Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,444 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Traditional Chieftaincy Titles: Do We Need Them? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional Chieftaincy Titles: Do We Need Them? (1750 Views)

The Benefits And Possible Consequences Of Taking Chieftaincy Title / Igbo Chieftaincy Titles / Christians And Traditional Chieftaincy Titles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditional Chieftaincy Titles: Do We Need Them? by deluxecad(m): 10:22pm On Feb 14, 2010
Of what good use and relevance are they? Do you have them in your communities? Is the conferment of traditional titles the best way to recognize or appreciate people that have contributed to community development or people that have attained certain level of personal achievement? Is it a licence to oppress the common(untitled) people in the community? Do we really need them in this age?
Re: Traditional Chieftaincy Titles: Do We Need Them? by ChinenyeN(m): 12:10am On Feb 15, 2010
If we still lived in times when titles were not bought, but earned, then I would see relevance in them. Nowadays though, that people buy titles, I don't see their relevancy.
Re: Traditional Chieftaincy Titles: Do We Need Them? by deluxecad(m): 10:24am On Feb 15, 2010
So people buy titles? Is it worth it?
Re: Traditional Chieftaincy Titles: Do We Need Them? by ChinenyeN(m): 3:28pm On Feb 15, 2010
To them it is. For me though, I no longer take titles seriously (except for the ones that are not bought).

(1) (Reply)

Is "Happy New Month" Greeting Part Of The Nigerian Culture? / A Need To Change The Name Nigeria To Wazobia / Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.