Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,030 members, 7,828,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Naija Newspapers: Today's The Punch Newspaper Headlines [6 August, 2017]. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naija Newspapers: Today's The Punch Newspaper Headlines [6 August, 2017]. (536 Views)

Nairaland Headlines 6 Months From Now (repost) / Fresh Defections Loom As Governors Close In On Senator's Seats - The Punch / PDP To Hold Convention On The 12th Of August 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Naija Newspapers: Today's The Punch Newspaper Headlines [6 August, 2017]. by Classicjadon(m): 8:17am On Aug 06, 2017
Below are the headlines found on The Punch Online Newspaper for today, Sunday, 6 August, 2017.

Insecurity reducing Nigeria to a failing state
Sun, 06 Aug 2017
Punch Editorial Board Nigeria places a very low premium on human life and safety. This is why crime proliferates in every nook and cranny of the country. This chronic nightmare is graphically illustrated by unremitting kidnapping, armed robbery, ritual killings, smuggling, street gang (or cult-related) violence, herdsmen killings, Islamist terrorism and militancy. The Federal Government []
read more...

Election'll hold in Anambra, MASSOB tells IPOB
Sun, 06 Aug 2017
Chukwudi Akasike The Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra has said the governorship election slated for November 18 in Anambra State must hold. MASSOB stated that contrary to the statement credited to the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, that the election would not hold in the state, []
read more...

AD, Kwara disagree over Saraki's pension
Sun, 06 Aug 2017
Success Nwogu The Kwara State chapter of the Alliance for Democracy on Saturday described the claim by the President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, that he had stopped collecting pension from the state government as a political gimmick. The Chairman of the party, Biliaminu Aliyu, and Secretary, Micheal Ologunde, stated this in a statement made []
read more...

Cash crunch hits Reps, shun visits to constituencies
Sun, 06 Aug 2017
John Ameh More than one week after commencing their annual vacation, many members of the House of Representatives have been unable to travel out of Abuja, SUNDAY PUNCH has learnt. Investigations revealed that the delay in the payment of their salaries and other allowances was responsible for the cash crunch facing the legislators. Findings by []
read more...

States owing us benefits ' Ex-gov, deputies
Sun, 06 Aug 2017
Leke Baiyewu Some senators have denied collecting pensions and benefits as former governors and ex-deputy governors of their states. Those who spoke to SUNDAY PUNCH lamented that their states owed them. Most former governors and ex-deputy governors in the Senate, who were contacted by SUNDAY PUNCH, kept mum on the matter. Several senators in that []
read more...

Abia gov poll: Nwosu drags Ikpeazu to S' Court
Sun, 06 Aug 2017
Ogbonnaya Ikokwu A governorship aspirant in the 2014 Peoples Democratic Party governorship primary in Abia State, Mr. Friday Nwosu, has filed a notice of appeal at the Supreme Court against the Court of Appeal for saying it lacks jurisdiction to hear and determine a case of alleged submission of false information, filed against Governor Okezie []
read more...

I didn't budget N9.1bn for new lodge in Lagos 'Emmanuel
Sun, 06 Aug 2017
Etim Ekpimah Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr. Udom Emmanuel, has denied planning to build a new lodge for the state government in Lagos at N9.1bn. Emmanuel clarified the issue in Uyo on Saturday while speaking with journalists. There has been anger over the proposed new lodge, especially with the current economic recession. The governor said []
read more...

2019: Six million of us may be disenfranchised, say PWDs
Sun, 06 Aug 2017
Friday Olokor and Success Nwogu No fewer than six million persons living with disabilities could be disenfranchised in the 2019 general elections, the Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities has said. According to the JONAPWDs, the umbrella organisation of all disabled persons' groups in Nigeria, the experiences of disabled persons during elections have always []
read more...

I regret not delivering Ijebu State to my people ' Kashamu
Sun, 06 Aug 2017
The lawmaker representing Ogun East Senatorial District at the Senate, Buruji Kashamu, tells LEKE BAIYEWU about his life and activities as a politician What kind of politician are you' I will say that I am a grass-roots politician and people describe me as a compassionate politician. But I think I am just a tool in []
read more...

Budget: FG raises non-oil GDP projection to N104tn
Sun, 06 Aug 2017
Ifeanyi Onuba The Federal Government is proposing to raise the non-oil's Gross Domestic Product growth rate for 2018 to N104.65tn from N99.79tn budgeted in 2017, which is an increase of N4.8tn. The proposal is contained in the draft of 2018-2020 Medium-Term Expenditure Framework and Fiscal Strategy of the Federal Government. The document outlines the Federal []
read more...

Tying civil servants' pay rise to performance
Sun, 06 Aug 2017
Performance-based remuneration will boost service delivery and revenue generation by government ministries, departments and agencies, according to experts, IFE OGUNFUWA writes Poor service delivery in the public sector has been the major concern of stakeholders in the private sector who interface with government agencies regularly. There have been concerns that low productivity and poor attitude []
read more...

Kwara Speaker, 23 lawmakers take to farming
Sun, 06 Aug 2017
Success Nwogu Twenty-four members of the Kwara State House of Assembly, including the Speaker, Dr. Ali Ahmad, are into a large-scale farming. The lawmakers are expecting to make about N300m from the venture during the 2017 farming season, according to the Speaker. He said they established Dodo Integrated Farms Nigeria Plc, through which they accessed []
read more...

I have freedom of speech ' Harrysong
Sun, 06 Aug 2017
Tofarati Ige This time last year, Kcee and Harrysong would easily have been listed as one of the closest duos in the music industry, but that no longer holds true. The erstwhile friends and partners no longer see eye to eye. At a recent show in Warri, Harrysong sang, 'They sued me in court. Kcee []
read more...

READ: http://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2017/08/naija-newspapers-todays-punch-newspaper_6.html

(1) (Reply)

Eat Food Rich In Vitamin D For Healthy Liver, Kidney – Medical Expert / See The New Additional Super Mushshak Trainer Aircraft Acquired By The Air Force / SPECIAL CONVENTION: PDP Extends Makarfi’s Tenure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.