Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja (30091 Views)

About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon / Female Pastor Lifts Catholic Blessed Sacrament. See Reactions (Photos) / BREAKING NEWS : A Monstrance/ Blessed Sacrament Stolen From A Cathedral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by stephenUgh(m): 10:30pm On Aug 12, 2017
abitex577:
Why protest? Why not allow God to take vengeance? Do they want to help God? I don't understand these protest.

pls read d story again.
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by contactikenna(m): 11:14pm On Aug 12, 2017
I believe recession is at its peak when stealing church fund is no longer enough...may God see us through
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by flairlady(f): 11:25pm On Aug 12, 2017
okekekelechib:
I don't understand ooooo.
Stealing d blessed sacrament is d biggest evil to do on earth... May God heal n forgive such a soul.
How so?Stealing a piece of metal is worse than rape,murder or terrorism?

1 Like

Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by lalababy(f): 11:52pm On Aug 12, 2017
NoWorries7:
How can that thing be blessed? Keep on worshipping the sun, and Queen of heaven...

who ask. for your opinion. crawl back to the pit you came out from
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by Jecciluscious(f): 12:13am On Aug 13, 2017
That's how people will be bringing curse upon themselves.
Why this act?
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by oyienootieno: 12:21am On Aug 13, 2017
mschubby:
Biko mind what you say..... If you don't believe in God then sharrap and stop spewing trash

Who shut you up? Allow him/her to voice their opinion.
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by Originalsly: 2:09am On Aug 13, 2017
Hmmm.... why would they pray to God about the loss of a " Blessed Sacrament /Idol" when God said we must not have such? If you ask me... the thief has removed a barrier between that church and God.... and the priests are protesting and praying for God to recover the barrier. Wow!
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by linearity: 2:56am On Aug 13, 2017
Sebastine1994:
Why would any sensible person what to steal such item. Its not real gold and its conspicuous. You will be easily found out unless tucked in one corner of your room.
Its kind of funny. Just like those home videos where they steal the communities oracle

The Blessed Sacrament is actually the consecrated wafer placed in the monstrance.

If you have seen catholic during Corpo Christi, that procession that takes them through the town...you would have noticed the Reverend Father holding something up, it is called the monstrance and inside is the consecrated wafer called the blessed sacrament.

It is edible...the person must be hungry or need an overdose of the blessings of God by eating the consecrated body of His Son.

1 Like

Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by DonatusAdorns(m): 3:20am On Aug 13, 2017
NoWorries7:
How can that thing be blessed? Keep on worshipping the sun, and Queen of heaven...
You well so....
address the topic, attack not, you have your beliefs... Mpi
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by hardon1(m): 4:12am On Aug 13, 2017
Sebastine1994:
Why would any sensible person what to steal such item. Its not real gold and its conspicuous. You will be easily found out unless tucked in one corner of your room.
Its kind of funny. Just like those home videos where they steal the communities oracle
What they are talking about the gold plated carrier, that may not be what they stole. its probably the host in it.
Some native doctors demand it(the consecreted host) for ritual.
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by InvertedHammer: 5:02am On Aug 13, 2017
I wonder why people protest and fight war for God.

The thieves stole the blessed Sacraments. God knows to do the needful unless the priests don't believe in the power of God.

\
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by bionixs: 5:47am On Aug 13, 2017
NoWorries7:
why take what doesnt belong to you. Meanwhile, catholic church, take time o. What is tne meaning of that thing na? Idol worship no fit una
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by uyicos: 5:51am On Aug 13, 2017
Sebastine1994:
don't be deceived it's 100 percent real gold, it's been stolen a lot by ignorant people
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by sweetgala(m): 7:11am On Aug 13, 2017
1stCitizen:
So the thieves will return it after this protest abi? Dem no fit pray inside dem house or church?

