Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion (4830 Views)

Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother / One Reason You Should Stop Wearing Trousers,earring,attachment And Makeups / The Sound Word About Women Wearing Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion by Nobody: 12:18am On Feb 13, 2010
Basically, i am a person who loves Trousers but my parents complain each time I wear it. They keep on quoting the portion of the old testament that forbids women from wearing men's clothing. but in this day and age i feel Ladies Trousers is quite diffrent from their male counterparts. I'm only respecting them cuz they are my parents but its getting out of hand. I'm a plus size and trousers makes me smarter than d skirt and moreover skirts can be very boring. Does God really frown at it cuz i'm planning to start as soon as i'm through with my service year. Pls advise me
Re: Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion by Iyineda(m): 12:38am On Feb 13, 2010
To be honest I had a totally different approach to answer your question (because I'm not a believer); however, I just want to tell you that my mother and sisters are Christians and they all wear jeans, trousers and what have you. They definitely don't feel guilty and don't seem too worried about if "God" approves or not. I could understand if you were hesitant about wearing skimpy clothings, but come on: A PAIR OF TROUSERS! Never thought that could be mind-boggling. shocked

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion by mamagee3(f): 12:46am On Feb 13, 2010
This has got to be the most bizarre thing I have ever read today. . .
So, you think God judges people from the Clothing they wear? shocked shocked
You must be from Planet Umarto

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion by AbuZola3(m): 1:16am On Feb 13, 2010
This christian are slut. Then why advertising ur backside and sexually harrassing men. U xtrian Abide by a portion of the bible and dismiss some portion, so pathetic.

@op- if u like punch ur parent for telling u d truth. Nonsense
Re: Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion by Traugott(m): 3:52am On Feb 13, 2010
@OP: Your trousers do not necessarily define your outlook. You can wear a skirt and be indecnt, or wear a trouser and be decent. Dressing decently and modestly is what God is concerned about.
Re: Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion by vivaladiva(f): 5:39am On Feb 13, 2010
seriously, i am glad 1 i have a mind of my own
2 that i am not bound by so called religious rules
i tell my mum all the time, i am me and you r u, u dont have to like wat i like n vice versa, if heaven is your thing by all means knock ur self out, how i choose to live my life,wat i like to wear n my religious or non religious stance has absolutely nothing to do with you or anybody, but then again some people say am rude, but who cares, so lng as am happy rite?
Re: Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion by Odunnu: 8:34am On Feb 13, 2010
I'v a bad leg and as such,I feel stupid in stirts.I jst kant be caught in skirts,no matter how long.I once wore a native(ly) sown trouser to an Anglican church weddin and d security man refusd me entrance accordin to hm I was indecently dressd.For d 1st time in a longwhyl,i was ready2 fyt.I insistd on goin in and whyl d rofo rofo was goin on,d Archbishop drove in and even thoug I ddnt knw it was hm,I jumpd in jst b4 d gate closd and he was forcd 2come out and stop d loomin earthquake.
He told them nothn was wrong wt my pair of trouserz wt d way I wore it,he furthr instructd them 2look out 4 ppl wt short/mini skirts,saggin trouserz,open back,sleevles and a numbr of stuff,bt 4me,he askd them 2let me in.
I wear jeans,chinox,traditional and anythn trouserz bt whyl i'm at it I'm careful nt 2expose any private part.If u r decently dressd,u'l be addressd decently
Re: Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion by Joagbaje(m): 8:45am On Feb 13, 2010
@ Poster
you are right nothing is wrong in wearing of trouser by ladies, There is different between female trousers and male trouser. The bible is not against trouser .The only problem is a misunderstanding of just one scripture.

Deut. 22:5
    The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

They didnt wear trousers those days in Israel.In Israel there was no male dress or female dress, They all wore gowns and there was no difference between the male gown and the female gown.They didnt have fashion design those days.
Men wore gowns and skirts as well as women.That was one of the reasons that the altar did not have steps, but rather they ascend the altar by a ramp because there was no underwear or trouser.

Exodus 20:26
    Neither shalt thou go up by steps unto mine altar, that thy unclothedness be not discovered thereon.

So what was Deut 22 making reference to? It was saying that a man should not wear the particular gown with a woman. eg . a husband put on his wife's gown.Because women were objects of uncleanness and also God was against mixing. This was symbolic ;to distinguish Israel from other nations. Those laws of diversity were for that purpose. Dont mix or mingle. All that has been abolished in Christ.Even if it ever refers to trouser, we are no longer under the law and I wonder why people only quote that verse only and leave out verse 9 and 11

Deut. 22:9
    Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard with divers seeds: lest the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled.

