Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Buhari Protest: Think!!! Pick Your Battles. Let Yorubas Handle This. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Protest: Think!!! Pick Your Battles. Let Yorubas Handle This. (1167 Views)

Deji Adeyanju Arrested While Leading An Anti-buhari Protest In Abuja / Call Your NSA To Order- Niger Delta Stakeholders Tell Buhari,protest In PH(PICS) / Charly Boy Group Resumes Anti-Buhari Protest Over Corruption (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Protest: Think!!! Pick Your Battles. Let Yorubas Handle This. by IkpuMmadu: 10:21pm On Aug 09, 2017
ENA OFUGARA WROTE:

Buhari Protest: THINK!!! PICK YOUR BATTLES. Let Yorubas Handle This.

Can we be smart about this for once? Can we use our heads East and South of the River Niger? Can we just play the fool for once and end up
as actually smart?

Buhari is a product of Northern grievance. I have written endlessly on this. The North feels cheated out of power which has led to Boko haram etc. They also believe their backwardness and destruction of their lands and death of their people is the fault of the south. Their warped thinking blames us. The great PDP was sacrificed on the altar of the Northern angst. Muazu that would have inherited the presidency from GEJ sacrificed his "heritage" just to placate his people. GEJ and Abdulsalam and and the the nation's
power brokers all sat in Aso Rock and made the sacrifice. It is not that they like Buhari or hate GEJ. You saw the welcome of GEJ in Kano.

Today, with all the tension in the land, Yorubas have kept quiet. Now again Igbos are the ones going "live" and rioting to remove Buhari. They are the ones leading "resume or resign". The Northern clerics and their almajiris are seeing this. They have been listening to Radio Biafra, watching Nnamdi Kanu and now Igbos are BEING USED to fight Buhari... fight the North as they see it. Why cannot some people sit and think.

Is Falana dead? Has Tunde Bakare become cripple? Has Wole Soyinka returned his Nobel Laureate award? Is Punch and Tribune and all Yoruba papers out of ink? All the Yoruba voices are silent out of tact and brilliance and intellect. But some people think it is their head that should be used to break coconut for Tinubu and Osinbajo to make coconut "candle" and coconut rice.

If this goes awry and the Northern clerics begin their preaching, like 1966, guess who they will blame for trying to take power from them? The Yorubas that will directly benefit are "kprorring" and folding their hands across their chest and hands gripping their lips together in silence. Other "constitutional voltrons" are risking the safety of our people up North perhaps for peanuts paid surreptitiously to a PROFESSIONAL DEMONSTRATOR from Kogi and or an ambitious Igbo man whose activities will be interpreted as the actions of all Igbos. (I have no problem with ambition. I actually like this chap. But some people aren't thinking)

My point? We have NOTHING TO GAIN from a Buhari return. We have NOTHING TO GAIN FROM A BUHARI RESIGNATION. El Rufai and Tinubu will be the beneficiaries. Everything will remain the same. However, it will be on record that Igbos (interpreted as all of the south not Yoruba) will have inherited hate and anger for taking power from the North and CHEATING THEM OF THEIR TENURE.

It is time for Ohaneze and Igbo senior voices to tell some people to stop risking lives.

LET YORUBAS AND HAUSA-HAUSA FULANI face their Aso Rock "Game of Thrones". For the rest of us, Let us wait for 2019 and see what we can do. Fighting over Buhari resuming or resigning simply shows people have no idea how to PICK THEIR BATTLES.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Protest: Think!!! Pick Your Battles. Let Yorubas Handle This. by babdap: 10:31pm On Aug 09, 2017
I won't give a comment now because our elders are on their way.
Re: Buhari Protest: Think!!! Pick Your Battles. Let Yorubas Handle This. by Cekpo34(m): 6:37am On Aug 10, 2017
babdap:
I won't give a comment now because our elders are on their way.

grin you wetin u be? Eldee?
Re: Buhari Protest: Think!!! Pick Your Battles. Let Yorubas Handle This. by CHIJIOKE1314: 6:43am On Aug 10, 2017
cheesy
Re: Buhari Protest: Think!!! Pick Your Battles. Let Yorubas Handle This. by Sunky200: 6:49am On Aug 10, 2017
When Yaradua fell hill and incapacitated, whose voice were most heard demanding GEJ be installed as the president?

