Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

See How Many Years It Will Take You To Buy A Reps New Car - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Many Years It Will Take You To Buy A Reps New Car (831 Views)

Ini Ememobong Drives His Driver To His Wedding, Donates New Car To Him (Photos) / This Happens Once In 1000 Years & It's Happening Today / Throwback Photos Of Buhari With Serving Corpers At His Daura Home Many Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Many Years It Will Take You To Buy A Reps New Car by Jengem: 4:51am On Aug 07, 2017
Members of the House of Representatives have added new additions to their garages, as over 200 of the 360 members of the House have taken delivery of brand new wonders on wheels.

The vehicles manufactured by French automaker Peugeot are the 508 series which cost $46,000 a unit or N17 million. 360 units for all the members of the House are expected to cost N6.1 billion.

The luxury vehicles described by the Senate as utility [b]vehicles will take the average Nigerian earning minimum wage 77 years to afford. [/b]Lawmakers change their vehicles almost every electoral cycle and the huge financial burden is placed on Nigerian taxpayers.

Chairman of the House Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Mr. Abdulrazak Namdas described the exotic cars as “utility vehicles”

He told Punch, “Over 200 have been supplied out of 360 and we are still getting more.

“Every member will get a car by the end of this year. The issue is that the payment and supply of the vehicle is being done in instalments.

“The House and the company (Peugeot Automobile Nigeria Limited) agreed to this arrangement of paying and supplying in instalments.

“Naturally, not all the members can get their cars at the same time and we have explained to them why this cannot be possible.”

Despite the huge draining effect lawmakers have on the public purse, they are still complaining.

Johnson Agbonayinma (PDP, Edo) said they were being owed salaries since July.

In a statement to Punch, he said, “I don’t know what else to say. We are suffering. Nigerians are suffering.

“The National Assembly is treated with levity; they don’t take our case seriously.

“The people in the Ministry of Finance and the Central Bank, they tell you the same story every day.

“If there is no money, are those in the Executive not running their services? That is why I have been praying that President Muhammadu Buhari should get well fast and return home.

“So much is not going on well and we need a system that is not stagnated but working properly.”

According to information from CarsGuide, the vehicles come with adaptive headlights, 19 inch alloy wheels, LED headlights, sunvisors with vanity mirrors (for bae), power front seats special, head up display, Adjustable Steering Wheel – Tilt & Telescopic, Electronic Stability Program, Front Footwell Lights, Keyless Entry and Drive
Luggage/Cargo Area Light(s), Lane Change Warning, Leather Steering Wheel, Leather and much more.

Here are some photos of the actual Peugeot model, the reps will receive:

http://www.herald.ng/inside-reps-6-billion-car-bonanza/
Re: See How Many Years It Will Take You To Buy A Reps New Car by Larwin(m): 4:53am On Aug 07, 2017
Una weldone o cheesy

Re: See How Many Years It Will Take You To Buy A Reps New Car by Erudite202: 4:55am On Aug 07, 2017
Re: See How Many Years It Will Take You To Buy A Reps New Car by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:36am On Aug 07, 2017
And they will keep buying more, you know why?
Cause there is nothing you can do.
Until you all become serious about actualizing recall processes, your representatives will keep on using you all as foot mats to greater things
Re: See How Many Years It Will Take You To Buy A Reps New Car by Ebenebenliz: 5:53am On Aug 07, 2017
Re: See How Many Years It Will Take You To Buy A Reps New Car by Jengem: 5:54am On Aug 07, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
And they will keep buying more, you know why?
Cause there is nothing you can do.
Until you all become serious about actualizing recall processes, your representatives will keep on using you all as foot mats to greater things

Are u from cameroon?
Re: See How Many Years It Will Take You To Buy A Reps New Car by Nobody: 5:58am On Aug 07, 2017
It is always like this since 1999.these persons bad pass Evans the kidnapper.
Re: See How Many Years It Will Take You To Buy A Reps New Car by 48noble(m): 6:16am On Aug 07, 2017
77 years...pls shift i want to faint here
Re: See How Many Years It Will Take You To Buy A Reps New Car by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:19am On Aug 07, 2017
Jengem:

Are u from cameroon?
No, Nigeria, but I have decided to change my mentality
Re: See How Many Years It Will Take You To Buy A Reps New Car by Jengem: 6:21am On Aug 07, 2017
48noble:
77 years...pls shift i want to faint here

Are u earning minimum wage. I think its 18000. Maybe thats the figure they used. If you are earning 100k, and u use all your salary for car, then maybe it will take you 14 years

But please dont use all your salary for car unless u r politician and see money to steal
Re: See How Many Years It Will Take You To Buy A Reps New Car by Jengem: 6:23am On Aug 07, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

No, Nigeria, but I have decided to change my mentality

Mentality? But u were just preaching to nigerians to change their government

Ok as we are doing that, u will be on the sidelines changing mentality?

This your scam na first grade. Nobody wan die but they wan go heaven

1 Like

Re: See How Many Years It Will Take You To Buy A Reps New Car by 48noble(m): 6:33am On Aug 07, 2017
Jengem:

Are u earning minimum wage. I think its 18000. Maybe thats the figure they used. If you are earning 100k, and u use all your salary for car, then maybe it will take you 14 years

But please dont use all your salary for car unless u r politician and see money to steal

they r d ones that pegged d minimum wage at 18000...now look at it,how long it will take my brothers to come to their level...
Re: See How Many Years It Will Take You To Buy A Reps New Car by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:36am On Aug 07, 2017
Jengem:

Mentality? But u were just preaching to nigerians to change their government

Ok as we are doing that, u will be on the sidelines changing mentality?

This your scam na first grade. Nobody wan die but they wan go heaven

Do you know what mentality is about, or you just want to talk,

You are the ones complaining that car is expensive that it will take long to get it, if you are not a HOR member, and am giving you suggestions on what to do.
If you are not comfortable with your representatives collecting Greek gifts at the expense of the electorates, recall them,or keep quiet.
As for me, am indifferent, because I have changed my mentality about politicians.

Government is a collective responsibility, if you are not satisfied with those governing you, stand up and fight.
Re: See How Many Years It Will Take You To Buy A Reps New Car by THUNDAR(m): 7:20am On Aug 07, 2017
I need just 100k to round up My HND program! Did I see No! And people are here spending stack of cash for nothing! There is God!

On a good day, we will get there

(1) (Reply)

DNA TEST DENOUNCES IGBO TRIBE AS "NOT JEWS" / Timi Frank: APC Is Dead But Not Yet Buried / Nnamdi Kanu Deceiving Agitators, Igbos Will Loose More If Nigeria Breaks – Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.