Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,139 members, 7,821,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue (12541 Views)

AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 / AC Milan Vs Barcelona - UCL (2 - 0) On 20th February 2013 / UCL: AC Milan Vs Arsenal (4 - 0) On 15th February 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by RuuDie(m): 11:33pm On Feb 16, 2010
Just as it was 3/4 seasons back when Milan came to O.T and lost 3-2. . . . . back then it was absolutely certain that they could overturn it but this time the tables are turned and they have to come to O.T looking for a win - not a very admirable position to be in.

We've seen tonight that those tired old legs of the rossoneri cannot go the distance, UTD are surely in the 1/4z.
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by aieromon(m): 11:34pm On Feb 16, 2010
Warreva mahn,Amodu is better than Leonardo.Lemme see how that crappy team'll get a goal in OT;Barca and Inter tried and failed.
SAF is light years ahead tongue
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by Sauron1: 11:35pm On Feb 16, 2010
RuuDie:

Just as it was 3/4 seasons back when Milan came to O.T and lost 3-2. . . . . back then it was absolutely certain that they could overturn it but this time the tables are turned and they have to come to O.T looking for a win - not a very admirable position to be in.

We've seen tonight that those tired old legs of the rossoneri cannot go the distance, UTD are surely in the 1/4z.

We should beat em 3-1 at OT!!!
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by toideve(m): 11:37pm On Feb 16, 2010
i thought Rooney took this match personal
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by SeXyBoNE: 11:39pm On Feb 16, 2010
i realy enjoyed the match

Ronadinho na BORN  footballer

as in God create am, im kom plant footbal for im belle

the ref was shi,.tt
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by SeXyBoNE: 11:40pm On Feb 16, 2010
if u ask me, Milan played well,. more than ManU, i will say luck was against them or rather they didnt take their chances
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 16, 2010
Sauron,
Nani was rubbish.I still maintain:his problem is consistency (and therefore mental),not playing on the right.
Valencia's first contribution was setting up Rooney to score.Something Nani couldn't do while he was on the pitch.
SeXyBoNE:

i realy enjoyed the match

Ronadinho nawas once a BORN  footballer

as in God create am, im kom plant footbal for im belle

the ref was shi,.tt
Correction on the emboldened.All flash and no substance.Even Rafael kept him quiet till the second goal when the youngster goofed.
Don't see him making Brazil's squad to South Africa in the summer
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by aieromon(m): 11:45pm On Feb 16, 2010
Ronaldinho killed the game with his makoosa.he never really threatened Rafael and never tracked back.Seedorf's input was more concise and precise.
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 16, 2010
So Man U actually won with the nonsense they did in first half. How come? Slept off before the second half anyway. tongue
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by SeXyBoNE: 11:48pm On Feb 16, 2010
Eastbay:

Correction on the emboldened.All flash and no substance.Even Rafael kept him quiet till the second goal when the youngster goofed.
Don't see him making Brazil's squad to South Africa in the summer

abeg, no vess ooo, e like say no be the same match we watch
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by RuuDie(m): 11:49pm On Feb 16, 2010
@ sauron,

its not a question of being spoilt - UTD's play can be very annoying atimes; there are times when we just have to be ruthless and shed this notion of showing respect to the opposition.
IMHO this Milan team is 1 that should be put away very easily - see what Inter did to them!? The current AC Milan side is very lightweight, they do not have very good options on the bench, their squad is fcu.king aged to near-extinction, their play is pitiably predictable!!!!!!
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by Ezekwe: 11:51pm On Feb 16, 2010
man u for life up united you have done it again and will keep on doing it grin
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by lordkrato(m): 11:54pm On Feb 16, 2010
It was a no-brainer from the on set who would win.Milan would even lose to Arsenal right now. sad sad sad

Any Milan Fan Should face it.The Team is Old let a lone having a young COACH undecided undecided undecided

Just Traumatic.
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by Ezekwe: 11:56pm On Feb 16, 2010
I trust manu they will keep the flag flaying high
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 16, 2010
SeXyBoNE:

abeg, no vess ooo, e like say no be the same match we watch
I agree.You watched yours on a black-and-white telly with a faulty vertical hold. grin
Just my opinion,anyway.
Ronaldinho isn't the same player since he left Barca.If he was,he would have destroyed United single-handedly
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by RuuDie(m): 11:58pm On Feb 16, 2010
I'm still yet to understand why Fergie chose to play young rafael over brown on the RHS of our defence - the defence was always lopsided on that side and sorta imbalanced the entire backline.

