Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

You Would Have Spoken In Tongues If You Were In The Upper Room - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Would Have Spoken In Tongues If You Were In The Upper Room (335 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” / Interpretation Of Tongues Spoken In "Way Maker" By Sinach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Would Have Spoken In Tongues If You Were In The Upper Room by GodsMopol: 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2017
Acts 2:4
KJV:And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as s the Spirit gave them utterance.
AMP:And they were all filled (diffused throughout their souls) with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other (different, foreign) languages (tongues), as the Spirit kept giving them clear and loud expression [in each tongue in appropriate words].

The bolded would have gotten upon you if that event was to happen today, only God knows what your reaction would have been if you were in the upper room. Just saying

But whatsoever were written were written already.

Joel 2:28-29
KJV:And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
AMP:And afterward I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.
KJV:And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
AMP:Even upon the menservants and upon the maidservants in those days will I pour out My Spirit.

My suggestion.
Stop acting like a religious sheeple.
Your faithful,
Godsmopol, a sheeple of religion the Father and the Son Jesus Christ.
Re: You Would Have Spoken In Tongues If You Were In The Upper Room by GodsMopol: 1:44pm On Aug 13, 2017
KJV:And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

AMP:And they were all filled (diffused throughout their souls) with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other (different, foreign) languages (tongues), as the Spirit kept giving them clear and loud expression [in each tongue in appropriate words].

"As" is a dependent variable that many have capitalised upon. But AS depends on the way the spirit wills. They Holy Spirit could choose to follow the AS as He wills, and at the same time choose to use another AS as He also willeth.

My point, if today, I spoke in tongues and someone understand, tomorrow, there might be a change.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Sultan Declares September 1 As Sallah / The Church / What Is The Theme Of Your Church This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.