Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. (35822 Views)

What Happens After We Die? Near-death-experiences & Reincarnation / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Scientist Discorvered There Is God After Researching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by Amberon11: 1:25pm On Aug 14, 2017
Thrash! Typical daft response. [s]
dalaman:

The Eben Alexander case made news because it appeared on the cover of news week and generated a lot of buzz, the buzz and the controversy it created had investigators going around interview most of the parties involved and it was in the process he was discovered to have been lying, after the publication by Esquire Magazine challenging most of his claims, he himself went underground with his tale.This is old news. He has been debunked already.

http://www.salon.com/2012/11/26/dr_eben_alexanders_so_called_after_life/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/03/did-the-famed-neurosurgeon-who-claims-he-saw-god-and-visited-heaven-lie-article-exposes-alleged-inconsistencies/

In one of the book's most dramatic scenes, Dr. Laura Potter prepares Alexander to move from the ER to the ICU. In those final moments, after two straight hours of struggle—thrashing and guttural groans and wails—Eben Alexander grows quiet and shouts out, for everyone present to hear, "God, help me!" The doctors, nurses, his wife Holley and his neighbor Michael Sullivan, an Episcopal rector, rush to his stretcher, but Alexander remains completely unresponsive.

Dramatic, but it could not have happened. Dr. Potter has no recollection of the incident but she does remember that she intubated Alexander more than an hour before his departure from the ER. Could he have shouted anything, let alone something clearly heard? "No," she says.

He made a claim in his book while the doctor present there says he waas lying, it never happened

More.

Dr Eben Alexander is a liar for Jesus. . .he has already been debunked. . .

*Esquire writer accuses famed doctor and author Dr. Eben Alexander of potentially embellishing story and leaving out key details
*Investigation shows alleged disparities in Alexander’s account of the afterlife as told in his book “Proof of Heaven” and by others familiar with the story
*Key personal details about Alexander’s background were withheld from the public, Esquire alleges
*ER doctor who treated the neurosurgeon gives contradictory account of events that unfolded at the hospital during Alexander’s near-death experience

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/03/did-the-famed-neurosurgeon-who-claims-he-saw-god-and-visited-heaven-lie-article-exposes-alleged-inconsistencies/

Dr Eben Alexander was an out of work doctor that was looking for money and saw an opportunity by narrating lies and selling it in a book.

When will christians STOP Lying for Jesus?

[/s]
Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by CatfishBilly: 1:33pm On Aug 14, 2017
butterflylion:

Don't mind that zombie. NDE is as old as history itself. Credible scientific institutions have dedicated funds and teams into researching it because it defies science in so many ways. He is not scientific but is already declaring it as false when modern science has not been able to come close to declaring it as false because a lot of these NDE patients experienced their NDE without having brain activity which clearly goes against accepted medical observations.

The zombies anthem is mi o le gba. Ni Tori pe mi o gba, gbo gbo yin Kparo. ( I will not accept it and because I will not accept it then all of you are liars).

His brain is paining him.
Without having detectable brain activity and without having brain activity are 2 different things.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by butterflylion: 1:40pm On Aug 14, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Without having detectable brain activity and without having brain activity are 2 different things.

My gosh! So no detectable brain activity does not mean no brain activity? Can you share with me a medical equipment that can detect undetectable brain activity. I dey wait!

Also can you tell me where a brain activity was present yet not detected by the medical equipment specifically designed for it and which can detect the smallest flicker of electrical activity in the brain. I dey wait also.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by Amberon11: 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2017
His experience proves that there's an afterlife and that there's more to life than the physical. The blue eyed girl happened to be his sister who he never met nor knew existed. There's no scientific explanation for this.

The only people who can even remotely attempt to disprove the op are neurosurgeons , not some dimwitted atheist who knows nothing except his hatred for anything relating to the afterlife and God.
menxer:
the Dr Eben didn't say he met God, but a blue eyed lady, so what's the noise about?

What he has proved is that consciousness can and do exist outside and independent of the physical body, which is not a new discovery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by CatfishBilly: 1:46pm On Aug 14, 2017
butterflylion:

My gosh! So no detectable brain activity does not mean no brain activity? Can you share with me a medical equipment that can detect undetectable brain activity. I dey wait!

Also can you tell me where a brain activity was present yet not detected by the medical equipment specifically designed for it and which can detect the smallest flicker of electrical activity in the brain. I dey wait also.

