Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,275 members, 7,839,371 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ (1055 Views)

Reps Raise 2020 Budget To N10.6 Trillion From N10.33 Trillion / Tunde Bakare:for Just 3yrs, APC Borrowed N11 Trillion. / Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by Classicjadon(m): 8:08am On Aug 10, 2017
Former president, Goodluck Jonathan, has reacted to report that his administration alongside that of Olusegun Obasanjo and Umaru Musa Yar’Adua wasted money from the power sector.

In a statement signed by Reno Omokri on Thursday, August 10 and shared by the former president on his official Facebook page, Jonathan said while he cannot speak for his predecessors, he can provide his own angle.

In the statement, it was argued that Jonathan could not have wasted such money but instead saved the country more money from the privatisation.

Read the statement below:

My attention has been drawn to the story 'Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan wasted N11tn on electricity –SERAP' published most prominently in The Punch newspapers on August 10, 2017 and less prominently in other papers.

While I cannot speak for others, I can certainly say that as touching former President Goodluck Jonathan, the story is false and is the fruit of the laziness of the researchers who could have taken advantage of the Freedom of Information Act that Dr.

Jonathan signed into law in May, 2011 to get records and data from relevant government ministries, departments and agencies that would have given them a fuller picture instead of the narrow view they have.

Former President Jonathan could not have wasted ₦11 trillion or any other amounts of money for the simple reason that he was the Nigerian President who privatized the Power Sector beginning on August 26, 2010 when he launched the roadmap to power sector reforms and culminating on October 16, 2012 when the winning bids were announced for the sale of power generating and distributing companies.

SERAP may do well to remember that on Monday the 30th of September 2013, at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa, Former President Jonathan successfully handed over the bulk of Nigeria's Power Infrastructure to successful private sector bidders after they had made payments for the assets they acquired. At that event, he said

"I congratulate our new owners who have taken over the engines and cables that are expected to drive not just the electricity industry but also the socio-economic well-being of the nation".

In total, the Power Holding Company of Nigeria was split into six generation and 11 distribution firms, all sold separately, for about $2.5 billion for which the Jonathan administration received much deserved praise. In fact, rather than wasting money, the Jonathan administration generated money for the federation from the sale of these assets which were seen to be transparent and followed global best practices.

Between May 6th 2010 when he was first sworn in as President to May 29, 2015 when he handed over power, the budget for the ministry of power under Dr. Jonathan was not up to ₦400 billion in total for the simple reason that his administration had succeeded in transferring most of Nigeria's power assets, liabilities and personnel from the public sector to the private sector.

As such, it is evidently clear that any allegations that the Jonathan government wasted trillions is not a well thought out allegation at best and is a figment of the imagination of the makers at worse.

I do hope those papers which published this false report against the person of former President Jonathan and the administration that he led will be honorable enough to set the records straight for posterity.

READ: http://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2017/08/i-did-not-waste-n11-trillion-from.html

[img]https://4.bp..com/-pELYRwOnJRQ/WYsDv4dcg-I/AAAAAAAAEY4/fE160igaBag_1eenZCUXpcp3Cov3nmeYwCLcBGAs/s640/gej.jpg[/img]
Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by smartty68(m): 8:09am On Aug 10, 2017
Obviously, no politician has ever accepted that they're responsible for the mess Nigeria is facing today...! Always innocent in the face of crime! Soon OBJ will defend himself as well as Yar'Adua's corpse undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by Jeffrey12(m): 8:10am On Aug 10, 2017
Even deizani did'nt loot the money she was accused of.....

Stealing is not curruption

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by Trafford(m): 8:10am On Aug 10, 2017
He has spoken, predecessors come n defend yourselves

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by hardywaltz(m): 8:10am On Aug 10, 2017
Ineffectual Buffoon

3 Likes

Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by Chuksworld(m): 8:12am On Aug 10, 2017
It is past tense already
Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by MyNewJackeT: 8:12am On Aug 10, 2017
LOL, I Knew Goodluck will come out to defend himself,

Hahahahahahha

This FG will always look for who to blame for their woes.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by smartty68(m): 8:14am On Aug 10, 2017
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by Bolustical: 8:18am On Aug 10, 2017
ok
Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by internationalman(m): 8:37am On Aug 10, 2017
I all d posters above have so much bad stuff to say about GEJ, I wonder what they would say about our foreign based walking dead.
Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by effty(m): 8:39am On Aug 10, 2017
You pure pass this white walker wey dey London.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by Ijaya123: 8:43am On Aug 10, 2017
Of course I agree. It was your subject that looted the money while you were drinking away.

