Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Report: One Million Fewer People On Food Stamp Under President Trump - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Report: One Million Fewer People On Food Stamp Under President Trump (483 Views)

President Trump Finally Wears A Face-Mask In Public For The First Time / Here's How Much Debt The US Government Added Under President Obama / U.S. Military Helicopter Crashes In Iraq On Thursday,  Killing 7 People On Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Report: One Million Fewer People On Food Stamp Under President Trump by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:12am On Aug 11, 2017
More Than 1.1 Million Fewer Americans on Food Stamps Under Trump
by KATHERINE RODRIGUEZ7 Aug 2017

More than 1.1 million Americans dropped off the food stamp rolls since President Trump took office in January 2017, according to the latest U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) statistics on food stamp enrollment.

Participation in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) dropped to 41,496,255 in May 2017, the most recent data available from the USDA, from 42,691,363 in January 2017 when Trump took office.

According to the latest data, SNAP enrollment during the first few months of Trump's presidency decreased by 2.79 percent.

Food stamp participation on average in 2017 has dropped to its lowest level since 2010, and the latest numbers show that this trend is continuing.

Trump proposed cuts to SNAP in his 2018 budget proposal, suggesting that states match up to 20 percent of federal money allotted for the food stamp programme and expand work requirements for able-bodied adults receiving food stamps.

Trump's crackdown on illegal immigration has also prompted many immigrants, both legal and illegal, to cancel their food stamps over concerns that they might be denied citizenship or deported.

Federal lawmakers are also working on legislation that would seek to expand food stamp work requirements and put time limits on how long those enrolled in the food stamp programme can receive benefits.

At the state level, food stamp enrollment dropped significantly in places such as Georgia and Alabama once they instituted work requirements for able-bodied adults to receive food stamps. Both states fully implemented work requirements for food stamp recipients in 2016-2017.

http://www.hannity.com/content/2017-08-08-report-one-million-fewer-people-on-food-stamps-under-president-trump/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Report: One Million Fewer People On Food Stamp Under President Trump by chuks013: 12:55am On Aug 11, 2017
Mr Trump.....e ku se

1 Like

Re: Report: One Million Fewer People On Food Stamp Under President Trump by SalamRushdie: 3:35pm On Aug 11, 2017
Trump is the best so far

1 Like

Re: Report: One Million Fewer People On Food Stamp Under President Trump by Lucasbalo(m): 6:16am On Aug 12, 2017
You are still gobbling up all the right wing hate junks that you are being fed. Sean Hannity is a right wing bigot like trump who doesn't give a fvck about people that looks like you. I know of what i said. If you live in US, your perspective about the bigoted, misogynistic scam artist will be different.
SalamRushdie:
Trump is the best so far
Re: Report: One Million Fewer People On Food Stamp Under President Trump by SalamRushdie: 6:27am On Aug 12, 2017
Lucasbalo:
You are still gobbling up all the right wing hate junks that you are being fed. Sean Hannity is a right wing bigot like trump who doesn't give a fvck about people that looks like you. I know of what i said. If you live in US, your perspective about the bigoted, misogynistic scam artist will be different.

Hey Lucasbalo..Morning Sir ..Been a while ..how's the family .
Re: Report: One Million Fewer People On Food Stamp Under President Trump by Lucasbalo(m): 6:32am On Aug 12, 2017
Fine Buddy, how are you and your family doing ?. Your trump wants to get us in a nuclear quagmire that the world doesn't need. It's been 71 years that President Truman nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki and 700.000 lost their life. The nuclear armaments now is several thousands more potent than the ones of the 40s. Diplomacy is what the world needs not saber rattling between two crazy leaders with bad hair. Plus, the clueless trump is talking about attacking Venezuela. This trump is our worst nightmare and hopefully, Director Mueller will hurry up to end our national nightmare.
SalamRushdie:

Hey Lucasbalo..Morning Sir ..Been a while ..how's the family .
Re: Report: One Million Fewer People On Food Stamp Under President Trump by SalamRushdie: 7:57am On Aug 12, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Fine Buddy, how are you and your family doing ?. Your trump wants to get us in a nuclear quagmire that the world doesn't need. It's been 71 years that President Truman nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki and 700.000 lost their life. The nuclear armaments now is several thousands more potent than the ones of the 40s. Diplomacy is what the world needs not saber rattling between two crazy leaders with bad hair. Plus, the clueless trump is talking about attacking Venezuela. This trump is our worst nightmare and hopefully, Director Mueller will hurry up to end our national nightmare.

Don't worry , there won't be a nuclear war but it's about time somebody puts north Korea in the little corner they belong ..No sane president will sit down and watch some crazy kid threaten his people with nuclear strikes ...Are you calling on director Mueller to assassinate Trump? shocked .that's never going to happen because Trump is clearly going to be a two term president especially with the awesome economic results he is posting daily
Re: Report: One Million Fewer People On Food Stamp Under President Trump by cstr1000: 8:03am On Aug 12, 2017
Has he provided Jobs for them?
I hope he is not just kicking them to the curbs to provide enough money for tax cuts for his rich billionaire friends.
Re: Report: One Million Fewer People On Food Stamp Under President Trump by Lucasbalo(m): 12:28pm On Aug 12, 2017
What economic result my buddy. Tell me one significant bill that was passed by the Senate and the House to improve the US economy ?. What I see on nairaland is a lot of ignorance about people who don't know how things work in US and they just love worshipping a demagogic bigot. If trump thinks less of Obama because of his color, guess what he will think of people like you in Africa ?. I don't want him assasinated by anyone. I meant Director Mueller should hurry uo on his investigation and the clueless 71 year old demented fooool should go away from our national conscience.
SalamRushdie:

Don't worry , there won't be a nuclear war but it's about time somebody puts north Korea in the little corner they belong ..No sane president will sit down and watch some crazy kid threaten his people with nuclear strikes ...Are you calling on director Mueller to assassinate Trump? shocked .that's never going to happen because Trump is clearly going to be a two term president especially with the awesome economic results he is posting daily
Re: Report: One Million Fewer People On Food Stamp Under President Trump by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:33pm On Aug 12, 2017
cstr1000:

Has he provided Jobs for them?
I hope he is not just kicking them to the curbs to provide enough money for tax cuts for his rich billionaire friends.

Check out what President Trump achieved in the first 6 months of taking office in the thread below.

https://www.nairaland.com/3940094/fact-president-trump-made-us

(1) (Reply)

Saudi Game Of Thrones: Salman To Consfiscate $30bn From Arrested Royal Members / The American Hypocrisy On White Terrorism / How President Zuma Failed To Instal His Ex-wife As ANC Leader.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.