Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Name Change: ADN To DAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Name Change: ADN To DAN (1672 Views)

Revolution Now: Ibrahim Dan Arrested By DSS For Supporting Sowore On Facebook / 'Gani Adams Is A Mad Thug Elevated To The Rank Of Nobles' - Maiwada Dan Mallam / PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Name Change: ADN To DAN by ameri9ja: 2:17pm On Aug 15, 2017
Fellow ADNers, as you know we now have over 100 members and counting. I am suggesting we change our name to "Detrabalised Association of Nigeria"
That way instead of ADNners we will call ourselves DANites. Also that will make "Detribalised" the first word, which is a good thing.

Fellow Danites, remember our definition of "detribalised" is someone who does not hate other tribes, does not denigrate other tribes, and does not want separation from them. It does not mean we are against restructuring or that we think Nigeria is perfect.
We are all proud to be members of our various tribes, but we are not obsessed with tribe. We are more interested in bringing Nigerians together.
As Henry Ford said: "Coming together is a beginning, keeping together is progress, and working together is success"

For example, parts of USA wanted to break away too. The main reason USA is the greatest country in the world today is because they managed not to split up, though they had to fight a bloody civil war to achieve that.
So: One Nation, one destiny. Nigeria shall be great!

cc: Almaheed WetinConsignMe GenBuhari WORDWORLD GQman EmeeNaka 9japrof Addy003 illuminated sirjerry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by Almaheed: 5:09pm On Aug 15, 2017
ameri9ja:
Fellow ADNers, as you know we now have over 100 members and counting. I am suggesting we change our name to "Detrabalised Association of Nigeria"
That way instead of ADNners we will call ourselves DANites. Also that will make "Detribalised" the first word, which is a good thing.

Fellow Danites, remember our definition of "detribalised" is someone who does not hate other tribes, does not denigrate other tribes, and does not want separation from them. It does not mean we are against restructuring or that we think Nigeria is perfect.
We are all proud to be members of our various tribes, but we are not obsessed with tribe. We are more interested in bringing Nigerians together.
As Henry Ford said: "Coming together is a beginning, keeping together is progress, and working together is success"

For example, parts of USA wanted to break away too. The main reason USA is the greatest country in the world today is because they managed not to split up, though they had to fight a bloody civil war to achieve that.

cc: Almaheed WetinConsignMe GenBuhari WORDWORLD GQman EmeeNaka 9japrof Addy003 illuminated sirjerry

I believe you my man, totally support your course
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by EmeeNaka: 5:50pm On Aug 15, 2017
ameri9ja:

Supported.
Liberty or chain, Nigeria must be.
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by orisa37: 6:01pm On Aug 15, 2017
Supported.
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 16, 2017
Supported, did NL delete the original ADN thread? It just shows you the true nature of NL.
ameri9ja:

Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 16, 2017
Welcome follow me and other DANites
orisa37:
Supported.
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by orisa37: 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2017
GenBuhari:
Welcome follow me and other DANites

I have an "Association for Good Government"(afgg). We all shall follow DANites.
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by alfa666: 12:26pm On Aug 16, 2017
Too much ewedu.
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by WetinConsignMe: 1:28pm On Aug 16, 2017
ameri9ja:

I am a Danite!.Yiippeeeee! And there I was thinking I was a Steve-ite all this time grin But seriously, I'm ok with the name change and I'm once again offering to b president of the group. It will give me better incentive to work for the group.
I'm also suggesting we all monitor comments and add people's monikers to the group if we feel them detribalised.
Almaheed WetinConsignMe GenBuhari WORDWORLD GQman EmeeNaka 9japrof Addy003 illuminated sirjerry
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 16, 2017
These are the DANites that I am following please follow them them if you are a DANite and all other DANites including myself if you have not already done so.

Please also list any other members that I have missed out.

Please copy the these names quicky search for their profile and quickly follow them, because Naairaalnd is trying to scatter this group, would likely delete this post very quickly like they deleted the original thread.

illuminated93(m), Addy003(m), 9japrof(m), EmeeNaka, orisa37, Ikhilor(m), GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian(m), Shaytun, Ojiofor, sirjerry(m), WORDWORLD, amanda2013(f), WetinConsignMe, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life(m), Almaheed,
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 16, 2017
What we planned in the original thread is that we would intervene in any tribalistic thread and agitation for break up threads;
We would like and share each other's posts
We can also do the following in addition: include list of Danites members in posts on threads you would like us to jump into and assist. In addition to listing names of members, include the word "Danites" in posts to threads you would like others DANites to jump into.
GenBuhari:
These are the DANites that I am following please follow them them if you are a DANite and all other DANites including myself if you have not already done so.

