Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured (29207 Views)

Charly Boy, Jim Iyke, Aisha Yesufu At Anti-Buhari Resume Or Resign Protest (Pic) / Charly Boy Collapses At The Resume Or Resign Protest In Abuja / Resume Or Resign: Man Stands In Front Of Abuja House In London With Placard (PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by slendxy: 1:45pm On Aug 08, 2017
Newbiee:
Na you lock am down?
No, APC and their shameless supporters did.
Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by Cdec(m): 1:47pm On Aug 08, 2017
I am still baffled by the fact that the litany of protests and demonstrations have done little or more realistically, nothing to effect the changes that the people seek. The cries of the ordinary citizens continue to fall on deaf ears, while our "rulers" delight in ambient corruption. Revolution seems to be the only remedy, but most unfortunately, we have docile and petty youths, who thrive in ethnic wars and religious bigotry rather than face and confront the reality that our collective future is on the verge of bn lost to political kleptomania.
Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by Abagworo(m): 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2017
MARKETfund:
Mehnn!

What's wrong with Africans, particularly this government?
Have we forgotten so soon how peaceful protesters trooped to the streets in Abuja during Yar'adua's saga with police protecting them?
Even disesnting voices that make up over 70% of the present Government had their inflammatory say in all the media outlet available with no one shushing them.
I ask, are we moving forward or backward?

There's a difference between the 2 scenarios. This one is political while the other was civil.
Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by mystiquemaestro(m): 2:02pm On Aug 08, 2017
ekensi01:
When Hungry over catch people they have to go and find solutions.

If Aso Rock feed them i swear they would all go back.

If i was the chief security i would take them to farm to boast our economy.
Jobless fools.>

you call charley boy a jobless fool?

your president has been away, and there is no tangible explanation for that, and all you do is proffer solutions of torture on them.

you need an upgrade of your senses, Sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by goldedprince: 2:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
please shoot them sporadically, since they cant be patient.
ok, what is the use of having a vice president?
is it not for him to act as president if he is absent or sick?

1 Like

Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by ozimec(m): 2:06pm On Aug 08, 2017

1 Share

Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by MrSly(m): 2:10pm On Aug 08, 2017
emmasege:
That's the change zombies foisted on Nigeria. Why do we think the key security agencies in charge of homeland crises (Nigeria Police, Army, Airforce, DSS ) are all being headed by Buharists?
I didn't vote vote Buhari, I even preferred Jonathan. I knew he wasn't good enough yet I preferred him during 2015 polls but my dear the matter at hand is bigger than calling somebody zombie. Almost all the masses were manipulated by APC empty promises. Political elites of North and South West did this for their common interest but now they have lost control over their pet, only few cabals do so.
The masses were all deceived. Nobody sees calamity and still votes for it.
Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by buffalowings: 2:19pm On Aug 08, 2017
Chrisozone:
Pls i have a question!!!

Is it that nairaland dont post Good news about nigeria

Or

Is it that good news cannot be heard from Nigeria anymore?

Pls i need answers. Because me that is in diaspora, i am not understanding anymore o

You say wetin
Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by coasta(m): 2:20pm On Aug 08, 2017
It can only happen in a country like this....
Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by dokiOloye(m): 2:47pm On Aug 08, 2017
seunmsg:
Very unnecessary! The right to protest is a constitutional right that can never be denied. Any attempt to frustrate the protest will only make it more popular.
Hypocrite.
If it were IPOB now,your tone would've been different.
Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by Cdec(m): 2:51pm On Aug 08, 2017
Abagworo:

There's a difference between the 2 scenarios. This one is political while the other was civil.
In a democracy, there is no such difference. Whether political or civil, the bottom line is that we are all citizens who have stakes in the politics of the nation. Civil movements have political implications and are championed by civilians.

No difference whatsoever!!!

2 Likes

Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by Cdec(m): 2:54pm On Aug 08, 2017
Abagworo:

In a democracy, there is no such difference. Whether political or civil, the bottom line is that we are all citizens and by the virtue of the constitution, have equal stake in the politics of this nation. Civil movements have political implications and are championed by civilians.

Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by Ratello: 3:08pm On Aug 08, 2017
somehow:
Do you want Buhari to resume (take over from Osinbajo) or you want him to stay on sick leave till 2019 while Osinbajo continues...? Pick one.
You are clearly missing the big point here that as long as Buhari is still alive Osinbajo will never be pronounced as The President. Buhari is still your President whether in vegetative state or cabbage state. I hope you understand now
Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by crownbryan(m): 3:30pm On Aug 08, 2017
Misplaced priority by security agencies. nonviolence protest does not warrant arrest irrespective of who it against.
Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by TheKingIsHere: 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2017
magoo10:
where are the online demons worshiping this evil govt. shame on you all
Do you mean sarrki and omenka? grin
Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by emmasege: 7:25pm On Aug 08, 2017
MrSly:

I didn't vote vote Buhari, I even preferred Jonathan. I knew he wasn't good enough yet I preferred him during 2015 polls but my dear the matter at hand is bigger than calling somebody zombie. Almost all the masses were manipulated by APC empty promises. Political elites of North and South West did this for their common interest but now they have lost control over their pet, only few cabals do so.
The masses were all deceived. Nobody sees calamity and still votes for it.
No, not everyone was deceived. I for one was not, but maybe you were.