Cluelessness like no other.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by SalamRushdie: 8:48am On Aug 10, 2017
Very crisp clear and concise explanation. Well done GEJ

5 Likes

Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by gberra: 9:14am On Aug 10, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Stupid explanation!... SERAP gave a comprehensive & incontrovertible report. SERAP is never a rumor monger. Facts are sacrosanct.

Shame On Tanoids

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by SalamRushdie: 9:22am On Aug 10, 2017
gberra:
Stupid explanation!... SERAP gave a comprehensive & incontrovertible report. SERAP is never a rumor monger. Facts are sacrosanct.

Shame On Tanoids

We all know it was OBJ that spent 16 billion on power which is roughly more than half of the 11 trillion , Jonathan has cleared his name from the figure because he had no reason to spend that much since he had just privatized fully and the his total power budget was about 400 billion naira ...So please take your accurate SERAP report to Abeokuta and confront OBJ for now Sir

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by Beress(m): 9:27am On Aug 10, 2017
God bless GEJ

APC and their zombies can only try, but they will never succeed

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by Beress(m): 9:31am On Aug 10, 2017
gberra:

Shame On Tanoids

It is fact now because it is not against ur saint ones... If it were to be about Tinubu, Amaechi, Brutai, or Lawal the grass cutter it will be corruption fighting back

Zombie will always be a zombie

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by Adminisher: 9:36am On Aug 10, 2017
He claimed he saved money from privatization. Privatization was OBJ era idea. Jonathan returned part of the money back to them. The buyers of power assets also donated billions in public to PDP campaign, a very very open illegality we watched on NTA and AIT.

This Jonathan will go to PRISON
Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:37am On Aug 10, 2017
GEJ......the humble Don.....!!
Until Buhari comes to enrol in your school of SUCCESS without LIES... only then will he achieve ANYTHING POSITIVE in his entire life.
For now the Country is Chaotic...simple.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by Moreoffaith(m): 9:39am On Aug 10, 2017
cool
Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by gberra: 10:00am On Aug 10, 2017
SalamRushdie:

We all know it was OBJ that spent 16 billion on power which is roughly more than half of the 11 trillion , Jonathan has cleared his name from the figure because he had no reason to spend that much since he had just privatized fully and the his total power budget was about 400 billion naira ...So please take your accurate SERAP report to Abeokuta and confront OBJ for now Sir
Jonathan cleared Nothing. He couldn't account for the billions meant for power before it was privatized in 2013. Jonathan still went ahead to inject billions into power that had just been privatized in less than a month in the name of bail out.

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by EvilMetahuman: 3:41pm On Aug 10, 2017
SalamRushdie:
I used to think you are neutral.

So you are just another gej till 2019 zombie.
Good to know.

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by ivandragon: 3:43pm On Aug 10, 2017
SalamRushdie:

have you noticed how some people become 'mental cases' the moment GEJ's name is associated with positive news?

or when a brick from their tower of lies is removed?

its fascinating how they begin to lose their senses of reason & logic in their bid to hang GEJ.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by SalamRushdie: 5:05pm On Aug 10, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
I used to think you are neutral.

So you are just another gej till 2019 zombies.
Good to know.

I am neutral bro but I must say GEJs explanation makes a lot of sense
Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by hakeem4(m): 5:08pm On Aug 10, 2017
You just didn't use it
Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by Pavarottii(m): 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2017
gberra:

Shame On Tanoids
Complaining about somebody you voted out. Says something about your brain functionalities.
Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by EvilMetahuman: 5:27pm On Aug 10, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I am neutral bro but I must say GEJs explanation makes a lot of sense
sense indeed.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Waste N11 Trillion From Nigeria’s Power Sector - GEJ by afongha: 6:11pm On Aug 10, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Beress:
God bless GEJ

APC and their zombies can only try, but they will never succeed

'Just' 400billion See them, shameless things.

That amount if its to be believed is about 100billion/year, and yet with all his ingenuity, we just about 4500MW when left power.

(1) (Reply)

Video: Biafra Lion Squad From Anambra Head To Kanu’s Home After Military Attack / Biafra Zionists Federation Gives FG 48- Hour Ultimatum To Eject Troops From Sout / Python Dance Only Made Kanu More Popular And Increased Support For Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.