Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,896 members, 7,844,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Best Quotes In Surgery. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Best Quotes In Surgery. (590 Views)

Babcock University Teaching Hospital Performs First Successful Spinal Surgery / Kenyan Man With World's Biggest Manhood And Testicles Undergoes Surgery / Everything About Skin Cancer Treatment And Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Quotes In Surgery. by mediclife1987(m): 9:40pm On Aug 06, 2017
� It is better to open and see than to wait and see. Sidney Cuthbert Wallace (1907)

�The flat abdomen is a good abdomen. G A Decker

�Abdominal wall closure: if it looks all right, it’s too tight – if it looks too loose, it’s alright. Matt Oliver

�Better to have a piece of peritoneum on the bowel than a piece of bowel on the peritoneum.

�Two things surgeons fear the most are God and peritonitis. Henri Mondor (1885 - 1962)

�Never let the skin stand between you and the diagnosis

�Who learns anatomy from books, should one operate on books only?

�The advent of anaesthesia has made it so that any idiot can become a surgeon. William Stewart Halsted (1852 – 1922)

�There is an inverse relationship between the surgeon’s ability and the frequency he asks for more muscle relaxants.

�Blood brain barrier: the screen between the surgeon and the anaesthetist.

�Surgery is not an art, it is a personality disorder.

�Have plenty of assistance but not many assistants. Augustus C. Bernays (1854 - 1907)

�A good chief has always been a good assistant. Charles F. M. Saint (1886 - 1973)

�A surgeon operates as good as his assistant permits.

�The surgical resident is like a mushroom: kept in the dark, fed shit and expected to grow.

�Poor surgeons can improve but poor assistants never become good surgeons. Moshe Schein

�All bleeding eventually ceases - when the patient is dead. Guy de Chauliac (1300 - 1368)

�The only weapon with which the unconscious patient can immediately retaliate upon the incompetent surgeon is haemorrhage. William Stewart Halsted

�There are four degrees of intra-operative haemorrhage: 1. Why did I get involved in this operation? 2. Why did I become a surgeon 3. Why did I become a doctor? 4. Why was I born?. Alexander Artemiev

�Blood bank is the surgeon’s gas station.

�The most important clotting factor is the surgeon. Moshe Schein

�In men nine out of ten abdominal tumours are malignant, in women nine out of ten abdominal tumours are the pregnant uterus. Rutherford Morris (1853 - 1939)
Re: Best Quotes In Surgery. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 06, 2017
I guess these are "inside" jokes grin
Re: Best Quotes In Surgery. by mediclife1987(m): 11:30pm On Aug 06, 2017
Inanna:
I guess these are "inside" jokes grin

They're intelligent jokes sort of. More like speaking the truth humorously.
Re: Best Quotes In Surgery. by oxypress: 12:51pm On Aug 07, 2017
In the presence of an anaethetist the surgeons blood pressure is more stable.
Re: Best Quotes In Surgery. by mediclife1987(m): 2:49pm On Aug 07, 2017
oxypress:
In the presence of an anaethetist the surgeons blood pressure is more stable.

A good anaethetist that is....

(1) (Reply)

Ayanna Williams: Meet The World Record Holder Of The Longest Fingernails / Yellow Fever Alert! First Case In Kwara State / A Case For Medical Practitioners!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.