Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,316 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria (14889 Views)

My Fond Memories Of Fela – TV Presenter, Yeni Kuti / Yeni Kuti Shares Cute Photo With Her Grandchild / Lola Omotayo Breaks Silence On "Using Juju To Split P'square's Family" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 10, 2017
What are you smoking madam? You should have also suggested that we appoint ifa or amadioha chief priests as head of the anti-corruption agencies. What is wrong with us? We see how countries in saner climes run their systems yet this is the best we can come up with right? Don't be fooled into thinking that switching from swearing public officers in by the bible/qu'ran to "juju" or some traditional deity will change a thing-BAD NEWS,IT WON'T. Looting will just go on. After all,majority of our people were neither christians nor muslims when they were selling their kinsmen to European and Yankee slavers. They were mainly traditional worshippers back then.

1 Like

Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by pweetiedee(m): 11:57am On Aug 10, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Afonjas are the masters of the following :

1. Touch and follow.
2. Touch and tongue out.
3. Touch and lose your senses
4. Love med
5. Magun
5. Etc

Gbomogbomo normally uses the touch and follow.

Na every tribe get am. Nigerians love juju. Africans love juju.

2 Likes

Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by win2kwire: 11:58am On Aug 10, 2017
another stupid illiterate sub saharan African, when CNN hears this it will be another mockery of stupid africans and how backward they are!

she is a disgrace to education!

1 Like

Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by NothingDoMe: 12:00pm On Aug 10, 2017
pweetiedee:

Na every tribe get am. Nigerians love juju. Africans love juju.
And you? Do you love juju?
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by uzoexcel(m): 12:01pm On Aug 10, 2017
she has a point tbh. these criminals dont fear the bible or the koran anymore...
if government offcials were to swear on ogun, saponna, amadioha before assuming office, the rate of pilfering in public offices ll be reduced.
at least after ogun strikes one or two people down with lightning, people ll start to wake up.

seegi:
[img]https://3.bp..com/-0u5hLNsnPj0/WYvdbrIfJMI/AAAAAAAANGI/dLGckSkYDTIwYUL4IuPVFqsFjt8n5w12wCLcBGAs/s1600/Yeni-Kuti.jpg[/img]

Fela Anikulapo Kuti’s first daughter, Yeni, did take after her dad. told Jimi Disu’ of the Classic FM 97.3 during a radio show that the Federal Government should consider adopting traditional African medicine (also known as ‘juju’) as a tool for fighting corruption, especially in official circles.
In her words:.

“Just as Sophie Oyewole has suggested, let them use it to swear in government officials and we shall see if anybody will continue to steal our money in this country or not. I am sure that if they are made to swear by Ogun or some other fearsome African deity, there will be no more corruption,” she said.

Speaking about her dada, Yeni revealed that Fela appears to her in dreams:

“It’s 20 years since my father died, but it doesn’t seem as if he has been gone for so long. I miss him and I still talk to him in my mind. He and other departed members of my family have also appeared to me in my dreams. I don’t know if it is right to say that they appear to me, but I see them in my dreams. I dream of them a lot.”

A self-confessed ‘free thinker’ with a bias for ATR, Yeni also disclosed that some people had come to her in the past and claimed they had messages from her father. But she never listened to them. “I believe in life after death. Also I believe that if my father has a message for me, he will come directly to me and not go through someone I don’t know or like. If anybody tells me that Fela has sent a message to me through him, I would tell him to ask my dad to appear to me directly himself,” she said.

>>>> https://www.naijamouthed.ng/forum/general/news/13679-we-need-juju-to-fight-corruption-in-the-country-yeni-kuti

1 Like

Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by djbussy(m): 12:01pm On Aug 10, 2017
Sounds funnny but she is right. She opened up a secret every powerful people never say out.

1 Like

Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 10, 2017
Juju doesn't work... it is the same as scam miracles done by Imams and Pastors.
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by Raintaker(m): 12:04pm On Aug 10, 2017
Hello everyone, this is your favourite jumia agent, I will be bringing you daily mouth watering products which you can order through me at a discounted price.
There is also a 60% discount on shipping fee when you order through me.
Leave all your shopping worries to me.
Send a message, place your orders, receive your goods at your doorstep or your preferred pickup station,Simple as 123
Another advantage of ordering through me is that
I can always return d package and your product replaced without any extra cost on your part.

Join my WhatsApp group today and see what fellow jumia shoppers are ordering on Jumia.
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by Bgorgeous: 12:07pm On Aug 10, 2017
You are very right my brother that is the only thing that Nigerians are afraid of now
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 10, 2017
yea yea the same juju used by ritualists. its just like calling for the legalization of drug trade.
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by signz: 12:29pm On Aug 10, 2017
Yeligray:
We don't need juju, we need someone who is brave enough to not just fight but punish looters.. Idi amin of uganda

You mean a messiah?

We've tried it with Buhari and unfortunately, he has failed.
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 10, 2017
actually what 9ja needs is the death penalty on corrupt practices especially on the political level, China / Korea has the same law, see how prosperous those niggas are.

