Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health (19247 Views)

Nigerians Blast Lauretta Onochie Over Her Post About Atiku / "I Wept Because Of Buhari's Health" - Bisi Akande / Fresh Anxiety In Aso Rock Over Buhari’s Health - PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by nazanwannem: 10:52pm On Aug 07, 2017
President Buhari's media aide, Lauretta Onochie, who earlier today in an Channels TV interview said it's disrespectful for Nigerians to ask about the health status of the President because he's a private citizen, has been dragged by Nigerians.

According to most Nigerian Twitter users, Lauretta is doing a bad job as a media aide and should be off President Buhari's team;

http://www.lailasblog.com/nigerians-drag-media-aide-lauretta-onochie-comment-pres-buharis-health/

Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by wahles(m): 10:53pm On Aug 07, 2017
President of d Federation 'private Citizen'.. wot does that make we d citizens ?
U below ansa dah riddle

Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by Jostico: 10:54pm On Aug 07, 2017
That woman reasons and talk like a child

19 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by Seguntimmy(m): 11:03pm On Aug 07, 2017
so, we are the public citizens meant to work and serve without getin enuf access to enjoy what those so called PRIVATE CITIZENS are enjoying.
What a slap on that woman's face...

Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by knightsTempler: 11:41pm On Aug 07, 2017
Buhari Protest: THINK!!! PICK YOUR BATTLES. Let Yorubas Handle This.

Can we be smart about this for once? Can we use our heads East and South of the River Niger? Can we just play the fool for once and end up
as actually smart?

Buhari is a product of Northern grievance. I have written endlessly on this. The North feels cheated out of power which has led to Boko haram etc. They also believe their backwardness and destruction of their lands and death of their people is the fault of the south. Their warped thinking blames us. The great PDP was sacrificed on the altar of the Northern angst. Muazu that would have inherited the presidency from GEJ sacrificed his "heritage" just to placate his people. GEJ and Abdulsalam and and the the nation's
power brokers all sat in Aso Rock and made the sacrifice. It is not that they like Buhari or hate GEJ. You saw the welcome of GEJ in Kano.

Today, with all the tension in the land, Yorubas have kept quiet. Now again Igbos are the ones going "live" and rioting to remove Buhari. They are the ones leading "resume or resign". The Northern clerics and their almajiris are seeing this. They have been listening to Radio Biafra, watching Nnamdi Kanu and now Igbos are BEING USED to fight Buhari... fight the North as they see it. Why cannot some people sit and think.

Is Falana dead? Has Tunde Bakare become cripple? Has Wole Soyinka returned his Nobel Laureate award? Is Punch and Tribune and all Yoruba papers out of ink? All the Yoruba voices are silent out of tact and brilliance and intellect. But some people think it is their head that should be used to break coconut for Tinubu and Osinbajo to make coconut "candle" and coconut rice.

If this goes awry and the Northern clerics begin their preaching, like 1966, guess who they will blame for trying to take power from them? The Yorubas that will directly benefit are "kprorring" and folding their hands across their chest and hands gripping their lips together in silence. Other "constitutional voltrons" are risking the safety of our people up North perhaps for peanuts paid surreptitiously to a PROFESSIONAL DEMONSTRATOR from Kogi and or an ambitious Igbo man whose activities will be interpreted as the actions of all Igbos. (I have no problem with ambition. I actually like this chap. But some people aren't thinking)

My point? We have NOTHING TO GAIN from a Buhari return. We have NOTHING TO GAIN FROM A BUHARI RESIGNATION. El Rufai and Tinubu will be the beneficiaries. Everything will remain the same. However, it will be on record that Igbos (interpreted as all of the south not Yoruba) will have inherited hate and anger for taking power from the North and CHEATING THEM OF THEIR TENURE.

It is time for Ohaneze and Igbo senior voices to tell some people to stop risking lives.

LET YORUBAS AND HAUSA-HAUSA FULANI face their Aso Rock "Game of Thrones". For the rest of us, Let us wait for 2019 and see what we can do. Fighting over Buhari resuming or resigning simply shows people have no idea how to PICK THEIR BATTLES.

- Ena

116 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by adadike281(f): 8:09am On Aug 08, 2017
knightsTempler:

Can we be smart about this for once? Can we use our heads East and South of the River Niger? Can we just play the fool for once and end up
as actually smart?

Buhari is a product of Northern grievance. I have written endlessly on this. The North feels cheated out of power which has led to Boko haram etc. They also believe their backwardness and destruction of their lands and death of their people is the fault of the south. Their warped thinking blames us. The great PDP was sacrificed on the altar of the Northern angst. Muazu that would have inherited the presidency from GEJ sacrificed his "heritage" just to placate his people. GEJ and Abdulsalam and and the the nation's
power brokers all sat in Aso Rock and made the sacrifice. It is not that they like Buhari or hate GEJ. You saw the welcome of GEJ in Kano.

