Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) (33343 Views)

KBKFoundation To Give N500,000 To Ikekpeazu Chidinma UNN Best Graduating Student / Gtbank Dissociates Itself From N10k Given To Unn’s Best Graduating Student / Eke Ifeanyichukwu Emmanuel, UNN Best Graduating Student (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by LockDown69(m): 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2017
The printed banner self don reach 10k undecided what a joke
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2017
She dey smile ontop 10k, Nigerian doctors always under perform because most are unhappy, when they go abroad they start performing. In fact most Nigerian doctor are more comfortable treating malaria, typhoid and doing appendectomies.
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Onedibe1: 12:21pm On Aug 08, 2017
UNN na sch?
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by jaylicioussss(f): 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2017
omenka:
The banner is worth more than the prize money.

This is really appalling.
That banner does not cost more than 3k dear.
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by jaylicioussss(f): 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2017
BAGCOSACK:

Did you miss the GTB logo by the side? What does it tell you?
GTB already answered to the question on twitter. That the money is from the student body, the bank is just the association's bank. That's all, the girl got over 250k and I think employment from the school dear.
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Jman06(m): 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2017
And somebody would still be asking why nothing is working in Nigeria...
A country that glorifies frivolities at the expense of academic excellence, tell me how such country would solve her problems!

Nigeria lacks people with correct reasoning at all levels, including at the level of policy making and that is why nothing is working in the country. Imagine that it was the same people with poor reasoning that cancelled post-UTME. That action was a retrogressive step that has taken us decades backward.

Encourage more of these guys that excel academically, put them at the position of leadership, for there lies the solution to the numerous problems facing the country. I am of this view because, most times, it is the problem solvers that excel academically.
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by kolaaderin: 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2017
And the annoying thing is that GTBank is not even ashamed to been part of this nuisance charade of wall of shame.
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Jlow2: 12:32pm On Aug 08, 2017
and the useless big brother participants dat opened der breast and blow jobs, got properties and millions as gift, mr churchill wer re now ur needed
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by kingsmaila(m): 12:33pm On Aug 08, 2017
25,000,000.00 and a car can be given to BB Nija winner but the best graduating Medical student will be given 10,000.00. This kind of Man can create jobs when given 25,000,000.00 to establish a Hospital.
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 08, 2017
edi287:

Thought I was the only one who noticed...

I really don't think this is about feeling of entitlement....a lot of pple graduate and don't get anything...these graduate ddnt ask for any prize..pple are just angry at the level of importance attached to academic excellence in nigeria.....its not encouraging...we now complain that academic drive has gone down and everyone is joining daviso and wizkid

Developing countries have Nobel prize to celebrate academic excellence contribution: a gold medal, diploma and $920,000..

What's wrong with Nigeria having their thing to celebrate these kinda performance...even if it's not cash..a scholarship to phd level in nigeria or abroad shouldn't be a bad idea...10k is really awful..

Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by kolaaderin: 12:36pm On Aug 08, 2017
JasonScolari:
For a moment, I thought it was the "University" that awarded the student that peanut.....

Thumbs up to the association. grin

For GTBank to have their logo on the banner, they definitely have sponsored this charrade of embarrassment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by DJInfluence: 12:42pm On Aug 08, 2017
What a disgrace. Where are those stupid companies using useless people as brand ambassandors? See person with brain that should be supported and none of the companies came forward. Even the goverment no try at all. This is one of the reason, why most young men prefer to hustle than waste time and money going to school. Education is really underrated which is not surprising afterall, our presido no pass primary school level.
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by DavidHunds(m): 12:42pm On Aug 08, 2017
Evablizin:

You're a genius
cool
excellent! people have no chill,
they coud not even read properly lipsrsealed cry
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by bahaushe1: 12:44pm On Aug 08, 2017
goldfish80:
The banner inscription reads "University of Nigeria medical students association". I believe this is the departmental students association gala night.
10k is quite reasonable handout for such a group to give its member.
Thank you bro. Most of us commented without reading the post or looking at the poster. Faculty-based association donating 10k to one of it's members isn't bad at all.

