Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi (40761 Views)

Why Edo Governor Obaseki Slept At UN Conference – Official / More Humiliation Like Dino Melaye To Occur, If We Don't Voice Out- Aroms Aigbehi / 9 Ways Nigerian Pastors And Politicians Brainwash Nigerians - Aroms Aigbehi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by sosasatire(m): 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2017
All i could read from your write up is envy and hate because the Governor did not give you the contract. If you are really a farmer you would no that the Maize farm is doing well, how many leaves dud the insect infest? You are just a busy body man

2 Likes

Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by JaaizTech: 6:22pm On Aug 11, 2017
sosasatire:
All i could read from your write up is envy and hate because the Governor did not give you the contract. If you are really a farmer you would no that the Maize farm is doing well, how many leaves dud the insect infest? You are just a busy body man
GBAM, the OP is making a far reaching judgement based on less than 10 leaves He saw on a photo for a 450hectares farm!. That's obviously beef and insincerity .

1 Like

Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by loomer: 6:26pm On Aug 11, 2017
2billion naira on maize farm, sometimes I dey wonder how all these leaders dey reason
Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by ionsman: 6:27pm On Aug 11, 2017
Lmao...If I didn't know about this whole ish,I would have swallowed this balderdash.

The farms are at Sobe,Iguobazua and Ekpoma.The agreement was that the Edo state government will prepare the lands(bulldozing), then saro agrosciences will take care of the rest which are;ploughing &harrowing,planting(and all it involves),harvesting. The state government is meant to provide the dryers(don't know what that's meant for).Now,the land that was bulldozed(Sobe) is more than 450 hectares.Lets even assume it's 450,the contracts were given out at rate of 190,000 per hectare(do the arithmetics).

The farm at Ekpoma is still being bulldozed(that's situated at Emuado).That one will be used for rice. In retrospect,I wonder why people just come up with fictitious figures.I know this whole project like the back of my palm,so counter me if you have facts. Shuo!!!

P.S: The contractors who ploughed,harrowed,planted,fertilized were from the north except one.All these costs were bore by Saro Agrosciences.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by sandland: 6:44pm On Aug 11, 2017
Op. This pic does not show that the money is wasted. Jo

1 Like

Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 7:03pm On Aug 11, 2017
FunkyAlhaji2015:
Please stop criticising for criticism sake. If the writer was familiar with maize cultivation, he/she would known that what is seen there is a wonderful maize farm. The total greenness of the farm shows you that the harvest will be bumper.
For those who are not agriculturists among us. At that stage of growth of the farm Governor Obaseki was visiting, A healthy maize field will cover him up completely. If your shoulder is visible inside the farm at the flowering stage then the farm is not well cultivated and therefore will not give you the required result.

Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 7:06pm On Aug 11, 2017
For those who are not agriculturists among us. At that stage of growth of the farm Governor Obaseki was visiting, A healthy maize field will cover him up completely. If your shoulder is visible inside the farm at the flowering stage then the farm is not well cultivated and therefore will not give you the required result.

Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 7:08pm On Aug 11, 2017
ionsman:
Lmao...If I didn't know about this whole ish,I would have swallowed this balderdash.

The farms are at Sobe,Iguobazua and Ekpoma.The agreement was that the Edo state government will prepare the lands(bulldozing), then saro agrosciences will take care of the rest which are;ploughing &harrowing,planting(and all it involves),harvesting. The state government is meant to provide the dryers(don't know what that's meant for).Now,the land that was bulldozed(Sobe) is more than 450 hectares.Lets even assume it's 450,the contracts were given out at rate of 190,000 per hectare(do the arithmetics).

The farm at Ekpoma is still being bulldozed(that's situated at Emuado).That one will be used for rice. In retrospect,I wonder why people just come up with fictitious figures.I know this whole project like the back of my palm,so counter me if you have facts. Shuo!!!

P.S: The contractors who ploughed,harrowed,planted,fertilized were from the north except one.All these costs were bore by Saro Agrosciences.

