Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) (67103 Views)

Covid-19 Business Survival Pack / Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video / A Call For Survival;agony Of a young Hustler. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 5:57pm On Aug 17, 2017
sirfee:
Most Italians are racists..

I will rather choose Barbados...
Tell a thing I dnt already know, lol go there 4 hoiday sef dem go look U wankind
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by juwoonn(m): 5:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by juwoonn(m): 6:00pm On Aug 17, 2017
Guyman02:

If you actually met him in UK you wont say that. I dont think you have ever traveled out of Nigeria and see how Africans without skills are treated. Out of the £2000 as a street cleaner (I doubt) did he tell you how much he spends on tax, housing, gas, electricity etc? embarassed
We're not talking about net income here, were talking about gross.
I know about the taxes and deductions. The thing is we educated folks always underestimate what comes out of dirty jobs and I didn't remember saying that I meet him in the UK
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by gottliebglobal(m): 6:01pm On Aug 17, 2017
Guyman02:

If you actually met him in UK you wont say that. I dont think you have ever traveled out of Nigeria and see how Africans without skills are treated. Out of the £2000 as a street cleaner (I doubt) did he tell you how much he spends on tax, housing, gas, electricity etc? embarassed
So people living in Nigeria don't pay taxes, electricity, gas and housing?
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 6:02pm On Aug 17, 2017
Eluwilussit:

U don kill them. grin grin grin grin grin. In Canada, those guys will be receiving financial help and will get work permit until they are either granted asylum or deported. You have got to give them a means of survival, else they will resort to crime to survive. cry cry cry cry cry
That country nah Lawless country, nah when I visit torhino, I no know if spelt right I know say some people for Europe be like Nigerians, dem nor dey Obey traffic light,I park jeje dey wait green light come see dem sounding their horn as if say I commit offence grin grin grin
Omo nah there I see mehn dey hustle like say dem dey Oshode, I swear I hail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by sirfee(m): 6:05pm On Aug 17, 2017
CelestineC:

True, over 96,000 immigrants are in Italy

Italy is officially full..
The most annoying part is that many Africans are too stubborn,they keep on taking risks at the expense of their lives.

The Mediterranean sea is really consuming African souls.I weep for mama Africa.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 6:08pm On Aug 17, 2017
juwoonn:

We're not talking about net income here, were talking about gross.
I know about the taxes and deductions. The thing is we educated folks always underestimate what comes out of dirty jobs and I didn't remember saying that I meet him in the UK
who ever that was lied to you, that amount is more than what a member of parliament earns. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 6:09pm On Aug 17, 2017
sirfee:
The most annoying part is that many Africans are too stubborn,they keep on taking risks at the expense of their lives.

nah lie oh, the Asians top the List,U wan bet?
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by juwoonn(m): 6:13pm On Aug 17, 2017
gottliebglobal:

So people living in Nigeria don't pay taxes, electricity, gas and housing?
Help me ask him.
Although a lot of people are able to evade tax in Nigeria and the tax rate in the UK is very high and its almost impossible to evade
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by sirfee(m): 6:15pm On Aug 17, 2017
erico2k2 post=5l9570109:

Tell a thing I dnt already know, lol go there 4 hoiday sef dem go look U wankind
I work for an Italian family here on the island,some Italians still infringe on the rights of some Africans here in Africa :-

Most of them are very hostile,dem know me,I no dey gree at all.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by juwoonn(m): 6:17pm On Aug 17, 2017
erico2k2:

who ever that was lied to you, that amount is more than what a member of parliament earns. grin grin
That it is more than what a parliament member makes doesn't make it impossible for others to make it. UK is not Nigeria. Most Nigerians won't make what the Nigerian law makers earn, but many English men will make more than what the parliament member earns. I guess I earn close to a parliament member doing fiverr from the comfort of my house. Does that make me a liar? ignorance is bad sha
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 6:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
sirfee:
I work for an Italian family here on the island,some Italians still infringe on the rights of some Africans here in Africa :-

Most of them are very hostile.
I know bross,my coz was there for years,I use to visit him, thank God he trow backy enter Germany, those Italians gave him a travel doc 9ja Italy only,nowhere else dem wicked gann
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by kkins25(m): 6:19pm On Aug 17, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:
Two Nigerian immigrants have gotten international attention after volunteering to sweep the streets in Italy. According to reports, it’s hard to find a job if one is in the process of claiming asylum but this group of Nigerians living in a migrant camp in Rome have started a voluntary street sweeping collective.