For example, I don't know which modalities that were used in this patient.
If it were an Electroencephalogram for example, the electrodes are placed on the scalp.
But if it was an Electrocorticogram, the electrodes are placed directly on the cerebral cortex, so you already know which one of the 2 is most sensitive.
There's also fMRI to detect cerebral activity.
So, a less sensitive machine could report no detectable brain activity while a more sensitive would report brain activity, get it now?

There's even deep electrode implants in the cerebral cortex, which are even more sensitive.
I don't think those have been used on humans though for obvious reasons.
Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by Amberon11: 1:48pm On Aug 14, 2017
Pathetic. We should believe you over proven facts from the experience of a neurosurgeon? grin grin
joshuakdboy:
all I see here is someone who needed money and decided to play the religion card by lying about seeing heaven or other 'universe' to write a book.

it's not uncommon, he isn't the first, and won't be the last.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by Amberon11: 1:52pm On Aug 14, 2017
Like most atheists don't shout "Jesus" or "blood of Jesus" when faced with death. Say something else.
dalaman:

What kind of athiest shouts "God help me"? I doubt if he was ever an athiest.

"In one of the book's most dramatic scenes, Dr. Laura Potter prepares Alexander to move from the ER to the ICU. In those final moments, after two straight hours of struggle—thrashing and guttural groans and wails—Eben Alexander grows quiet and shouts out, for everyone present to hear, "God, help me!"

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by butterflylion: 2:11pm On Aug 14, 2017
CatfishBilly:

For example, I don't know which modalities that we're used in this patient.
If it were an Electroencephalogram for example, the electrodes are placed on the scalp.
But if it was an Electrocorticogram, the electrodes are placed directly on the cerebral cortex, so you already know which one of the 2 is most sensitive.
There's also fMRI to detect cerebral activity.
So, a less sensitive machine could report no detectable brain activity while a more sensitive would report brain activity, get it now?

So now you wish to probe the medical equipment used ba?

You see Eben Alexander was no push over and was a well known neurosurgeon among his peers so when he suffered his condition he was taken to Lynchburg General Hospital and here is a little information about that hospital.

Lynchburg General Hospital, with 385 licensed beds, is an emergency and critical care center specializing in cardiology, emergency medicine, orthopedics, oncology, neurology, and neurosurgery.

LGH is recognized nationally for its oncology, cardiac, and neurosciences programs, as well as nursing. National recognitions some of our services have received, include:

1. 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospital

2. Magnet Nursing

3. Cancer Care Services Accredited with Commendation from Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons
Highest Rating from Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons for open heart surgery

4. Certified National Primary Stroke Center (region's only)

5. Forbes Safest Hospitals in America

6. Certified Chest Pain and Acute MI Center

7. National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (region's only)

8. Level II Trauma Center

With the above you think they have incompetent medical personnel? An EEG is also used to find out if a person who is in a coma is brain dead. Can you define what being brain dead means please.

His doctor took several tests as you can see from the attached pictures in the OP and all of them showed no brain activity and here you are probing her methods. Perhaps you would have preferred that they referred him to you so you could have better handled his case.

You are on Nairaland trying to analyse and disprove what actual qualified medical doctors with far better medical equipment than any in Nigeria and who worked in one of the top 50 hospitals in the United States already confirmed as a credible report of no brain activity. OK kontinue.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by CatfishBilly: 2:26pm On Aug 14, 2017
butterflylion:

So now you wish to probe the medical equipment used ba?

You see Eben Alexander was no push over and was a well known neurosurgeon among his peers so when he suffered his condition he was taken to Lynchburg General Hospital and here is a little information about that hospital.

Lynchburg General Hospital, with 385 licensed beds, is an emergency and critical care center specializing in cardiology, emergency medicine, orthopedics, oncology, neurology, and neurosurgery.

LGH is recognized nationally for its oncology, cardiac, and neurosciences programs, as well as nursing. National recognitions some of our services have received, include:

1. 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospital

2. Magnet Nursing

3. Cancer Care Services Accredited with Commendation from Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons
Highest Rating from Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons for open heart surgery

4. Certified National Primary Stroke Center (region's only)

5. Forbes Safest Hospitals in America

6. Certified Chest Pain and Acute MI Center

7. National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (region's only)

8. Level II Trauma Center

With the above you think they have incompetent medical personnel? An EEG is also used to find out if a person who is in a coma is brain dead. Can you define what being brain dead means please.

