Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,926 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story (24453 Views)

Ubi Franklin: I Attempted Suicide After Iyanya Left MMMG Same Week My Wife Left / Olakunle Oladunni Churchill Celebrates His Birthday Today (Photos) / Kemi Olunloyo To Olakunle Oladunni Churchill: "You Can Hang Out With 2000 Women" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by GLeesMODEL(m): 6:12pm On Aug 09, 2017
IN line with the mission of this column as a platform where personal experiences are told to positively shape humanity, this encounter with renowned entrepreneur, Churchill Oladuni leaves many beneficial takeaways. It is an account of focus, decisiveness, and growth narrated to Charles Kumolu&Chris Onuoha by a man, whose desire to build a personal brand has seen him getting involved with the high and mighty beyond the shores of Nigeria. He heads top-notch organisations like the Big Church Foundation, King Andre Realtors, a real estate firm, and Big Church Haven, an ICT firm. With CHARLES  KUMOLU

Who is Churchill Oladuni
?
I am Churchill Olakunle Oladunni, the chairman of Big Church Foundation and its subsidiaries. We are into agriculture, mining, consultancy, real estate,  ICT, entertainment and a philanthropism. I also have an NGO, the Big Church Foundation that reaches out to the needy in the society. I have a real estate firm called King Andre Realtors, formerly Big Church Properties.We also have Big Church Haven that focuses on ICT . I am a straight forward person. I don’t like trouble because I am very meek and mild and  optimistic person. On upbringing I was raised by my grandmother, Reverend Dr. Wuruola, a pastor, philanthropist, and a Principal of Schools for 27 years. She is a disciplinarian and a hard working woman. She hails from Ondo and currently lives in London. In my early days, I spent most of my time with my grandmother. I also spent most time at the boarding house. Whenever I was out of school on vacation I spent much time with my grandmother wherever she may be. It could either be in Lagos or elsewhere. Churchill Oladuni I went to military schools, Nigerian Navy Primary School in Lagos and did my Secondary School at Apata Memorial Secondary School, Isolo. I completed my senior secondary at Nigerian Navy Secondary School at Abeokuta, Ogun State.When I left secondary school, I had an option to enroll into Nigerian Defence Academy NDA to become a military officer but I eventually changed my mind to study Information Technology. I have always loved Computers since I was a kid and that led to my love and passion for ICT. I researched deeper in the study of computer and developed programmes. Right now I am a Computer Scientist. You have sustained a business that is fast growing.

How did you get started in business
?

I started my business with real estate. It was made possible by my original profession, ICT and now I have a group of companies that spans into agriculture, mining, oil and gas and an NGO called Big Church Foundation. However, real estate and ICT gave me the major career push. My start-up money came more from the real estate business. The agriculture business I run is based on E-Agric. It is an online E-learning platform set up to develop agriculture in the modern era. Besides the E- agriculture, we also have physical farms in Abuja, Ondo, and Akure and we are striving to have it in all the 36 states of Nigeria. That’s how and where the 36million youth empowerment initiative originated. We have a project synergy with Microsoft that is empowering 1000 youths in Nigeria. ICT is taking care of 500 people below 20 years of age. It is for students in primary and secondary, who got registered through our online platform. The criteria for participation are based on online examinations. Results and selection are done online. The essence is to enlighten the students to know more about computer and at the end, we issue certificates based on the performance of the participants. Among these participants, some are given scholarships. The selection is strictly based on an assessed passion for ICT. There are other courses we run and they are all ICT related. We will launch the empowerment scheme September 14, 2017, at the Civic Centre. I also have a school where we pick about 500 students to train on E-Agric platform.

How did Big Church Foundation come to be?

From the beginning, it had been my dream to own an NGO. When I was much younger, I used to look up to people like Bill Gates. People do marvel at them when they give out some percentages out of their income to the needy. People would always say ‘Are these guys serious?’  I was trained by my grandmother, who is a philanthropist. She adopts people from the church, the streets, and various places. She formerly owned an orphanage home called Wuruola Orphanage. You know charity is a thing of the mind. That largely informed my passion for giving.  This is one value my grandmother built me up with. Even when I was about 16 years, I was the big boy among my friends because I was the only one that took them out to have fun. So, at 2,  I was still the big boy among my peers. Nobody gave me money or bought things for me, rather, I give out more to friends around me. I never had a rough start and it was by the grace of God. Everything has been rosy and friends flock around me because of my giving spirit. Turning point It was when I was around 23 years that I had a rethink about how I spend money with friends, going to parties and having non-stop fun. Unfortunately, it is the same friends who dine with you that will turn around to betray you. I weighed the character of good and bad people around me and discovered that the bad people stay longer in a relationship than the good ones. I then decided to channel my money, time and effort on the charity work since my kindness is sometimes used against me. I started my business in Ghana where I had the first feel of real estate business alongside the ICT Company. I built my first duplex and when I raised some money, I constructed other semi duplexes in Ghana. That was how I started making money.  Gradually, I built up a formidable company. For my charity works, from the onset, I made a pledge to God that I will set aside 10 percent of my income from my business for charity works. I never took the promise serious but I was surprised that it worked. For me, it is like setting out a ten-year programme and seeing it materialize in less than two years. Within two years of making the pledge, I built a formidable foundation called the Big Church Foundation. It happened so fast like God’s blessing and from there we expanded. Every million I make, 10 percent of it goes to charity. Out of curiosity, people always ask why I spend too much money on charity, and my answer has been,”that’s the way God wants it”. The truth is that all these philanthropic gestures are what I picked from my grandmother.

