Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward (3090 Views)

Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai / Two Pastors’ Wives Fight Dirty Over Politicians’ Bags Of Rice Sharing Formula / Ben Murray-Bruce's Tweets About Quota System (Screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2017
Contrary to popular opinion, the practise of quota system and feeding bottle federalism, where the states’ resources are collected by the federal government and shared every month between them and the federal government, does not favour the north. The idea that the lowering of the standard of education for northern children and persons, is an unfair advantage over other regions of the country is not really what it seems. In our University admissions, the required score for persons from Northern states is usually lower than what is required for the Southern students. The goal, as we have heard and read in so many places, is to enable the north catch up with south educationally. The intention behind it is good but it misses the point.

The point is to raise the level of education in the north and not to leave the north perpetually backward. Experience and psychology have shown that when you lower the standard or aim, when you set a target that is as good as failure, when you base intelligence on a mediocre platform, you will never rise above that standard. That is what happens and has been happening to the society that endorses Quota system. The same thing goes for the resources collected from few states and shared between all the states and the federal government. On the long run, resource control will benefit the north more. What this current system of federalism does is to create a dependency problem that makes it difficult to be productive.

Read Full Article Here:

http://www.mortalpoet.com/quota-system-and-revenue-sharing-formula-favour-north/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by LifeIsGuhd(f): 7:36pm On Aug 16, 2017
Infact I totally concur

3 Likes

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by Fidelismaria: 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2017
too long
summary pls

2 Likes

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by LionDeLeo: 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2017
Absolute nonsense.

Op, what is being collected from your region and given to the north?

What does your region contribute to the national purse?

Very funny how the same region living on the nation's resources are the greatest noise makers while the actual seat of the main resources don't even make noise.

Parasites making noise upandan.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:43pm On Aug 16, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Absolute nonsense.

Is it a matter of what my region contributes or how this sharing system and quota system impedes the growth of the north? Do you agree that quota system in education improves the educational level of the north? if you do, I'd like to hear how.

2 Likes

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by vedaxcool(m): 7:44pm On Aug 16, 2017
But when the same shameless people begin to shout it is our turn to rule they forget their quota system chants, they believe in Quota system for the elite and merit system for the masses. These mad serpents only fool themselves, they chant quota system whenever they do not get what they want they form merit system to insults the intelligence of others! Load of rubbish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by LionDeLeo: 7:45pm On Aug 16, 2017
[s]
Sapiosexuality:
Is it a matter of what my region contributes or how this sharing system and quota system impedes the growth of the north? Do you agree that quota system in education improves the educational level of the north? if you do, I'd like to hear how.
[/s]
Your main submission is about collecting from your region and given to the north and my question is; what is it that is being collected from your region?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:47pm On Aug 16, 2017
LionDeLeo:
[s][/s]
Your main submission is about collecting from your region and given to the north and my question is; what is it that is being collected from your region?
Seems you didn't even read the article. Did you?

4 Likes

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by LionDeLeo: 7:50pm On Aug 16, 2017
vedaxcool:
But when the same shameless people begin to shout it is our turn to rule they forget their quota system chants, they believe in Quota system for the elite and merit system for the masses. These mad serpents only fool themselves, they chant quota system whenever they do not get what they want they form merit system to insults the intelligence of others! Load of rubbish
Exactly, absolute load of rubbish.

My main question is even on his main submission which is about collecting from his region and giving to the north.

What exactly does his region contribute to the purse which is being shared to the north?

What do the few northerners and other tribes residing in his region benefit as opposed to how they benefit from other zones?

Common grass, dey no dey allow cows chop, then what is it that they contribute?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:52pm On Aug 16, 2017
LionDeLeo:

My main question is even on his main submission which is about collecting from his region and giving to the north.

What exactly does his region contribute to the purse which is being shared to the north?

What do the few northerners and other tribes residing in his region benefit as opposed to how they benefit from other zones?

So where exactly in the article was this position you are talking about espoused? Show me.

4 Likes

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by LionDeLeo: 7:57pm On Aug 16, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Seems you didn't even read the article. Did you?
I read everything.

Your main focus is about sharing of resources, all those other attachment are by the way.

Talking about quota system, if you have come across any northern graduate performing below expectation, I will tell you I have also come across uncountable number of graduates from your region who don't even know what they were taught in schools.

