival Of Fasting In Modern Pentcostal Christianity.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51