1 Like

Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Ebonka1: 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2017
goldfish80:
The banner inscription reads "University of Nigeria medical students association". I believe this is the departmental students association gala night.
Blessing fall on you
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by bonifieldstun(m): 12:52pm On Aug 08, 2017
Chineke mo, lwkmd olorun David oyedepo lol I swear this one na real encouragement even an olodo copper still receive 19k warrissdis
E be like say dem no like the person DAT is y
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by emeka2847: 12:57pm On Aug 08, 2017
Prize is more important than price!
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by bionixs: 1:01pm On Aug 08, 2017
Fxmanager:
Shame on them.
did i see 10000 or 100000? this is madness
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by 06013276dc(f): 1:04pm On Aug 08, 2017
goldfish80:

God bless you...
When will Nigerians stop interpreting with their Amygdala....They will never read to understand... Very quick to judge...As if they didn't see Medical Association underneath.
And to those who say the banner cost more than the prize...well, happy to let you know that it can be re-used over and over
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by NicoBaba(m): 1:04pm On Aug 08, 2017
goldfish80:
A sage you are.. brains u ve got

1 Like

Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Tobilonia(m): 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ma brother, when Jesus said "it is finished " what were u thinking?
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by xyoung: 1:13pm On Aug 08, 2017
MysteriousAnn:
Even ASHAEWO competition third runner up gets more than that. I might just think of hitting ASHAEWO business than going to school. undecided

See your life? grin
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by xyoung: 1:15pm On Aug 08, 2017
bionixs:
did i see 10 or 100? be like say madness go soon catch me

Hahahahahahahahahahah
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by xyoung: 1:18pm On Aug 08, 2017
jaylicioussss:
Zenith bank, sorry GTB already answered to the question on facebook. That money is even too much, she should have been given N3,000 for the effort. Did we ask her to study medicine?
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by kan12(m): 1:20pm On Aug 08, 2017
After they will want you to treat someone without
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by unqombothi(f): 1:20pm On Aug 08, 2017
MadCow1:
Nigerians and sense of entitlement.

In my NYSC days, Firstbank Nigeria (Obubra branch) sponsored the football match and gave the winners 5k, second place 3k and third place 1K. grin Meanwhile the cost of each platoon to set up their teams cost in excess of 15k. grin

Just take it and move on. They don't owe you shiit so be grateful for the one you got.
You dey mind them? They're even comparing it to commercial TV events like Maltina dancehall and beauty pageants. It's the sort of emotionalism that gets our people nowhere.
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Yusufsaheed(m): 1:22pm On Aug 08, 2017
cum 2 FUDMA here n c wer first class students and 4 pointers are paid 60k and 20k evry session nt 2 talk of best graduating student. dis is ridiculous. up FUDMA. shout out 2 my A.G VC prof Bichi(the best v.c ever)
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by pawesome(m): 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2017
Even d banner alone is more dn 10k
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Youngadvocate(m): 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2017
So, banner now costs more that human being.

You do banner for over 10k and reward human being with only 10k ...continu
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2017
MadCow1:
Nigerians and sense of entitlement.

In my NYSC days, Firstbank Nigeria (Obubra branch) sponsored the football match and gave the winners 5k, second place 3k and third place 1K. grin Meanwhile the cost of each platoon to set up their teams cost in excess of 15k. grin

Just take it and move on. They don't owe you shiit so be grateful for the one you got.

weellll. . .
the prize also says alot about the value we place on academic achievement

dad, i am the best student in my class!
cool, now take this money and buy one okrika office shoe, you've done well.

we should also not be disturbed when we hear the guy is in uk or us.

the doctor brain drain is a real thing
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Afritop(m): 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2017
EDUCATIONAL HUMILIATION.

WHEN AN ENEMY WANT TO HUMILIATE YOU HE LETS YOUR SPONSORS INSTEAD OF HONOURING YOU WITH A REPUTED SCHOLARSHIP, CAR OR MILLIONS OF NAIRA FOR YOUR BRILLIANT EFFORTS, ALLOW THEM GIVE YOU TRANSPORT MONEY FROM NSUKKA TO LAGOS BY ANNOUNCING IT TO THE PUBLIC angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

OAU SUG Vice President Crying After Fight Involving Union Members (pictures) / COVID-19 Patient In Kwara Writes WAEC Exam In Isolation / Good English: A Sign Of Education & Intelligence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.