Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To (20015 Views)

Diary Of A Boredom-inspired Photographer / See What A Professional Photographer Did To This Family's Pictures / Nigerian Photographer Tonydoo Photoshops Himself With Rihanna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by AAinEqGuinea: 1:52pm On Aug 10, 2017
The mobile phone photographers

One other annoying thing every Nigerian Photographer can relate with easily is those folks I call “phone photographers”. These people are super annoying and believe me, they will make you lose important wedding shots one day. These are people trying to photograph the event with their mobile phones and tabs, living no room for the hired photographer(s) to do his thing. They will constantly get in the way of your shoots and most of the time, cover the subject you are trying to photograph(wedding photographers can relate). If you are using a telephoto lens then it’s gonna get really worst.

cool i see this many times.

Phones' camera are refreshed and upgraded each release cycle.

DSLRs will have to keep swatting these tetse flies called camera phones. cool
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by xcommando(m): 1:56pm On Aug 10, 2017
Op u really nailed it, some customers can be very annoying. Was snapping one female Corper, forming slay queen, I snapped her five short, she kept complaining that she did not like them I should re-snap, while others were there waiting for me, I just walked out of her. After like five short you can't pick one, and others were waiting for me to snap them

That of children no get part two, my friend stop snapping children's birthday. He will just look for way to dodge the job

Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by AuroraB(f): 2:02pm On Aug 10, 2017
Thobiy:
How that one take possible?
How much do you think an average photographer makes in a day to be able to pay rent for a shop
Obi Nwokedi isn't one of such oooooo grin
When last did you go to a photo studio for a snap
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by Thobiy(m): 2:12pm On Aug 10, 2017
AuroraB:
How much do you think an average photographer makes in a day to be able to pay rent for a shop
Obi Nwokedi isn't one of such oooooo grin
When last did you go to a photo studio for a snap
Well you can't compare the one taking with phones and digital camera. BTW some people prefer hard copy of photograph to the soft copy
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 10, 2017
maxdosh:

Bro omo that first one is so true. Very very annoying. I deal with them by offering my camera to them and ask them Would u like to shoot instead? angry

Don't mind them. Na over sabi go kill them one day.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 10, 2017
sticalmary:
Lol.
Some will even say, is it not just to snap. Why are you charging this much?
You the mind them.Some professional cameras cost like 1 million + and some customers will be the screaming when you charge them.
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 10, 2017
uzoclinton:
I'm planning to venture into photography
Very simple. Visit www.fototech.com.ng and start consuming every article you see there.
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 10, 2017
AAinEqGuinea:

cool i see this many times.

Phones' camera are refreshed and upgraded each release cycle.

DSLRs will have to keep swatting these tetse flies called camera phones. cool

Trust me, DSLRs will keep doing that.
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 10, 2017
xcommando:
Op u really nailed it, some customers can be very annoying. Was snapping one female Corper, forming slay queen, I snapped her five short, she kept complaining that she did not like them I should re-snap, while others were there waiting for me, I just walked out of her. After like five short you can't pick one, and others were waiting for me to snap them

That of children no get part two, my friend stop snapping children's birthday. He will just look for way to dodge the job
Heheheh, children can wahala photographers no be small. You will now be chasing them up and down with camera just to get that one perfect shot

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by FOLLEY20(m): 3:21pm On Aug 10, 2017
richidinho:
the photographer that snapped this must be a legend.

hahahaha
Imagine the kind of wahala photographer use to encounter! No be small.... Biko o.
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by JustMakeMoney(m): 3:25pm On Aug 10, 2017
no be one tell me y I charged her that much........after snapping her kids birthday for 4hrs now ended up selecting only 8copies that only to upload on Facebook............. I told her N30,000 she dey complain.........n she is driving latest range rover.
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by maxdosh(m): 3:31pm On Aug 10, 2017
kittykollinxx:
photography job is gradually going into extinction

That is the one of N200 per copy. If you are referring to a full photoshoot. Its still a booming business. This is one i took of recent

Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by davymike(m): 3:38pm On Aug 10, 2017
Omagzee:

http://www.fototech.com.ng/annoying-things-every-nigeria-photographers-can-relate-witht/
You really messed up when you added "Phone photographers." Phone photography is really cool when you don't have enough money to buy a good camera. I'm a phone photo,I can send you my pictures on WhatsApp and I'm very sure that one or two of my shots are better than yours.
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 10, 2017
davymike:

You really messed up when you added "Phone photographers." Phone photography is really cool when you don't have enough money to buy a good camera. I'm a phone photo,I can send you my pictures on WhatsApp and I'm very sure that one or two of my shots are better than yours.
You really missed the point here bro. I am not against phone photographers at all. I am all out for the way they get in between shots of the actual photographer. Your phone's camera has a limited zoom range and you will need to get really close to the subject in order to get that shot. Do you know you will end up blocking the hired photographer, especially if he is using a zoom lens? What do you have to say about all those rude guest who won't let the photographer do his thing because they keep blocking the hired photographer? IYou really did miss the point. You cannot compare photos shot with a lousy phone camera and one shot with an APS-C sized CMOS sensor DSLR camera with the cheapest kit lens, so don't even go there.
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 10, 2017
maxdosh:

That is the one of N200 per copy. If you are referring to a full photoshoot. Its still a booming business. This is one i took of recent
Tell them, they won't understand. Some studios charge based on time e.g. 2k for 30 minutes. And the usual N200 per copy deal is still flourishing. People here will be comparing noisy phone cameras with DSLR as if they be mate.
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 10, 2017
JustMakeMoney:
no be one tell me y I charged her that much........after snapping her kids birthday for 4hrs now ended up selecting only 8copies that only to upload on Facebook............. I told her N30,000 she dey complain.........n she is driving latest range rover.

