Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling (27790 Views)

Man Burnt To Death While Travelling From Bauchi To Jos(graphic Photos) / Female Corper Burnt After In Motor Accident While Travelling. Graphic Photos / Passenger Ties Goat Along With Luggage On Top Of A Bus While Travelling (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by Nobody: 1:45am On Aug 14, 2017
But how can people believe the OP's lies like this? Smh
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by defemie(m): 1:55am On Aug 14, 2017
May all the ladies trying this enter kidnappers car soon �
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by OLUJOSHINS(m): 2:00am On Aug 14, 2017
Caustics:
shocked i am a policeman. police dont do such things. we are disciplined

U are trying to defend the most inhumane organization on earth.

it is an impossible mission

1 Like

Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by Lexusgs430: 2:08am On Aug 14, 2017
The only stranger I would happily pick up is, Sinaj....... She cannot hurt a fly or mosquito, with those her innocent eyes.........
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by cyrielo(m): 2:16am On Aug 14, 2017
musabayokanu:
Picking people on the high way read this and share.

A brother shared this testimony in the church today.

He was travelling to Warri and he had a very busy night and was feeling dizzy while driving but the trip is a must because he must catch up the appointment in warri.

He said he is not in the habit of picking people on the highway, but he needed someone whom he will be discussing with to prevent him from sleeping while driving.

Luckily for him, when he got to Choba brigde he saw two young ladies standing by the roadside waiting for car they waved at him and he quickly stopped.

The lady: Good afternoon sir

The man: yes good afternoon

The lady: Sir please will you get to Mbiama junction?

The man: Yes but I can only carry one person

The lady: Ok no problem sir, I just met her here we are not together.

The lady claimed.

She joined the man and they drove off, along the line she started acting restless, looking at the man, pressing her smart phone chatting and after a while she started answering calls, though she never said anything in the phone just mmh, mmh uhh, yes, no.

During the calls the man reduced his speed, and started observing the lady. At some point the lady started talking to the man seeking attention and all, he kept quiet and was observing her.

They got to Ahoada, the lady said she want to buy something and the man said he can't wait.

She went down and the brother drove off and told her good bye, along the line he decided to buy fuel and drove into a Total filling station, while waiting something told him to search the car especially the area the lady was sitting because she might mistaking drop a feminine object that he can't explain to his wife, while search he saw bunch of Indian hemp wrapped in a brown paper he quickly picked it up, asked for their rest room, went in and empty the content of the paper inside the toilet, flush and threw the paper inside the waste bin there, bought his fuel and continue his journey this time around the sleep cleared from his eyes.

They got to Mbiama bridge at the police highway patrol checkpoint before the army check point his car and one other car was thoroughly search they didn't find anything in his car yet they never allowed him to go as they continued with unending search. 

Inside the other car they find Indian hemp under the seat, the man couldn't explain how it got in their, later he said he over had the man pleading and telling the police man he picked one lady at Choba bridge, probably the lady never knew it fell off from her bag.

Later the brother excused the man and asked him the cloth the lady was wearing and where she dropped, behold it's the lady standing with the one he picked and she stopped at the same Ahoada but he was smart enough to search his car after she dropped and discovered bunch of Indian hemp wrapped in the same paper similar to the one he thrashed in the toilet at the filling station.

He realised it was a set up but to avoid paying for what he cannot substantiate he kept quiet until they asked him to go and took the other man to their station, only God knows how they settled.

For the single men and married men driving on the high way do not pick strangers.
I do not think you should not help strangers, however, thank you for the story it is quite an eye opener, I think people should observe strange behaviors ask questions and kindly drop the person if your spirit does not resonate with the presence of the person.
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by Templa(m): 2:30am On Aug 14, 2017
I remember speed racer when I see lift seekers on the highway.. As in my speed na double double..
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by cmon(m): 3:16am On Aug 14, 2017
Even at checkpoints sometimes, policemen tell me to help drop this their friend who's going my way and I blatantly refuse, let alone ordinary person on the highway... Make I hear....

1 Like

Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by Nobody: 4:00am On Aug 14, 2017
stagger:
Only fools still pick strangers on the highway in this era of kidnapping and terrorism.

10-4 good buddy, 10-4.
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by madjune(m): 4:16am On Aug 14, 2017
Funny narrative.