It is a protest of defiance, collective supplication and request for forgiveness
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by sweetgala(m): 7:12am On Aug 13, 2017
NoWorries7:

Of what religious persuasion are you
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by patola080(m): 8:22am On Aug 13, 2017
mschubby:
Biko mind what you say..... If you don't believe in God then sharrap and stop spewing trash
let him b talking like a great fool,uselee some body
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by mecussey(m): 8:25am On Aug 13, 2017
fingard02k:
SEE PHOTOS OF PRIESTS DEMOSTRATING >>> http://www.enzyhub.com/rev-fathers-protest-stealing-of-the-blessed-sacrament-from-the-church-in-lokoja-pics/

They should buy another one na...person wey steal am na, go get cheap popularity.
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by Mosb(m): 8:39am On Aug 13, 2017
NoWorries7:
Catholicism and Christianity has nothing in common... Catholicism is a cult... Whose foundation is the pagan Queen of heaven...

Luke 22:19
Matthew 26:26-29
1 Corinthians 10:16
Luke 24:30
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by Mosb(m): 8:41am On Aug 13, 2017
NoWorries7:
I pray that he open your eyes... I PROPHECY that a day will come, when you will open a thread glorifying GOD for setting you free, from the traps of Catholicism...
And judgement is on the way...

Just listen to yourself... Nobody talks ill about your church. We ask you do the same please.
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by Mosb(m): 8:49am On Aug 13, 2017
flairlady:

How so?Stealing a piece of metal is worse than rape,murder or terrorism?
Don't misunderstand him please... All those things you mentioned are terrible also... But it's not just a piece of metal.. Its what was inside that was stolen. And stealing from any church at all is a bad thing
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by freshinko: 9:25am On Aug 13, 2017
Abomination!! This one belongs to God, why taking it to Caesar? I know Caesar will not accept the gift, he will definitely send the thief back. God have mercy..
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by Raiders1973: 9:40am On Aug 13, 2017
But the point is what exactly is that thing?worshipping God with another idol?that thing is not real forget nothing will happen to that thief I tell you.You only worshipp God with spirit and truth.not with a staff .like babalawo own abeg
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 13, 2017
Idiots, they wont protest against injustice, killing of innocent people, bad governance and corruption.
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by gemale(m): 10:36am On Aug 13, 2017
WINDSOW:
How can the body of Catholics place a huge adoration for an object-Blessed sacrament. This is idolatry. If it aint Jesus, it's nothing. - (ex-catholic)
But it is Jesus. If you read the bible, you would know that what you call it (the host) is the body of Jesus Christ. Unless you can claim that Jesus was joking when He said at the last supper "take & eat, this is my body which would be given up for you". If you were indeed a catholic, you don't know what you have lost. Hurry back to the fold & resume dining at the Lord's table. What you call nothing is what Jesus spoke about in the Gospel of St John chapter 6 "unless you eat the body of the son of man and drink His blood, you have no life in you", "whoever eats my flesh & drinks my blood has everlasting life & I would raise him up on the last day", "whoever eats my flesh & drinks my blood abides in me & i in him" etc. After Jesus made these statements, the wheat was separated from the chaff. Many said "this is a hard saying" & left while the true followers remained. In what category do you fall into? Let your conscience be your judge. The belief of the presence of Jesus, body & blood, soul & divinity is 1 of the ways 1 can know whether he/she is following Jesus because of perishable bread & fish or because as St peter said when asked by Jesus why he didn't leave with those fair weather followers "to whom do we go to? You have the word of eternal life". When the host is lifted up, doesn't the words of Jesus Christ to Nicodemus in john 3 resonate within you "just as Moses lifted up the bronze serpent in the desert so must the son of man be lifted up so that whoever looks unto Him may have life eternal"? Ask God to anoint your eyes with salve that you may see beyond mere unleavened wafer to behold our Lord Jesus Christ in His glory & be transformed to His image.

1 Like

Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by gemale(m): 10:52am On Aug 13, 2017
NoWorries7:
Catholicism and Christianity has nothing in common... Catholicism is a cult... Whose foundation is the pagan Queen of heaven...
Have you ever been to mass before? Have you ever asked a priest to explain whatever grey areas you have regarding the doctrines of the church? You stand from a view of ignorance & castigate the church whose founder was Christ Himself. Who made you judge? If the catholic church has nothing in common with Christianity, then every other denomination has even lesser than the catholic church does with Christianity because the bible was compiled by the catholic church.