Today, with all the tension in the land, Yorubas have kept quiet. Now again Igbos are the ones going "live" and rioting to remove Buhari. They are the ones leading "resume or resign". The Northern clerics and their almajiris are seeing this. They have been listening to Radio Biafra, watching Nnamdi Kanu and now Igbos are BEING USED to fight Buhari... fight the North as they see it. Why cannot some people sit and think.

Is Falana dead? Has Tunde Bakare become cripple? Has Wole Soyinka returned his Nobel Laureate award? Is Punch and Tribune and all Yoruba papers out of ink? All the Yoruba voices are silent out of tact and brilliance and intellect. But some people think it is their head that should be used to break coconut for Tinubu and Osinbajo to make coconut "candle" and coconut rice.

If this goes awry and the Northern clerics begin their preaching, like 1966, guess who they will blame for trying to take power from them? The Yorubas that will directly benefit are "kprorring" and folding their hands across their chest and hands gripping their lips together in silence. Other "constitutional voltrons" are risking the safety of our people up North perhaps for peanuts paid surreptitiously to a PROFESSIONAL DEMONSTRATOR from Kogi and or an ambitious Igbo man whose activities will be interpreted as the actions of all Igbos. (I have no problem with ambition. I actually like this chap. But some people aren't thinking)

My point? We have NOTHING TO GAIN from a Buhari return. We have NOTHING TO GAIN FROM A BUHARI RESIGNATION. El Rufai and Tinubu will be the beneficiaries. Everything will remain the same. However, it will be on record that Igbos (interpreted as all of the south not Yoruba) will have inherited hate and anger for taking power from the North and CHEATING THEM OF THEIR TENURE.

It is time for Ohaneze and Igbo senior voices to tell some people to stop risking lives.

LET YORUBAS AND HAUSA-HAUSA FULANI face their Aso Rock "Game of Thrones". For the rest of us, Let us wait for 2019 and see what we can do. Fighting over Buhari resuming or resigning simply shows people have no idea how to PICK THEIR BATTLES.

- Ena
Ohanaeze spoke but no one listens to them. some of us that have been speaking up online have been termed ' enemies of state'.

Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by aolawale025: 8:13am On Aug 08, 2017
So pathetic
Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by cstr1000: 8:29am On Aug 08, 2017
knightsTempler:

as actually smart?

- Ena
You are intelligent.
I personally kept away from nairaland because of how embarrassed I was at my Igbo people.
The penchant to fight the wrong battles and end up giving up an undeserved advantage to far inferior people in the Nigerian space.
The war for aso-rock is intriguing. This is the best time in Nigeria to be an Igbo man because we of all the three major ethnics have far less invested in 2019.
Instead of my brothers to sit-back, watch the jackals go at each other and then pick up the spoils of war, they are busy trying to be the sole voice of reason in a way that does very little good to honour the intelligence igbos are known for.
It is very sad indeed.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by Lukmann1: 10:07am On Aug 08, 2017
media aid kor, media HIV ni. she is kept say rubbish on the net just to be pay salaries.

Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by gurunlocker: 10:10am On Aug 08, 2017
Buhari is making intelligent people look foolish, it must be very hard for them to defend him now, even nairaland zombies.... 5 out of 8 months in UK, best President ever.

Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by coolhamid(m): 10:10am On Aug 08, 2017
That is the problem with Buhari. In a sane clime , Buhari himself won't have been elected as a councillor talk less of being the President, he lacks the IQ to lead a 21st century nation, Just take a look at his cabinet. The average age of his cabinet member is 50+, When other countries are bringing youths into governance, Buhari is doing opposite.
I may not be a fan of OBJ but he brought many technocrats into his administration, OBJ brought Soludo, Frank Iweke Jnr, Okonjo, Dora Akunyili e.t c but Buhari gave us lauretta, kemi adeosun , Lie Muhammed and many others.

Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by magoo10(m): 10:11am On Aug 08, 2017
the woman is a disgrace to Igbo race
defending the dictator amounts to making a fool of one self and be ready to be a fool forever. buhari is observing the bail conditions given to KANU,as we can see he cannot be seen in the midst of more than ten people neither can he speak to the press .
my people aren't we serving a living God?

Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by AlexCk: 10:11am On Aug 08, 2017
"He's a private citizen?"

Pretty sure he's using public funds for his treatments tho.

This media-aide shaa,

Sorry to say this but.......@pix below

Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by emmasege: 10:11am On Aug 08, 2017
Could there be a response more stupid than the one from this old woman?

Imagine if this was from an equally dumb Femi Adesina. Some hopeless fools would have been ranting 'afonja' all over the internet, as if stupidity is endemic to a particular region or race.