So, what are we saying?

Nonsense.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by vedaxcool(m): 7:59pm On Aug 16, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Watch as she will dodge the question

1 Like

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by LionDeLeo: 8:01pm On Aug 16, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
So where exactly in the article was this position you are talking about espoused? Show me.
In that case, I should be the one asking if you read what you posted.
Contrary to popular opinion, the practise of quota system and feeding bottle federalism, where the states’ resources are collected by the federal government and shared every month between them and the federal government, does not favour the north.
Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2017
LionDeLeo:

I read everything.

Your main focus is about sharing of resources, all those other attachment are by the way.

Talking about quota system, if you have come across any northern graduate performing below expectation, I will tell you I have also come across uncountable number of graduates from your region who don't even know what they were taught in schools.

So, what are we saying?

Nonsense.
I still doubt you read the article. In the same article I pointed out what smarter men from the north are saying about education and how the system kept them down. I doubt you read the article.

Let's assume you did. Which region is the most backward intellectually? Which region is the most backward health-wise? And which region has the poorest people? Give me stats.

Read the article to hear what the elders and smart men like Gambari and Masari said.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:06pm On Aug 16, 2017
LionDeLeo:

In that case, I should be the one asking if you read what you posted.
So, to you, that means that my state's resources is used to fund the north? Are you serious or what? How do the two relate? Is States' the same thing as State's? Where did you get the 'my state' line? How did you get it? Explain.

3 Likes

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:07pm On Aug 16, 2017
vedaxcool:

Watch as she will dodge the question
He not she.
Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by Chongaiman: 8:10pm On Aug 16, 2017
Just look at how the beneficiaries of the quota system are vibrating. The OP never mentioned anything about resources being taken from any region to another but rather on overdependence of the North on the Centre. Of course, contributions to the Centre from the various regions are disproportionate. Their quota-based education is apparent in their logic and rhetoric.

The quota system is a deliberate policy to ensure that baboon dey chop while monkey dey work. Those baboons are the elements that are vociferously against restructuring of the national entity. One day be one day........

Anyone quoting me maliciously, Evans fall on you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by LionDeLeo: 8:12pm On Aug 16, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
I still doubt you read the article. In the same article I pointed out what smarter men from the north are saying about education and how the system kept them down. I doubt you read the article.

Let's assume you did. Which region is the most backward intellectually? Which region is the most backward health-wise? And which region has the poorest people? Give me stats.

Read the article to hear what the elders and smart men like Gambari and Masari said.
If you talk about poverty in the north, it will interest you to note as well that they are also not desperate about acquiring wealth against all odds and regulations.

For instance, how many northerners have you heard involving in the underlisted just to escape poverty?

Powder business
Human trafficking
Human rituals
Prostitution across the world
Fake products
Armed robbery.

Few may be involved and that few actually balances the few poor in your regions as not everyone from your places are involved also but they are in the majority.

Everyone has a goal in life, if yours is to be rich even at the cost of other people, that is entirely your doctrine which, of course, cannot be same all over.

There are people who will rather remain poor than to get themselves involved in those crimes.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:13pm On Aug 16, 2017
Chongaiman:
Just look at how the beneficiaries of the quota system are vibrating. The Op never mentioned about resources being taken from any region to north but on overdependence on the Centre. Of course, contribution to the Centre from the various region is disproportionate. Their quota-based education is apparent in their logic and rhetoric.

The quota system is a deliberate policy to ensure that baboon dey chop while monkey dey work. Those baboons are the elements that are vociferously against restructuring of the national entity.

Anyone quoting me belligerently, Evans fall on you.

Sorry but I think you are missing it too. The quota system was intended to enable the north catch up but as far as it is in existence, the north will never catch up. In essence, the system was designed, unknowingly, to keep the north backward.

2 Likes

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by LionDeLeo: 8:16pm On Aug 16, 2017
Chongaiman:
Just look at how the beneficiaries of the quota system are vibrating. The OP never mentioned anything about resources being taken from any region to another but rather on overdependence of the North on the Centre. Of course, contributions to the Centre from the various regions are disproportionate. Their quota-based education is apparent in their logic and rhetoric.