2 Likes

Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by NairaEffect(m): 11:32am On Aug 13, 2017
montygo:
I weak

Happy new weak. grin
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by NSK4U(m): 11:58am On Aug 13, 2017
To all of you speaking against the BLESSED SACRAMENT, may God hold not your sins against your descendants IJN(in very Rev. Fr. Mbaka's voice).

whatever chain of ignorance satan had used to connect you to himself, be free, I say be free IJN. you are free, you and your generation are free, begin to confess your freedom now, begin to confess your release.....(in very prophet TB Joshua's voice).

Hail Mary, mother of purity, pray for US all, Amen!
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2017
sweetgala:

It is a protest of defiance, collective supplication and request for forgiveness

Defiance to unrepentant thieves that will strike again at the slightest opportunity. Such effort should be directed towards intense prayer devoid of exhibition.

Collective supplication and request for forgiveness need not be carried out like a parade. That is why we have church buildings and prayer camps.
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by philiancoop(m): 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2017
Alexandro15:

I hope you know that the ark of the covenant was captured many times in the bible?
And without any input from the Israelites, the ark destroyed the temple of the captors and they returned it by themselves and by the way, there's no need for the ark anymore Jesus is here now. Worship has upgraded to spirit and truth
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by OnyiCindy11(f): 2:27pm On Aug 13, 2017
What is this world turning into, stealing the blessed sacrament is it hunger or anything. Cos this kind of story weak me. May the Lord save us. Stealing in his house. Bitcoins, PayPal available check Nairaomm.com kiss

Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by MiddleDimension: 3:42pm On Aug 13, 2017
gemale:

But it is Jesus. If you read the bible, you would know that what you call it (the host) is the body of Jesus Christ. Unless you can claim that Jesus was joking when He said at the last supper "take & eat, this is my body which would be given up for you". If you were indeed a catholic, you don't know what you have lost. Hurry back to the fold & resume dining at the Lord's table. What you call nothing is what Jesus spoke about in the Gospel of St John chapter 6 "unless you eat the body of the son of man and drink His blood, you have no life in you", "whoever eats my flesh & drinks my blood has everlasting life & I would raise him up on the last day", "whoever eats my flesh & drinks my blood abides in me & i in him" etc. After Jesus made these statements, the wheat was separated from the chaff. Many said "this is a hard saying" & left while the true followers remained. In what category do you fall into? Let your conscience be your judge. The belief of the presence of Jesus, body & blood, soul & divinity is 1 of the ways 1 can know whether he/she is following Jesus because of perishable bread & fish or because as St peter said when asked by Jesus why he didn't leave with those fair weather followers "to whom do we go to? You have the word of eternal life". When the host is lifted up, doesn't the words of Jesus Christ to Nicodemus in john 3 resonate within you "just as Moses lifted up the bronze serpent in the desert so must the son of man be lifted up so that whoever looks unto Him may have life eternal"? Ask God to anoint your eyes with salve that you may see beyond mere unleavened wafer to behold our Lord Jesus Christ in His glory & be transformed to His image.

joeagbaje, donnie, and CE et al, come and see someone speaking rhema, epignosis, or teaching the word here oo.
Re: Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja by donnie(m): 5:06pm On Aug 13, 2017
MiddleDimension:

joeagbaje, donnie, and CE et al, come and see someone speaking rhema, epignosis, or teaching the word here oo.

Where is the Word? The power of communion is not in the ability to turn bread to actual flesh and blood but in the proclamation of faith, based on that sacrifice of Jesus on Calvary.

When you break the bread and drink the cup, you activate the blessings of Jesus' death and resurrection in your life. 1Cor11:26 "For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes".

It is not in wether it became actual human flesh and blood but in the testimony of that sacrament.

-----------------------------------------------------------------modified:

Why you even mention my name sef... wetin consign me there?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Officer Preaching In A Bus. Photos / Images From The Christian Inquisition / Bishop Oyedepo: How To Handle Insults

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.