Please also list any other members that I have missed out.

Please copy the these names quicky search for their profile and quickly follow them, because Naairaalnd is trying to scatter this group, would likely delete this post very quickly like they deleted the original thread.

illuminated93(m), Addy003(m), 9japrof(m), EmeeNaka, orisa37, Ikhilor(m), GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian(m), Shaytun, Ojiofor, sirjerry(m), WORDWORLD, amanda2013(f), WetinConsignMe, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life(m), Almaheed,
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by WetinConsignMe: 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2017
GenBuhari:
What we planned in the original thread is that we would intervene in any tribalistic thread and agitation for break up threads;
We can also do the following in addition: include list of Danites members in posts on threads you would like us to jump into and assist. In addition to listing names of members, include the word "Danites" in posts to threads you would like others DANites to jump into.

Good thing u folks remembered some monikers. The way they deleted that thread took me by surprise. I honestly only remembered that G4JEESUS guy. U r right
but some of us r not online a lot cos of work and issues.
But I guess we r slowly getting started

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by unohbethel(m): 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2017
are u guys sure that d mods deleted that thread?

if so y la? even tho i dont support u guys but deletin that thread shows d stupidity of some nl mods.
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by WetinConsignMe: 7:44pm On Aug 16, 2017
ameri9ja:

Notice how these trbalistic bigots are always condning Naija, like other countries are perfectly.
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by WetinConsignMe: 8:05pm On Aug 16, 2017
ameri9ja:

Notice how these trbalistic bigots and separatists are always condemning Naija, like other countries are perfect.

I was just looking at world suicide rankings from worldlifeexpectancy.com : Nigeria has lower suicide rates than both USA and UK. Nigeria is 106, while USA is 47, and UK is 103

illuminated93(m), Addy003(m), 9japrof(m), EmeeNaka, orisa37, Ikhilor(m), GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian(m), Shaytun, Ojiofor, sirjerry(m), WORDWORLD, amanda2013(f), wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life(m), Almaheed, GenBuhari
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by onward4life(m): 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Notice how these trbalistic bigots and separatists are always condemning Naija, like other countries are perfect.

I was just looking at world suicide rankings from worldlifeexpectancy.com : Nigeria has lower suicide rates than both USA and UK. Nigeria is 106, while USA is 47, and UK is 103

illuminated93(m), Addy003(m), 9japrof(m), EmeeNaka, orisa37, Ikhilor(m), GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian(m), Shaytun, Ojiofor, sirjerry(m), WORDWORLD, amanda2013(f), wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life(m), Almaheed,

Thanks to all.

Pls let's d thrend be the online "Operation Lafiya Dole" squad of Nairaland since the Mods are having a hard time Combating this online guerrilla warfare.

Provost speaking!

Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2017
Naairaaland hypocrisy in deleting the original Assoc of Detribalised Nigerians thread has exposed them to imperialist stooges like most other news media in Nigeria.

Hypocrisy in creating a thread claiming they are against secession, whilst they encouraging tribalistic threads and agitation of IPOB and break up.

At same time they are attacking this group and doing all try they can to scatter us including banning members and ultimately deleting the whole thread.

Good evening all.

Danites, illuminated93(m), Addy003(m), 9japrof(m), EmeeNaka, orisa37, Ikhilor(m), GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian(m), Shaytun, Ojiofor, sirjerry(m), WORDWORLD, amanda2013(f), wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life(m), Almaheed,genbuhari
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by freshest4live: 10:53pm On Aug 16, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

illuminated93(m), Addy003(m), 9japrof(m), EmeeNaka, orisa37, Ikhilor(m), GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian(m), Shaytun, Ojiofor, sirjerry(m), WORDWORLD, amanda2013(f), wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life(m), Almaheed,
You dey mind dem? Recently there was a thread on the report from the U.S that Nigeria is the most dangerous place in the world for Christians to live, worse than the likes of Afghanistan, Syria,Saudi Arabia, etc.
Now we all know this is not true, even if we are judging only based on nations with mixed religions, but you have to come see the nairalanders supporting it, simply because the report was used by the PDP as an attack on Buhari, others simply believed every report from the West is God's divine word.
Now, l am no fan of either PDP or APC, and l am sympathetic to the plight of our Christian brothers in the North, but the title of that report was another clear Western media propaganda to scare their Christian audience as regards Nigeria, but to my utter disgust, Nairalanders here in a bid to prove their political points would rather aid the whites on this worthless slander of their country before the world! What a Shame.
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by WetinConsignMe: 1:54pm On Aug 17, 2017
GenBuhari:
Naairaaland hypocrisy in deleting the original Assoc of Detribalised Nigerians thread has exposed them to imperialist stooges like most other news media in Nigeria.

