Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,796 members, 7,810,074 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work (24395 Views)

Power Mech Staff At Dangote Refinery Complain Of Work Despite Lockdown / Termination Letter For Kaduna LGA Workers (Photo) / Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by ferdinandgeorge: 4:52pm On Aug 06, 2017
At my place of work last week, all the staff were summoned on and a letter was issued to all staff in that organization saying that our appointment have been terminated. In the letter we were told to reapply. Everybody was confused. My question is why did such decision made against us.. And is there still hope that they reinstate all of us after reapplying.

Please I need ur advice.. And what should I write when reapply
Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by olaboderichard(m): 4:59pm On Aug 06, 2017
All they just want to do is to downsize some of the staffs and you dont need to write anything than to just reapply and pray that you are re-employed....Regards,

20 Likes

Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by ferdinandgeorge: 5:00pm On Aug 06, 2017
olaboderichard:
All they just want to do is to downsize some of the staffs and you dont need to write anything than to just reapply and pray that you are re-employed....Regards,

Thanks bro!!! Noted
Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by bamdexfarms(m): 5:18pm On Aug 06, 2017
They want to convert you all to contract staff. That's the trending tactic of most coys these days.

69 Likes

Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by harisclub: 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2017
Is a cost cutting strategy and all of you may not be absorbed again

8 Likes

Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by hardbody: 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2017
bamdexfarms:
They want to convert you all to contract staff. That's the trending tactic of most coys these days.

That's the simple fact.

22 Likes

Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by agba1900: 5:58pm On Aug 06, 2017
Are you qualified, sound and honest accountant?
Minimum of five years experience
Send your CVs to rdentries1@gmail.com Recruitment is urgent.

Deadline: 6PM Monday 7th August.

6 Likes

Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by SEOManiac: 6:19pm On Aug 06, 2017
ferdinandgeorge:
At my place of work last week, all the staff were summoned on and a letter was issued to all staff in that organization saying that our appointment have been terminated. In the letter we were told to reapply. Everybody was confused. My question is why did such decision made against us.. And is there still hope that they reinstate all of us after reapplying.

They will likely take all of you back, but here's the catch...

They want to change your terms of employment.

You'll understand the complete ploy in your new offer letter.

Look out for the points they want you to sign for.

76 Likes

Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by CityHitz: 7:21pm On Aug 06, 2017
Tiani Performing Shaye Music @ E - lounge #AllWhiteParty https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=AykcVMpt2b8
Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by amicable09(f): 7:44pm On Aug 06, 2017
Mmmh... Things happen in this world o.

Which one is termination of employment and reapplication again

I'll love to hear the last of this.
At least for knowledge sake.

8 Likes

Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by AHCB: 7:56pm On Aug 06, 2017
amicable09:
Mmmh... Things happen in this world o.

Which one is termination of employment and reapplication again

I'll love to hear the last of this.
For knowledge sake.
Such things only happen in a one man business, where the owner of the business can do and undo.

6 Likes

Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by kittykollinxx(m): 8:06pm On Aug 06, 2017
nothing is promised bro
Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by amicable09(f): 8:07pm On Aug 06, 2017
AHCB:
Such things only happen in a one man business, where the owner of the business can do and undo.
Lol.

But are you sure of this opinion of yours? Can we call it a statement of fact?

Me think that it can happen anywhere even in structured organizations. Only that it will be done codedly.

The explanation offered by some that they want to change the terms of their contract may hold true. I really will love to know the end of this matter though. It's essential.

1 Like

Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by obajoey(m): 8:08pm On Aug 06, 2017
this one strong oo

We should always strife to improve on our skills anywhere we are so we dont become redundant.

We can always move as we like by so doing.

3 Likes

Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by paulcarter: 8:08pm On Aug 06, 2017
sad sad
Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 06, 2017
Oga o
Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by trulybenjay001: 8:09pm On Aug 06, 2017
is it a school u are working bcs I knw schools are fond of such dastsrd act

5 Likes

Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by graphiti: 8:09pm On Aug 06, 2017
The ppl to be originally fired are already known.
The reapplication is just a smokescreen.

8 Likes

Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by point5: 8:10pm On Aug 06, 2017
Ok
Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by publicenemy(m): 8:10pm On Aug 06, 2017
ferdinandgeorge:

They want to sack some staff who hold top positions
Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by Afam4eva(m): 8:10pm On Aug 06, 2017
ferdinandgeorge:

You guys won't stand any special chance else they would have retained you. They're just giving your guys hope.Move on.

2 Likes

Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by 0b100100111: 8:10pm On Aug 06, 2017
You salary is about to be cut!

The company wants to rebargain!

#Simple!

You will be offered lower packages for same role with an option to turn-down since you already sacked!

11 Likes

Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by ekensi01: 8:11pm On Aug 06, 2017
Immediately PMB is declared dead Nigeria will stand up on its fit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by 0b100100111: 8:11pm On Aug 06, 2017
ekensi01:
Immediately PMB is declared dead Nigeria will stand up on its fit feet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 06, 2017
Not a biggie, the company could just wanna rightsize and also downsize , aimed at just a few staffs. Reapply , you may be lucky they don't have you in mind.
Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by graphiti: 8:12pm On Aug 06, 2017
ekensi01:

Always hate-filled.
If someone wishes u ds now, u begin to shout ICC, UN, ECOWAS, Trump, Putin........

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by malakus(m): 8:12pm On Aug 06, 2017
They know what they are looking for.
Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by hesilo(m): 8:12pm On Aug 06, 2017
They wanna know those that entered the office through the back door... I just hope you are not.
Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by Intrepid01(m): 8:12pm On Aug 06, 2017
it's a salary restructuring measure....I have seen it a particular place...it is a cost cutting strategy, when you feel workers are being overpaid...

3 Likes

Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by Vetsolo(m): 8:12pm On Aug 06, 2017
Na wah thats why people will keep looking for job security of civil service

Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by yomalex(m): 8:14pm On Aug 06, 2017
chai
Re: Termination Of Appointments At My Place Of Work by lathrowinger: 8:14pm On Aug 06, 2017
ekensi01:
Shege walahi... bara o banza ney wana.... na u go die no be Mr President... wicked Ipob

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. / The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World / Why You Should Join The Nigeria Police Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.