His doctor took several tests as you can see from the attached pictures in the OP and all of them showed no brain activity and here you are probing her methods. Perhaps you would have preferred that they referred him to you so you could have better handled his case.

You are on Nairaland trying to analyse and disprove what actual qualified medical doctors with far better medical equipment than any in Nigeria and who worked in one of the top 50 hospitals in the United States already confirmed as a credible report of no brain activity. OK kontinue.

Actual medical doctors? Somehow, I'm not allowed to have an opinion because I'm not a medical doctor abi?
See your life?

All what you wrote up there was useless, my post was basically to differentiate between no brain activity and no detectable brain activity and to buttress the point, I asked for which modality that was used to detect the brain activity.

You don't have to get all emotional. We're having a civil discussion. Listing the qualities of the hospital doesnt answer my question in anyway.
Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by butterflylion: 2:55pm On Aug 14, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Actual medical doctors? Somehow, I'm not allowed to have an opinion because I'm not a medical doctor abi?
See your life?

All what you wrote up there was useless, my post was basically to differentiate between no brain activity and no detectable brain activity and to buttress the point, I asked for which modality that was used to detect the brain activity.

You don't have to get all emotional. We're having a civil discussion. Listing the qualities of the hospital doesnt answer my question in anyway.

Neither does your probing the medical equipment used answer my questions nor does it disprove Eben Alexanders claims especially when you are not in any way near as competent as the doctor who handled his case and other doctors who have confirmed the results of his EEG which clearly showed no brain activity.

If you were in any way competent and credible you would first interpret the brain imaging pictures I posted and then state if EEG could be read erroneously by an expert of many years or if the equipment could produce false negatives and under what conditions this could happen.

If you were in any way competent you would have made some effort to answer Eben Alexander questions which he gave to Sam Harris and I posted up there. At least that would show your level of credibility since it was a challenge given by Eben Alexander himself to any medical practitioner who is worth his weight in knowledge.

But did you attempt any of that? Hell to the no. Instead you jumped straight to type of equipment. Guy you are a learner!

1 Like

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by CatfishBilly: 3:25pm On Aug 14, 2017
butterflylion:

Neither does your probing the medical equipment used answer my questions nor does it disprove Eben Alexanders claims especially when you are not in any way near as competent as the doctor who handled his case and other doctors who have confirmed the results of his EEG which clearly showed no brain activity.

If you were in any way competent and credible you would first interpret the brain imaging pictures I posted and then state if EEG could be read erroneously by an expert of many years or if the equipment could produce false negatives and under what conditions this could happen.

If you were in any way competent you would have made some effort to answer Eben Alexander questions which he gave to Sam Harris and I posted up there. At least that would show your level of credibility since it was a challenge given by Eben Alexander himself to any medical practitioner who is worth his weight in knowledge.

But did you attempt any of that? Hell to the no. Instead you jumped straight to type of equipment. Guy you are a learner!

I've read about this Doctor and a Neurologist gave an explanation. He experienced his NDE as he was regaining full function of the cerebral cortex. Simple and straightforward. If you have even bothered to research the article, you would have seen that explanation.
Or maybe you saw it and decided to ignore it to push your agenda, that was why I never even bothered about answering the question. Since you asked, here you have your answer.

The images your posted there are radioimages (MRI, CT), there's no way for me to interpret them cos they are too small, I have to hold it in my hands to be able to interpret. If you want me to interpret, bring the EEG tracings for me here and I'll gladly interpret them.

Since you said that they're EEG tracings, I've already mentioned a more sensitive modality for you Electrocorticogram which is actually used during neurosurgery to check if the patient still has brain activity, not EEG.

Instead of looking at natural and scientific answers to questions, you all want a supernatural explanation. If that's what makes yall sleep better at night, so be it.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by felixomor: 3:42pm On Aug 14, 2017
CatfishBilly:

I've read about this Doctor and a Neurologist gave an explanation. He experienced his NDE as he was regaining full function of the cerebral cortex. Simple and straightforward. If you have even bothered to research the article, you would have seen that explanation.
Or maybe you saw it and decided to ignore it to push your agenda, that was why I never even bothered about answering the question. Since you asked, here you have your answer.

