Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,355 members, 7,954,434 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:54 PM

About The Anambra Catholic Church Massacre - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About The Anambra Catholic Church Massacre (763 Views)

Bride-To-Be Swept Away By Flood In Anambra Catholic Church (Photos) / Ozubulu Anambra Catholic Church Killing Of Worshippers: Aftermath Video (Graphic / Anambra Catholic Church Massacre: Facebook Users Reveal What "Bishop" Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About The Anambra Catholic Church Massacre by winner01(m): 6:58pm On Aug 06, 2017
A dictionary describes a church as "a building used for public Christian worship".

Encyclopædia Britannica defines what a church is:
"A church building, often simply called a church, is a building used for Christian religious activities, particularly worship services. The term in its architectural sense is most often used by Christians to refer to their religious buildings, but it is sometimes used (by analogy) for buildings of other religions"

Definition of Church by Merriam-Webster a building for public and especially Christian worship.
We can get other definitions of the word Church and one thing seems to be certain of worldly definitions. To them, CHURCH IS A BUILDING

A lady joked "A church can be likened to a hospital where you find the sick, the healthy, those responding to treatment etc
Interesting comparison from the lady (A hospital for sinners, not a club for saints). When I was younger, I used to get angry when I see drunk guys shouting, booing and doing all sorts of nonsense during drama nights, praise nights and other worship nights where they think they can just come to have fun. I always felt like driving them out of the church, but someone once told me, "Never drive any one out of the church, it's not up to you".

To me, I saw the church as a sacred PLACE of worship. A SACRED BUILDING.
Today, this is no longer what I understand a church to be and I think it should be the same for those who really do care about research. Honest research and not researches that supports only their worldview

The word “church” comes from the Greek word ekklesia which is defined as “an assembly” or “called-out ones.” The root meaning of “church” is not that of a building, but of people. It is ironic that when you ask people what church they attend, they usually identify a building.
Source ).

Rightfully, the church is neither a place nor a building. Christians are the church.

This has some implications. Several Christians have been killed terribly and seemingly helplessly, including those disciples who had "first hand physical contact" with the So of God, JESUS CHRIST. Would it be rational to say people have been killing the church for a long time?

Romans 16:5 says “… greet the church that is in their house.” Paul refers to the church in their house—not a church building, but a body of believers.
If somehow, God gave these people up to be matyred, would it be rational to say the church was killed by some people?
Point is, the Church is not what most people think it is and the real church has been persecuted right from the time of Jesus's Christ.
Well, I won't be digging further on this today as this is not the point of this thread...

While I understand that some people (ex-Christians inclusive) have come to hate anything that has to do with Christianity because they feel it's irrational or brainwashing, I've discovered that those who allow reason to prevail in their judgment and have an in depth knowledge on religious matters do not discredit the place of religion in humanity, neither do they fail to acknowledge that a belief in God is rational.

I won't dig further on this either, at least not today.

In regards to a thread on the murder on some Catholics, my heart skipped on seeing the gruesome uncensored pictures of victims of an act of madness from a set of unknown persons.

https://www.nairaland.com/3970380/gunmen-kill-worshippers-catholic-church

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5772231_img6892_jpeg250be0274280f39353ba45afcbfb42b5
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5772232_img6893_jpege5c650169545905252d37c6716e1de1f

May God rest their souls.

It reminded me of some other related acts of terror.

The Oregon shooter animal who was asking people one by one what their religion was. ‘Are you a Christian?’ he would ask them, and if you’re a Christian, stand up. And they would stand up and he said, ‘Good, because you’re a Christian, you are going to see God in just about one second.’ And then he shot and killed them,” - CNN.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5772316_img6899_jpegf607c0ffd8665aff9584780051026df1

The massacre at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church

Where the animal who committed this crime showed no remorse and laughed on confession.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5772317_img6907_jpege58e0c9769a9a021a00a866cb1d896ea

as well as several other church massacres by Islamic terror groups in Northern Nigeria and of course all over the world.

These devilish acts have been met with criticisms from moral minds all over the world including those who claim not to guided by any universal moral principles but personal subjective ever-evolving moral principles.
Contrarily, murders, massacres seem morally wrong to almost every human everywhere in the world. This is the fundamental basis for the rational claims made by majority of the worlds population on the subject of morality.

I have a whole lot of threads on
1. atheist hatred for God, religion and religious people
2. Proof that atheistic terrorism and inhumanity can never be compared to all religious atrocities combined
3. Proof that atheists will do anything to see religion disappear forever
4. and other threads that prove that atheists have no real reason to be good nor do they have any basis to condemn the evils metted out by animals who believe they were acting according to their best interests in the only life they have to leave. It has been widely said that "you only live once". So why not do those things that make you happy right?

