Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,453 members, 7,839,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

I Haven’t Indicated Interest In Delta Gov Race – Kachikwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Haven’t Indicated Interest In Delta Gov Race – Kachikwu (344 Views)

Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov / BREAKING!!! Sen. Dino Malaye Declares For Kogi Gov. Race, Vows To Defeat Yahaya / FG Prevented Prince Charles From Coming To The Niger Delta-gov.wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Haven’t Indicated Interest In Delta Gov Race – Kachikwu by nwakibie3(m): 1:17pm On Aug 15, 2017
Everest Amaefule, Abuja

The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, has said that he has not indicated interest in running for the governorship of Delta State or any elective position in 2019.

In a statement signed by the Director of Press, Ministry of Petroleum Resources, Idang Alibi, in Abuja on Monday, Kachikwu said he was rather focused on representing Delta State in the Federal Executive Council.

The minister described campaign posters indicating that he was running for the governorship of the state in 2019 as fake posters that he had no knowledge of.

Alibi said, “Our attention has been drawn to fake campaign posters of the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, for the 2019 governorship election in Delta State pasted by unknown persons across the Federal Capital Territory.

“The office of the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources hereby dissociates itself from the campaign posters which he has absolutely no knowledge of. The minister has not indicated any interest in running for any elective political office in Delta State.

“Kachikwu is focused on delivering on the reforms currently being implemented in the petroleum sector under the leadership of President (Muhammadu) Buhari and acting President (Yemi) Osinbajo in line with his duties as the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources and the Chairman of the Board of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation.

“He remains committed to effectively representing his state of origin, Delta State, in the federal cabinet to institutionalise transparency, accountability and productivity in the Nigerian oil and gas sector.”

Kachikwu urged stakeholders in both the oil and gas sector and the general public to discountenance “these unfounded speculations.”

http://punchng.com/i-havent-indicated-interest-in-delta-gov-race-kachikwu/

Re: I Haven’t Indicated Interest In Delta Gov Race – Kachikwu by Seguntimmy(m): 1:20pm On Aug 15, 2017
Won't you?
dnt worry, we already knw where it wil end, u wil kum to run later and tel us that it's the peope who persuaded you.

1 Like

Re: I Haven’t Indicated Interest In Delta Gov Race – Kachikwu by Ikechuob: 1:25pm On Aug 15, 2017
You shouldn't.
Thunder fire you if you ever do
Re: I Haven’t Indicated Interest In Delta Gov Race – Kachikwu by Zeemic(m): 1:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
Ok
Re: I Haven’t Indicated Interest In Delta Gov Race – Kachikwu by IgboAmakaa(f): 1:30pm On Aug 15, 2017
i will be very happy if u do so cool cool cool cool
Re: I Haven’t Indicated Interest In Delta Gov Race – Kachikwu by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 15, 2017
9ja nd politics be like

Re: I Haven’t Indicated Interest In Delta Gov Race – Kachikwu by ojun50(m): 1:41pm On Aug 15, 2017
See them, fayose brother spotted

(1) (Reply)

/ / Federal Government Have Ask The Court To Return Nnamdi Kanu Back To Prison / IPOB Makes U-turn, Withdraws Threat To Stop Anambra Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.