Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) (67067 Views)

Covid-19 Business Survival Pack / Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video / A Call For Survival;agony Of a young Hustler. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by badman007(m): 4:02pm On Aug 17, 2017
These two are just clowning, where's their hi-vis?

You dont know what im talking about right?? In Nig we no send health and safety.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by matrixme(m): 4:04pm On Aug 17, 2017
village people's handiwork come in surprising ways. Unfortunately for them, they may be graduates from a a Nigerian tertiary institution.
My friend tells me that in his neighborhood in Lekki, the prevailing currency is dollars for many transactions. Some think that until they are abroad, they cannot make headway in life. Such shame!
I pray you come to your senses like the prodigal son.
juwoonn:

He earns more than most bankers in Nigeria. I meet a guy that makes $2000 every week, moving lawns in the UK. That's about N700,000 every week. These dirty jobs comes with good money. After 5-10 years, they return to Nigeria as big boys, establish companies and your brother's and sisters submit CV to them.
Be deceiving yourself. If truly one can make such money just mowing lawns, I wonder why we have some citizens of that country relying on welfare if such jobs comes with such hefty pay. Are there not Nigerians with more dignifying jobs abroad? Let them brain wash you that the streets over there are paved with gold.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/uk-poverty-the-charts-that-show-the-true-state-of-low-income-britain-a7031666.html

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by haryorbarmie83(m): 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2017
No place like home! They cross through Libya I guess.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 4:06pm On Aug 17, 2017
Eluwilussit:

For whatever reason, the streets need to be kept clean and somebody has to do it. White people sweep streets too. The whites are even in the majority of people that do these menial jobs.
There are people already paid to do that work.That is what council taxes go for
The only reason they are doing it is cos begging is now stale, they recon people will give them money this way than sitting down begging.
Italy nah dead zone, no hope there.Now that the Uk has left, its even worse.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 4:07pm On Aug 17, 2017
haryorbarmie83:
No place like home! They cross through Libya I guess.
not realy, they might have flown there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by raymond1550(m): 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2017
HOW MUCH IS EURO NOW , MY GUY STAY WEL
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Nword22: 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2017
Mtww,

Leaving their dirty state street to sweep another mans street..Una mumu never do!
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 4:13pm On Aug 17, 2017
Nonsense! Why not come back to help us sweep the streets of Lagos?
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Eluwilussit(m): 4:13pm On Aug 17, 2017
erico2k2:

The only reason they are doing it is cos begging is now stale, they recon people will give them money this way than sitting down begging.

You are saying they are begging through sweeping? They can't find jobs even in malls, hotels, etc? Europe is fuccked mehn. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 4:17pm On Aug 17, 2017
Eluwilussit:

You are saying they are begging through sweeping? They can't find jobs even in malls, hotels, etc? Europe is fuccked mehn. angry angry angry
yes thats what they are doing, find job without papers? how? you need to have the right to work to look for Job, in the Uk you as an employer will be fined up to £5000 if you employ a person who do not have the right to work.
And Europe is not fucccekd, just italy,France,Spain and all them country are fucccked, UK, German,Holland,Swiz and Sweden are cool.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Eluwilussit(m): 4:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
erico2k2:

yes thats what they are doing, find job without papers? how? you need to have the right to work to look for Job, in the Uk you as an employer will be fined up to £5000 if you employ a person who do not have the right to work.
And Europe is not fucccekd, just italy,France,Spain and all them country are fucccked, UK, German,Holland,Swiz and Sweden are cool.

The government should provide them with some assistance. Some type of monthly stipend or give them work permit while they wait for their immigration hearing. It is only natural for man to do anything to survive and that option may include crime if the government does not extend some help soon. cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by SmartMugu: 4:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
That's no big deal. I have done that before here in the US, but it was to fulfil my community service service hours for a traffic citation I got. Nothing is wrong with that.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:30pm On Aug 17, 2017
donnaD:
If possible sweep their gutters over dere.it's better than this prison called country.

If you really believe what you just wrote, you know what to do.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by MCzubby247(m): 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
I beg oga osas, vacancy still dey make I dust my CV, no jomes grin,
Is better than 9ja, the worst is that Nigeria has no future its only in the hands of an ethnic faction,if the only right a living being has which is to cry when beaten is been cripple then in voice motein ads" run for ya life"
A
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hmmmmmm.....

While sweeping, if these guys come up with an idea for good business and hit it off, we will discuss their success stories. Though same applies even if they were to remain here.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
SmartMugu:
That's no big deal. I have done that before here in the US, but it was to fulfil my community service service hours for a traffic citation I got. Nothing is wrong with that.

To think of it, they should be doing better than those sweeping the streets in naija.