Apart from your grandmother are there other people behind your success?

I grew up knowing my grandmother as a Christian and disciplinarian and a cheerful giver.  Another person I always look up to is Bill Gates. His life, beliefs, and ideology inspire me and fortunately, he runs a big foundation which also is in the same line of thinking with my desire to have an NGO. Other people, I admire so much are these entertainers, John Legend and Beyonce. They have good hearts. These are people, who can organise a concert to raise money for the poor and needy in the society. They are doing things that touch life.

What are those values that shaped your life?

My greatest value is my time. Time is precious to me. I value it more than anything else because that is the only thing that can occupy you when anything or everything negative comes your way. For instance, if you are driving on the road, someone decides to block your way probably to waste your time, you then decide to jump out and move on with another car in front. That is what I call time value. Also, time can be used to win targets. When you are aiming for six targets and you got two out of six, you have succeeded unlike investing your time in one thing which you are not sure of even getting at all. So, why don’t you aim with time wisely and consciously?

Big Church Foundation has come a long way no doubt. What achievements can you point at?

Achievement to me or for us at Big Church Foundation is simply defined as giving out to make people happy. That is what see as an achievement. Meantime, we have given out a large number of ambulances, hospital equipment, and other materials to people. We have also visited homes and identified with the vulnerable in the society, gave succor to indigent women, and children. When all these people are happy and smiling, we call it an achievement. Achievement for us is not all about money, so many buildings, industries or even buying flamboyant automobiles. Touching lives positively is embedded in the organisation’s mission. Life is not a bed of roses. There must have been some low moments. Can you share lessons learnt? In life, I don’t regret anything because if something does not happen to you, you will not move on in life. If you are not being disappointed, you are not living. Everything happens for a reason. If this does not happen, maybe it may cut your life short.  That’s my perspective on life. I am just a natural person. If I have a Lamborghini car, that’s what God wants for me. It is not that I am the best but the grace of God made it possible.   However, I am human and that translates to say that despite having a fine start in life, dull moments existed. I understood that those dull periods were meant to take me higher. Passion, discovering dreams What works for me might not be what will work for another person. Real estate or ICT might not work for another person, but there must be something that an individual is interested in that will work for him. It is all about passion, discovering your dreams and pursuing it with all vigour is important.  Forgiveness and charity are also important. You don’t need to have money to do charity. Charity can start with N10, 00. For instance, sweeping and cleaning the chairs in the church in preparation for Sunday service is charity. Doing something positive that can impact peoples’ life is charity.  It doesn’t have to be money because when you change the mood of people that are down emotionally, you are doing charity. On vision My goal is to spread more and be everywhere globally.  Lifeis funny. Even where I am today, I don’t know I will be here.  We are going places. Scandals are either from the people that want to pull you down or destroy you entirely. So, you just have to sit up, know the angle they are coming from and tackle it. It should not stop whatever you are doing in life. You have to get going. If you are not great, the scandal will not come your way.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/true-story-churchill-oladuni/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by IamOpemipo(m): 6:26pm On Aug 09, 2017
See how they stylishly left Tonto outta the story grin grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by Dopeyomi(m): 8:02pm On Aug 09, 2017
To be sincere i didn't read anything in this post!

I just want to dedicate this my first 2nd to comment to my ex-girlfriend that left me not knowing dat I've just gotten a job..

Thank you!

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by NwaAmaikpe: 8:02pm On Aug 09, 2017
shocked

Na wa.
So na this man preek Rosaline Meurer dey suck. undecided

Life is Eazi sha when you are rich!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by cold(m): 8:02pm On Aug 09, 2017
Yes Tonto Dike has her shortcomings. But it is obvious she was used as a pedestal to gain the much needed publicity. Before Tonto, never heard of Churchill

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by Zizicardo(f): 8:02pm On Aug 09, 2017
Good for him
Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by itiswellandwell: 8:04pm On Aug 09, 2017
Big man pikin go always make am. Thank God for you mr churchill.

Check my signature for ongoing promo of our full capacity powerbank.
Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by Princess4ng(f): 8:04pm On Aug 09, 2017
Tonto ex husband.. Ehyah
Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by julietene(f): 8:04pm On Aug 09, 2017
His story....his business

1 Like

Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by AngelicBeing: 8:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
sad
Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by Horbar1: 8:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
What's is the essence of this please ?

