Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. (24915 Views)

Mobius Motors: A Look At Kenya's Indigenous Car Maker - Photos / The All New 2019 Honda Pilot Is Finally Here (photos) / Nigeria First Indeginous Made In Nigeria Mrap(mine Resistant Ambush Protected) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by tdayof(m): 9:11am On Aug 17, 2017
buygala:

I was hoping you will tell me the rubber tyres are armored as well... Or some other reason why such a vehicle should have rubber tyres

But you are obviously too stupid to comprehend my post.. . Sorry bro

Since you're a dufus, now I'll lecture you.

Because it runs flat , technology in use and terrain.

You're a waste of time would go and check dtic if you need to learn.

2 Likes

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Nwtptx(m): 9:12am On Aug 17, 2017
Our forces hav bn using MRAPs nw.learnt NA Engrs also made som yrs ago.its good its bn made hia nw dou
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 17, 2017
fxbot:
Are these really manufacturing or parts assemblage? To the best of my knowledge Nigeria does not have the capacity to MANUFACTURE any car, they one Assemble. FACT!

We should stop abusing the word abeg. No Nigerian company manufacture any car.. from Innoson to Proforce. Na assemblage all dey do.

Imported flat sheet steel. The rest is done here. http://proforcedefence.com/
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by komekn(m): 9:15am On Aug 17, 2017
greenpasture:

I am not aware that tyres can be anything other than rubber. The objective of the vehicle is primarily to safeguard the occupants from the blast hence the high lift and armour.

You probably are not aware of the concept of force complements. These vehicles don't travel alone and they are heavily armed. In the event that one of them is disabled, then expect a full and targeted response from the accompanying forces. I strongly suspect that these are run flat tyres. It will need a grenade launcher to disable them. Blast yes...happens to any MRV.
Proforce is heavy on research and you can be sure this replaces the south african variants we have been using.
http://proforcedefence.com/

First question what is the specifications STANAG level, passive and proactive defensive architecture, etc that makes it an MRAP and what are it's competitive advantages.

Second question what is its % level of local content in its manufacture.

Finally, is it best value comparative speaking and how much does it cost.

Then if those questions are answered positively we can that's good progress.

I do recall going to the War museum at UNN years ago and found a very effective but ugly looking armoured vehicle built by the then Biafrans from the civil war. That was probably about 65% local content so Proforce are the first just the most recent.
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Xbee007(m): 9:15am On Aug 17, 2017
buygala:

Sir, then you have no idea of a mine's effect... When a mine is done with those wheels, there will most likely only be squeezed and shredded metal where those tyres used to be sad

Please tell me the vehicle can run without wheels as well sad
Tracked vehicle are slow, cumbersome and cannot navigate some terrains. The importance of MRAPs is just that occupants escape alive and with minimal injuries when they step on landmines. The vehicle too will surely be damage but you will agree with me that saving human life is more important than shredded tires.

6 Likes

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 17, 2017
buygala:

There are faster and stronger chain mechanisms which are much better suited for this kind of vehicle... . Maybe Proforce should consider those as well

You mean a tracked vehicle? I am not sure that works in the kind of asynchronous warfare we have in the NE.
Or did I misread you?
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by yahmohy27: 9:19am On Aug 17, 2017
Zeze06:
I pray it works
I pray it doesn't go off in battle front,

besides, I shouldn't even believe it cos Nigerian government can stage anything just to give themselves credit...

And draw more zombies to themselves.... cry
You ll believe if it was announced from Biafra republic

1 Like

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by CARLOSZ: 9:20am On Aug 17, 2017
buygala:
Giant with the legs of an ant sad

After all the body armor, the vehicle is still fitted with rubber tyres undecided

If a mine blows those tyres apart, then the people in that vehicle are sitting ducks sad

Reminds me of that movie 'Fury'.. . Starring Brad Pitt sad

With that their small tank
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Xbee007(m): 9:21am On Aug 17, 2017
buygala:

Please point out in this article where anything was said about the tyres undecided
What I am saying in essence is that the moment you put track wheels on them they stopped to be called MRAPs.

MRAPs are different from tanks.
I have seen FURY too but FURY is an Armoured Tank not MRAP. Like any Armoured Vehicle it was temporarily disabled when it stepped on an IED saving the lives of its occupants.

2 Likes

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by buygala(m): 9:21am On Aug 17, 2017
Xbee007:

Tracked vehicle are slow, cumbersome and cannot navigate some terrains. The importance of MRAPs is just that occupants escape alive and with minimal injuries when they step on landmines. The vehicle too will surely be damage but you will agree with me that saving human life is more important than shredded tires.