In O.T, i just want to see the shackles taken off. . . . 2 strikers up top giving em hell - enough showing respect, i think its time other teams started showing us some respect too!
angry

lord krato:

It was a no-brainer from the on set who would win.Milan would even lose to Arsenal right now. sad sad sad

Any Milan Fan Should face it.The Team is Old let a lone having a young COACH undecided undecided undecided

Just Traumatic.

Well said!
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by Sauron1: 12:02am On Feb 17, 2010
RuuDie:

@ sauron,
its not a question of being spoilt - UTD's play can be very annoying atimes; there are times when we just have to be ruthless and shed this notion of showing respect to the opposition.
IMHO this Milan team is 1 that should be put away very easily - see what Inter did to them!? The current AC Milan side is very lightweight, they do not have very good options on the bench, their squad is fcu.king aged to near-extinction, their play is pitiably predictable!!!!!!

What Inter did to them does not come into play here!!! Inter V AC Milan is a derby game.
Form goes outta the window in such games and besides, United had a mental block. We have never scored at San Siro so you don't expect things to go smoothly especially after conceding in the first 3 mins.

Eastbay:

Sauron,
Nani was rubbish.I still maintain:his problem is consistency (and therefore mental),not playing on the right.
Valencia's first contribution was setting up Rooney to score.Something Nani couldn't do while he was on the pitch.

Nani wasn't rubbish. Our strikers were flat-footed.
Half of the crosses he supplied were good crosses but our performance was generally poor in the 1st half.
Valencia came in when Favalli was fazzed out. He is 38 years of age so the odds favoured Valencia to have him skinned. . . .Nani had to deal with Antonini.
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by SeXyBoNE: 12:05am On Feb 17, 2010
Eastbay:

I agree.You watched yours on a black-and-white telly with a faulty vertical hold. grin
Just my opinion,anyway.
Ronaldinho isn't the same player since he left Barca.If he was,he would have destroyed United single-handedly

thank you very much, na black and white i for watch my own.

He scored the first goal and created the second one, isn't that enuf?

so u want make im kill imself b4 u go kno say im try abi? abeg if we see truth make we talk am
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by Nobody: 12:08am On Feb 17, 2010
Antonini ain't of the same quality with Clichy  (as bad as he is right now)yet we saw what Nani did to him at the Emirates.
I doubt if he's a natural full back.Yet Nani couldn't get past him and deliver a cross to pick out Rooney or anyone else in the box.
Valencia literally placed the ball on rooney's dome for his first and United's second.
SeXyBoNE:

thank you very much, na black and white i for watch my own.

He scored the first goal and created the second one, isn't that enuf?

so u want make im kill imself b4 u go kno say im try abi? abeg if we see truth make we talk am
First goal-massive deflection,so i wouldn't be rooting for him on that one.
Assist-over-excited teenager (Rafael) strayed out of position:essentially a defensive blunder.
Why won't he shine?
If I say you watched it in black-and-white,you go dey voke.My point still remains:Ronaldinho is not the same player since he left Barca.If he Tried,what do we say of Fletcher?
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by chamotex(m): 12:11am On Feb 17, 2010
~Sauron~:

But we still WON away from home.
I think United fans are too spoilt these days.

How many teams can go to a fully-packed San Siro and score 3 goals?
Give credits to the lads. U woulda taken 1-1 result after the 1st half when every player on the pitch had a stinker.

This tie is effectively over.
I hope Fergie starts Obertan, Owen, Fabio, Gibson and Diouf in the return leg at OT!!!

Blame it on Fergie cheesy
If I'm spoilt then so are you grin
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by RuuDie(m): 12:13am On Feb 17, 2010
@ Sauron,

pls be objective. . . .  we had only 1 striker on the field and a midfield that was very slow in pushing up into the opposition's box. . . .  so half the time, there was only Rooney in th box to aim at - the crosses had to be pinpoint or put in a dangerous for Rooney to have a chance to attack. Nani just played the balls in without taking time to get his bearings. See how well-placed all the 3 crosses that resulted in goals were!?
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by aieromon(m): 12:14am On Feb 17, 2010
@Sauron
Nani's performance was sub-par.He never threatened the RB and the three tymes(i think),he made a pullout,you could see the disgusting look on Rooney's face. lipsrsealed
IMO,Park had a better game while Valencia's cross was spot on.
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by Sauron1: 12:21am On Feb 17, 2010
aieromon:

@Sauron
Nani's performance was sub-par.He never threatened the RB and the three tymes(i think),he made a pullout,you could see the disgusting look on Rooney's face. lipsrsealed
IMO,Park had a better game while Valencia's cross was spot on.

