Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,408 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

How To Make Sweet Coconut Rice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Sweet Coconut Rice (1618 Views)

Quick Easy Recipe On How To Make Sweet Donuts / Nigeria Coconut Rice (jollof) / Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Sweet Coconut Rice by vinegurl(f): 9:09pm On Aug 07, 2017
Coconut rice is another delicious rice recipe prepared here in Nigeria and also in many parts of the world, this can be prepared as jollof rice, fried rice or plain without addition of tomatoes or tatashe. Coconut rice is very simple to prepare yet very tast; an important ingredient for making coconut rice is coconut milk or coconut cream. This coconut milk is usually extracted from matured coconuts, hence canned coconut milk or cream can also be used for preparing cooconut rice instead of having to extract the milk from scratch.

Coconut rice Ingredients

1. 400g long grain parboiled rice or any rice of your choice
2. 2 matured coconut (or canned coconut milk)
3. 1 cup of chopped carrots
4. 1 cup of chopped green beans
5. 2 medium sized bell peppers
6. 1 cup of beef or chicken broth
7. 2 tablespoons of ground crayfish
8. 1 tablespoon of thyme
9. ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
10. 4 pieces of scotch bonnets or chilli peppers
11. 1 big size onion
12. 2 stock cubes
13. Salt to taste

To enjoy coconut rice you can prepare it with prawns, shrimps, fish or beef and it can be served either cold or hot together with salad or steamed vegetables.

Learn how to cook coconut rice here.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Make Sweet Coconut Rice by dingbang(m): 9:40pm On Aug 07, 2017
Vinegurl kiss
Re: How To Make Sweet Coconut Rice by vinegurl(f): 12:40am On Aug 08, 2017
[quote author=dingbang post=59250122]Vinegurl kiss[/quote
Yeah, how far?
Re: How To Make Sweet Coconut Rice by dingbang(m): 5:30am On Aug 08, 2017
vinegurl:
yeah how far?
I dey ....I just say make I hail u wink
Re: How To Make Sweet Coconut Rice by cassidy1996(m): 5:08pm On Aug 08, 2017
hmmm...yummy.............vinegurl am very hungry?
Re: How To Make Sweet Coconut Rice by vinegurl(f): 11:48pm On Aug 19, 2017
cassidy1996:
hmmm...yummy.............vinegurl am very hungry?

Really,I can open a restaurant because of you. Lol!
Re: How To Make Sweet Coconut Rice by cassidy1996(m): 10:40pm On Aug 20, 2017
vinegurl:

Really,I can open a restaurant because of you. Lol!
nice one!!! with what i have seen from you, i wanna take you to my mama and dont say No.....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Ice-fish I Bought For N200 This Morning / How To Start Your Export Business / Buy A Portion Of Cow Meat Or A Full Goat Meat And Get It Delivered To You Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.