1 Like

Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 08, 2017
ogawisdom:

Even if he is exercising jst 20% we are economically better, a paint of garri is 700 but when dullard dey I bought at 1200
so true
Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by bashydemy(m): 7:30pm On Aug 08, 2017
seunmsg:
Very unnecessary! The right to protest is a constitutional right that can never be denied. Any attempt to frustrate the protest will only make it more popular.

Even if it lead to disturbing the general public? Who give them go ahead to protest?
Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by sapele914(m): 7:42pm On Aug 08, 2017
Chrisozone:
Pls i have a question!!!

Is it that nairaland dont post Good news about nigeria

Or

Is it that good news cannot be heard from Nigeria anymore?

Pls i need answers. Because me that is in diaspora, i am not understanding anymore o
The people are a bad and wicked race of people that hide their hypocrisy under religion be it Christianity or Islam,we Nigerians are only reaping what we are sowing.

The President of the country is ill his deputy is doing very well no effect of Buhari's absence is been felt,money has been shared by the 3 tiers of government without any complications,what do they want?,how does the President's absence affect their incomes?paid pdp supporters. They want him to resign?Jokers go and meet akpabio for more funding.

Former minister of petroleum has been in the U.K for 2 years you won't protest for the Federal Government to repatriate her,it is President Buhari that is your problem?
Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by chimeee: 7:49pm On Aug 08, 2017
what do u expect..Nigeria is like a buhari family business.. the people that surpose to make things right are his family members
Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by sapele914(m): 7:52pm On Aug 08, 2017
somehow:
Do you want Buhari to resume (take over from Osinbajo) or you want him to stay on sick leave till 2019 while Osinbajo continues...? Pick one.
Thank you for your rational thinking,when next Charles Oputa and those his igbo smoking colleagues disturb the peace they should be arrested and charged for been public nuisances.

If president Buhari comes back tomorrow they are the same people that will criticize him,that he should have rested more and that the cabals are the ones that brought him back to curtail Osinbajo's good work,mumu hypocrites.
Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by sapele914(m): 8:03pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ratello:

You are clearly missing the big point here that as long as Buhari is still alive Osinbajo will never be pronounced as The President. Buhari is still your President whether in vegetative state or cabbage state. I hope you understand now
Misguided Puppy go and read the Nigeria Constitution of 1979 amended 1999, then you would realize how ignorant you are.

Innocuous fools have enjoyed special privileges in cultural and economic groups,whereas aggresive madmen have had to be restrained or incarcerated.
Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by sapele914(m): 8:16pm On Aug 08, 2017
Cdec:
In a democracy, there is no such difference. Whether political or civil, the bottom line is that we are all citizens and by the virtue of the constitution, have equal stake in the politics of this nation. Civil movements have political implications and are championed by civilians.

Good,by virtue of that same constitution you claim gives you the right to protest that same constitution gives the President of Nigeria the right to be on medical leave with no set time to return,so the protesters have no cause of action.

What the protesters demand is unconstitutional and we all know that the provisions of the constitution is supreme.
Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by MrSly(m): 8:23pm On Aug 08, 2017
emmasege:
No, not everyone was deceived. I for one was not, but maybe you were.
I said almost all not all
Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by Ratello: 10:10pm On Aug 08, 2017
sapele914:
The people are a bad and wicked race of people that hide their hypocrisy under religion be it Christianity or Islam,we Nigerians are only reaping what we are sowing.

The President of the country is ill his deputy is doing very well no effect of Buhari's absence is been felt,money has been shared by the 3 tiers of government without any complications,what do they want?,how does the President's absence affect their incomes?paid pdp supporters. They want him to resign?Jokers go and meet akpabio for more funding.

Former minister of petroleum has been in the U.K for 2 years you won't protest for the Federal Government to repatriate her,it is President Buhari that is your problem?
I will suggest you stick with your house agent business and stop posting comments here ignorantly. You are clearly out of the loop in the scheme of things
Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by Ratello: 10:14pm On Aug 08, 2017
goldedprince:
please shoot them sporadically, since they cant be patient.
ok, what is the use of having a vice president?
is it not for him to act as president if he is absent or sick?
May you not die a zombie in Jesus Name (Amen)! Who needs an Acting President when we can get a President in Osinbajo just and only if Buhari can be reasonable enough to let go due to his bad and unfortunate health status. This is the picture
Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by WizzPoll: 10:23pm On Aug 08, 2017
Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by goldedprince: 2:36am On Aug 09, 2017
Ratello:

May you not die a zombie in Jesus Name (Amen)! Who needs an Acting President when we can get a President in Osinbajo just and only if Buhari can be reasonable enough to let go due to his bad and unfortunate health status. This is the picture
may you die a zombie in JESUS NAME. who told you we aint ok with osinbanjo been an acting president till the president is strong an ok.
why must you idiots bury a man alive. is buhari dead that you will be talking of his vice taking over as president?
why is he called a vice president?
idiots like you are the problem nigeria should first get ride of
Re: Resume Or Resign Protesters Attacked By Police In Abuja, Journalist Injured by Ratello: 10:41am On Aug 09, 2017
goldedprince:

may you die a zombie in JESUS NAME. who told you we aint ok with osinbanjo been an acting president till the president is strong an ok.
why must you idiots bury a man alive. is buhari dead that you will be talking of his vice taking over as president?
why is he called a vice president?
idiots like you are the problem nigeria should first get ride of
You are right!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo Visits Tinubu And Shetima In Abuja / Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu / Shettima, OBJ, GEJ, Patience, Saraki At Governor Diri's Inauguration (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.