Well I've come under heavy criticism for backing my threads with solid facts and yet again today I've come with more facts that pride and hatred sometimes cloud the natural emphatic thought process of man.
The screenshots below do not seem to me like products of minds which are any different from the animals earlier mentioned.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5772598_img6896_jpeg6cb1a51c7b4e4a1972a1a3a7b4c45990

Another
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5772599_img6897_jpegbaa0fc7d1445e810bac66408c27ac63c

Another
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5772611_img6932_jpegd0d7a6a1e68f02e78350206b3ca309b8

Another
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5772612_img6933_jpege1ecb145e5076e517b6aa8f3b7b72dad

While I do not agree with Catholics on their doctrines or their official Roman Catholic documents or their atrocities committed to several Christian scientists in the past. I will never criticize their beliefs or person ON THE BASIS OF THIS AWFUL TRAGEDY. And I don't think any right thinking emphatic person would too.

It's so sad some animals are so engrossed in hate that they have ignorantly crossed the line dividing rational criticism and mockery/ridicule.

I think by now, people can see that I was not crossing the line when I created these threads: https://www.nairaland.com/3148752/atheists-express-rage-against-god

https://www.nairaland.com/3176513/atheist-murderers-past-present-murderous

Big shoutout to @coolusername and @johnydon22 for this: https://www.nairaland.com/3970778/irreligious-people-need-stop-sh

It's great to see some non-believers still have some form of sanity, even though they might have no real basis to condemn the actions of other non-believers as the other non-believers might feel they are morally right, talk about subjective morality. I want to believe they have let humanity come first.

As for @hopefulLandlord, he is even more of an unstable extremist than I thought.

He mocks what the dead believed in, forgetting that they are dead first. And he's is making a bigger mockery of himself on the same thread, thanks to @butterflylion for pointing that out to readers.
I'd advise against going on further arguments with such mind.

Once again. May God rest the souls of the dead.
Let's live in love. It's the only thing Christ showed and commanded. Ephesians 5:2.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About The Anambra Catholic Church Massacre by Destined2win: 7:23pm On Aug 06, 2017
Ah...wish I could read all that

Re: About The Anambra Catholic Church Massacre by Nukilia: 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2017
@Op, what is your point?
Re: About The Anambra Catholic Church Massacre by Ranchhoddas: 7:31pm On Aug 06, 2017
This is really sad.
Edited: I just checked. All the websites are reporting different number of fatalites; ranging from 8, 11, to 15.
Where did you people get your 150 from?
Re: About The Anambra Catholic Church Massacre by 1Sharon(f): 3:35pm On Aug 29, 2017
undecided undecided
Re: About The Anambra Catholic Church Massacre by butterflylion: 4:00pm On Aug 29, 2017
winner01:
A dictionary describes a church as "a building used for public Christian worship".

Encyclopædia Britannica defines what a church is:
"A church building, often simply called a church, is a building used for Christian religious activities, particularly worship services. The term in its architectural sense is most often used by Christians to refer to their religious buildings, but it is sometimes used (by analogy) for buildings of other religions"

Definition of Church by Merriam-Webster a building for public and especially Christian worship.
We can get other definitions of the word Church and one thing seems to be certain of worldly definitions. To them, CHURCH IS A BUILDING

A lady joked "A church can be likened to a hospital where you find the sick, the healthy, those responding to treatment etc
Interesting comparison from the lady (A hospital for sinners, not a club for saints). When I was younger, I used to get angry when I see drunk guys shouting, booing and doing all sorts of nonsense during drama nights, praise nights and other worship nights where they think they can just come to have fun. I always felt like driving them out of the church, but someone once told me, "Never drive any one out of the church, it's not up to you".

To me, I saw the church as a sacred PLACE of worship. A SACRED BUILDING.
Today, this is no longer what I understand a church to be and I think it should be the same for those who really do care about research. Honest research and not researches that supports only their worldview

The word “church” comes from the Greek word ekklesia which is defined as “an assembly” or “called-out ones.” The root meaning of “church” is not that of a building, but of people. It is ironic that when you ask people what church they attend, they usually identify a building.
Source ).

Rightfully, the church is neither a place nor a building. Christians are the church.

This has some implications. Several Christians have been killed terribly and seemingly helplessly, including those disciples who had "first hand physical contact" with the So of God, JESUS CHRIST. Would it be rational to say people have been killing the church for a long time?

Romans 16:5 says “… greet the church that is in their house.” Paul refers to the church in their house—not a church building, but a body of believers.
If somehow, God gave these people up to be matyred, would it be rational to say the church was killed by some people?
Point is, the Church is not what most people think it is and the real church has been persecuted right from the time of Jesus's Christ.
Well, I won't be digging further on this today as this is not the point of this thread...

