Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,708 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling (27789 Views)

Man Burnt To Death While Travelling From Bauchi To Jos(graphic Photos) / Female Corper Burnt After In Motor Accident While Travelling. Graphic Photos / Passenger Ties Goat Along With Luggage On Top Of A Bus While Travelling (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by muller101(m): 8:36am On Aug 14, 2017
Yuji:

Your opinions lacks commonsense. If you are wise you would say some. Because all women are not the same. If women talk say all men are evil now you will start complaining.
u get bad mouth o.
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by Olulinks(m): 8:37am On Aug 14, 2017
dilemaguy:
This is what I do when I am stopped on the highway by a stranger.

I slow down, roll my glass down and smile gently to the person. Afterwards, I roll my glass back up and voom!

Nobody can be trusted in this world again o
Slow down for someone you don't trust. What if he caught up with you? And worst, still smiling at him or her? You don die!
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by optm(m): 8:38am On Aug 14, 2017
musabayokanu:
Picking people on the high way read this and share.

A brother shared this testimony in the church today.

He was travelling to Warri and he had a very busy night and was feeling dizzy while driving but the trip is a must because he must catch up the appointment in warri.

He said he is not in the habit of picking people on the highway, but he needed someone whom he will be discussing with to prevent him from sleeping while driving.

Luckily for him, when he got to Choba brigde he saw two young ladies standing by the roadside waiting for car they waved at him and he quickly stopped.

The lady: Good afternoon sir

The man: yes good afternoon

The lady: Sir please will you get to Mbiama junction?

The man: Yes but I can only carry one person

The lady: Ok no problem sir, I just met her here we are not together.

The lady claimed.

She joined the man and they drove off, along the line she started acting restless, looking at the man, pressing her smart phone chatting and after a while she started answering calls, though she never said anything in the phone just mmh, mmh uhh, yes, no.

During the calls the man reduced his speed, and started observing the lady. At some point the lady started talking to the man seeking attention and all, he kept quiet and was observing her.

They got to Ahoada, the lady said she want to buy something and the man said he can't wait.

She went down and the brother drove off and told her good bye, along the line he decided to buy fuel and drove into a Total filling station, while waiting something told him to search the car especially the area the lady was sitting because she might mistaking drop a feminine object that he can't explain to his wife, while search he saw bunch of Indian hemp wrapped in a brown paper he quickly picked it up, asked for their rest room, went in and empty the content of the paper inside the toilet, flush and threw the paper inside the waste bin there, bought his fuel and continue his journey this time around the sleep cleared from his eyes.

They got to Mbiama bridge at the police highway patrol checkpoint before the army check point his car and one other car was thoroughly search they didn't find anything in his car yet they never allowed him to go as they continued with unending search. 

Inside the other car they find Indian hemp under the seat, the man couldn't explain how it got in their, later he said he over had the man pleading and telling the police man he picked one lady at Choba bridge, probably the lady never knew it fell off from her bag.

Later the brother excused the man and asked him the cloth the lady was wearing and where she dropped, behold it's the lady standing with the one he picked and she stopped at the same Ahoada but he was smart enough to search his car after she dropped and discovered bunch of Indian hemp wrapped in the same paper similar to the one he thrashed in the toilet at the filling station.

He realised it was a set up but to avoid paying for what he cannot substantiate he kept quiet until they asked him to go and took the other man to their station, only God knows how they settled.

For the single men and married men driving on the high way do not pick strangers.
why didnt he anonymously report d case nd request there b an investigation into it....no body wld do gud in dis country anymore ....it's dis bad
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by esoket1776: 8:44am On Aug 14, 2017
O boy! Nigerian police is truly your friend. Indeed.
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by onos217(m): 9:00am On Aug 14, 2017
These are dangerous times indeed
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by sinaj(f): 9:17am On Aug 14, 2017
Lexusgs430:
The only stranger I would happily pick up is, Sinaj....... She cannot hurt a fly of mosquito, with those her innocent eyes.........
lolll

Good Morin dear.
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by sorepco(m): 9:20am On Aug 14, 2017
Guy anything can happen. Bad people get to u at times thru ur kind gestures.
Some one told of how he n his dad gave a uniformed police officer a lift....after dropping him on tn the way , as they were leaving...a bullet rolled towards his dad's legs. The old man picked it up ..woubd down the window and threw it off! After about mins of driving they reached a checkpoint . The policemen searched their car for an hour n a half to no avail. They asked them what they were looking for but the officers kept mute. Dont u think it was the officer they gave a ride who tried to smear dem?? Things r happening n we need to be vigilant bruh!!

