Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,730 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:37 AM

What Is The Best Way To Apply NPK And Urea Fertilizers On A Rice Farm? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Is The Best Way To Apply NPK And Urea Fertilizers On A Rice Farm? (3642 Views)

Quelea Quelea Bird Attack On My Ofada Rice Farm In 2017 / A Disabled Man Working On His Rice Farm In Zamfara (Photos) / Rotimi Williams, The Owner Of 2nd Largest Rice Farm In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Way To Apply NPK And Urea Fertilizers On A Rice Farm? by justiz5(m): 7:51am On Aug 13, 2017
How do I apply NPK and Urea Fertilizer and in what quantity per hectare on my rice farm?

I have interacted with some rice farmers who are of the opinion that NPK is applied after post emergence herbicide is applied on the rice farm, while Urea comes when the rice is between 45 to 55 days after planting. Others are of the opinion that the reverse should be the case. I am so confused at the moment. I am just going into rice farming for the first time and wouldn't want to follow the wrong approach.

Expert advice needed please.

Cc: Seun, FarmTech, Pavore9, Ken4agent, cheapland, Aky247venture, saliubello, toniete, bigcil2, phyllosilicate, e.t.c
Re: What Is The Best Way To Apply NPK And Urea Fertilizers On A Rice Farm? by phyllosilicate(m): 8:02am On Aug 13, 2017
justiz5:
How do I apply NPK and Urea Fertilizer and in what quantity per hectare on my rice farm?

I have interacted with some rice farmers who are of the opinion that NPK is applied after post emergence herbicide is applied on the rice farm, while Urea comes when the rice is between 45 to 55 days after planting. Others are of the opinion that the reverse should be the case. I am so confused at the moment. I am just going into rice farming for the first time and wouldn't want to follow the wrong approach.

Cc: Seun, FarmTech, Pavore9, Ken4agent, cheapland, Aky247venture, saliubello, toniete, bigcil2, phyllosilicate, e.t.c

The first opinion is valid, NPK applied during planting and urea applied just before penicle initiation as boosting.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Apply NPK And Urea Fertilizers On A Rice Farm? by Beebeehem(m): 8:29am On Aug 13, 2017
Apply NPK after 2-3weeks of planting, then urea after abt 7-8 weeks [color=#000099][/color]
Re: What Is The Best Way To Apply NPK And Urea Fertilizers On A Rice Farm? by phyllosilicate(m): 8:39am On Aug 13, 2017
Beebeehem:
Apply NPK after 2-3weeks of planting, then urea after abt 7-8 weeks [color=#000099][/color]
No sir, rice needs the nutrients from the get go. Basal application of NPK 200-300kg/ha is done preferably at harrowing/planting or at least before seedlings emergence.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Apply NPK And Urea Fertilizers On A Rice Farm? by Ken4agent(m): 9:11am On Aug 13, 2017
justiz5:

Am not into rice farming though, but my input may be of help. NPK is added to soil when a soil analysis indicate insufficiency in the soil. How, when and what Qty of NPK to apply variest and still depends on the soil test outcome.

However, have it mind that NPK contain the essential nutrient like Nitrogen, Phosphorus and potacium in standard Quantity. while Urea contain only Nitrogen. In your case I will advise you add NPK and if after a couple of weeks, you notice any physical symptom of Nitrogen on your rice you can then apply Ureas. Otherwise there is no need...Goodluck

(1) (Reply)

Cassava Flour Available / What Is The Current Price Of Ogunfe (Goat Meat) / My Trap Caught This Big Fish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.