Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,768 members, 7,813,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Why You Should Never Be Late To Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Never Be Late To Church (11086 Views)

Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by TreasuredLeidy(f): 8:12am On Aug 13, 2017
Camlot000007:
Honestly waking up on a Sunday morning like this with terrible hunger after realizing the last meal on you was yesterday breakfast. Am a student here in Ogun state, and this month family is facing financial instability, had to suffer somehow for the time being, pls any one that can help me with some token just to feed for some days will really appreciate. I had wish to go to church today, but honestly the fear of collapsing while praying settled me down

Pls If ain't ready to help don't yab me
Thanks
Soo, if u stay @home, the hunger will disappear ba?
Oga go church, sing, worship and pray with the congregation. When everyone is standing, u can sit and if any usher comes to tell u to stand up, tell him/her that you are veery hungry. They can help
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by grafitti(m): 8:14am On Aug 13, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:

Know this today, anytime you go to Church one minute late, you have NOT attended Church at all

Kpakam!
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by xerxes456(m): 8:16am On Aug 13, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
LATENESS TO CHURCH

Ever since I was born, I have not seen many people arrive late to the airport when they are traveling. In fact, when the plane is taking off at 11:00pm, the person will be at the airport by 7:00pm, wow!

That's how much people value travelling overseas!!

Same when they have to go to court they will be at that Court not less than 30 minutes before the appointed time.

But on a Sunday morning when Church has long begun, that's when you see men and women with 'swag' gliding like a wounded tortoise to Church.

They know they are late,

Church starts at 08:00 am ,but people will come at 08:30am or 10: 00 am, why? They think all they need is just to be present and show their faces to their friends.

Just take the test to call them on Monday at 5:30 or 6:00 am , you'll realise they are already on their way to work and some will be there already.

Know this today, anytime you go to Church one minute late, you have NOT attended Church at all.

If Christ is saying 'where
two or three are gathered, I'm in their midst', you think He comes late? The time you give is the time He keeps.

What does it mean to arrive late to Church?

1) Disrespect to Christ

2) Betrayal of Christ

3) Disregard to the Church and the Pastor

4) Interruption of an eternal program

God bless. Shalom
stop peddling false doctrine... can you substantiate these claims with scriptural backing... you're adding to the word of God... stop adding. the church is in the heart, that physical gathering is a place we go to edify one another and encourage each other, we also come together to experience God's presence in a special way and to go out and preach the word, it's a place of fellowship and a place of solace, but there's no where in the scriptures where it's stated as wrong or right to be late or not, it's a personal thing, if a person choose to be late for whatever reason it's between him and God, lateness to church can only be wrong on personal basis... as in if you have a date and time arrangement with someone or the church or the pastor at the church venue and you decide to go late, it's between you and that person... we like law too much... na Wa o... remember the letter killed but the spirit gives life, let's stop putting up so much letters to the point life is snuffed out of Christianity, let the spirit of God take control bro... stop being a control freak, let God do his work on us...

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by xerxes456(m): 8:19am On Aug 13, 2017
stop peddling false doctrine... can you substantiate these claims with scriptural backing... you're adding to the word of God... stop adding. the church is in the heart, that physical gathering is a place we go to edify one another and encourage each other, we also come together to experience God's presence in a special way and to go out and preach the word, it's a place of fellowship and a place of solace, but there's no where in the scriptures where it's stated as wrong or right to be late or not, it's a personal thing, if a person choose to be late for whatever reason it's between him and God, lateness to church can only be wrong on personal basis... as in if you have a date and time arrangement with someone or the church or the pastor at the church venue and you decide to go late, it's between you and that person... it's an etiquette issue not a scriptural issue... we like law too much... na Wa o... remember the letter killed but the spirit gives life, let's stop putting up so much letters to the point life is snuffed out of Christianity, let the spirit of God take control bro... stop being a control freak, let God do his work on us...

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by Yuji: 8:35am On Aug 13, 2017
MadCow1:
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.. This article is a bloody lie and brought to you from the pits of Hell.

First and foremost brethren. . THE CHURCH IS NOT THE HOUSE OF GOD. It's is just a place where Christians gather to praise and worship God. Jesus only mentioned Church once when he spoke to Peter and said "Upon this rock, I will build my Church".. Peter was not a piece of land nor was he a building.

Going to Church isn't a commandment of God or even Jesus, it was an admonition by Apostle Paul (a.k.a the Christian killer name Saul).