Hypocrisy in creating a thread claiming they are against secession, whilst they encouraging tribalistic threads and agitation of IPOB and break up.

At same time they are attacking this group and doing all try they can to scatter us including banning members and ultimately deleting the whole thread.

Good evening all.

Danites, illuminated93(m), Addy003(m), 9japrof(m), EmeeNaka, orisa37, Ikhilor(m), GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian(m), Shaytun, Ojiofor, sirjerry(m), WORDWORLD, amanda2013(f), wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life(m), Almaheed,genbuhari

We all know what's going on. But it's too late. The cat is already out of the bag. No way to stop us now. We'll soon be on multiple platforms, not just NL.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by WetinConsignMe: 2:17pm On Aug 17, 2017
freshest4live:

You dey mind dem? Recently there was a thread on the report from the U.S that Nigeria is the most dangerous place in the world for Christians to live, worse than the likes of Afghanistan, Syria,Saudi Arabia, etc.
Now we all know this is not true, even if we are judging only based on nations with mixed religions, but you have to come see the nairalanders supporting it, simply because the report was used by the PDP as an attack on Buhari, others simply believed every report from the West is God's divine word.
Now, l am no fan of either PDP or APC, and l am sympathetic to the plight of our Christian brothers in the North, but the title of that report was another clear Western media propaganda to scare their Christian audience as regards Nigeria, but to my utter disgust, Nairalanders here in a bid to prove their political points would rather aid the whites on this worthless slander of their country before the world! What a Shame.

No mine dem. They play up and inflate every bad report about Naija. And the West kwaa kwaa don't understand
Naija. Every year they predict Naija would break up by the end of the year. They have this notion that BH is all over the country...
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hi all,

I suspect NaairaLnd may have banned the OP (again!) his profile indicates he hasn't been seen since 4am yesterday.

let's keep things going.
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by ameri9ja: 6:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
GenBuhari:

Hello everyone. Happy to be back! Sorry for my "long" absence. It's bound to happen from time to time. It doesn't mean I've quit or I'm no longer intereseted. Just that things do come up. So please bear with me.

I've been reading the comments and I just want to thank everyone for continuing to contribute and make suggestions and innovate. As we continue to grow in leaps and bounds, I want to remind us of two things:

1) DAN is an anonymous organization made up of monikers. No one will ever start asking u questions regarding who is behind the moniker.
The only information we will ever have about you is the one u voluntarily release yourself.

2) The only thing we all have in common is that we are detribalised, love our country,and don't want seperation. Other than that, we may have different view points and ideologies regarding other matters and people. For instance, let's say I subscribe to the notion that Buhari should resume or resign, another Danite may see Buhari as a true messiah who should stay in UK as long as he wants. That's ok. We r both still Danites.

Thanks everyone again. I'll be replying all the posts soon.

illuminated93(m), Addy003(m), 9japrof(m), EmeeNaka, orisa37, Ikhilor(m), GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian(m), Shaytun, Ojiofor, sirjerry(m), WORDWORLD, amanda2013(f), wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life(m), Almaheed, orisa37
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by ameri9ja: 7:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
GenBuhari:
Hi all,

I suspect NaairaLnd may have banned the OP (again!) his profile indicates he hasn't been seen since 4am yesterday.

let's keep things going.

Good to see u again general! No, I was never banned, just that they deleted the other two threads. I don't know if u saw the second thread. It didn't last long at all. This one seems to be holding. But I already have all the monikers and email addresses, so it won't matter. Just don't mention any of their names, I think that's part of the problem. Thanks again for all you've been doing. Watch out for a new thread coming up.
Let's use this thread for internal DAN discussions.
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by ameri9ja: 8:01pm On Aug 17, 2017
Almaheed:

I believe you my man, totally support your course

Good to see u again Almaheed. Thanks 4 your support, but we are all supporting each other - it is a communal thing
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by ameri9ja: 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2017
EmeeNaka:
Supported.
Liberty or chain, Nigeria must be.