If we want tomorrow to amount to anything, today actions must be rational and logical
Re: Buhari Protest: Think!!! Pick Your Battles. Let Yorubas Handle This. by Brooklynsouth(f): 7:00am On Aug 10, 2017
ss//se should stay off for those idiots in sw to fight their

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Protest: Think!!! Pick Your Battles. Let Yorubas Handle This. by Brooklynsouth(f): 7:00am On Aug 10, 2017
ss//se should stay off for those idiots in sw to fight their battle

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Protest: Think!!! Pick Your Battles. Let Yorubas Handle This. by EmeeNaka: 7:07am On Aug 10, 2017
The major problem of Igbo man is that he doesn't hide anything. If they're angry, you will know.
If they are strong, you will know. If they're weak, you will know. If they're rich, you will know.if they're poor,you will know. Most Igbo men has not mastered the art of ambush in public relation.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Protest: Think!!! Pick Your Battles. Let Yorubas Handle This. by babyfaceafrica: 7:34am On Aug 10, 2017
Nice submission..silence is not cowardice

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Protest: Think!!! Pick Your Battles. Let Yorubas Handle This. by Markfemi: 7:43am On Aug 10, 2017
typical pigbola

during northern declartion and anti ibo song all your leaders were begging yoruba preaching southern unity now for yemis case let yorubas handle this
well when pogom start with ibo we go sit down look its ibo and kanu battle

1 Like

Re: Buhari Protest: Think!!! Pick Your Battles. Let Yorubas Handle This. by 7lives: 8:08am On Aug 10, 2017
EmeeNaka:
The major problem of Igbo man is that he doesn't hide anything. If they're angry, you will know.
If they are strong, you will know. If they're weak, you will know. If they're rich, you will know.if they're poor,you will know. Most Igbo men has not mastered the art of ambush in public relation.

My people said, oruko ta ba ma so omo eni, inu eni l'ongbe, meaaning " my PLANS stays in my mind ".
These people are LEARNERS, the more they look the less they see, the harder they tried the more confused
All their efforts now, though NOBLE has ALREADY been RUBBISHED by their DISPOSITION towards Buhari, before and after the election, and even till date.
And everyone now viewed them as SELFISH, they have no game plan, they are just noisy.
Ariwo ko ni music, these people should just go and learn how THESE games are played.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Protest: Think!!! Pick Your Battles. Let Yorubas Handle This. by MrMaestro: 8:13am On Aug 10, 2017
If you don't do the right thing because see you think it wouldn't benefit your tribe, you'll never get anything done because you will always need another tribe to sign off on things that will help you. At least as long as nigeria exists. So the question is simple. Do you think Buhari has been gone too long? Protest. If not, don't

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Protest: Think!!! Pick Your Battles. Let Yorubas Handle This. by Dereformer(m): 8:19am On Aug 10, 2017
IkpuMmadu:
ENA OFUGARA WROTE:

Buhari Protest: THINK!!! PICK YOUR BATTLES. Let Yorubas Handle This.

Can we be smart about this for once? Can we use our heads East and South of the River Niger? Can we just play the fool for once and end up
as actually smart?

Buhari is a product of Northern grievance. I have written endlessly on this. The North feels cheated out of power which has led to Boko haram etc. They also believe their backwardness and destruction of their lands and death of their people is the fault of the south. Their warped thinking blames us. The great PDP was sacrificed on the altar of the Northern angst. Muazu that would have inherited the presidency from GEJ sacrificed his "heritage" just to placate his people. GEJ and Abdulsalam and and the the nation's
power brokers all sat in Aso Rock and made the sacrifice. It is not that they like Buhari or hate GEJ. You saw the welcome of GEJ in Kano.

