Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani (22324 Views)

HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination / UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) / ASUU Strike: Why FG Will Not Meet Lecturers’ Demands – Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by ransomed: 3:21pm On Aug 14, 2017
Lawalemi:
We need genuine activists to keep the government on her toe by aligning with the masses.

The likes of Soyinka, Falana have sold out their souls to oppressors
: :::--- I agree with your first statement but the latter reflected that you are not fair to the characters you mentioned. With all due respect to your family members, where were your uncles, brothers and father when these men were battling oppressive military junta? No insult intended please. How many of your age group are ready to do half of what these men have done?

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 14, 2017
GODISGOD223:
How do I post more 10 pictures if I create.a thread. I am a new nairalander, please help.

You are only allowed to post four in each post, so you'll post ten pictures in three posts. I hope I helped smiley
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by moses93(m): 3:28pm On Aug 14, 2017
queenbetsy:
finally,a time to learn fashion designing...
it might last longer than expected, who knows? tongue
I hope and pray sooooo.
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by sirnuru01(m): 3:46pm On Aug 14, 2017
dammy13:
​The Senator representing Kaduna Central constituency at the National Assembly, Shehu Sani has thrown his weight behind the commencement of the indefinite nationwide industrial action by members of Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU.

Shehu, who took to his Facebook page, on Monday urged the executive to meet up with the demands of the body.

He wrote: “First, I wholeheartedly support ASUU strike. Secondly, I call on the executive to dialogue and meet up the demands of the Union.

“Thirdly, the need to declare emergency on the state of public universities, polytechnic and colleges of education is now.”

DAILY POST had earlier reported that ASUU’s national President, Dr. Biodun Ogunyemi, had during a meeting of the National Executive Council of ASUU in Abuja announced the commencement of a nationwide industrial action.

Ogunyemi said that during the strike, there shall be no teaching, no examination and no attendance of statutory meetings of any kind in any of the union branches across the country.

http://fabinfos.com/ASUU-strike-support-industrial-action-senator-shehu-sani/

ASUU Strike has turned to World Cup. Comes up every four years. 2009, 2013, 2017.
Abeg your school qualify for World Cup?
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2017
GODISGOD223:
How do I post more 10 pictures if I create.a thread. I am a new nairalander, please help.

To post a picture on a thread

1.Either use the 'Choose file ' tool at the bottom of the post you are creating OR

2.Use the code [img][/img] if your picture can be found online.

example below

What I did

1.I found the image online.

2.I clicked on the image to open it in a new tab by right clicking on the image and clicking 'Open link in new tab' then right clicking again to open image in new tab.

3.I copied the address of the image.

4.Then pasted it onto my post between this code [img](your internet adress of image here)[/img]

And there! Done!

Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by gr8tone: 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2017
KzzyKING:
Now am beginning to wonder if this man is for or against Apc.
God help him sha
PDP candidate 2019.,
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by kibra4u(m): 4:05pm On Aug 14, 2017
KzzyKING:
God help him sha

He is for justice and what is right. APC is just a party...
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by holluphemydavid(m): 4:12pm On Aug 14, 2017
I advise d wise ones to go and learn trade, only God knws Hw long d strike will last, let dem. The not waste their precious time
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by bluecircle470: 4:14pm On Aug 14, 2017
People will think he's concern about the masses. The legislators corn legislooters has connered all the federal government's money. Thrs no enough money for d FG to meet up with all demands. Tho this is not an excuse for d FG but truth has to be told. The National Assembly is a waste!
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by enemyofprogress: 4:18pm On Aug 14, 2017
To God be the glory. I love strike, I hate school and its stress
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by highness25(m): 4:20pm On Aug 14, 2017
dammy13:
​The Senator representing Kaduna Central constituency at the National Assembly, Shehu Sani has thrown his weight behind the commencement of the indefinite nationwide industrial action by members of Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU.

Shehu, who took to his Facebook page, on Monday urged the executive to meet up with the demands of the body.

He wrote: “First, I wholeheartedly support ASUU strike. Secondly, I call on the executive to dialogue and meet up the demands of the Union.

“Thirdly, the need to declare emergency on the state of public universities, polytechnic and colleges of education is now.”

DAILY POST had earlier reported that ASUU’s national President, Dr. Biodun Ogunyemi, had during a meeting of the National Executive Council of ASUU in Abuja announced the commencement of a nationwide industrial action.

Ogunyemi said that during the strike, there shall be no teaching, no examination and no attendance of statutory meetings of any kind in any of the union branches across the country.

but on a serious note mr. Senator, are your children in these Nigeria's university?
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by CornelG(m): 4:22pm On Aug 14, 2017
Please somebody should help me with the official Facebook page of that idiots, let me go and landbast him their for altering such kind of nonsense.
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by Splashme: 4:31pm On Aug 14, 2017
KzzyKING:
God help him sha

Must everything be about party?
He gave his reasons, but in your warped mentality party comes first
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by Slurity(m): 4:43pm On Aug 14, 2017
I am ashamed that I am a Nigerian
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by Lawalemi(m): 4:50pm On Aug 14, 2017
ransomed:
: :::--- I agree with your first statement but the latter reflected that you are not fair to the characters you mentioned. With all due respect to your family members, where were your uncles, brothers and father when these men were battling oppressive military junta? No insult intended please. How many of your age group are ready to do half of what these men have done?
Good argument. I have to agree with you
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by Slymonster(m): 5:27pm On Aug 14, 2017
nothing worse than when filling an application of your starting date and ending date in school...
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by henryobinna(m): 5:33pm On Aug 14, 2017
idylnoble:

That's y Unilorin is still better by far, throughout my studies, I didn't experience one second strike. God bless Oloyede
lucky you. my school only recently joined ASUU last year when the new VC came onboard,
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by itoonaija: 5:48pm On Aug 14, 2017
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by Kolping: 7:55pm On Aug 14, 2017
How future Nigerians will live, the quality of their lives, the kinds of employment available, the future political system, the manner in which citizens will resolve conflicts between themselves, and the country’s relationship to the global community of nations, will ultimately be determined by the content and quality of their education. University level education plays a crucial part in this.
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by manuelfolarin(m): 8:48pm On Aug 14, 2017
dammy13:

ASUU Strike has turned to World Cup. Comes up every four years. 2009, 2013, 2017.
Abeg your school qualify for World Cup?
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by silence15: 9:30pm On Aug 14, 2017
dis ASUU strike na rubbish...futminna is not complying...theyve allowed there 100lvl to continue with dere test while we in ABU were not allowed to write EXAM!...ASUU is partial!
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by DanielGb(m): 4:54am On Aug 15, 2017
Emily22:
Like play....class 17 go turn class 18.....

You sound familiar.
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by DanielGb(m): 4:56am On Aug 15, 2017
queenbetsy:
finally,a time to learn fashion designing...
it might last longer than expected, who knows? tongue

I hate this strike.
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by ransomed: 10:15am On Aug 15, 2017
Lawalemi:

Good argument. I have to agree with you
:::-- Thank you and have a nice day sir.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am / Police Arrest Osun School Proprietor For Circulating Fake Reopening Date / A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.