Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,918 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:58 PM

BREAKING: Edo Assembly Impeaches Speaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Edo Assembly Impeaches Speaker (499 Views)

Edo Assembly Crisis: Tinubu Says Obaseki Has Committed Impeachable Offences / Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement / 9/24 Edo Assembly Members Elect New Speaker, Deputy At Night (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Edo Assembly Impeaches Speaker by dipoolowoo: 1:22pm On Aug 14, 2017
By Modupe Gbadeyanka

Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, Mr Justin Okonoboh, has been impeached by his colleagues.

Mr Okonoboh, who assumed office about 12 months ago, was removed as Speaker of the Edo Assembly on Monday morning.

The lawmaker from Igueben local government area of the state is representing Edo Central at the hallowed chamber.

As a result of his removal today, a new Speaker was elected and he is Mr Ajoto Kabiru from Akoko Edo Constituency 2.

The development had caused tension in some quarters of the state this morning, but our correspondent gathered that things are presently under control.

Last year, Mr Victor Edoror was impeached as Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly and Mr Okonoboh was elected as his replacement.

As at the time of filing this report, we could not ascertain the main reason the Speaker was impeached.

https://www.businesspost.ng/2017/08/14/breaking-edo-assembly-impeaches-speaker/

Re: BREAKING: Edo Assembly Impeaches Speaker by NLandIsHypocrit: 1:24pm On Aug 14, 2017
Well! Not like I give a blip in what happens in Edo State government, but I just want to use this opportunity to announce the return of NLandIsHypocrit after few months of absence on beloved Nairaland, some of my Nairaland twin brothers have returned as well grin I really missed all yee Nairalanders, the things I learn here on daily basis and the usual E-wars and hates. To be honest with everyone of you, that's just the spice of the fun here on Nairaland, I mean, imagine a Nairaland without some funny abusive words... grin it would have been so boring you know? But non the less Nothing on Nairaland must be taken too far except BIAFRA RESTORATION cool Umu Chineke kwenu!..... Kwenu!!.... BIAFRANS kwezuonu..... Nairalanders I love you all, True.
Re: BREAKING: Edo Assembly Impeaches Speaker by daewoorazer(m): 1:29pm On Aug 14, 2017
If una like, impeach d gomina, na una polithiefians wahala.... Lubbish angry
Re: BREAKING: Edo Assembly Impeaches Speaker by doctimonyeka(m): 1:34pm On Aug 14, 2017
Fed up with politicians and their gimmicks in this country..
Re: BREAKING: Edo Assembly Impeaches Speaker by PehaKaso: 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2017
grin
Re: BREAKING: Edo Assembly Impeaches Speaker by Elose11(m): 1:48pm On Aug 14, 2017
Good riddance to bad rubbish! Good for Okonoboh. When Oshomhole removed Edoror before the last election, the Esans, that is Edo central, complained on their marginalisation by the Oshomhole administration. To get their votes, the speakership that had been given to the Binis was hurriedly given back to the Esans.
Well my people, election is over. They have taken it back. Whereas Edo south have the governor, minister and apc national chairman, and the Edo north have the deputy governor and now speaker, Edo central have nothing.
The marginalisation of the Esans by Oshomhole has continue with this Obaseki govt. Infrastructurally, Esans are suffering.

(1) (Reply)

NIMC: 4 Years, 7months Yet My Card Not Ready / Owoseni Finally Bows Out As Lagos CP / Zoning, Religion As Factors In Ekiti 2018 Guber Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.