Dalu nwanne m. Don't mind the hate mongers and divisionists. They make the loudest noise but everything else is on our side
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by ameri9ja: 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2017
orisa37:

I have an "Association for Good Government"(afgg). We all shall follow DANites.

Welcome to DAN. Your "afgg" is good too.
You can belong to both. They are not mutually exclusive
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by ameri9ja: 8:16pm On Aug 17, 2017
freshest4live:

Very well and beautifully put. I think people looking at Nigeria from outside see a chaotic country on the verge of breaking up. What they don't realise is that it is not like that at all - there is a method to the madness.
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by ameri9ja: 8:28pm On Aug 17, 2017
onward4life:

Thanks to all.

Pls let's d thrend be the online "Operation Lafiya Dole" squad of Nairaland since the Mods are having a hard time Combating this online guerrilla warfare.
Provost speaking!

Good to see u again, provost. DAN is here to stay and will spread across the internet. NL should be proud it started here instead of going about deleting.

Very instructive cartoon u have there.
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by ameri9ja: 8:50pm On Aug 17, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

illuminated93(m), Addy003(m), 9japrof(m), EmeeNaka, orisa37, Ikhilor(m), GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian(m), Shaytun, Ojiofor, sirjerry(m), WORDWORLD, amanda2013(f), wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life(m), Almaheed, GenBuhari

Good to see u again, WetinConsignMe. U r so on point. Any small bad thing or bad report, they are like: Zoogeria! God, why did u make me a Nigerian?! The worst country the world! Well, we are tired of all that. We happen to love our country despite her many faults and we believe one day... Nigeria shall be great!

As for that suicide info, I went to worldlifeexpectancy.com. What an informative website. Full of world info. As u said 9ja is 106.
I copy it here (the numbers on the right represent deaths per thousand:

illuminated93(m), Addy003(m), 9japrof(m), EmeeNaka, orisa37, Ikhilor(m), GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian(m), Shaytun, Ojiofor, sirjerry(m), WORDWORLD, amanda2013(f), wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life(m), Almaheed, genbuhari, orisa37

Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by ameri9ja: 9:05pm On Aug 17, 2017
unohbethel:
are u guys sure that d mods deleted that thread?

if so y la? even tho i dont support u guys but deletin that thread shows d stupidity of some nl mods.

Yes we r sure. They deleted the two previous threads. At least u r honest about not supporting us. We appreciate that.
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by ameri9ja: 9:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

I am a Danite!.Yiippeeeee! And there I was thinking I was a Steve-ite all this time grin But seriously, I'm ok with the name change and I'm once again offering to b president of the group. It will give me better incentive to work for the group.
I'm also suggesting we all monitor comments and add people's monikers to the group if we feel them detribalised.
Almaheed WetinConsignMe GenBuhari WORDWORLD GQman EmeeNaka 9japrof Addy003 illuminated sirjerry

You can be funny o. Thanks for the suggestion about monitoring comments. Very good suggestion. As for "president", I take it u r just being funny. But seriously, nothing has changed just because they deleted threads. Everyone maintains same position as b4. Like I told u, you chose to reveal u r Igbo (which, by our rules, u didn't have to reveal). And since I'm also onye Igbo... well u know the rest

illuminated93(m), Addy003(m), 9japrof(m), EmeeNaka, orisa37, Ikhilor(m), GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian(m), Shaytun, Ojiofor, sirjerry(m), WORDWORLD, amanda2013(f), wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life(m), Almaheed, genbuhari, orisa37
Re: Name Change: ADN To DAN by onward4life(m): 10:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
As for Funny and been president.

The ferson must b resident in za quantry

grin

Is high time we get in2 action. Nairaland is burning like go kick some house

Shall we!
Onward4life Nairaland FCT Family(aka abuja Kindred)

#repyourhood!

lluminated93(m), Addy003(m), 9japrof(m), EmeeNaka, orisa37, Ikhilor(m), GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian(m), Shaytun, Ojiofor, sirjerry(m), WORDWORLD, amanda2013(f), wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life(m), Almaheed, genbuhari, orisa37[/quote]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Dedicates Lovely Poem To Nigerian Unity And Peace - 'I See Myself In My Nei / North East And South West Have Largest Number Of Registered Voters In Nig / Finally: Ifite, Awka Road Getting Tarred!! (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.