Leez:

if i tell u i neva tire for d lies ehnnn e mean say i dy lie
jst dy formulate stories for clicks
kai
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by stagger: 9:28am On Aug 14, 2017
Cmanforall:

I disagree with you. Sorry.
I give people lift, especially when you know the public transport links are somehow poor. For instance, traveling from my village to our capital city... If you've got enough space, give them lift (the rural dwellers). There's nothing like terrorism nor kidnapping. They'll wish you well.
Other important group to help are the Corp members ('Corpers '). With the meagre sum paid to them by state governments (4k or so), they use lifts to cut down their expenses on transportation. And surely they'll appreciate it.
Thanks.

I will beg you to stop now. As in abeg! You cannot account for what the person is carrying or who the person is. I have heard too many horror stories.
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by Leez(m): 9:52am On Aug 14, 2017
sorepco:
Guy anything can happen. Bad people get to u at times thru ur kind gestures.
Some one told of how he n his dad gave a uniformed police officer a lift....after dropping him on tn the way , as they were leaving...a bullet rolled towards his dad's legs. The old man picked it up ..woubd down the window and threw it off! After about mins of driving they reached a checkpoint . The policemen searched their car for an hour n a half to no avail. They asked them what they were looking for but the officers kept mute. Dont u think it was the officer they gave a ride who tried to smear dem?? Things r happening n we need to be vigilant bruh!!

true yarn
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by Yuji: 10:03am On Aug 14, 2017
muller101:
u get bad mouth o.
I just have wisdom. You can get it too. wink
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by muller101(m): 10:04am On Aug 14, 2017
Yuji:

I just have wisdom. You can get it too. wink
grin where
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by NnaNna4(m): 10:10am On Aug 14, 2017
micflo28:
The new way people get their cars snatched especially in fct is that they drive close to you telling you you have flat tires, when you stop alight to check it, the come push you out enter your car and zoom off. In addition park your cars where it is very safe, most car thiefs are mechanics and they force your cars open through the rubber casing around your car door unlock it with a metal string. Let's not fall victims.

There was a day I was in zone4 techno repair office and as I was about to enter I saw a man crying aloud only to discover that some guys tailed him to an adjacent hotel and broke his front screen without any noise and took 540k he withdrew from zenith to give to a supplier. I pitied that man.
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by Yuji: 10:22am On Aug 14, 2017
muller101:
grin where
From God who else? King Solomon got his from him too grin
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by muller101(m): 10:29am On Aug 14, 2017
Yuji:

From God who else? King Solomon got his from him too grin
I don't need Solomon kind of wisdom.so I won't end up marrying 700wives and 300 concubines
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by NnaNna4(m): 10:29am On Aug 14, 2017
Lexusgs430:
The only stranger I would happily pick up is, Sinaj....... She cannot hurt a fly of mosquito, with those her innocent eyes.........

Na so the thing they start...o

A man told of how he left Lagos to Benin or so. As he was going he saw a lady waving down. To have a company he picked her up. From gist to rubbing laps to branch in a hotel. They had a quick one and continued. But along the road the lady requested to ease herself and that's the last he saw her.

He waited and waited and couldn't see any sign of her coming. He even went to the place she squatted yet no sign so the man enter his car and flung the lady's hand bag and zoomed off.

But when it was time to make love to his wife he couldn't get an erection NO ELECTRIC CURRENT. That was when he realised that he had been toying with PHCN.
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by Lexusgs430: 10:34am On Aug 14, 2017
NnaNna4:

A man told of how he left Lagos to Benin or so. As he was going he saw a lady waving down. To have a company he picked her up. From gist to rubbing laps to branch in a hotel. They had a quick one and continued. But along the road the lady requested to ease herself and that's the last he saw her.

