Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,074 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:09 PM

See Why The President Is The Most Selfish And Hypocritical Of All Time - Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Why The President Is The Most Selfish And Hypocritical Of All Time - Opinion (1281 Views)

People That Will Feel The Additional 14 Days Lockdown By The President / Soyinka To Expose Obasanjo, The 'Most Hypocritical' Former Leader In Nigeria / The President Is Sick, So What? By Olalekan Adigun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why The President Is The Most Selfish And Hypocritical Of All Time - Opinion by Destined2win: 11:05am On Aug 15, 2017
Muhammadu Buhari GCFR (born 17 December 1942) is the President of Nigeria, in office since 2015. He is a retired major general in the Nigerian Army and previously served as the nation's head of state from 31 December 1983 to 27 August 1985, after taking power in a military coup d'état.The term Buharism is ascribed to the Buhari military government.

He unsuccessfully ran for the office of president in the 2003, 2007 and 2011 general elections. In December 2014, he emerged as the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress for the March 2015 general elections. Buhari won the election, defeating the incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan. This marked the first time in the history of Nigeria that an incumbent president lost to an opposition candidate in a general election. He was sworn in on 29 May 2015.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari

A man's antecedents or personal beliefs can never change no matter the side of the ship he finds himself. A genuine man's criticisms will be basically on all that any sitting government is getting wrong and not on what he intends to do that will destroy the lives and properties of the citizenry.The sitting President has shown that he is a man who is self-centred, only concerned about things that will favor him and his region. He openly critized the clampdown of bokoharam by the Previous administration and called it an assault on the northern region. Such utterances from a figure head is bound to escalate issues rather than ameliorating them.

http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-faults-clampdown-on-boko-haram-members/

Prior to the 2015 election, he indirectly made comments that were so inciteful, having this mentality that Nigerians owed him victory at the polls or else the country will be chaotic. Buhari who painted a gory picture of Nigeria as that of a hound and a monkey engaged in a battle for survival said, “God willing, by 2015, something will happen. They either conduct a free and fair election or they go a very disgraceful way.

“If what happened in 2011 (alleged rigging) should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, the dog and the baboon would all be soaked in blood.’’ He did not elaborate further. But saying it was shocking for this to come from a Presidential aspirant is an understatement.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/2015-ll-be-bloody-if-buhari/

He kicked against any form of increment in petroleum products by previous claiming he had the magic wand to bring the best out of that sector. But in his first year as President, there was a surge in the price of all petroleum products causing untold hardship for Nigerians. My point is this, "why would criticize a move when you know you can';t do anything better. That is hypocritical.

It's more than 90 days since the President left the shores of this country in search of medical help, writing a very unclear hand over note to his deputy calling him a 'co-ordinator' instead of Acting President. This comes months after his relative had called Vice President a 'mere commissioner, a title which shows complete lack of regards. He showed his divisive antecedents when he called those who didn't vote him 5% and those who did 95%. This shows a complete lack of the spirit of sportmanship. Everybody cannot be a Real Madrid fan or Chelsea. Then there wouldn't be fun in the game. The sweetness of victory comes in overcoming opposition. But at the end, the goal is to bring unity.

The President doesn't understand the game. Our sports minsitry is a typical example of that portrayal.

In 2010, buhari openly called for the impeachment of the late President, Musa Yaradua. The Nigerian president in that year was Umar Musa Yar'Adua and he had been sick and away from the country for a while. The then vice president, Goodluck Jonathan, was made the acting president and the entire country was confused about the exact state of Yar'Adua's health. Then an opposition leader, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd.), joined the growing number of Nigerians to call for the removal of President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua. nsisting on Yar'Adua's impeachment, he said the refusal of the council to follow constitutional provisions with regards to the illness of the then president had thrown Nigeria into crisis and he argued that the 1999 Constitution was clear on the issue of succession when an incumbent president is incapacitated. Now he is sick and hasn't even seen it worthy to speak to Nigerians. This is so selfish.

https://www.naij.com/1087422-yaradua-sick-impeach-buhari-2010.html

In a country where some people feel they can't do whatever they want and get away with it, their only hope is praying and working to see that I ascend as President pretty soon. I have this feeling that some people are secretly tampering with the constitutional proivsions whereby a President stays out of the country for 90 days. They will be doing it to give the ailing and erring President a soft landing whereby he can even re-contest come 2019 from his London base.

Nigeria needs a brand new breed of leaders; and that is what I represent. I can only wish Osibanjo well in these trying times because I can assure you, no decision of his is put out without scrutiny from London.

Before I sign out, I want to borrow the wise words of someone of old, "From the abundance of a man's heart, his heart speaks"! A man who spoke violence with passion cannot suddenly portray himself as angel.

It is so selfish to threaten peopole with violence and yet you expect peace when it gets to your turn.
It is hypocritical to demand that someone resigns because he is sick yet you flout national laws when you became sick.