The sweeping collective was founded by Wisdom and Osas, who came up with the idea because they had no money but did not want to beg on the streets.

In an audio interview with BBC, the Nigerians revealed that they've been in Italy for nine months and decided to sweep the streets rather than remaining idle in the migrant camp. They revealed that they are more than 300 Nigerian guys sweeping the streets as people give them money to appreciate their work.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/nigerian-immigrants-volunteering-to-sweep-italian-streets.html

Photo-credit; BBC
UNA HUSTLE NO GO GO IN VAIN. GOD BLESS UNA AND PURNISH DOES IDIOTS WEY SITDOWN FOR HOUSE THEY STEAL NIGERIA MONEY
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by sirfee(m): 6:20pm On Aug 17, 2017
erico2k2:

I know bross,my coz was there for years,I use to visit him, thank God he trow backy enter Germany, those Italians gave him a travel doc 9ja Italy only,nowhere else dem wicked gann
Canada remains my favourite destination.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 6:24pm On Aug 17, 2017
juwoonn:

That it is more than what a parliament member makes doesn't make it impossible for others to make it. UK is not Nigeria. Most Nigerians won't make what the Nigerian law makers earn, but many English men will make more than what the parliament member earns. I guess I earn close to a parliament member doing fiverr from the comfort of my house. Does that make me a liar? ignorance is bad sha
The MP Earns exactly £74,962 a year, thats N35,382,064 in a year.Now tell me do you earn that from the comfort of your house or you think you are talking to an Idiot Im a full trained mechanical Engineer int the Uk with 12 years experience and i dont earn that much angry angry
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 6:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
sirfee:
Canada remains my favourite destination.
Y not USA since its nxt door, I have a family friend who moved frm cana to the US, dunno why though.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 6:28pm On Aug 17, 2017
juwoonn:

Help me ask him.
Although a lot of people are able to evade tax in Nigeria and the tax rate in the UK is very high and its almost impossible to evade
Name two taxes that are very high in the Uk that are compulsory plz
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by tfayemi: 6:30pm On Aug 17, 2017
Clean Lagos initiative is here... let them come home and help lagos keep her environment clean. they will have more benefits to enjoy in the clean lagos initiative. cool
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by juwoonn(m): 6:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
erico2k2:

The MP Earns exactly £74,962 a year, thats N35,382,064 in a year.Now tell me do you earn that from the comfort of your house or you think you are talking to an Idiot Im a full trained mechanical Engineer int the Uk with 12 years experience and i dont earn that much angry angry
No I don't earn that. I wasn't talking about annual income, because I don't have a consistent income but there are good week's. and I said close to.. I didn't said I'm earning that figure. bros read the English again. and again I know someone that earned more than $100,000 from the comfort of his home on fiverr from Nigeria and in 8 months. you're an electrical engineer right? I showed a friend who's an electrical engineer in the UK a screenshot of a friends account and guess what? it read an income of over $7,000,000 in 3 years. if you doubt this again then I'll know you're ignorant of what I'm saying
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by sirfee(m): 6:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
erico2k2:

Y not USA since its nxt door, I have a family friend who moved frm cana to the US, dunno why though.
I like America but I prefer Canada.I love everything about Canada.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Rakiticbarca: 6:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
LORDLARGE:
As long as drug or crime related stuffs ain't involve. I see no big deal in it funny enough they may earn more than some level 09 graduates in nigeria
i have replied your mail , you are always sending mail without checking for replies..
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by juwoonn(m): 6:46pm On Aug 17, 2017
erico2k2:
Name two taxes that are very high in the Uk that are compulsory plz
I know you want me to mention income tax and insurance abi. bros na u sabi
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by adexdon(m): 6:50pm On Aug 17, 2017
hustler united
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by CelestineC(m): 6:54pm On Aug 17, 2017
sirfee:

It really is.. I have lost about 2 Friends who traveled to Libya in search of greener pastures...