Nani's interplay were brilliant at times.
A good striker can make a rubbish cross look excellent. Rooney was shocking in the first half, abeg.
He made no runs to attack at least 3 of Nani's excellent crosses.

RuuDie:

@ Sauron,

pls be objective. . . .  we had only 1 striker on the field and a midfield that was very slow in pushing up into the opposition's box. . . .  so half the time, there was only Rooney in th box to aim at - the crosses had to be pinpoint or put in a dangerous for Rooney to have a chance to attack. Nani just played the balls in without taking time to get his bearings. See how well-placed all the 3 crosses that resulted in goals were!?

Rooney is not decent in the air. . .Crosses have to be inch-perfect for Wazza and he should be working more on that aspect of his game at this level.
A striker like Ruud woulda made half of those crosses count. When a winger makes a cross and the strikers don't run to head the ball, the crosses become useless.

Eastbay:

Antonini ain't of the same quality with Clichy  (as bad as he is right now)yet we saw what Nani did to him at the Emirates.
I doubt if he's a natural full back.Yet Nani couldn't get past him and deliver a cross to pick out Rooney or anyone else in the box.
Valencia literally placed the ball on rooney's dome for his first and United's second.

Maybe Rooney can read Valencia's move more cos Antonio has a one-track mind.
He gets the ball, runs the ball to the bye-line and delivers a cross. Predictable. innit?
If Milan had an intelligent RB, Valencia woulda been useless but i think Valencia's introduction suited Rooney more than Nani that can be so unpredictable.
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by joxiri: 12:26am On Feb 17, 2010
united were effiecient and lucky
also having one of the hottest strikers in the world also helped
but milan were far the better side had and created more chances shame they didnt take them
nice to see rooney paying seedorf some respect at the end
that goal was quality
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by Sauron1: 12:28am On Feb 17, 2010
joxiri:

united were effiecient and lucky
also having one of the hottest strikers in the world also helped
but milan were far the better side had and created more chances shame they didnt take them
nice to see rooney paying seedorf some respect at the end
that goal was quality

Seedorf is Rooney's most feared opponent. grin
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by joxiri: 12:31am On Feb 17, 2010
i know
leonardo let the beckham furore get to him
and beckham didnt play anything
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by Kgdavid(m): 12:35am On Feb 17, 2010
i'm a united fan and i'm happy with the result. the football especially in the first half and the dying minutes of the game was poor from the red devils but such is to be expected when playing away to european giants. people saying ronaldinho was not really good cannot know much about football. one goal and one assist and your saying he killed milan's game?? every time he had the ball in the first half he gave united something to worry about. in the second half,the second goal visibly deflated milan's spirits and it was not only 'dinho' who did nt perform too well. just as the introduction of valencia gave us a filip, the introduction of seedorf also boosted them. at old trafford the game would have been much more attacking from united but now that carrick is out i'm not sure wat will happen as scholes is not too reliable and the fletcher does not have the ability to play passes like carrick can. ref handed milan a lifeline with that red card.
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by joxiri: 12:37am On Feb 17, 2010
i just hope you guys can handle him in the 2nd leg
i think the tie is far from over
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by Sauron1: 12:41am On Feb 17, 2010
joxiri:

i just hope you guys can handle him in the 2nd leg
i think the tie is far from over

Blame Fergie for the stinking performance.
His decision to play Fletcher on the left is shocking.
Carrick and Scholes missed Fletcher's energy in the middle of the pack and Milan's CMs got lucky.
In the return leg, i expect to see Scholes, Fletcher and ANDERSON.
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by guente02(m): 12:57am On Feb 17, 2010
Its okay now can we now go to bed?
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by chelseabmw(m): 1:08am On Feb 17, 2010
man utd congrat
Re: Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue by Rooneyboy(m): 1:53am On Feb 17, 2010
Well, milan just gave us a valentine gift i ll say,i certainly dont see milan scoring 3 goals at OT without replies. Only liverpool has done that in recent times(last season).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Leeds Vs Chelsea (1 - 5) On 19th December 2012 / Sevilla Vs Arsenal UCL (1 - 2) On 24th October 2023 / Switzerland Vs Poland: Euro 2016 (4 - 5) pens On 25th June 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.