You are definitely not abreast on latest track technologies Sir.. . They are much faster than they were during WW2 smiley. . . As long as they are not looking to get cruise car speed, they should be fine smiley

Also, what's then the profit of such a vehicle if it can be so easily immobilized and its occupants smoked out and murdered like rats, or worse still, roasted alive inside that thing?

1 Like

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by victor8269: 9:23am On Aug 17, 2017
tdayof:

Tell me the plane part innoson making and I'll lecture you on how local welder will do it.

I admire innoson alot as a Nigerian company bringing changes to Nigerians but your post is shitty.

God bless innoson
God bless proforce
God bless Demfas Aerosystems
God bless Nigeria
Okay, now u r claiming one Nigeria, after starting a tribal war. My friend, come back here and finish your fight, a student of Banking and Finance lecturing an Electrical and Electronics Engineer , a NSE n COREN certified Engr on automobile. Don't let me expose u more than this ohhh!!!

1 Like

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by JaffyJoe(m): 9:24am On Aug 17, 2017
Even US Army/Nato force still uses Mrap with rubber wheels but one random Emeka from Aguata would have us believe this is thrash and can't get the job done.

7 Likes

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by bennybaba(m): 9:34am On Aug 17, 2017
tdayof:

Go and watch cartoon. This is above your capability.
...God bless you sir... Some nairalanders are just plainly daft angry

2 Likes

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by tdayof(m): 9:34am On Aug 17, 2017
victor8269:

Okay, now u r claiming one Nigeria, after starting a tribal war. My friend, come back here and finish your fight, a student of Banking and Finance lecturing an Electrical and Electronics Engineer , a NSE n COREN certified Engr on automobile. Don't let me expose u more than this ohhh!!!

Dude. LMAO don't let me drag you more than this.

Am an aerospace engineer with 3 patents. You?

Did you even see me starting a tribalistic post? Or making such comment. You better look well before you post next time.

2 Likes

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Xbee007(m): 9:37am On Aug 17, 2017
buygala:

You are definitely not abreast on latest track technologies Sir.. . They are much faster than they were during WW2 smiley. . . As long as they are not looking to get cruise car speed, they should be fine smiley

Also, what's then the profit of such a vehicle if it can be so easily immobilized and its occupants smoked out and murdered like rats, or worse still, roasted alive inside that thing?
Still not as fast as MRAPs plus tanks are not immune to IEDs. Or are they? Even a blind man will agree that they are far better than the light skinned Toyota hilux our soldiers are currently using in the frontline.

1 Like

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 17, 2017
komekn:

First question what is the specifications STANAG level, passive and proactive defensive architecture, etc that makes it an MRAP and what are it's competitive advantages.

Second question what is its % level of local content in its manufacture.

Finally, is it best value comparative speaking and how much does it cost.

Then if those questions are answered positively we can that's good progress.

I do recall going to the War museum at UNN years ago and found a very effective but ugly looking armoured vehicle built by the then Biafrans from the civil war. That was probably about 65% local content so Proforce are the first just the most recent.

I do think you should read the website and especially the section on advantages. Look technology has changed big time from the civil war and the question isn't who did it first, rather, who is doing it now.

1 Like

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by komekn(m): 9:39am On Aug 17, 2017
Xbee007:

That's not true.

Tracked vehicles are actually considerably better off road and can go where many wheeled vehicles can not venture.

Survival rate in most modern tracked vehicles such the available IFV platforms which can carry troops will exceed some MRAPS. With regard to speed it is debatable the old scorpion light tanks that we still use can reach speeds of 100kmph.

IFV platforms give you added fire power and incredible resistance to all sorts of offensive weaponry. For instance the Puma IFV can withstand 120mm projectiles frontal arc.

Nearly all contemporary IFV's will offer all round protection from 14.5mm projectiles i.e. HMG the typical guns mounted on the banks of Boko pick ups. Very few MRAPS have that level of protection.

But it is the offensive response that the IFV can give with devastating consequences that makes it feared by adversaries. Unfortunately, the NA does not have one single definitive IFV in its armoury. Quite unexplainable really.

1 Like

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by victor8269: 9:40am On Aug 17, 2017
tdayof:

Dude. LMAO don't let me drag you more than this.

Am an aerospace engineer with 3 patents. You?

Did you even see me starting a tribalistic post? Or making such comment. You better look well before you post next time.
4rm NCAT?. I worked with NAMA, 2010-2013, I have good knowledge too

1 Like

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by mare23ayo(m): 9:40am On Aug 17, 2017
tdayof:

Since you're a dufus, now I'll lecture you.

Because it runs flat , technology in use and terrain.

You're a waste of time would go and check dtic if you need to learn.