Today, with all the tension in the land, Yorubas have kept quiet. Now again Igbos are the ones going "live" and rioting to remove Buhari. They are the ones leading "resume or resign". The Northern clerics and their almajiris are seeing this. They have been listening to Radio Biafra, watching Nnamdi Kanu and now Igbos are BEING USED to fight Buhari... fight the North as they see it. Why cannot some people sit and think.

Is Falana dead? Has Tunde Bakare become cripple? Has Wole Soyinka returned his Nobel Laureate award? Is Punch and Tribune and all Yoruba papers out of ink? All the Yoruba voices are silent out of tact and brilliance and intellect. But some people think it is their head that should be used to break coconut for Tinubu and Osinbajo to make coconut "candle" and coconut rice.

If this goes awry and the Northern clerics begin their preaching, like 1966, guess who they will blame for trying to take power from them? The Yorubas that will directly benefit are "kprorring" and folding their hands across their chest and hands gripping their lips together in silence. Other "constitutional voltrons" are risking the safety of our people up North perhaps for peanuts paid surreptitiously to a PROFESSIONAL DEMONSTRATOR from Kogi and or an ambitious Igbo man whose activities will be interpreted as the actions of all Igbos. (I have no problem with ambition. I actually like this chap. But some people aren't thinking)

My point? We have NOTHING TO GAIN from a Buhari return. We have NOTHING TO GAIN FROM A BUHARI RESIGNATION. El Rufai and Tinubu will be the beneficiaries. Everything will remain the same. However, it will be on record that Igbos (interpreted as all of the south not Yoruba) will have inherited hate and anger for taking power from the North and CHEATING THEM OF THEIR TENURE.

It is time for Ohaneze and Igbo senior voices to tell some people to stop risking lives.

LET YORUBAS AND HAUSA-HAUSA FULANI face their Aso Rock "Game of Thrones". For the rest of us, Let us wait for 2019 and see what we can do. Fighting over Buhari resuming or resigning simply shows people have no idea how to PICK THEIR BATTLES.

A wonderful piece you wrote there.

My Igbo brothers are fools. We dont know anything.

If anybody had told me that Igbos will go beyond Oboloafor in Enugu state to as far as Kano to invest their hard earned money after what happened from 1967 to 1970, I wont believe it.

By October 1, all those investments will be lost. If you think that the Arewa youths are joking, then wait till October 1.

Can you point to any investment owned by the Yoruba or the Hausa/Fulani in the east?

If you are an Igbo son, you must know that our fathers stated clearly that 'ako bu ije' and 'osita dinma odinma'
Re: Buhari Protest: Think!!! Pick Your Battles. Let Yorubas Handle This. by ificatchmodeh: 8:41am On Aug 10, 2017
you make sense.. but igbo's ain't gat love for Bubu..
and they don't pretend.

everyone knows Afonjas even the typical hausa man know afons too well.. that explain Arewa youth ultimatum to them and warning to fayose and co..on buhari.

Arewa knows ibos hate "Buhari' and they've got nothing to benefit or lose.. if buhari comes or not.
they're only worried about KANU and BIAFRA.. when it comes to ibo..

every tribe in nigeria understand each other..

no need for worries Op.

Afons sitting on fence and sealing lips.is what they call sophistication..