The quota system is a deliberate policy to ensure that baboon dey chop while monkey dey work. Those baboons are the elements that are vociferously against restructuring of the national entity. One day be one day........

Anyone quoting me maliciously, Evans fall on you.

Contribution to the centre is disproportionate, but in whose favour? Certainly not against you because your contribution is also very insignificant, Prove me wrong pls.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:18pm On Aug 16, 2017
LionDeLeo:

If you talk about poverty in the north, it will interest you to note as well that they are also not desperate about acquiring wealth against all odds and regulations.

For instance, how many northerners have you heard involving in the underlisted just to escape poverty?

Powder business
Human trafficking
Human rituals
Fake products
Armed robbery.

Few may be involved and that few actually balances the few poor in your regions as not everyone from your places are involved also but they are in the majority.

Everyone has a goal in life, if yours is to be rich even at the cost of other people, that is entirely your doctrine which, of course, cannot be same all over.

There are people who will rather remain poor than to get themselves involved in those crimes.
Now, I understand you better. You are interested in another topic.

2 Likes

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by ITbomb(m): 8:18pm On Aug 16, 2017
Fidelismaria:
too long

summary pls
North is the parasite drawing Nigeria backwards. Quota system is making them lazy and not able to compete with global standards in innovation

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by LionDeLeo: 8:18pm On Aug 16, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
So, to you, that means that my state's resources is used to fund the north? Are you serious or what? How do the two relate? Is States' the same thing as State's? Where did you get the 'my state' line? How did you get it? Explain.
Your state is in the south but not all southern states contribute as you are trying to portray. We all know the states where most of the nation's income comes from and those states aren't making noise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by LionDeLeo: 8:20pm On Aug 16, 2017
ITbomb:

North is the parasite drawing Nigeria backwards. Quota system is making them lazy and not able to compete with global standards in innovation
SE is the most parasitic zone, Prove me wrong with figures pls.

2 Likes

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:21pm On Aug 16, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Your state is in the south but not all southern states contribute as you are trying to portray. We all know the states where most of the nation's income comes from and those states aren't making noise.
This guy! Where did I say that all southern states contribute? And where did I make noise? Where did I even show my origin in the article? Seems you prepared for war for the wrong person.

1 Like

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:23pm On Aug 16, 2017
LionDeLeo:

SE is the most parasitic zone, Prove me wrong with figures pls.
Leave these easy topics and these guys let's talk about the op.
Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by LionDeLeo: 8:24pm On Aug 16, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
This guy! Where did I say that all southern states contribute? And where did I make noise? Where did I even show my origin in the article? Seems you prepared for war for the wrong person.
You didn't say all southern states but your main concern is about the north, implying all the southern states are being drawn backward by the north, hence my argument.
Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2017
LionDeLeo:

You didn't say all southern states but your main concern is about the north, implying all the southern states are being drawn backward by the north, hence my argument.
Drawn backward by the north? You didn't read this article, let's be honest. If my claim is that the north is taking everyone backward why did I write that the south will be ahead of the north as long as the system is in practise? And where exactly did I insinuate that the north is drawing the south backwards?
Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by bonechamberlain(m): 8:30pm On Aug 16, 2017
ITbomb:

well summarized

2 Likes

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by chymes0359(m): 8:43pm On Aug 16, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Absolute nonsense.

Very funny how the same region living on the nation's resources are the greatest noise makers while the actual seat of the main resources don't even make noise.

Parasites making noise upandan.

I thought this thread was created to educate, enlighten and bridge the horizon of the down side of the quota system..
I think you have to start from the begining to read and educate yourself..
What the O.P point out against quota system is what some people wont be able to see in the next millienum, if Nigeria co-habit it'self the way it is now..
O.P is not here for war..
With love
Chimezie chymes

2 Likes

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by uwa1(m): 8:45pm On Aug 16, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: This Quota System And Sharing Formula Is Keeping The North Backward by limeta(f): 8:59pm On Aug 16, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Powder business
Human trafficking
Human rituals
Fake products
Armed robbery.

I think you should go back and read the post again
How you missing every point there baffles me

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jubrin To Be Phased Out After 2019 Elections For Osinbanjo / Election Postponement Will Affect PDP Drastically. / See The Satellite That May Be Monitoring Nigerian Elections From The Sky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.