Buh politicians will not pass that law, cause it does not favor them, instead of charlie boy fighting buhari n the government, someone tell him to fight for that law to be passed.

1 Like

Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by holatin(m): 12:32pm On Aug 10, 2017
IBreakRules:
lol baba weyrey. so God na guy now abi
u no know ?
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by Moganajoe: 12:33pm On Aug 10, 2017
Yeligray:
We don't need juju, we need someone who is brave enough to not just fight but punish looters.. Idi amin of uganda

It sound funny, but i absolutely concur to it! All other means to curb corruption so far has failed in this country. Even though we have "Idi Amin" here he will only succed in Aso Rock and some fed.parastatals but not in the national assemblies & the Judiciary which is corruption itself.

2 Likes

Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by iamfromlagos(f): 12:57pm On Aug 10, 2017
EasyWork001:
Na amala solution be this. Soon they will need few skulls to activate it.

She says 'our money' as if it even came from her desolate region. Mtscheww
hate will only ruin you, please take it easy.
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by jamace(m): 1:11pm On Aug 10, 2017
Yes, not Juju per se.
We need to consult the God of our ancestors. Foreign Gods have failed us.
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 1:12pm On Aug 10, 2017
No point for juju. Firing squad would be a better means of fighting corruption.......
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by asksteve(m): 1:18pm On Aug 10, 2017
Madam Yemi, i share ur concern but the problem is dat even the gods are corrupt.
How else will u explain d continuous thriving of evil in d society perpetrated by ppl who consult d gods on a daily basis?
D gods now receive kick backs through their priest who in turn encourage corruption.
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by Thobiy(m): 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2017
Yeligray:
That's it my bro, not until then nigeria is doom
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by Thobiy(m): 1:20pm On Aug 10, 2017
Yeligray:
That's it my bro, not until then Nigeria is doom
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by jrusky(m): 1:22pm On Aug 10, 2017
Oh Lord why yGod that all Fela kids are just pure nuisance and a real born stupid kids God why? So the havoc unleashed by Juju believing criminals s not enough and as educated you are its that same Juju most people who looted us to this point serve you now want us to go and be using to fight them, can devil fight devil?

Is it a Senator that was caught bathing with human blood at wee hour of night you will fight with Juju whereas himself is Juju real satan or is those in power that 95% of them are in one Occult or the other you want to fight with Juju? Is this lady brain networking receiving signal at all?

The grand Patron of all Cults and Fraternities is who if I may ask this fool? Devil of course and you want to use his weapon to fight him is that possible? I'm really sorry for the fiancee or husband of this lady because I'm very sure she will be herbalist or witch if not how could she say this embarrassing thing as f she does not know our politician are devil already and in which nation has she heard such barbaric way of tackling crime?

Please which govt will do such is it this apc with Amaechi, Okorocha, Tnubu, Dogara, Saraki and all the decamped governors that killed Nigeria by looting it to dryness you are talking about? Madam Juju if you don't have anything to say you better sshhrraappp!
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by IMASTEX: 1:39pm On Aug 10, 2017
Take corruption away from Nigeria economy and Nigeria economy will crash
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by Pinkfeet: 1:52pm On Aug 10, 2017
JUJU cheesy grin grin
nobody will contest again
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by Yeligray(m): 1:59pm On Aug 10, 2017
signz:

You mean a messiah?

We've tried it with Buhari and unfortunately, he has failed.
some times i think it would have been better if we where ruled by a dictator, i know it is not right but all this nonsense would have stopped.
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by Sagay212: 1:59pm On Aug 10, 2017
The useless politicians won't agree. They know they won't last 1 week before thunder fire all of them. And to those ipods yapping trash, maybe you pigs should tell us what religion your fore fathers were practising before the white men came with Christianity or Judaism( as some of una wey get mental case don dey claim jew). Instead of you to support that your politicians go back to the original tradition of using juju so that they can be honest enough to deliver to you the dividends of democracy so you don't have to be running around shouting biafrua.d like headless chickens.
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by IBreakRules: 2:18pm On Aug 10, 2017
holatin:
u no know ?
na from u I just dey hear now. I hail
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by holyword: 3:00pm On Aug 10, 2017
Somebody needs deliverance from his/her father's idols than to extend the bondage to freeborns. One thing about juju is that it bites even the owner when time comes,just like dogs.
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by pokipoki: 3:38pm On Aug 10, 2017
Hahahaha. So stupid!!! Major countries that practice vodoo such as Haiti, Benin Republic, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Brazil, Ghana are still backward. We we need is quality education so that people can reason very well.
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 10, 2017
iamfromlagos:

hate will only ruin you, please take it easy.

Truth not hate.

Name one thing her region contributes to the GDP.

Anyway, they can accommodate if nothing else. Accomodators
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by iamfromlagos(f): 5:10pm On Aug 10, 2017
EasyWork001:

Truth not hate.
Name one thing her region contributes to the GDP.
Anyway, they can accommodate if nothing else. Accomodators
truth indeed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Exactly Is Obi Cubana? A Look Into The Business Empire Of Obi Cubana / Naira Marley Announces New Album "God's Time Is The Best" / NONHLE THEMA, the BEAUTY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.