Where two or three are Gathered, I am there. Meaning if you can get three people together in your house, God is there with you.

Going to Church late isn't disrespectful to God.. Nobody will make it into heaven just because they went to Church deligently neither will anyone go to Hell for missing Church or coming late.

If a Pastor feels disrespected by late coming, that is his personal problem and a matter of ego and pride (two things which God hates).

Finally the Church Program isn't an eternal program. It is a program of Man. In your local neighbourhood, there are more than 20 churches running 20 different programs at the same darn time. God is not a God of confusion.

Please Christians, you must never lose sight of why you are a Christian which is the sacrifice of Christ on the cross. You must never lose sight of why you go to church which is to fellowship to deter with brethren to give prises to God not to your Pastor. You must never lose sight of who is important in your Life, which is God not your Pastors.

A Church building is not the house of God. It is just a building where Christians congregate. God is everywhere now according to the Bible.

Apostle MadCow. .
1 million likes. Best comment here. Not all churchgoers are Christians and not all Christians go to church. Religion is man-made and a scam. Just do what is right and you can make heaven. cool

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by Samsimple(m): 8:38am On Aug 13, 2017
This op sounds like dose fake pastors that like tithes and offering but gives he's member only hope...op abeg shift...
The best church to attend early na d one dem dey share rice...
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by Pataricatering(f): 8:40am On Aug 13, 2017
What can Jesus do if I steal? What can he do if I fornicate? Or commit adultery - absolutely nothing ! Why do you think the world is what it is today - because God can do NOTHING ! We all know this deep, deep down in our hearts but claim belief and fear of God . So please what would God do if you go to church late Nothing! That's why people church late but won't go to work late - there are consequences to going to work late! And it's only going to get worse ! Lol .
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by taiyeayodeji: 8:41am On Aug 13, 2017
its wrong when coming late becomes an habit,assuming the timing of God for a particular thing was 8am and you happenned to be there by 11pm.You missed it and may take several years to recover.However there are really no standard rule about coming to church,the purpose or reason for being late determines if it is wrong or right.God judges the heart and motive of everything, if coming to church late was caused by a situation beyond your control, God sees the very heart.Even a sinner that comes to church late may be better than some people who sit down at home and never comes at all.i discourage lateness to church but there are no fixed rules about it.Somebody may wake up feeling very discourage to go to church but he may need encouragement from somebody, this may be a fellow christian or a leader who decides to call him,he may eventually drag himself to church.sometimes it happens.
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by InvertedHammer: 8:41am On Aug 13, 2017
/
Going late to church is good or bad depending on the reason you are going to church. Not everyone goes to church to praise and worship.

//
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by tuscani: 8:43am On Aug 13, 2017
MadCow1:
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.. This article is a bloody lie and brought to you from the pits of Hell.

First and foremost brethren. . THE CHURCH IS NOT THE HOUSE OF GOD. It's is just a place where Christians gather to praise and worship God. Jesus only mentioned Church once when he spoke to Peter and said "Upon this rock, I will build my Church".. Peter was not a piece of land nor was he a building.

Going to Church isn't a commandment of God or even Jesus, it was an admonition by Apostle Paul (a.k.a the Christian killer name Saul).

Where two or three are Gathered, I am there. Meaning if you can get three people together in your house, God is there with you.

Going to Church late isn't disrespectful to God.. Nobody will make it into heaven just because they went to Church deligently neither will anyone go to Hell for missing Church or coming late.

If a Pastor feels disrespected by late coming, that is his personal problem and a matter of ego and pride (two things which God hates).

Finally the Church Program isn't an eternal program. It is a program of Man. In your local neighbourhood, there are more than 20 churches running 20 different programs at the same darn time. God is not a God of confusion.

Please Christians, you must never lose sight of why you are a Christian which is the sacrifice of Christ on the cross. You must never lose sight of why you go to church which is to fellowship to deter with brethren to give prises to God not to your Pastor. You must never lose sight of who is important in your Life, which is God not your Pastors.

A Church building is not the house of God. It is just a building where Christians congregate. God is everywhere now according to the Bible.

Apostle MadCow. .
okooh!!! You dey provoke ooh
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by rose54321: 8:43am On Aug 13, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
LATENESS TO CHURCH

Ever since I was born, I have not seen many people arrive late to the airport when they are traveling. In fact, when the plane is taking off at 11:00pm, the person will be at the airport by 7:00pm, wow!