The man wanted to pick people on the way so that they would be talking him out of sleep. Ok.

And here he got the girl in her car and instead of jisting with her, he was merely observing her.

Is this man normal?
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by peacettw: 4:16am On Aug 14, 2017
I don't give lifts to strangers anymore. That is one risk I am not willing to take.
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by adslipps: 5:11am On Aug 14, 2017
maysimsimple:
Blatant lie, police don't search on d highway..

They do search when there is a tip off
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by eeby1983(m): 5:32am On Aug 14, 2017
fatymore:
Even me as a passenger I can't enter a vehicle on the highway...
are you sure
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by Nackzy: 5:59am On Aug 14, 2017
Pls tell those married men if they will listen.... HIV, Syphillis, Gonorreah, Thiefs, Kidnappers, bad belle, wicked people..naa for high way u go see demhl
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 14, 2017
musabayokanu:
Picking people on the high way read this and share.

A brother shared this testimony in the church today.

He was travelling to Warri and he had a very busy night and was feeling dizzy while driving but the trip is a must because he must catch up the appointment in warri.

He said he is not in the habit of picking people on the highway, but he needed someone whom he will be discussing with to prevent him from sleeping while driving.

Luckily for him, when he got to Choba brigde he saw two young ladies standing by the roadside waiting for car they waved at him and he quickly stopped.

The lady: Good afternoon sir

The man: yes good afternoon

The lady: Sir please will you get to Mbiama junction?

The man: Yes but I can only carry one person

The lady: Ok no problem sir, I just met her here we are not together.

The lady claimed.

She joined the man and they drove off, along the line she started acting restless, looking at the man, pressing her smart phone chatting and after a while she started answering calls, though she never said anything in the phone just mmh, mmh uhh, yes, no.

During the calls the man reduced his speed, and started observing the lady. At some point the lady started talking to the man seeking attention and all, he kept quiet and was observing her.

They got to Ahoada, the lady said she want to buy something and the man said he can't wait.

She went down and the brother drove off and told her good bye, along the line he decided to buy fuel and drove into a Total filling station, while waiting something told him to search the car especially the area the lady was sitting because she might mistaking drop a feminine object that he can't explain to his wife, while search he saw bunch of Indian hemp wrapped in a brown paper he quickly picked it up, asked for their rest room, went in and empty the content of the paper inside the toilet, flush and threw the paper inside the waste bin there, bought his fuel and continue his journey this time around the sleep cleared from his eyes.

They got to Mbiama bridge at the police highway patrol checkpoint before the army check point his car and one other car was thoroughly search they didn't find anything in his car yet they never allowed him to go as they continued with unending search. 

Inside the other car they find Indian hemp under the seat, the man couldn't explain how it got in their, later he said he over had the man pleading and telling the police man he picked one lady at Choba bridge, probably the lady never knew it fell off from her bag.

Later the brother excused the man and asked him the cloth the lady was wearing and where she dropped, behold it's the lady standing with the one he picked and she stopped at the same Ahoada but he was smart enough to search his car after she dropped and discovered bunch of Indian hemp wrapped in the same paper similar to the one he thrashed in the toilet at the filling station.

He realised it was a set up but to avoid paying for what he cannot substantiate he kept quiet until they asked him to go and took the other man to their station, only God knows how they settled.

For the single men and married men driving on the high way do not pick strangers.

d man na lucky idiot² sombori
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by segzyndpep(m): 6:23am On Aug 14, 2017
Last week i picked a woman i once bought mtn card from because i will pass her shop.

After i drop her at are shop. Lady shouted i know you and i have seen your face..she said that with a smile but i hate what she did...the next day the husband call to warn me not to have anything to do with his wife.

I have been bitter because of this issue.
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by fatymore(f): 6:24am On Aug 14, 2017
eeby1983:
are you sure
lols..have I ever stopped you for a lift
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by taurusmena1(m): 6:28am On Aug 14, 2017
No doubt it's a Collabo btw the police and the girls.the girls are definitely Consultants to the NP abi una wan add f to the N nd P?
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by seangy4konji: 6:45am On Aug 14, 2017
yes i remember this story..na make god save perso for naija...
UnknownT:
If I remember well, a Nairalander once shared a story that made FP about a policeman he and his dad gave a lift, the policeman purposely left some bullets which they were fortunate enough to see and throw away. When they got to the next checkpoint, they were stopped and the policemen went to the exact place the officer they gave a left dropped those bullets but they couldn't see anything
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by emi14: 6:49am On Aug 14, 2017
dilemaguy:
This is what I do when I am stopped on the highway by a stranger.

