Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Audi RS3 Instrument Cluster Was Killed, How To Repair - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Audi RS3 Instrument Cluster Was Killed, How To Repair (810 Views)

Advert Of Girl Eating Banana: Audi Apologises / Instrument Cluster Displays N But Gear Is In Drive / Hilarious Photos of Things People Use To Repair Their Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Audi RS3 Instrument Cluster Was Killed, How To Repair by mohalo: 8:24am On Aug 09, 2017
Hi all,

Since i had a big struggle with this, just posting in case it helps anyone in the future.

Problem: I got a V21 FVDI for Audi RS3 8P (2012) , and wanted to test with my own car the change mileage option. FVDI was able to successfully read the KM, but when it wrote the change, the Instrument Cluster died (got stuck into bootmode). It turned out that FVDI doesnt handle micronas ICs.

Solution: Got a Digiprog 3 V4.94, selected the correct model, changed mileage to the one it had before modifying, and after this operation, the IC was back to life. An extra operation was to remove the DTCs from the IC, but this was done also with digiprog.
http://www.obdii365.com/wholesale/low-cost-digiprog-iii-odometer-master-programmer-entire-kit.html
So, that's that. I hope this helps someone in the future.

(1) (Reply)

For Suspension And Power Steering - Buy Quality GEARBOX / How Come Nigerian Auto Sites Don't Have Prices Listed On Their Website??? / Promo.. Fee Diagnosis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.