God bless. Shalom

OP I agree with all you've said except the above.
People arrive early to the airport cause most have a NON REFUNDABLE ticket. It's the fear of losing money that makes people punctual. Same applies to work, etc.

But to church there's no apparent loss, atleast not in the interim anyways, that's why people casualize it.

Same with committing sin, no immediate repercussion, God is patient so people abuse that.

Anywho, I'm also guilty of arriving late to church, need to work on it.
My reason though is that most Pentecostal churches now have too many "routines" before actually preaching the gospel. Those days, just worship and preaching, now eh, oboy 1 hour after and nothing. Just announcements announcement.
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by tuscani: 8:55am On Aug 13, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
LATENESS TO CHURCH

Same when they have to go to court they will be at that Court not less than 30 minutes before the appointed time.

But on a Sunday morning when Church has long begun, that's when you see men and women with 'swag' gliding like a wounded tortoise to Church.

They know they are late,

Church starts at 08:00 am ,but people will come at 08:30am or 10: 00 am, why? They think all they need is just to be present and show their faces to their friends.

Just take the test to call them on Monday at 5:30 or 6:00 am , you'll realise they are already on their way to work and some will be there already.

Know this today, anytime you go to Church one minute late, you have NOT attended Church at all.

two or three are gathered, I'm in their midst', you think He comes late? The time you give is the time He keeps.

1) Disrespect to Christ

2) Betrayal of Christ

God bless. Shalom
Your conclusion that if you are late to church means you did not attend at all., That is very wrong. What about on your way you to church you met accident victims and decides to help, and that makes you to be late. Or is better you leave them there and be running to church to do what ?
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 13, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
LATENESS TO CHURCH

They know they are late,

1) Disrespect to Christ

2) Betrayal of Christ

God bless. Shalom

God didn't create man to go to church multiple times per week. God created man to be independent of him, we were given free will because we are not angels........ Buh devil who cum be angel cum de fight God. lmfao.

Jesus went to church 4 times a year
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 13, 2017
There can be circumstances that could cause one to go late to church. Circumstances that could even be beyond the person's control and somehow the person manages it and still finds himself in church. Does that mean the person has committed a sin?
Please let's not be too religious here. God knows the thoughts and intentions of every man.
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by lereinter(m): 10:07am On Aug 13, 2017
punctuality is a virtue to imbibe at all places....
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by ifko: 10:32am On Aug 13, 2017
this reminds me of d revelation I had in 2012 when God told me I went to church three times in 2011. hmm I was arguing in d revelation that it s not true y would u said I was in church three times for a whole year and d angel said immediately an opening prayer take off in a church their is an angel on ground to take attendance so everyone that comes after then are on there own. I open my eyes. that change my attitude since then. God help us. this race deserve more than we put.
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by ifko: 10:34am On Aug 13, 2017
rose54321:

OP I agree with all you've said except the above.
People arrive early to the airport cause most have a NON REFUNDABLE ticket. It's the fear of losing money that makes people punctual. Same applies to work, etc.

But to church there's no apparent loss, atleast not in the interim anyways, that's why people casualize it.

Same with committing sin, no immediate repercussion, God is patient so people abuse that.

Anywho, I'm also guilty of arriving late to church, need to work on it.
My reason though is that most Pentecostal churches now have too many "routines" before actually preaching the gospel. Those days, just worship and preaching, now eh, oboy 1 hour after and nothing. Just announcements announcement.

Anytng they are doing before preaching pls join them. God will help us.
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by ifko: 10:50am On Aug 13, 2017
xerxes456:
stop peddling false doctrine... can you substantiate these claims with scriptural backing... you're adding to the word of God... stop adding. the church is in the heart, that physical gathering is a place we go to edify one another and encourage each other, we also come together to experience God's presence in a special way and to go out and preach the word, it's a place of fellowship and a place of solace, but there's no where in the scriptures where it's stated as wrong or right to be late or not, it's a personal thing, if a person choose to be late for whatever reason it's between him and God, lateness to church can only be wrong on personal basis... as in if you have a date and time arrangement with someone or the church or the pastor at the church venue and you decide to go late, it's between you and that person... it's an etiquette issue not a scriptural issue... we like law too much... na Wa o... remember the letter killed but the spirit gives life, let's stop putting up so much letters to the point life is snuffed out of Christianity, let the spirit of God take control bro... stop being a control freak, let God do his work on us...
since it was not slated on ur appointment letter to resume work 7am y can't u choose to go by 9 or 11atimes and see d response of your employer.
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by henryhemon(m): 12:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
LATENESS TO CHURCH