Except the Naija guys can buy Agege Bread and Ewa Agoyin.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
Eluwilussit:

The government should provide them with some assistance. Some type of monthly stipend or give them work permit while they wait for their immigration hearing. It is only natural for man to do anything to survive and that option may include crime if the government does not extend some help soon. cry cry cry
Italy government? them be like African government, those guy nor send you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 4:42pm On Aug 17, 2017
SmartMugu:
thats different, it was punishment!
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by SmartMugu: 4:51pm On Aug 17, 2017
erico2k2:

thats different, it was punishment!
Yup. It was punishment. But some charity organizations actually sent some of theirs to join us in cleaning up too. So, it was us the offenders and those that volunteered to do it. Go to meetup.com and you can search for groups of people looking for an opportunity to clean up their cities at their free time. That's just how some people are, they just like to volunteer.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Burgerlomo: 4:54pm On Aug 17, 2017
Man must wack
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Sagay212: 4:54pm On Aug 17, 2017
If you ask those guys to come back to naija, them go swear for you. They'll prefer to stay in italy jeje sweeping than to come to nigeria where original suffer head wey pursue them comot go still con kill dem as Buhari don make the suffer increase like dollar.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Eluwilussit(m): 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2017
erico2k2:

Italy government? them be like African government, those guy nor send you.

U don kill them. grin grin grin grin grin. In Canada, those guys will be receiving financial help and will get work permit until they are either granted asylum or deported. You have got to give them a means of survival, else they will resort to crime to survive. cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by bigtt76(f): 5:27pm On Aug 17, 2017
They should come an sweep Lagos naaaa grin

ChangeIsCostant:
Two Nigerian immigrants have gotten international attention after volunteering to sweep the streets in Italy. According to reports, it’s hard to find a job if one is in the process of claiming asylum but this group of Nigerians living in a migrant camp in Rome have started a voluntary street sweeping collective.

The sweeping collective was founded by Wisdom and Osas, who came up with the idea because they had no money but did not want to beg on the streets.

In an audio interview with BBC, the Nigerians revealed that they've been in Italy for nine months and decided to sweep the streets rather than remaining idle in the migrant camp. They revealed that they are more than 300 Nigerian guys sweeping the streets as people give them money to appreciate their work.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/nigerian-immigrants-volunteering-to-sweep-italian-streets.html

Photo-credit; BBC
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by CelestineC(m): 5:29pm On Aug 17, 2017
Well despite the fact that they are sweeping the streets of Rome, Italian government still pay them at the end of each month

It's just that the number of immigrants in Italy increases each day and thus making it hard for the government to manage

However, I still think it's better off as majority of them who are smart gets the opportunity to travel to neighboring countries.

My bro lives there and he is doing well for himself

Above all, man must survive
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by donnaD(f): 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
Jeezuzpick:

If you really believe what you just wrote, you know what to do.
Like what please I don't understand.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by sirfee(m): 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
erico2k2:

Most Italians are racists..

I will rather choose Barbados...
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Tmiky: 5:49pm On Aug 17, 2017
ZombieTAMER:
Guy God bless your hustle

No think of coming back to the dump site of a country
Nobody can escape buhari induced poverty here oo
The hardship is real
Even zombies dey beg for data Now cheesy
LOL,,,,,IDIOT
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by sirfee(m): 5:51pm On Aug 17, 2017
CelestineC:
Well despite the fact that they are sweeping the streets of Rome, Italian government still pay them at the end of each month

It's just that the number of immigrants in Italy increases each day and thus making it hard for the government to manage

However, I still think it's better off as majority of them who are smart gets the opportunity to travel to neighboring countries.

My bro lives there and he is doing well for himself

Above all, man must survive
But most of the citizens are complaining, the anti immigration law remains the major topic in Italy.Nobody knows tomorrow, they should be extremely cautions and spend wisely because anything is possible.

God bless our hustle
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by juwoonn(m): 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2017
matrixme:
village people's handiwork come in surprising ways. Unfortunately for them, they may be graduates from a a Nigerian tertiary institution.
My friend tells me that in his neighborhood in Lekki, the prevailing currency is dollars for many transactions. Some think that until they are abroad, they cannot make headway in life. Such shame!
I pray you come to your senses like the prodigal son.

Be deceiving yourself. If truly one can make such money just mowing lawns, I wonder why we have some citizens of that country relying on welfare if such jobs comes with such hefty pay. Are there not Nigerians with more dignifying jobs abroad? Let them brain wash you that the streets over there are paved with gold.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/uk-poverty-the-charts-that-show-the-true-state-of-low-income-britain-a7031666.html
it's a dirty job and not many people know that the money involved is that much. Even when they are informed, they'll doubt it just the same way you're doubting it now. You charge $20-50 per house and even get tips doing that. you think say na naija.
Peeps be doubting what they don't know
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by CelestineC(m): 5:55pm On Aug 17, 2017
sirfee:
But most of the citizens are complaining, the anti immigration law remains the major topic in Italy.Nobody knows tomorrow, they should be extremely cautions and spend wisely because anything is possible.

God bless our hustle

True, over 96,000 immigrants are in Italy

Italy is officially full..
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by gottliebglobal(m): 5:56pm On Aug 17, 2017
9jvirgin:
There are many of them here, mail sorter, warehouse associate, machine loader, car parts sorter, CNC Operator, Home-care giver, office-cleaning team etc. To survive requires pain and I pray that God bless Nigerians that keeps a clean record through hard work.

My working in Corporate America with a full fledged office makes me appreciate people that stands on their feet for 8 hours.

My respect goes out to these guys.
CNC Operators earn up to 55k per annum

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abba Kyari & His Ranks From SP, CSP, ACP To Deputy Commissioner Of Police / See How Most Nigerian Workers Survive Monthly (photo) / Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.