Thanks for replying that delusional slowpoke! apparently he knows nothing about such production.
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by tdayof(m): 9:41am On Aug 17, 2017
victor8269:

4rm NCAT?. I worked with NAMA, 2010-2013, I have good knowledge too

Not NCAT. Outside Nigeria.
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by komekn(m): 9:43am On Aug 17, 2017
greenpasture:

I do think you should read the website and especially the section on advantages. Look technology has changed big time from the civil war and the question isn't who did it first, rather, who is doing it now.

The pertinent question is how effective is it

Is it value for money, I realised that the penchant for kick backs and over invoicing may see us fielding an over priced piece of steel with limited capacity.

Then what is the % local content for us to know how far we have progressed. And that this not some exaggerated PR exercise.
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:44am On Aug 17, 2017
buygala:

After all the body armor, the vehicle is still fitted with rubber tyres undecided

If a mine blows those tyres apart, then the people in that vehicle are sitting ducks sad

So they should run on tracks?

In that case they will become slow, plodding targets for RPG fire.

MRAPs are designed for a purpose, and the purpose dictates the design, as with everything else.
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by claremont(m): 9:44am On Aug 17, 2017
buygala:

'Run-flat' tires, similar to these below used by others. If you have no knowledge on certain topics, it's wiser not to comment. In a mad rush to achieve your 'first to comment' status, you just exposed your ignorance and that of others for the whole world to see.

2 Likes

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 17, 2017
fxbot:
Are these really manufacturing or parts assemblage? To the best of my knowledge Nigeria does not have the capacity to MANUFACTURE any car, they one Assemble. FACT!

We should stop abusing the word abeg. No Nigerian company manufacture any car.. from Innoson to Proforce. Na assemblage all dey do.
assemble your own. let's see

1 Like

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by wanimo: 9:49am On Aug 17, 2017
Where was it tested?
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by joepentwo(m): 9:50am On Aug 17, 2017
d tyre no co resist am oo
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Guyman02: 9:53am On Aug 17, 2017
Ihatepork:
This is nice. God bless the SW and all Yorubas. There is also Obasa Vehicles in Ekiti and JAC assembly plant in Lagos. Meanwhile, Ps and Is from landlocked, erosion republic rn.

Everything becomes tribal for you people
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Xbee007(m): 9:56am On Aug 17, 2017
komekn:

That's not true.

Tracked vehicles are actually considerably better off road and can go where many wheeled vehicles can not venture.

Survival rate in most modern tracked vehicles such the available IFV platforms which can carry troops will exceed some MRAPS. With regard to speed it is debatable the old scorpion light tanks that we still use can reach speeds of 100kmph.

IFV platforms give you added fire power and incredible resistance to all sorts of offensive weaponry. For instance the Puma IFV can withstand 120mm projectiles frontal arc.

Nearly all contemporary IFV's will offer all round protection from 14.5mm projectiles i.e. HMG the typical guns mounted on the banks of Boko pick ups. Very few MRAPS have that level of protection.

But it is the offensive response that the IFV can give with devastating consequences that makes it feared by adversaries. Unfortunately, the NA does not have one single definitive IFV in its armoury. Quite unexplainable really.

U made a salient point. But my statement was against those educated illiterate criticising the procurement of the indigenous MRAPs because it is not made in America.
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by neighy(m): 9:59am On Aug 17, 2017
buygala:

Sir, then you have no idea of a mine's effect... When a mine is done with those wheels, there will most likely only be squeezed and shredded metal where those tyres used to be sad

Please tell me the vehicle can run without wheels as well sad
the primary duty of a MRAP vehicle is to keep the passengers safe.. Would blowing d wheels kill the passengers Now Mines has grade and vehicle has stanag levels.. Some mines would blow off beneath the vehicle they'll b smoke n d vehicle will move on and some will blow making d vehicle break down but still keeping d passengers safe but also keep in mind no vehicle offers 100% protection .. So maybe iont have idea bou mine effect same way you dont know d use/function of MRAP vehicles.. BtW If twas american or russian made i doubt you'll be saying this

1 Like

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 17, 2017
buygala:

Please point out in this article where anything was said about the tyres undecided

You're definitely missing the point... below is a pic of an American MRAP and i can't see any chains on it.

2 Likes

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Cutealexio(m): 10:03am On Aug 17, 2017
Have you seen Humvee Or American MRAP?
buygala:

2 Likes

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 17, 2017
Ihatepork:
This is nice. God bless the SW and all Yorubas. There is also Obasa Vehicles in Ekiti and JAC assembly plant in Lagos. Meanwhile, Ps and Is from landlocked, erosion republic rn.

IS THERE ANYTHING THAT WORKS IN NIGERIA? DONT TRUST DAT CAR. ONLY BIAFRA CAN PRODUCE QUALITY. DONT DOUBT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The History And Evolution Of Honda Civic / The History And Evolution Of Toyota Hilux / Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.