It is wise that I ask you all to look forward in all earnesty and genuine hope as my government takes the centre stage in the affairs of this country.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Why The President Is The Most Selfish And Hypocritical Of All Time - Opinion by NwaAmaikpe: 11:06am On Aug 15, 2017
shocked

Zombies will still argue.

4 Likes

Re: See Why The President Is The Most Selfish And Hypocritical Of All Time - Opinion by Evablizin(f): 11:10am On Aug 15, 2017
Buhari Buhari Buhari
Re: See Why The President Is The Most Selfish And Hypocritical Of All Time - Opinion by Penalty82(m): 11:18am On Aug 15, 2017
Jeremiah 13:23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? .

1 Like

Re: See Why The President Is The Most Selfish And Hypocritical Of All Time - Opinion by Destined2win: 11:20am On Aug 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Zombies will still argue.
Who are the zombies?
Re: See Why The President Is The Most Selfish And Hypocritical Of All Time - Opinion by Destined2win: 11:21am On Aug 15, 2017
Evablizin:
Buhari Buhari Buhari
Don't call him here please
Re: See Why The President Is The Most Selfish And Hypocritical Of All Time - Opinion by Destined2win: 11:22am On Aug 15, 2017
Penalty82:
Jeremiah 13:23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? .

Hmmmmmm! No.
Re: See Why The President Is The Most Selfish And Hypocritical Of All Time - Opinion by jahsharon: 11:23am On Aug 15, 2017
Isaiah 54:15 King James Version (KJV)

Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

All those who gather against Buhari shall fall for his sake, so says the Lord our God.
Re: See Why The President Is The Most Selfish And Hypocritical Of All Time - Opinion by Destined2win: 11:29am On Aug 15, 2017
jahsharon:
Isaiah 54:15 King James Version (KJV)

Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

All those who gather against Buhari shall fall for his sake, so says the Lord our God.
Nobody is gathering against him. In fact he should get better already. But his attitude is aptly described on the title
Re: See Why The President Is The Most Selfish And Hypocritical Of All Time - Opinion by Evablizin(f): 11:33am On Aug 15, 2017
Destined2win:
Don't call him here please
Don't worry he wouldn't come here,he has a project in UK hospital
Re: See Why The President Is The Most Selfish And Hypocritical Of All Time - Opinion by Destined2win: 11:34am On Aug 15, 2017
Evablizin:
Don't worry he wouldn't come here,he has a project in UK hospital
Better cheesy

I pray he passes his project
Re: See Why The President Is The Most Selfish And Hypocritical Of All Time - Opinion by richidinho(m): 11:36am On Aug 15, 2017
Buhari declared 150 cow as asset in 1984 fast forward to 2015 he declared same 150 cow, that shows he is not a good manager, shuu the cow no dey born? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Why The President Is The Most Selfish And Hypocritical Of All Time - Opinion by 201320142015ob(m): 11:39am On Aug 15, 2017
A soldier will go to war and kill hundreds of human, he will still live up to 80-90 years. But when someone just use only one person do blood money, the spirit will not allow him rest. I don't understand sef.
#just for fun..
Re: See Why The President Is The Most Selfish And Hypocritical Of All Time - Opinion by Destined2win: 11:41am On Aug 15, 2017
201320142015ob:
A soldier will go to war and kill hundreds of human, he will still live up to 80-90 years. But when someone just use only one person do blood money, the spirit will not allow him rest. I don't understand sef.
#just for fun..
Hmm! Probably because a soldier has this 'license' to kill and his killings are supposedly in the nation's interest.
Re: See Why The President Is The Most Selfish And Hypocritical Of All Time - Opinion by chymes0359(m): 11:45am On Aug 15, 2017
The truth here is bright enough for blind people to feel the effect of the light in the eyes..
Re: See Why The President Is The Most Selfish And Hypocritical Of All Time - Opinion by otitokoroleti: 12:05pm On Aug 15, 2017
Destined2win:
Who are the zombies?
sarrki, NgeneUkwenu, Omenka. those are the one I know on nairaland for now.
Re: See Why The President Is The Most Selfish And Hypocritical Of All Time - Opinion by YoungDaNaval(m): 2:27pm On Aug 23, 2017
otitokoroleti:

sarrki, NgeneUkwenu, Omenka. those are the one I know on nairaland for now.
These are just Shameless!
Re: See Why The President Is The Most Selfish And Hypocritical Of All Time - Opinion by DaniDani(m): 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2017
Buhari, Aguiyi Ironsi and Ojukwu is the worst thing that have ever happened to Nigeria.
Re: See Why The President Is The Most Selfish And Hypocritical Of All Time - Opinion by Destined2win: 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2017
DaniDani:
Buhari, Aguiyi Ironsi and Ojukwu is the worst thing that have ever happened to Nigeria.
Really? Please tell me

(1) (Reply)

The Last Straw That Broke The Carmel’s Back!!! / Budhists Are Showing Us How To Deal With Muslim Foolishness / Nnamdi Kanu's Brother Opens Up On His Whereabout.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.