1 Like

Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by Almaheed: 7:29pm On Aug 11, 2017
FunkyAlhaji2015:
Please stop criticising for criticism sake. If the writer was familiar with maize cultivation, he/she would known that what is seen there is a wonderful maize farm. The total greenness of the farm shows you that the harvest will be bumper.

you don't have to wait till harvest until you know your crops won't yield well, you could see from the post the OP states that the farm was I'll managed, these involves so many factors not just the green leaves you see. and mind you there is an epidemic on maize plant in Nigeria which is the African armyworm which as affected 22 states of the federation.

I believe an investment like this should cover every kind of risk that could affect the crops. it just how our government play lips service to agric, they don't manage them well
Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 7:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
Almaheed:

you don't have to wait till harvest until you know your crops won't yield well, you could see from the post the OP states that the farm was I'll managed, these involves so many factors not just the green leaves you see. and mind you there is an epidemic on maize plant in Nigeria which is the African armyworm which as affected 22 states of the federation.

I believe an investment like this should cover every kind of risk that could affect the crops. it just how our government play lips service to agric, they don't manage them well
Thank you

1 Like

Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by 3rdavefarms(m): 10:01pm On Aug 11, 2017
Soldier worms at work
Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by martha89: 10:02pm On Aug 11, 2017
ionsman:

When will they start the rice farming in Ekpoma?
Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by enomakos(m): 10:27pm On Aug 11, 2017
BroZuma:
grin grin grin grin

2billion will not save your farm from pests except you are using a greenhouse.
greenhouse to cultivated maize?
Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by DeRay98(m): 10:34pm On Aug 11, 2017
After supreme court defeat, you don start to find another way to pull the govt down.
Yeye people,sour losers. angry

1 Like

Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by enomakos(m): 10:35pm On Aug 11, 2017
agbonkamen:
But this my Governor fine shal..... grin
amenawon?
Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 10:41pm On Aug 11, 2017
fine man. lol
Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by Solozzo(m): 2:55am On Aug 12, 2017
Icon79:
The govt should not be involved in such ventures in the first place. Make the money available to farmers in form of loans. They would take the loans, invest, and then repay the govt. And if they fail to repay then you hold them accountable.

The governments in Nigeria tend to dabble into everything. It affords them opportunity to steal money.

Absolutely right

O pari
Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 7:26am On Aug 12, 2017
[quote author=Solozzo post=59389502][/quote] you are right.
Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by 400billionman: 10:47am On Aug 12, 2017
ekems2017:
2 billion for corn that everyone is planting in their backyard.

Nah naija we dey...
Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by prettyboi1(m): 11:07am On Aug 12, 2017
handsomeclouds:
APshit
You're such a dunce tho. What has political party got to do with this?

1 Like

Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by Smartademu(m): 11:39am On Aug 12, 2017
I hope u mean 2m not 2b, b/c with 2b u can cultivate the whole of the state with maize.
Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by ionsman: 1:10pm On Sep 05, 2017
martha89:
When will they start the rice farming in Ekpoma?

Heard he's thinking of a dam(for irrigation) for the Ekpoma farm...That's probably what's delaying the start-up.
Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by martha89: 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2017
ionsman:

Heard he's thinking of a dam(for irrigation) for the Ekpoma farm...That's probably what's delaying the start-up.
Thanks bro.I am happy the project is still on. Auchi fertilizer Company was recently commissioned, any hope for the cassava factory at Uromi?
Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by ionsman: 5:52pm On Sep 19, 2017
martha89:
Thanks bro.I am happy the project is still on. Auchi fertilizer Company was recently commissioned, any hope for the cassava factory at Uromi?

Don't have an idea about that.The man keeps things close to his chest. For the maize at the Sobe farms,they're already being harvested.They're being taken to Owo,Saro has a storehouse there.

Off topic: Fashola was in Edo yesterday to see the Benin-Ekpoma-Auchi road. Contractors should be mobilized soon.

1 Like

Re: How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi by martha89: 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2017
ionsman:

Don't have an idea about that.The man keeps things close to his chest.

Off topic: Fashola was in Edo yesterday to see the Benin-Ekpoma-Auchi road. Contractors should be mobilized soon.
Thanks for the information.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Facts You Should Know About The Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Naij.com / EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Dike Chidiebere Who Is On FBI Wanted-List In Enugu / Who Are These Obidients? They Are EVERYWHERE — Femi Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.