is nothing new.. to nigerians.
Re: Buhari Protest: Think!!! Pick Your Battles. Let Yorubas Handle This. by AceRoot(m): 9:02am On Aug 10, 2017
IGBOS BE CAREFUL! - By Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (Ojukwu's Son ) ----------------------------------------
The whole Nigeria is aggrieved,Igbos are tactically getting set up again to lead the pack for expressing the grievances......IGBOS BE CAREFUL!
Only few people remembered that the first Nigeria coup led by Nzeogwu,which is fraudulently tagged "igbo coupe" comprised of young chaps from practically all the regions in Nigeria and was a response to the chaos in the WEST as a result of the aftermath of 1965 elections, the active participants in that chaos later aligned with federal government to churn out deadly policies on you.....IGBOS BE CAREFUL!
If Nigerians are really tired of this non-working structure we have run for almost half a century,they should collectively come together and renegotiate the union, no body should make you the senior prefect of that agitation again. The last time you led and demanded for such restructuring, the whole nation fought against you to keep their "dear Nigeria" the way it is. I can bet they will do it again. I over heard some of your next door neighbours asking, "why are they really protesting".....IGBOS BE CAREFUL!
Under a renegotiated Nigeria,you are the most advantaged, you will have the whole nation as your field to express your ingenuity, you have invested, blood, personal structures, money and spread into the project called Nigeria more than those who JUST "mouth-ically" parrot their love for Nigeria........while you do the the practical of ONE NIGERIA, most others only talk about it .........IGBOS BE CAREFUL.
From United nations, NASA, Microsoft, CNN, Hollywood, Nollywood, Manchester city,ARSENAL,Chelsea, House of lords, house of commons, white house to major hospitals in US and UK and anywhere solution is needed,you have proved that where ever humans are gathered and brain is the requirement,your head can never be bowed. Therefore, you have nothing actually to prove to anyone......IGBOS BE CAREFUL!
The whole nation is groaning under the current structure we run. When the groan has gotten to a boiling point, we all will demand collectively for renegotiation of this abusive relationship we are having in the name of nationhood. Dare not lead this call. The last time you did, other people chose to mend fences and made a scape goat out of you.......IGBOS BE CAREFUL.
The same way your businesses thrive in Saudi Arabia, Indonesia and Chad, under a restructured or fragmented Nigeria, your business can still thrive anywhere.....IGBOS BE CAREFUL!
Your prestigious sons and daughters championed the course of six geo-political zones, championed the course of 13% derivation for the benefit of your neighbours and still champions the course of resource control and fiscal federalism, but I have seen you also struggle so much to explain to both neighbours and outsiders that you are not interested in their resources but rather interested in being allowed to explore your rich human capital and ingenuity without any orchestrated hindrances........IGBOS BE CAREFUL!
I have seen how some igbo sons and daughters struggles to sound patriotic even if it means sounding silly and their kits and kin in neighbouring states begs not to be identified with their igbo roots because it will save them some "special treatment" reserved for igbos---it never does anyways. Don't let another set back happen.....IGBOS BE CAREFUL!
Our major need now is an emergence of a leader figure with the courage of Ojukwu,wisdom of M.I okpara and the sagacity of Chuba okadigbo yet endowed with tamed emotions to steer our pride and productivity into a common force and also lead us into demanding redress for perceived injustice.....IGBOS BE CAREFUL!
I REPEAT, if Nigeria is tired, when Nigeria is tired of running an unprofitable structure, we shall be ready for the way forward; we shall be ready for renegotiation. BUT NEVER AGAIN will your blood be used as a specimen to test how "united" Nigeria can be in fighting her "enemy". Igbos be careful.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Protest: Think!!! Pick Your Battles. Let Yorubas Handle This. by 7lives: 9:48am On Aug 10, 2017
grin cheesy grin grin grin Their hatered for Bubu no go gree dem hear word, as Baba no gree die, they now hide under constitution to yarn opata.
People wey supposed protests are watching with keen interest, is Bubu dead?, NO he is not, yet they keep making reference to Yaradua's case, did GEJ took over the presidency of this country before the death of Yaradua?, noise up and down as if they are the only people in the country.
If Buhari dies and its confirmed that he is dead, everybody will rise up but for now, Charlie and co are on their own.
Abeg make these politicians do make we share this country, I just can't imagine myself sharing a country with those who NEVER see anything Good in others except themselves.
Haba.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Protest: Think!!! Pick Your Battles. Let Yorubas Handle This. by SHAKABOOM: 10:08am On Aug 10, 2017
God bless yu mr op..I don't know why some ibos no dey like use dem brain think..We are meant to be neutral but some mumuz no wan get sense.

(1) (Reply)

South East Has Lowest Bribery Prevalence In Nigeria / Nigeria Would Have Drown, If Not For Buhariā€¯- Governor Ibikunle Amosun Says / Who Knows This Guy Who Died In Accident In Maiduguri Few Hours Ago?(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.