Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Apc, Pdp Trampled As I D Holds Most Organized Party Congress, Impresses Inec - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apc, Pdp Trampled As I D Holds Most Organized Party Congress, Impresses Inec (1056 Views)

Confusion In Kano As APC, PDP Embark On Victory Celebration / Osun Rerun: Woman Who Voted Last Week Invited To Vote Today By APC - PDP / Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apc, Pdp Trampled As I D Holds Most Organized Party Congress, Impresses Inec by SharpmindsAC: 8:05am On Aug 17, 2017
Olanrewaju Ojuoluwa
Ado-Ekiti

Ado-Ekiti was agog yesterday Wednesday 16th August, 2017 as Independent Democrats (The 3rd Force) held her State Congress at the party Secretariat located at 210 Adkins House Ajilosun Ado-Ekiti.

The historic event which featured as its main agenda the inauguration of the party's State Executives, had in presence officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), National Delegates of the Independent Democrats, State and Local Government Delegates of Independent Democrats Ekiti State, officials of IPAC and security agents.

The Chairman of Independent Democrats Ekiti State, Hon. Adeyemi Adeniyi Emmanuel thanked all and sundry for gracing the occasion and also the various officials that came from the various sectors concerned.

Below is the inaugural speech delivered by Hon. Adeyemi Adeniyi Emmanuel, the CHAIRMAN of Independent Democrats Ekiti State.

INAUGURAL SPEECH BY HON. ADEYEMI ADENIYI EMMANUEL, CHAIRMAN INDEPENDENT DEMOCRATS EKITI STATE, AT THE PARTY'S STATE CONGRESS HELD ON WEDNESDAY 16TH AUGUST, 2017

Distinguished Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to welcome you all to this historic event, the state CONGRESS of Independent Democrats (ID), which features as its main agenda the inauguration of the state Executives of our great party for the approaching Ekiti Gubernatorial Election in 2018. Today is a major signpost on our journey to a new Ekiti. At this event, not only will the State Executives of our great party emerge, we also have the opportunity to demonstrate to the good people of Ekiti State, our democratic credentials by the way we conduct ourselves and the businesses of the day.

Today, we appeal to the hearts and minds of the Ekiti people, who are desperately seeking a better life void of poverty and backwardness, and are ready to take responsibility for their lives by actively participating in partisan politics towards bringing about that positive change, but have rejected the existing political parties, especially those they have given the opportunity to in time past, but have failed the Ekiti people. Today, we present to the good people of Ekiti State the better alternative to bringing about good governance and dividends of Democracy as against the existing modality of having no choice but to choose between two devils which have not been profitable to the masses thus far. Today, we have shown to the Ekiti people that Independent Democrats (ID) is the third force to salvage this state from her looming underdevelopment. Today, we have shown to Ekiti people why Independent Democrats is totally different.

It is important to remind this august gathering that though there have been the introduction of new political parties in the history of Ekiti state since 1999, ID is a result of the masses' cry for a generational power shift from the existing modalities and political parties in the history of politics in Ekiti State. ID represents the first real opportunity for the Ekiti people to not only deliver a credible leader to take Ekiti State to a greater height, but also to dethrone bad governance, poverty and mediocrity gifted them by the existing political parties. I am delighted to announce to you that ID is the party long awaited for by the good people of Ekiti State to take them out of enslavement of the Egyptians to the promised land, and we are making tremendous progress even as new people who had given up hope on the Nigerian Politics as a whole, now have their hopes back in ID, getting involved actively.

I thank the national leaders of our great party especially the national CHAIRMAN in person of Hon. Edozie Madu for the confidence reposed in me and my fellow executives to establish and coordinate ID (the 3rd Force) in Ekiti. Also, I appreciate the tremendous support you have given to us in the discharge of this noble assignment. I must also thank the just inaugurated capable and articulate executives and by extension all co-opted members that served in the various committees, for the patriotic zeal and dedication to service they have put into the organization of this event. The local government delegates and leaders of our great party across the LGAs and beyond have also been very supportive in ensuring seamless coordination and implementation of our directives at the local government and ward levels.

Also worthy of mention are the numerous volunteers – who sacrificed their time and deployed their competencies to make today a reality. This event would not have been possible without the robust support of our amiable leaders, especially, TOSIN AJIBARE who worked tirelessly to support the State Congress Committee in delivering a successful event.

Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased to affirm that all our state executive members are eminently qualified to take ID to the level of bringing about the betterment we all desire in our state. They have met all requisites. They all therefore have what it takes to excel and stiffen out mediocrity as being celebrated presently by the other parties. It is heartwarming that they have all demonstrated a high degree of loyalty and commitment to the cause of making ID formidable enough to trample to the ground those parties trading with the people's lives, and have all also pledged to abide by the cores value of our party which is taking power back to the masses. This is highly commendable and holds the promise of a united and credible challenge against the APC and the PDP, and our eventual victory at the Gubernatorial Election in 2018.

We will move on from this congress to fulfill all other formalities and commence an intensive work aimed at redeeming our land and our people. And, by the grace of God, we will move on from here and go on to win the Gubernatoial Election in 2018.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is on this note that I charge you all to do all in your capacity to see to it that this vision, our ideals see the light of the day, for our future’s sake and that of the unborn generation. And I say a big congratulations to Ekiti State and the great people therein for the success of the Congress of our great party.

May God bless us all!
May God bless the Independent Democrats (ID)!
May God bless Ekiti State!
May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

Thank you for listening.

HON. ADEYEMI ADENIYI EMMANUEL
Chairman

Re: Apc, Pdp Trampled As I D Holds Most Organized Party Congress, Impresses Inec by mikolo80: 8:44am On Aug 17, 2017
Hmm we're watching
Re: Apc, Pdp Trampled As I D Holds Most Organized Party Congress, Impresses Inec by VictorDoobig: 8:59am On Aug 17, 2017
Don't just watch...join the move for a new-age leadership and youth Revolution to which you also belong.
Re: Apc, Pdp Trampled As I D Holds Most Organized Party Congress, Impresses Inec by Yorubaangel(m): 9:37am On Aug 17, 2017
Mushrooms Political Party...
Re: Apc, Pdp Trampled As I D Holds Most Organized Party Congress, Impresses Inec by Yorubaangel(m): 9:38am On Aug 17, 2017
another Mushrooms Political Party...
Re: Apc, Pdp Trampled As I D Holds Most Organized Party Congress, Impresses Inec by SweetJoystick(m): 9:53am On Aug 17, 2017
Yorubaangel:
another Mushrooms Political Party...
Smh the bigger parties what have they achieve for the common man? And I'm sure you know the saying about not despising days of little beginning
Re: Apc, Pdp Trampled As I D Holds Most Organized Party Congress, Impresses Inec by Yorubaangel(m): 10:23am On Aug 17, 2017
SweetJoystick:

Smh the bigger parties what have they achieve for the common man? And I'm sure you know the saying about not despising days of little beginning
Don't take it personal Bro... the fact is rogues have taken over our political structure and we can only take it back by acting like a proverbial monkey *tamer* not by forming mushrooms political parties... remember KOWA,NCP, APDA and the rest.....

WTF.... am I being pessimistic?
Re: Apc, Pdp Trampled As I D Holds Most Organized Party Congress, Impresses Inec by engrfcuksmtin(m): 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2017
Good development

(1) (Reply)

Commotion Breaks Out At #resumeorresign Protest In London (video) / JAMB: Full List Of 23 Universities That Set Their Cut-off Marks At 120 / Just In:trump Announces' Approved Date For "Biafra Referendum" Watch Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.