Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Mother Beats Her First Born Son In A Hotly Contested Parliamentary Race - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mother Beats Her First Born Son In A Hotly Contested Parliamentary Race (404 Views)

Boris Johnson Wins Parliamentary Majority In UK Snap Election / Mother Beats Son In Kenyan Parliamentary Election (pics) / 23-Year-Old John Paul Mwirigi Wins Parliamentary Seat In Kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mother Beats Her First Born Son In A Hotly Contested Parliamentary Race by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 10, 2017
Author: Javan Samora

Kenya.

Beatrice Kones, the widow of late cabinet minister Kipkalya Kones, has defeated her son Kipngetich Kones, in the race of Bomet East parliamentary seat - Her son was fourth in the hotly contested race - Kones of Jubilee earned another term in Parliament after beating eight opponents Beatrice Kones, the widow of late cabinet minister Kipkalya Kones,has defeated her son and seven other contestants to win the Bomet East parliamentary seat. Kipng’etich Kalya, who was vying under Bomet Governor Isaac Ruto’s Chama Cha Mashinani,lost the hotly contested race to his mother who is was a Jubilee candidate.

[img]http://i.onthe.io/0fgjhs4f64ofmh3l9.b3f37006.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.on
the.io/0fgjhs4kqn535ijv2.36fe7ba1.jpg[/img]

Kones garnered 22,796 votes against her son’s 2,410 while the the incumbent MP, Benard Bett, came in second with 12,042 votes.

Amos Rotich was third with 4,160. The race was seen differently in various parts of Bomet with some using it as an example of a dysfunctional family and others a show of democracy. “This should be a big lesson to Kalya and other young people. You can never rise against your parent, especially your mother, and expect to succeed,” Hezron Tangus, a Bomet East resident said. “When my mother speaks, I go down on my knees.”

Kipngetich, the eldest son of the late cabinet minister is said to have been asked relinquish his bid in favour of his mother but refused. Kones argued that in 2013, he respected her decision to gun for the seat on condition that she would support his bid this year. “We were shocked when she insisted on contesting the seat despite having lost in 2013,” he said.

https://www.tuko.co.ke/249028-mother-beats-born-son-a-hotly-contested-mp-race.html

Re: Mother Beats Her First Born Son In A Hotly Contested Parliamentary Race by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 10, 2017
can this happen in Nigeria Dirty laundry go full paper...mama vs son banter
Re: Mother Beats Her First Born Son In A Hotly Contested Parliamentary Race by Neminc: 10:54am On Aug 10, 2017
kallmemrB:
can this happen in Nigeria Dirty laundry go full paper...mama vs son banter

It actually happened in Anambra state in 2007. The then deputy governor Dame Virgy Etiaba(APGA) contested against her own son Emeka Etiaba(PPA) for the governorship seat but they were both beaten by Andy Ubah of PDP. The mother finished 2nd while the son came 4th

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

American President In Home Alone 2 / Trump Says He May Deal With Venezuela Militarily / Catalan Separatists Call Supporters Onto Streets For 'peaceful' Referendum Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.