He waited and waited and couldn't see any sign of her coming. He even went to the place she squatted yet no sign so the man enter his car and flung the lady's hand bag and zoomed off.

But when it was time to make love to his wife he couldn't get an erection NO ELECTRIC CURRENT. That was when he realised that he had been toying with PHCN.

Are you insinuating my Darling Sinaj is a mammywater or from the marine spirit world?

Don't worry I get Victor Nwafor song inside my mota..... 'if you see mammywater, neva neva u run away'.... Sinaj, my PHCN is available for you to toy with........

2 Likes

Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by sinaj(f): 10:40am On Aug 14, 2017
NnaNna4:

haba! Na only me get diz epistle grin

So sombori cannot render help to another person again abi

1 Like

Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by kherlly(m): 10:42am On Aug 14, 2017
I hardly pick stranger on the road.. .. But open thanks for this post
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by Yuji: 10:44am On Aug 14, 2017
muller101:
I don't need Solomon kind of wisdom.so I won't end up marrying 700wives and 300 concubines
That was his personal choice. You must not do what he did but be as wise as him.
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by toastedbread: 10:49am On Aug 14, 2017
sh!t happens along that east-west highway.

Well, you can't give lift when you're riding a 1200cc.

as for y'all doubting if the police searches underseat: keep one plastic coke around, carry an iPhone, wear a cheap invicta, put an aviator on your forehead, wear kobe's jersey, have 2 goldplated chainz on your neck and drive a camry.
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by muller101(m): 10:53am On Aug 14, 2017
Yuji:

That was his personal choice. You must not do what he did but be as wise as him.
my personal choice in this context is for men to fear women grin
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by nkemdi89(f): 11:05am On Aug 14, 2017
cooljude:

Chai, the man wouldn't recover from this nightmare.
Its very unfortunate.
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by Yuji: 11:05am On Aug 14, 2017
muller101:
my personal choice in this context is for men to fear women grin
Yes just like you fear your female relatives. Good for you. grin

1 Like

Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by micflo28(m): 12:56pm On Aug 14, 2017
NnaNna4:

There was a day I was in zone4 techno repair office and as I was about to enter I saw a man crying aloud only to discover that some guys tailed him to an adjacent hotel and broke his front screen without any noise and took 540k he withdrew from zenith to give to a supplier. I pitied that man.
. Chai... abuja is becoming so unsafe without security agencies knowing it.
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by muller101(m): 1:26pm On Aug 14, 2017
Yuji:

Yes just like you fear your female relatives. Good for you. grin
I said all women. Including u grin
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by gr8tone: 3:43pm On Aug 14, 2017
Caustics:
shocked i am a policeman. police dont do such things. we are disciplined
what? Fake police officer
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by Yuji: 5:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
muller101:
I said all women. Including u grin
Yes you should fear us,only weak men do anyways grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by muller101(m): 5:44pm On Aug 14, 2017
Yuji:

Yes you should fear us,only weak men do anyways grin cheesy
no . Smart men does that.
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by Yuji: 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2017
muller101:
no . Smart men does that.
Weak guy. Go and learn how to handle a woman grin tongue Emotional intelligence is not physical power. wink

1 Like

Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by bal4real: 7:27pm On Aug 14, 2017
dilemaguy:
This is what I do when I am stopped on the highway by a stranger.

I slow down, roll my glass down and smile gently to the person. Afterwards, I roll my glass back up and voom!

Nobody can be trusted in this world again o
Lol, my guy u funny. Na to smile at him/her the person stop u for?
Re: Picking Random People On The Highway While Travelling by jozz(m): 7:20pm On Aug 15, 2017
[quote author=nkemdi89 post=59448996]A man once assisted a pregnant woman in his car in the company of his wife and 3 sons, on getting to a lonely junction she started complaining of full bladder, not knowing she was among a kidnapping and ritualist syndicate. The family were waylaid and ordered to release one of their sons or they would kill them all, he had to release his son named simon and they were instructed to enter their vehicle and drive off, he quickly reported at the next police check point, unfortunately the deed has been done, the boy was killed and organs removed. What still haunt the man, was the son's last word which was " daddy why me"

Heard about same story.said to have happened few yrs ago around mowe

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! / US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications / How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.