This means it was a sin to plant different things in one farm.

Deut. 22:11
    Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.

All of us would have certainly been guilty of this. These laws were given to show God was against Israel mixing up with other nations. Israel was chosen as holy nation while the gentile nations were called unclean,
But when Christ came he had brought us together as one.

Galatians 3:28
    There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

these laws of diversity were to drive the point home of how God hated mingling. Some animals were called unclean ,to symbolise the gentiles also.

Acts 11:7-9
    And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat. [8] But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth. [9] But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

Acts 10:28
    And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

If anybody is against women wearing trouser, it is a personal thing but the bible should not be used as reference
Re: Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion by jagunlabi(m): 9:06am On Feb 13, 2010
I have seen a lot of frescoes of the christian/catholic god and he was not even dressed!The bagger was painted almost unclothed.Now, how indecent is that?Only if he could've put on a robe . . .
What about all those unclothed chubby looking cherubims that had nothing on but their skins surrounding god?Not to talk of the crucified unclothed figure of jesus on the walls of many churches.Nobody raises eyebrows to that.Christians just enjoy making nonsense of their religion and fools of themselves over irrelevant issues. Yeye . . .
Re: Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion by anukulapo: 10:11am On Feb 13, 2010
Plus to jagunlabi and joagbaje for their post does help bout trouser.here is my view and it is certainly not bout trouser but bout you,your parents and God.i think you need not rebel to get what you want because you might get what you want offending them,offending God and thereby offending yourself because you will end up dishonouring them(see matt 15:1-9) then the issue you'll be facing won't be about honour.I guess trouser is not allowed in your church either and you have in no way put up a fight against it even though the leaders are not your parents so you should keep cool with yours.Be determined to get your parent to share their view and reason for not supporting wearing of trouser and share yours too not like wanting make make them see why YOU must year it but what you understand about the scripture expanding like how d good posters did here.REMEMBER that "there are ways that seems right unto men, "
Re: Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion by Joagbaje(m): 6:17pm On Feb 13, 2010
In my own opinion, as much as I Know that God has no problem with women wearing trousers, If your church has a doctrine against wearing of trouser, you should not wear it , because it will be a form of rebellion . It is better to move to a church that agrees with your convictions .
Re: Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 14, 2010
thanks for all your responses i think i have a better understanding i'll obey my parents while i'm under their roof to let peace reign but when i'm not under them i'll have my way cuz its only trousers that keeps me looking smart,
Re: Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion by TV01(m): 1:41pm On Feb 14, 2010
yinx007:

I'm a plus size

Is losing weight an option cheesy?
Re: Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion by sonya4all(m): 9:31pm On Feb 14, 2010
The trousers even shows how bad those legs are the more.Since there are skirts for females why not show me skirts for men.U interprete the bible 2 suit ur self.Those wearing skirts are not fool neither will u be a fool wearing one.Even if the world hate u for that.So people loves u more than them.God loves u
Re: Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion by vocalist(f): 2:05pm On Mar 06, 2010
whether old or new testament quotation the word of GOD stand sure, u can not use ur personal desire, and disobey the world of GOD. the bible has said that the man should not put on any thing that pertaineth to a lady so also is applicable to the lady, simple and short, if like wear make u know say u bi disobedient child and i hope that u know the Advantageof disobedience.
Re: Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion by mamagee3(f): 7:05pm On Mar 06, 2010
God doesn't frown on people's Clothing. . .
He searches for the purity of the heart and not the kind of clothing a woman is wearing on her body
It doesn't a woman shouldn't dress appropriately. . .
Re: Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion by honeyfave: 4:33pm On Jun 02, 2012
I liked putting on trousers too that people have asked me if i dont have any skirt.My reason was that trousers makes me look smarter(that's my thinking). Behold in the month of May 2011, i had a dream in which i dressed in a pair of trouser and a blouse holding my Bible. A man was looking at me and my Bible and told my that the way of my dressing does not glorify God, he later showed me the kind of dress i need to put on. i changed to the dress d man showed me in the dream. And d man said that i can now go anywhere i want to go with my bible. Since that time i ve stopped putting on trousers.

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Bishop David Abioye! / Apostle Johnson Suleman's Wedding Reception In 2004(photo) / GURU» The Pathfinder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.