I slow down, roll my glass down and smile gently to the person. Afterwards, I roll my glass back up and voom!

Nobody can be trusted in this world again o

So you stopped just to smile and then voom. Idler
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by ebikels: 6:58am On Aug 14, 2017
Na today
Caustics:
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 14, 2017
segzyndpep:
Last week i picked a woman i once bought mtn card from because i will pass her shop.

After i drop her at are shop. Lady shouted i know you and i have seen your face..she said that with a smile but i hate what she did...the next day the husband call to warn me not to have anything to do with his wife.

I have been bitter because of this issue.
The woman's husband called u on phone shocked...
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by ActionsShure: 7:03am On Aug 14, 2017
I drive thick tinted fully
I stop for no one.
I got time for no bullshit
I zoom pass asphalt 8 airbone
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by squash47(m): 7:17am On Aug 14, 2017
Caustics:
Abeg go back to duty jare...u wan swear say u neva collect bribe once??
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by cooljude(m): 7:20am On Aug 14, 2017
nkemdi89:
A man once assisted a pregnant woman in his car in the company of his wife and 3 sons, on getting to a lonely junction she started complaining of full bladder, not knowing she was among a kidnapping and ritualist syndicate. The family were waylaid and ordered to release one of their sons or they would kill them all, he had to release his son named simon and they were instructed to enter their vehicle and drive off, he quickly reported at the next police check point, unfortunately the deed has been done, the boy was killed and organs removed. What still haunt the man, was the son's last word which was " daddy why me"

Chai, the man wouldn't recover from this nightmare.
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by Cmanforall: 7:23am On Aug 14, 2017
stagger:
Only fools still pick strangers on the highway in this era of kidnapping and terrorism.
I disagree with you. Sorry.
I give people lift, especially when you know the public transport links are somehow poor. For instance, traveling from my village to our capital city... If you've got enough space, give them lift (the rural dwellers). There's nothing like terrorism nor kidnapping. They'll wish you well.
Other important group to help are the Corp members ('Corpers '). With the meagre sum paid to them by state governments (4k or so), they use lifts to cut down their expenses on transportation. And surely they'll appreciate it.
Thanks.
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by edogu(m): 7:24am On Aug 14, 2017
Narldon:

NwaAmaikpe

Take note

grin

It seems Nwaamaikpe has been banned by the moderators.
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by NwaAmaikpe: 7:36am On Aug 14, 2017
edogu:

It seems Nwaamaikpe has been banned by the moderators.

shocked

Thanks Narldon,
I'd always remember this.

As for you;

1 Like

Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by edogu(m): 7:45am On Aug 14, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

shocked

Thanks Narldon,
I'd always remember this.

As for you;
Pls, do not mind me. It's been long I saw your comment on nairaland and that kind of pushed me to such conclusion. My mistake. undecided
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by ehix89(m): 7:46am On Aug 14, 2017
Even the ones wey no get moto they follow holla I don't give lift to strangers anymore, make we hear joor grin
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by Bahddo(m): 7:49am On Aug 14, 2017
nkemdi89:
A man once assisted a pregnant woman in his car in the company of his wife and 3 sons, on getting to a lonely junction she started complaining of full bladder, not knowing she was among a kidnapping and ritualist syndicate. The family were waylaid and ordered to release one of their sons or they would kill them all, he had to release his son named simon and they were instructed to enter their vehicle and drive off, he quickly reported at the next police check point, unfortunately the deed has been done, the boy was killed and organs removed. What still haunt the man, was the son's last word which was " daddy why me"
damn... sad
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 14, 2017
elantraceey:
It gets more difficult to differentiate between scammers and those truly in need these days sad

May God help us
Amen. helping people now will be so difficult
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by luminouz(m): 8:32am On Aug 14, 2017
nkemdi89:
DAMN
DAMN
DAMN!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! / US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications / How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.