2 Likes

Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by kamzy009: 8:07pm On Aug 09, 2017
good for him....
Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by ivolt: 8:07pm On Aug 09, 2017
cold:
Yes Tonto Dike has her shortcomings. But it is obvious she was used as a pedestal to gain the much needed publicity. Before Tonto, never heard of Churchill

Why take panadol for another man's headache ?
Tonto Dike was not forced into that marriage, in fact she was
all over social media dissing single girls.

It may be true that you didn't hear of Churchill before his marriage,
but those he was assisting knew him.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 09, 2017
computer scientist? hmm!
Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by kowema(f): 8:08pm On Aug 09, 2017
No mention of his dad sef. Polygamous OBJ no credit for u

2 Likes

Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 09, 2017
the guy no even mention tonto name throughout the interview

1 Like

Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by LUGBE: 8:10pm On Aug 09, 2017
I wonder how much you are being paid, what is special in this now shocked
Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by FaithZion2(f): 8:10pm On Aug 09, 2017
Waiting concern me�����
Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by just2endowed: 8:11pm On Aug 09, 2017
Nicr
Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 09, 2017
Its easy to detect 'non-sincere' people. So there was a fake him and now this is the real him...

Liars everywhere.. His foundation has got subsidiaries... Interesting!

3 Likes

Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by WORLDPEACE(m): 8:12pm On Aug 09, 2017
cold:
The guy always had his plan.

6 Likes

Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by ModusOperandi(f): 8:14pm On Aug 09, 2017
Dopeyomi:
To be sincere i didn't read anything in this post!

I just want to dedicate this my first 2nd to comment to my ex-girlfriend that left me not knowing dat I've just gotten a job..

Thank you!
you look like you were born five minutes ago and you already have an ex girlfriend , and a job. wow!
Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:14pm On Aug 09, 2017
Hope He's not Kyle (Adekunle) of GHWW. How come no one knows his ICT company?
Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by Oxenomy: 8:15pm On Aug 09, 2017
No concrete source of income.. Obviously a scammer..

10 Likes

Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by Dopeyomi(m): 8:15pm On Aug 09, 2017
ModusOperandi:
wow,

Wawu
Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by Khutie: 8:16pm On Aug 09, 2017
His biological mum nko?

2 Likes

Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by LagosismyHome(f): 8:17pm On Aug 09, 2017
kowema:
No mention of his dad sef. Polygamous OBJ no credit for u

OBJ is not his dad ..... Tonto started that gist but he actually a nephew to Obj not a son

12 Likes

Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by solid3(m): 8:17pm On Aug 09, 2017
We are not interested.
Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by Khutie: 8:17pm On Aug 09, 2017
sgtponzihater1:
Hope He's not Kyle (Adekunle) of GHWW. How come no one knows his ICT company?
...maybe o grin
Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 09, 2017
I met him at the A & C Mall up at the bar behind the Gym which is just by the pool side in East Legon, Accra in the company of Amhed & Nelly - and he was a nobody.

I am not hating on Churchill but he should lie low & enjoy his money quietly.

There's no 1 who doesn't have a dirty past - Gba!

6 Likes

Re: Churchill Olakunle Oladunni: Vanguard Personality Of The Week: My True Story by jchioma: 8:20pm On Aug 09, 2017
So, at 2,  I was still the big boy among my peers. Nobody gave me money or bought things for me, rather, I give out more to friends around me. I never had a rough start and it was by the grace of God. Everything has been rosy and friends flock around me because of my giving spirit. Turning point It was when I was around 23 years that I had a rethink about how I spend money with friends, going to parties and having non-stop fun. Unfortunately, it is the same friends who dine with you that will turn around to betray you. I weighed the character of good and bad people around me and discovered that the bad people stay longer in a relationship than the good ones. I then decided to channel my money, time and effort on the charity work since my kindness is sometimes used against me. I started my business in Ghana where I had the first feel of real estate business alongside the ICT Company. I built my first duplex and when I raised some money, I constructed other semi duplexes in Ghana. That was how I started making money.  Gradually, I built up a formidable company. For my charity works, from the onset, I made a pledge to God that I will set aside 10 percent of my income from my business for charity works. I never took the promise serious but I was surprised that it worked. For me, it is like setting out a ten-year programme and seeing it materialize in less than two years. Within two years of making the pledge, I built a formidable foundation called the Big Church Foundation. It happened so fast like God’s blessing and from there we expanded. Every million I make, 10 percent of it goes to charity.

If my uncle was Obasanjo, a former president, tithe or no tithe, I am made o.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa Or The Little Girl, Who Rocked The Outfit Better? / Rita Dominic Flawless In New Makeup Photo / Slim Brown Performance At Rachael Okonkwo Easter Carnival In Nsukka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.