The images your posted there are radioimages (MRI, CT), there's no way for me to interpret them cos there are too small, I have to hold it in my hands to be able to interpret. If you want me to interpret, bring the EEG tracings for me here and I'll gladly interpret them.

Since you said that they're EEG tracings, I've already mentioned a more sensitive modality for you Electrocorticogram which is actually used during neurosurgery to check if the patient still has brain activity, not EEG.

Instead of looking at natural and scientific answers to questions, you all want a supernatural explanation. If that's what makes yall sleep better at night, so be it.

You have started your assumptions again
Always using your assumptions to try to disprove facts

And then you will say its Christians that like to use belief to disprove facts.

Chai
Thank God this didnt happen in a Nigerian hospital
If not you would have told us they didnt plug the machine to Nepa light...

That would probably have been your excuse.
Hian lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by butterflylion: 4:05pm On Aug 14, 2017
CatfishBilly:

The images your posted there are radioimages (MRI, CT), there's no way for me to interpret them cos they are too small, I have to hold it in my hands to be able to interpret. If you want me to interpret, bring the EEG tracings for me here and I'll gladly interpret them.

Oh so a certain neurologist gave an explanation? Below is Eben Alexanders comment when hushing Sam Harris up.

"The thalamus, basal ganglia, and brainstem are deeper brain structures (“subcortical regions”) that some colleagues postulated might have contributed to the processing of such hyperreal experiences. In fact, all agreed that none of those structures could play any such role without having at least some regions of the neocortex still functional. All agreed in the end that such subcortical structures alone could not have handled the intense neural calculations required for such a richly interactive experiential tapestry.
There are 9 hypotheses discussed in an appendix of my book that I derived based on conversations with colleagues. None of them explained the hyper-reality in any brain-based fashion."

Can I have the name and writings of this certain neurologist who you said explained it all away.

By the way did you know that his coma lasted for 7 days? And he went into NDE experience immediately he slipped into this coma which is from the first day and since his coma lasted for 7 days which he woke up on the 7th day how come your alleged neurologist said his NDE experience occurred as he was waking up?

Also just like Eben Alexander did I dare you to refute his question to Sam Harris which is also a challenge to all other physicians who care to scrutinise it.

Catfishbilly you are a learner. Your medical position if any is not worthy of consideration especially in the face of people more profound than you are.

Do you even think that nobody has considered the possibility of the other imaging method you keep talking about?

You, yes you catfishbilly no sabi Nada.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by butterflylion: 4:07pm On Aug 14, 2017
felixomor:

You have started your assumptions again
Always using your assumptions to try to disprove facts

And then you will say its Christians that like to use belief to disprove facts.

Chai
Thank God this didnt happen in a Nigerian hospital
If not you would have told us they didnt plug the machine to Nepa light...

That would probably have been your excuse.
Hian lipsrsealed

No mind these people jare. They always have an excuse no matter how silly it sounds they will stand by it hopelessly.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by CatfishBilly: 4:22pm On Aug 14, 2017
butterflylion:

Oh so a certain neurologist gave an explanation? Below is Eben Alexanders comment when hushing Sam Harris up.

"The thalamus, basal ganglia, and brainstem are deeper brain structures (“subcortical regions”) that some colleagues postulated might have contributed to the processing of such hyperreal experiences. In fact, all agreed that none of those structures could play any such role without having at least some regions of the neocortex still functional. All agreed in the end that such subcortical structures alone could not have handled the intense neural calculations required for such a richly interactive experiential tapestry.
There are 9 hypotheses discussed in an appendix of my book that I derived based on conversations with colleagues. None of them explained the hyper-reality in any brain-based fashion."

Can I have the name and writings of this certain neurologist who you said explained it all away.

By the way did you know that his coma lasted for 7 days? And he went into NDE experience immediately he slipped into this coma which is from the first day and since his coma lasted for 7 days which he woke up on the 7th day how come your alleged neurologist said his NDE experience occurred as he was waking up?

Also just like Eben Alexander did I dare you to refute his question to Sam Harris which is also a challenge to all other physicians who care to scrutinise it.

Catfishbilly you are a learner. Your medical position if any is not worthy of consideration especially in the face of people more profound than you are.

Do you even think that nobody has considered the possibility of the other imaging method you keep talking about?