While I understand that some people (ex-Christians inclusive) have come to hate anything that has to do with Christianity because they feel it's irrational or brainwashing, I've discovered that those who allow reason to prevail in their judgment and have an in depth knowledge on religious matters do not discredit the place of religion in humanity, neither do they fail to acknowledge that a belief in God is rational.

I won't dig further on this either, at least not today.

In regards to a thread on the murder on some Catholics, my heart skipped on seeing the gruesome uncensored pictures of victims of an act of madness from a set of unknown persons.

https://www.nairaland.com/3970380/gunmen-kill-worshippers-catholic-church

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5772231_img6892_jpeg250be0274280f39353ba45afcbfb42b5
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5772232_img6893_jpege5c650169545905252d37c6716e1de1f

May God rest their souls.

It reminded me of some other related acts of terror.

The Oregon shooter animal who was asking people one by one what their religion was. ‘Are you a Christian?’ he would ask them, and if you’re a Christian, stand up. And they would stand up and he said, ‘Good, because you’re a Christian, you are going to see God in just about one second.’ And then he shot and killed them,” - CNN.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5772316_img6899_jpegf607c0ffd8665aff9584780051026df1

The massacre at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church

Where the animal who committed this crime showed no remorse and laughed on confession.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5772317_img6907_jpege58e0c9769a9a021a00a866cb1d896ea

as well as several other church massacres by Islamic terror groups in Northern Nigeria and of course all over the world.

These devilish acts have been met with criticisms from moral minds all over the world including those who claim not to guided by any universal moral principles but personal subjective ever-evolving moral principles.
Contrarily, murders, massacres seem morally wrong to almost every human everywhere in the world. This is the fundamental basis for the rational claims made by majority of the worlds population on the subject of morality.

I have a whole lot of threads on
1. atheist hatred for God, religion and religious people
2. Proof that atheistic terrorism and inhumanity can never be compared to all religious atrocities combined
3. Proof that atheists will do anything to see religion disappear forever
4. and other threads that prove that atheists have no real reason to be good nor do they have any basis to condemn the evils metted out by animals who believe they were acting according to their best interests in the only life they have to leave. It has been widely said that "you only live once". So why not do those things that make you happy right?

Well I've come under heavy criticism for backing my threads with solid facts and yet again today I've come with more facts that pride and hatred sometimes cloud the natural emphatic thought process of man.
The screenshots below do not seem to me like products of minds which are any different from the animals earlier mentioned.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5772598_img6896_jpeg6cb1a51c7b4e4a1972a1a3a7b4c45990

Another
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5772599_img6897_jpegbaa0fc7d1445e810bac66408c27ac63c

Another
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5772611_img6932_jpegd0d7a6a1e68f02e78350206b3ca309b8

Another
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5772612_img6933_jpege1ecb145e5076e517b6aa8f3b7b72dad

While I do not agree with Catholics on their doctrines or their official Roman Catholic documents or their atrocities committed to several Christian scientists in the past. I will never criticize their beliefs or person ON THE BASIS OF THIS AWFUL TRAGEDY. And I don't think any right thinking emphatic person would too.

It's so sad some animals are so engrossed in hate that they have ignorantly crossed the line dividing rational criticism and mockery/ridicule.

I think by now, people can see that I was not crossing the line when I created these threads: https://www.nairaland.com/3148752/atheists-express-rage-against-god

https://www.nairaland.com/3176513/atheist-murderers-past-present-murderous

Big shoutout to @coolusername and @johnydon22 for this: https://www.nairaland.com/3970778/irreligious-people-need-stop-sh

It's great to see some non-believers still have some form of sanity, even though they might have no real basis to condemn the actions of other non-believers as the other non-believers might feel they are morally right, talk about subjective morality. I want to believe they have let humanity come first.

As for @hopefulLandlord, he is even more of an unstable extremist than I thought.

He mocks what the dead believed in, forgetting that they are dead first. And he's is making a bigger mockery of himself on the same thread, thanks to @butterflylion for pointing that out to readers.
I'd advise against going on further arguments with such mind.

Once again. May God rest the souls of the dead.
Let's live in love. It's the only thing Christ showed and commanded. Ephesians 5:2.

Na wa o. I just dey see this thread and my moniker even dey hia. Lmao!

Anyway you are right those who died are first dead before anything else. People have no empathy these days sha and tomorrow dem go say everybody hates them and discriminates against them.

Seeing those comments again wey you post just upset me afresh. Social media can be a curse lot of times. These people dare not say what they said here in public. Na combination beating dem go receive. Shior!

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/10/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 18/10/17 / Does Musical Instruments Enhance Evangelism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.