Lauretta is another proof of the cosmopolitanism of stupidity and zombism in Nigeria, and the earlier we jettison these tribal wars for the sake of Nigeria, the better.

Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by longview007: 10:11am On Aug 08, 2017
You can now see the kind of cabinets appointed by PMB. Disgracing our nation world wide.

Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by SageTravels: 10:12am On Aug 08, 2017

Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by kings09(m): 10:12am On Aug 08, 2017
Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by rozayx5(m): 10:12am On Aug 08, 2017

that old hoe wont just respect herself now

talking anyhow

Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by Promismike(m): 10:12am On Aug 08, 2017
The worse insult on our intelligence and sense of reasoning. INGLORIOUS WITCH!
Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 08, 2017
The old woman always makes me queasy whenever I listen to her. So classless, an epitome of this administration.

Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 10:14am On Aug 08, 2017
na these people u dey call Nigerians? check their names
Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by LastSurvivor11: 10:15am On Aug 08, 2017
The fastest way to loose ur senses is to join APC..

Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by emmasege: 10:15am On Aug 08, 2017
knightsTempler:

as actually smart?

- Ena
My response to you and Ena or whoever authored this rubbish is that your argument lacks substance. Are you insinuating that Yorubas are not among those calling for Buhari's resignation? How sure are you that Yorubas were not among those who participated in the rally yesterday? For your info, not only did Yorubas but also some northerners. If you were really current, you would have realised that one 'Deji Adeyanju' was among the arrowheads of yesterday's rally.

And talking about the opposition against the current and worst regime in our nation's history, I put it to you that Yorubas are in the frontline. Please show me only one political voice from the eastern region which is as vocal and has spoken unequivocally against PMB's evil government like Fayose or FFK. While your politicians (e.g. Dave Umahi, Udom Emmanuel, Orji Kalu, Okorocha and others) are all fraternising with Buhari, we have some here in the south west who have vowed not eat the king's (Buhari's) delicacy, while noisemakers like Kanu who can at best make noise without impact 'appear' to be fighting your battles.

There may be thief.nubus and Aregberascals here in the west but we also have the likes of Fayose, FFK, Ebun Adegoruwa, Deji Adeyanju, Yinka Odumakin etc. You should have us to thank for having politicians like these at such a time like this.

Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by Generalyemi(m): 10:16am On Aug 08, 2017
k
Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 08, 2017
Lauretta O-zombie
Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by Doctorfitz: 10:19am On Aug 08, 2017
The only person I pity for is her husband how can any man marry this kinda slow poke.?

Disgusting

Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by 1shortblackboy: 10:19am On Aug 08, 2017
private citizen that Nigeria is paying the cost of his medical bills abroad. make them come carry me go london for treatment na i get neck pain im a private citizen of nigeria angry

Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by MEGAWATCH: 10:20am On Aug 08, 2017
knightsTempler:

as actually smart?

- Ena

My brother, this your write-up is the reason why Nigeria will never develop. Must our political leadership be played on the side of ethnic lines, why did we go to school in the first place.
Please this country will never develop on sentiments and ethnic beliefs but on patriotism, sincerity and commitment.
May God help us to change our evil ways.

Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by blackboy2star(m): 10:21am On Aug 08, 2017
That woman is sick... I have the right to know my President health status... I thought Segun Adeniyi of Yaradua's SP is the worst then never knew madam menopause nah senior for this
Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by kings09(m): 10:26am On Aug 08, 2017
U too much joor. This shows dat igbos dont know how to play politics. Only good at doing biz. I just hope sum1 will c dis n pass to Kanu so dat he can calm down n tensions go down. He has made his point n every nigerian is aware dat d country be restructured.
knightsTempler:

as actually smart?

- Ena
Re: Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health by chuckdee4(m): 10:26am On Aug 08, 2017
cstr1000:

You are intelligent.
I personally kept away from nairaland because of how embarrassed I was at my Igbo people.
The penchant to fight the wrong battles and end up giving up an undeserved advantage to far inferior people in the Nigerian space.
The war for aso-rock is intriguing. This is the best time in Nigeria to be an Igbo man because we of all the three major ethnics have far less invested in 2019.
Instead of my brothers to sit-back, watch the jackals go at each other and then pick up the spoils of war, they are busy trying to be the sole voice of reason in a way that does very little good to honour the intelligence igbos are known for.
It is very sad indeed.

You couldn't have put it any better.
All this show of machismo is only making us look stupid.
Little wonder the intellects distance themselves from the stupidity being displayed.

Mama HID Awolowo Passes Away?: Not True! / Appeal Court Dismisses Nnamdi Kanu's Appeal / Fashola Inspects Failed Portion Of Apap-ijora Bridge In Lagos

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109