You, yes you catfishbilly no sabi Nada.

Oliver Wolf Sacks. Go look him up.

So, he stated that he was sure that the whole episode lasted for 7 days despite his brain being offline.
He got to know this due to certain anchors to earth time.
What were these anchors? He didn't mention one.
He just felt that he had an NDE for 7 complete days. Pure undilituted anecdotal bullshit with nothing to back it up.

No wonder he didn't publish his experience in a peer reviewed publication, they would have torn it apart because it is purely anecdotal, so because he said the nde lasted for 7 days, we should just believe him without any evidence to verify his claims?

Nobody would have carried out an Electrocorticogram on him cos he was in a coma already, it was way too invasive.

So, since you have nothing to say, it's to attack my medical competence? You know nothing about my competency, just leave that aside and let's discuss the issue at hand.

4 Likes

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by butterflylion: 4:36pm On Aug 14, 2017
CatfishBilly:

So, he stated that he was sure that the whole episode lasted for 7 days despite his brain being offline.
He just felt that he had an NDE for 7 complete days. Pure undilituted anecdotal bullshit with nothing to back it up.

No wonder he didn't publish his experience in a peer reviewed publication, they would have torn it apart because it is purely anecdotal, so because he said the nde lasted for 7 days, we should just believe him without any evidence to verify his claims?

Nobody would have carried out an Electrocorticogram on him cos he was in a coma already, it was way too invasive.

So, since you have nothing to say, it's to attack my medical competence? You know nothing about my competency, just leave that aside and let's discuss the issue at hand.

Some of his anchors were images of his son praying and what he had on. Also images of people around his bed praying. These images came well after his NDE began and when he came out from the coma and spoke with these people whom incidentally some of them were around his bed at the time he woke up he was able to get "time markers" or "anchors" determining when they were praying and how many days into his coma it was. It certainly wasn't the 7th day.

what evidence do you need to believe? Let me quote smallville10

THEY WILL COME AND ASK U FOR EVIDENCE OF THE COMA! Show them the coma! Hahahahhaha they want a picture of d gal guiding d man

You guys never cease to amaze even stvpid people.

Post here Oliver Wolf sacks direct response to Eben Alexander case based on the evidence Alexander presented. I want a direct response from him.

I am still waiting for your response to his question directed at Sam Harris. Surely you no go neglect that one na. Is that not part of the evidence Eben Alexander presented?

If you wish to refute an evidence do so holistically and not selectively. I dey wait for your response to that one as proof of this your competency.

1,2,3 fire away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by felixomor: 4:48pm On Aug 14, 2017
butterflylion:

Some of his anchors were images of his son praying and what he had on. Also images of people around his bed praying. These images came well after his NDE began and when he came out from the coma and spoke with these people whom incidentally some of them were around his bed at the time he woke up he was able to get "time markers" or "anchors" determining when they were praying and how many days into his coma it was. It certainly wasn't the 7th day.

Post here Oliver Wolf sacks direct response to Eben Alexander case based on the evidence Alexander presented. I want a direct response from him.

I am still waiting for your response to his question directed at Sam Harris. Surely you no go neglect that one na. Is that not part of the evidence Eben Alexander presented?

If you wish to refute an evidence do so holistically and not selectively. I dey wait for your response to that one as proof of this your competency.

1,2,3 fire away.

The bloke has nothing to fire.
He is empty

Show him a dead man that came back he will tell you that no doctor examined
Show him a doctor that examined, he will tell you the doctors stethoscope is probably fake....

He keeps swimming to the ocean just to fuel his denial.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by butterflylion: 4:53pm On Aug 14, 2017
CatfishBilly:

By the way catfishbilly this is a medical and scientific statement about brain activity. Read and strive to be more medically competent.

[b]Heightened sensory perception is common in the near-death experience, and a recent study seems to indicate that these feelings of extrasensory perception may be caused by a significant spike in brain activity in the moments just before death[/b]. The study was conducted on rats and used a small sample size, so some in the scientific community have dismissed the results, but lead researcher Jimo Borjigin believes that it demonstrates the biological basis for the near-death experience. The study relied on the implantation of electrodes into the brains of the rats so that researchers could study the levels of brain activity at the time of death. The results showed that the rats experienced what the researchers termed as “hyperconsciousness,” which aligns with the heightened senses many individuals associate with a near-death experience. According to Borjigin, “We found continued and heightened activity. Measurable conscious activity is much higher after the heart stops—within the first 30 seconds.”