That's just it.
If you charge customers based on the number of copies taken, then be prepared because hunger go kill you.
You will spend good time photographing an occasion and at the end of the day, they will just select 9copies.
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by davymike(m): 5:58pm On Aug 10, 2017
Omagzee:

You really missed the point here bro. I am not against phone photographers at all. I am all out for the way they get in between shots of the actual photographer. Your phone's camera has a limited zoom range and you will need to get really close to the subject in order to get that shot. Do you know you will end up blocking the hired photographer, especially if he is using a zoom lens? What do you have to say about all those rude guest who won't let the photographer do his thing because they keep blocking the hired photographer? IYou really did miss the point. You cannot compare photos shot with a lousy phone camera and one shot with an APS-C sized CMOS sensor DSLR camera with the cheapest kit lens, so don't even go there.
I understand you. But for the comparison part,okay let's try it. Share a pic here let me share mine. If you capture flowers send one.
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 10, 2017
davymike:

I understand you. But for the comparison part,okay let's try it. Share a pic here let me share mine. If you capture flowers send one.
I don't capture flowers. It's not right to share the photos of my clients here. But I will post this one which I took with my kit lens. I purposely used kit lens to buttress my point.

Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by davymike(m): 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2017
Omagzee:

I don't capture flowers. It's not right to share the photos of my clients here. But I will post this one which I took with my kit lens. I purposely used kit lens to buttress my point.
Okay.

Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by davymike(m): 6:30pm On Aug 10, 2017
Omagzee:

Or...

1 Share

Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2017
davymike:

Okay.
Take a portrait photo. We can't compare macro photography with portraiture. If you shot the photo with a mobile phone, then you really know what you are doing. It's nice.
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 10, 2017
davymike:

Or...
Tis photo was retouched, mine was not; just straight out of the camera. But any photographer will know mine beats yours hands down. Look at the nice bokeh and how I lifted my subject from the background(something mobile phones can't do). See the great details and brilliant colors I managed to produce with my cheap kit lens.
More from my kit lens

Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by mosexcellency(f): 7:14pm On Aug 10, 2017
Lol
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by tintingz(m): 7:27pm On Aug 10, 2017
xcommando:

Lol true. grin
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by tintingz(m): 7:34pm On Aug 10, 2017
davymike:

Phone photography? That's unprofessional.

Using phone for photo shot can't give you the best effect, you will have to do the retouching and at the end it might not give you good resolution. I have seen your photos, you manipulate those pictures. For a digital camera like canon or nikon, you don't even need retouching sometimes.
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by davymike(m): 7:39pm On Aug 10, 2017
Omagzee:

Tis photo was retouched, mine was not; just straight out of the camera. But any photographer will know mine beats yours hands down. Look at the nice bokeh and how I lifted my subject from the background(something mobile phones can't do). See the great details and brilliant colors I managed to produce with my cheap kit lens.
More from my kit lens
Oga,you try. If we can't get cameras now, we can use phones. Good phones can give us almost same effect as cameras. I rest my case here. More success with your camera!
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by davymike(m): 7:40pm On Aug 10, 2017
tintingz:
Phone photography? That's unprofessional.

Using phone for photo shot can't give you the best effect, you will have to do the retouching and at the end it might not give you good resolution. I have seen your photos, you manipulate those pictures. For a digital camera like canon or nikon, you don't even need retouching sometimes.
Who say phone photography is "unprofessional"? You don't know how many people make money out of that,I'm a witness. Bro maybe you've not seen good pictures taken with phones. Even people that use cameras edit too!
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by davymike(m): 7:43pm On Aug 10, 2017
Omagzee:

Take a portrait photo. We can't compare macro photography with portraiture. If you shot the photo with a mobile phone, then you really know what you are doing. It's nice.
Okay,nice words. Thanks.
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 10, 2017
davymike:

Oga,you try. If we can't get cameras now, we can use phones. Good phones can give us almost same effect as cameras. I rest my case here. More success with your camera!
Hahahhahhahah babba don vex o. U are doing a great job already,trust me. Framing and composition won't be an issue when you finally get a camera. Keep it up
Do check out my photo blog www.fototech.com.ng
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by kuuljay(m): 7:45pm On Aug 10, 2017
One annoying thing about Nigerian professionals is that they feel they know it all,..." You want teach me my work"? Though it could be annoying when amatures try to tell you what to do but...I tell you when I was a video operator I learnt some crazy tricks from some random guys that I will never forget,thought me a lesson to always listen to peoples suggestions when they try to interject and kindly refuse them when I know better... Unfortunately I've tried on few occasions to teach some persons some skills when I see them goofing but as usual they will look at me and be like " you want teach me my job"
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by davymike(m): 7:52pm On Aug 10, 2017
Omagzee:

No manipulations whatsoever.

Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by davymike(m): 7:53pm On Aug 10, 2017
davymike:

No manipulations whatsoever.
I sent more pictures but only this own showed,it's not even the main one. Well,thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will A U.S. Plasma HDTV Work In Nigeria? / 3D Amazing Art-works / Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.