Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Okrika (aka Akube) Isn’t Cheap: A Sarcastic Explanation - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Okrika (aka Akube) Isn’t Cheap: A Sarcastic Explanation (667 Views)

Why We Prefer Okrika Underwears - Nigerian Women / Crazy Inscriptions On Okrika (Second-Hand) Clothes / What Okrika Clothing Has Done To Africans In Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Okrika (aka Akube) Isn’t Cheap: A Sarcastic Explanation by alexander0: 3:10pm On Aug 08, 2017
Okrika items may seem as cheap as that familiar smell that comes with it, but actually riskier and costlier than mostly imagined.

I’d like to argue that we pay more for cheap things in various ways we may not identify.

Most of us have once (or still) patronize second hand products (especially clothes, shoes and house ware) because we think they are cheaper, there’s a variety to choose from and it appears to be of better quality, since its coming from the abroad.

I must tell you, the life of an addicted okrika buyer is not a perfect one. Amidst the cheapness and the idea of ‘saving money’, is unexpected stress and unprecedented waste.

Used items are simply what they are – Used.

Truth is that, the oyinbo who abandoned that shoe or bag did for a reason which may not be obvious to you until you reach house. This is when you are checking out (again) the item you’ve just bought under a 60watts bulb and you are in a less excited mood. It is then you would see the flaw. Sometimes, it’s a minor flaw and sometimes it’s major. Major flaws require major repairs and this means more money is to be spent. For example fixing the heel of an Akube shoe or sowing the armpit area of a bend down select shirt.

Most times, we buy used items because of their low prices.

How about if I proffer a solution where you would get quality items easy, stress free and at a very competitive price? In short, at a serious price slash!

http://priceslash.ng Vs Akube

Let me outline the factors involved in acquiring an akube item and those involved in acquiring your items from priceslash.

Akube:

You fit bend? You have to be able to bend down real good and for a long while too. No pain, no gain right? The longer you stay bent and able to dig into that pile of used items, the luckier you’ll be in getting a pretty and quality item you can flaunt as yours later.

Be a Select Pro: You had better know how to select. If not, you will get home, open your package, only to find out half of what you’ve just bought is in need of serious repair. You need to look inside and out of the item you are buying, look over the edges and taste the fabric (kiddin’) to make sure you are buying right.

You fit price well? You must know how to haggle like no tomorrow. Sometimes the headache that comes with the haggling, argument and begging between the seller and buyer brings one kain headache paracetamol may not be able to handle.

It’s majorly luck: Sometimes you are lucky, and sometimes you are not. There’s hardly a flawless okrika item.

http://priceslash.ng

Low prices Everyday: Priceslash provides access to the best prices available on desired products.

On Demand Shopping: At Priceslash we understand the stress of searching endlessly without finding what you want. Our on-demand service lets us do all the moving around for you.

Buyer Protection: We provide 48 hours money back guarantee on defective items. No stories!

24/7 Customer support: There’s always a customer service personnel on ground to help you with whatever you want, hence saving your time.

With this few points of mine, I hope I have been able to convince and not confuse you that Okrika though may seem cheap, but it’s not that cheap- there’s an undercover expense that comes with it. We pay more in ways that we may refuse to admit. Click and purchase on http://priceslash.ng/1 instead.

Yours truly,
Former Akube addict.
Re: Okrika (aka Akube) Isn’t Cheap: A Sarcastic Explanation by Cholls(m): 3:20pm On Aug 08, 2017
my brother from this hard economic hardship my naija people are facing you dey give dis kain advice... simply tr...

(1) (Reply)

Men Fashion: Tips To Look More Muscular In Your Dressing / learn how to Bag And Shoes / Farek Unisex Clothing Is Hiring.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.