Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,588 members, 7,837,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

It's Time To Debate On Capital Punishment For Human Killers In Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's Time To Debate On Capital Punishment For Human Killers In Nigeria! (386 Views)

Buhari, Atiku, Others Scheduled For Presidential Debate On December 14 / Gbenga Daniel And Rotimi Amaechi In Campaign Debate On Channels TV / "If They Tell You President Buhari Is Scared To Debate, Show Them This Video" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Time To Debate On Capital Punishment For Human Killers In Nigeria! by moninuola65: 8:28pm On Aug 08, 2017
Things get worst day by day, and innocents souls lost daily, can't we have rethink on the criminal law to safe innocent souls.
It's hard to lose love ones!
Re: It's Time To Debate On Capital Punishment For Human Killers In Nigeria! by terzurum(m): 8:37pm On Aug 08, 2017
moninuola65:
Things get worst day by day, and innocents souls lost daily, can't we have rethink on the criminal law to safe innocent souls.
It's hard to lose love ones!
Oga, are you referring to the Senate? The whole NASS, Sarahpi and Dogbara
Re: It's Time To Debate On Capital Punishment For Human Killers In Nigeria! by RevDesm0ndJuju: 9:17pm On Aug 08, 2017
Murder under whatever superstitious fetish motive is still murder and the penal system is very clear on the punishment awaiting convicted murderers - death by hanging.

What should be debated is not the already existing capital punishment but why we are seeing a huge surge in ritual related murders and abductions especially in the SW.

I know of only two high profile criminals convicted and executed of murder by ritual and one of them was a Yoruba Oba and the other an Igbo business man (Otokoto).

What should be up for debate also is why there is virtually or hardly any ongoing arrests, prosecutions and convictions of ritual murderers?

Who is protecting them and to what extent is their reach to powerful people in the society?

The Badoo ritual gang plagued Ikorodu just a few months to the slated Lagos LG elections. Osogbo and environs is already heating up with more cases of ritual related murders and kidnappings and this may not be unconnected to the coming gubernatorial elections in the fetish hell hole next year.

There is obviously a structured system in place with the petite rogue scum who scours for victims, the Alfa juju priests who carry out the diabolical ceremony and the powerful rich beneficiaries who are at the top of this pyramid of evil.

While I stand firmly on capital punishment for these sleaze bags not as a deterrent to others hoping to go down this same path but as the only punishment deserving to them for their diabolical act, I however am opposes to jungle justice as it stalls investigations into the deep Web of co-conspirators and sponsors and backers of this evil.

1 Like

Re: It's Time To Debate On Capital Punishment For Human Killers In Nigeria! by bolanto24(m): 10:42pm On Aug 08, 2017
RevDesm0ndJuju:
Murder under whatever superstitious fetish motive is still murder and the penal system is very clear on the punishment awaiting convicted murderers - death by hanging.

What should be debated is not the already existing capital punishment but why we are seeing a huge surge in ritual related murders and abductions especially in the SW.

I know of only two high profile criminals convicted and executed of murder by ritual and one of them was a Yoruba Oba and the other an Igbo business man (Otokoto).

What should be up for debate also is why there is virtually or hardly any ongoing arrests, prosecutions and convictions of ritual murderers?

Who is protecting them and to what extent is their reach to powerful people in the society?

The Badoo ritual gang plagued Ikorodu just a few months to the slated Lagos LG elections. Osogbo and environs is already heating up with more cases of ritual related murders and kidnappings and this may not be unconnected to the coming gubernatorial elections in the fetish hell hole next year.

There is obviously a structured system in place with the petite rogue scum who scours for victims, the Alfa juju priests who carry out the diabolical ceremony and the powerful rich beneficiaries who are at the top of this pyramid of evil.

While I stand firmly on capital punishment for these sleaze bags not as a deterrent to others hoping to go down this same path but as the only punishment deserving to them for their diabolical act, I however am opposes to jungle justice as it stalls investigations into the deep Web of co-conspirators and sponsors and backers of this evil.

insightful writeup. I agree intoto.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Threaten To Drag Fayose To Court / South East Group Hold Rally For Buhari / Osinbajo Woos Ecowas Bank As Adeosun Emerges Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.