If you see the parts in red, Eben Alexander was supposed to experience a spike or increase in brain activity but he had none. Even if as you claim he may have had but the equipment wasn't capable of reading it I am sure you know what spike or increase in brain activity is. A spike wouldn't be hidden! A spike wouldn't be undetectable! He had none. Explain!
Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by CatfishBilly: 4:55pm On Aug 14, 2017
butterflylion:

1,2,3 fire away.
Which questions did he ask Sam Harris? The only question I could see there was him asking for skeptics to bring another case similar to his.

This is the article by Oliver Wolf Sacks, quite interesting.
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/12/seeing-god-in-the-third-millennium/266134/

So, his brain was offline for 7 whole days, but he was able to appreciate those things? Fuckkking hilarious.

How science works is that claims are verified indepently.
So, he was in a coma. Verified.
He had undectable cerebral activity. Verified.
He had an NDE for 7 whole days, now there's no way to verify that. His time anchors are weak to say the least.
No wonder it wasn't published in a journal cos his claims are unverifiable.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by butterflylion: 5:04pm On Aug 14, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Which questions did he ask Sam Harris? The only question I could see there was him asking for skeptics to bring another case similar to his.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/12/seeing-god-in-the-third-millennium/266134/

So, his brain was offline for 7 whole days, but he was able to appreciate those things? Fuckkking hilarious.

He had an NDE for 7 whole days, now there's no way to verify that. His time anchors are weak to say the least.

Buahahahahahahaha so now his time anchors are weak ba? People who prayed for him confirmed what he saw while in NDE and told him when they were actually doing those things he saw and you say his time anchors are weak.

Young man Abeg waka. Your case is a crazy one. So crazy that it is actually hilarious.

Witnesses confirmed his images of them were true based on what he saw them doing and what they had on. Even his son was in a different location when he saw the image of his son praying and you, yes you catfishbilly siddon for dia dey form critic on Nairaland.

Again Buahahahahahahahaha!

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by butterflylion: 5:08pm On Aug 14, 2017
felixomor:

The bloke has nothing to fire.
He is empty

Show him a dead man that came back he will tell you that no doctor examined
Show him a doctor that examined, he will tell you the doctors stethoscope is probably fake....

He keeps swimming to the ocean just to fuel his denial.

The guy na empty drum of oyel . Their noise pass 50,000 watts speaker own.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by butterflylion: 5:14pm On Aug 14, 2017
CatfishBilly:

So you did not see the question he asked Sam Harris ba? Okay make I show you.

To any skeptic who thinks he has explained my experience as brain-based, he then needs to address the non-local nature of consciousness ~ the broad clinical experience in transpersonal psychology (notably all of the past life clinical work, the reincarnation work from Ian Stevenson and Jim Tucker at UVA; also very relevant in terms of how I remembered so much) and address the overwhelming tsunami of evidence of the phenomena of non-local consciousness in Irreducible Mind.

I have shown you the question so there is no way you could miss it this time. Oya fire away with your explanation and let's have a lovely argument.

Instead of facing the truth and facts in the case you are applying a reverse methodology.

Do you see the attached meme? That is exactly what you are doing.

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by CatfishBilly: 5:30pm On Aug 14, 2017
butterflylion:

By the way catfishbilly this is a medical and scientific statement about brain activity. Read and strive to be more medically competent.

[b]Heightened sensory perception is common in the near-death experience, and a recent study seems to indicate that these feelings of extrasensory perception may be caused by a significant spike in brain activity in the moments just before death[/b]. The study was conducted on rats and used a small sample size, so some in the scientific community have dismissed the results, but lead researcher Jimo Borjigin believes that it demonstrates the biological basis for the near-death experience. The study relied on the implantation of electrodes into the brains of the rats so that researchers could study the levels of brain activity at the time of death. The results showed that the rats experienced what the researchers termed as “hyperconsciousness,” which aligns with the heightened senses many individuals associate with a near-death experience. According to Borjigin, “We found continued and heightened activity. Measurable conscious activity is much higher after the heart stops—within the first 30 seconds.”