They know they are late,

1) Disrespect to Christ

2) Betrayal of Christ

God bless. Shalom

@Op,
There are churches you go to,You just want to listen to sermon and go your way,the other things they do will disgust you. If I attend such churches it's a very big Yes to going to church late infact I will only wait for the timing of sermon to be preached.
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by octopusfreaky(f): 12:30pm On Aug 13, 2017
MadCow1:

Finally the Church Program isn't an eternal program. It is a program of Man. In your local neighbourhood, [/sub]
. One reason why you need to be connected to a church family is to fulfill your calling to serve other believers in practical ways. The Bible says, "All of you together are Christ's body, and each one of you is a separate and necessary part of it." Your service is desperately needed in the Body of Christ-just look for any local church. Each of us has a role to play, and every role is important. There is no small service to God; it all matters. Culled from Purpose-Driven life
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by MadCow1: 12:50pm On Aug 13, 2017
octopusfreaky:
. One reason why you need to be connected to a church family is to fulfill your calling to serve other believers in practical ways. The Bible says, "All of you together are Christ's body, and each one of you is a separate and necessary part of it." Your service is desperately needed in the Body of Christ-just look for any local church. Each of us has a role to play, and every role is important. There is no small service to God; it all matters. Culled from Purpose-Driven life

Matthew 19:16 - 22 And someone came to Him and said, “Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?” 17And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.”18Then he said to Him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER; YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY; YOU SHALL NOT STEAL; YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS; 19HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER; and YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.” 20The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept; what am I still lacking?” 21Jesus said to him, “If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” 22But when the young man heard this statement, he went away grieving; for he was one who owned much property.

I don't think his issue was that he was not a giver. Just that he loved his wealth.
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by MadCow1: 12:57pm On Aug 13, 2017
octopusfreaky:

There is no such calling to serve other believers. grin I have read the Bible extensively and know. The only justification for Church is supposed to be for iron to sharpen iron.

The "Body of Christ" is not a Church. It's not a building. I don't have to go to church to be a part of the body of Christ.
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by xerxes456(m): 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2017
Pataricatering:
What can Jesus do if I steal? What can he do if I fornicate? Or commit adultery - absolutely nothing ! Why do you think the world is what it is today - because God can do NOTHING ! We all know this deep, deep down in our hearts but claim belief and fear of God . So please what would God do if you go to church late Nothing! That's why people church late but won't go to work late - there are consequences to going to work late! And it's only going to get worse ! Lol .
that's so Narrow minded... the fact that you've not seen a blue whale does that mean it doesn't exist?...
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by bgberbo: 1:41pm On Aug 13, 2017
whitebeard:
Disrespect to GOD going late to church - oga where in the bible did u see that...!!

This is pure religion not Christianity.. Have a nice Sunday.

It not expressly wriiten in the bible. But does not common sense teaches that latesness underscores a lack of self discipline and lack of honor to others ??
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by xerxes456(m): 1:42pm On Aug 13, 2017
ifko:
since it was not slated on ur appointment letter to resume work 7am y can't u choose to go by 9 or 11atimes and see d response of your employer.
the fellowship of brethren and my work or any other place for that matter are two very wide world apart, very wide and parallel world's, the principle of this world that exists in those places do not in anyway apply... the kingdom of God does't operate and will never operate based on man made principles... that fellowship was made for me, not me for that fellowship... going late or not is my loss or profit... and it's between me and God... it does't mean I am more spiritual or not...
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by bzm7: 1:54pm On Aug 14, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
Guess what?? It's 6:50 and I'm already @ Church,
And on NL
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by bzm7: 1:56pm On Aug 14, 2017
xerxes456:
the fellowship of brethren and my work or any other place for that matter are two very wide world apart, very wide and parallel world's, the principle of this world that exists in those places do not in anyway apply... the kingdom of God does't operate and will never operate based on man made principles... that fellowship was made for me, not me for that fellowship... going late or not is my loss or profit... and it's between me and God... it does't mean I am more spiritual or not...

But show respect by keeping your appointments with GOD
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by bzm7: 1:57pm On Aug 14, 2017

xerxes456:
Re: Why You Should Never Be Late To Church by bzm7: 1:59pm On Aug 14, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophet Christian Shola Gives Succour To Flood Victims In Niger Delta / The Word For Today, 2015 - A Daily Devotional / One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.