If you see the parts in red, Eben Alexander was supposed to experience a spike or increase in brain activity but he had none. Even if as you claim he may have had but the equipment wasn't capable of reading it I am sure you know what spike or increase in brain activity is. A spike wouldn't be hidden! A spike wouldn't be undetectable! He had none. Explain!
Here he goes talking about my competence again.
Can't you face the issue on hand instead of referring to my comptence as if you understand a quarter of what I'm talking about. Face the issue, please, if you can't I'll just leave you.

The excerpt you posted is self debunking.
The sample size already rendered it null and void. Dr. Eben was monitored with an EEG. What was used in the rats? EEG? Electrocorticogram? fMRI?
Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by CatfishBilly: 5:31pm On Aug 14, 2017
butterflylion:

Buahahahahahahaha so now his time anchors are weak ba? People who prayed for him confirmed what he saw while in NDE and told him when they were actually doing those things he saw and you say his time anchors are weak.

Young man Abeg waka. Your case is a crazy one. So crazy that it is actually hilarious.

Witnesses confirmed his images of them were true based on what he saw them doing and what they had on. Even his son was in a different location when he saw the image of his son praying and you, yes you catfishbilly siddon for dia dey form critic on Nairaland.

Again Buahahahahahahahaha!

Appeal to ridicule much?

Even if you bothered reading the link that Dr. Sacks wrote, he demonstrated it that people with NDE have time distortion, a few minutes seem like hours to them.

Heavyweights in the medical field have already criticized his write up this one I'm doing for you people here is jara.

He for publish his findings for journals naa as he has only anecdotal evidence, the embarrassment would have be so much that he no fit publish for scientific journal again.
Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 14, 2017
Ishilove:

LoJ?
Hello Ishilove,

it is my pleasure to read from you. I do not understand the meaning of this mention, unless it was a mistake.

Greetings.
Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by felixomor: 5:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Can't you face the issue on hand instead of referring to my comptence as if you understand a quarter of what I'm talking about. Face the issue, please, if you can't I'll just leave you.

The sample size already rendered it null and void. Dr. Eben was monitored with an EEG. What was used in the rats? EEG? Electrocorticogram? fMRI?

The only argument you are putting forward is an attack of a witness, with no meaningful rebuttal on your part.

And yet you want the op not to attack your competence...

Hypocrisy much.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by butterflylion: 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Catfishbilly quietly take several seats. Why are EEGS used on humans is it not to read brain activity? Doctors say that hallucinations occur only in the presence of brain activity which Eben Alexander did not have and it is a well established fact that during dreams or hallucinations brain activity or reactions are present and measurable with an EEG and Alexander had none.

Let's even push the alleged hallucinations aside for a minute. What would be your prognosis for someone in a coma and with no brain activity observed?

Would you say that person would wake up within days or would you say he may not wake up at all.

Even if he did somehow wake up would you say his brain functions would be intact and as sharp as it was before he had no brain activity after 7 days?

Would such a person wake up whole or wake up a vegetable?
Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by butterflylion: 5:44pm On Aug 14, 2017
felixomor:

The only argument you are putting forward is an attack of a witness, with no meaningful rebuttal on your part.

Hypocrisy much.

They never see their own errors even when it's as clear as day but will only see the one they imagine others have.
Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by felixomor: 5:46pm On Aug 14, 2017
butterflylion:

They never see their own errors even when it's as clear as day but will only see the one they imagine others have.

Honestly
Especially with him, his hypocrisy is on another level.
Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by CatfishBilly: 5:46pm On Aug 14, 2017
felixomor:

Hypocrisy much.
I attacked his story, the one that isn't verifiable.
I never attacked his person.
Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by butterflylion: 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2017
felixomor:

Honestly
Especially with him, his hypocrisy is on another level.

So much hypocrisy. This kind of doctor that runs to other people's comments and uses them as a defence na wa o. He cannot write one single line of his own to at least show us how competent he is medically.

I have given him a direct question from Eben Alexander which he threw as a challenge to all sceptics. Let's see him try and answer that by himself without reference to others.
Re: Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. by butterflylion: 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2017
CatfishBilly:

I attacked his story, the one that isn't verifiable.
I never attacked his person.

Attacked ke? You have said nothing so far.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

''i Gave Oyedepo Occultic Power: Police Arrest Publisher Of End-time Magazine / Stories Behind Great Hymns.... .pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior / RCCG Covenant Partnership - Scam Of All Scams?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.