God is our strength

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Eluwilussit(m): 7:04pm On Aug 17, 2017
erico2k2:

That country nah Lawless country, nah when I visit torhino, I no know if spelt right I know say some people for Europe be like Nigerians, dem nor dey Obey traffic light,I park jeje dey wait green light come see dem sounding their horn as if say I commit offence grin grin grin
Omo nah there I see mehn dey hustle like say dem dey Oshode, I swear I hail.

Na wao. Never heard this before. I new eastern Europe can be like that, but never imagined Torino can be that classless as a city. Can't stop laughing. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 7:06pm On Aug 17, 2017
juwoonn:

No I don't earn that. I wasn't talking about annual income, because I don't have a consistent income but there are good week's. and I said close to.. I didn't said I'm earning that figure. bros read the English again. and again I know someone that earned more than $100,000 from the comfort of his home on fiverr from Nigeria and in 8 months. you're an electrical engineer right? I showed a friend who's an electrical engineer in the UK a screenshot of a friends account and guess what? it read an income of over $7,000,000 in 3 years. if you doubt this again then I'll know you're ignorant of what I'm saying
Im not electrical,Im Mechanical,even if you work some week, you can still make a rough xtimate in annual income.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 7:10pm On Aug 17, 2017
juwoonn:

I know you want me to mention income tax and insurance abi. bros na u sabi
What insurance?what income tax? I said compulsory tax
There is a threshold to start paying income Tax
I dont have to pay Insurance if I have nothing to Insure,
I think you are just assuming or talking about hear say, if you dont know just ask ,I am more than happy to enlighten you in this issue,that do not make you any lesser a Man,Im very sure there are uncountable things you know that I dont know jack shyte about as well.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by blazingnaija: 7:11pm On Aug 17, 2017
charly boy ends anti -Buhari protest after escaping death
watch video here.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYqwuw_htZY
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by otokx(m): 7:14pm On Aug 17, 2017
They will not volunteer to sweep street in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by juwoonn(m): 7:20pm On Aug 17, 2017
erico2k2:

What insurance?what income tax? I said compulsory tax
There is a threshold to start paying income Tax
I dont have to pay Insurance if I have nothing to Insure,
I think you are just assuming or talking about hear say, if you dont know just ask ,I am more than happy to enlighten you in this issue,that do not make you any lesser a Man,Im very sure there are uncountable things you know that I dont know jack shyte about as well.
I've never been to the UK and I believe I said this earlier. Enlighten me bro. I'm willing to learn
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 7:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
juwoonn:

I've never been to the UK and I believe I said this earlier. Enlighten me bro. I'm willing to learn
there is what you emmergency tax @ %20
every adult have a tax code, this depends on your circumstance, single,married, kids etc, so we all have our own diferent tax code, for my by difinition of my personal tax code, I get taxed after I earn above £11k a year, some people are after £7k a year so in theory, if I only work 3 months and dont earn up to £11k in 3 months I return back to 9ja each year then I wont be paying tax.
Another tax we pay here is National Insurance which goes to teh NHS.but if you dont work you do not pay all this.
Fast 4ward to 0ja
You pay income tax in 9ja too
you pay for hospital(NI in uk)
we pay Road tax in Uk if only you own a car, in 9ja U pay this too called vehicle licencing
part of the UK pay council tax I hear part of 9ja ie Lagos are enforcing this now.
U insure your car, in 9ja U do that too
nothing else
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by InvertedHammer: 7:37pm On Aug 17, 2017
juwoonn:

He earns more than most bankers in Nigeria. I meet a guy that makes $2000 every week, moving lawns in the UK. That's about N700,000 every week. These dirty jobs comes with good money. After 5-10 years, they return to Nigeria as big boys, establish companies and your brother's and sisters submit CV to them.

LOL.
I never knew they pay in US dollars in UK.
Do you need a few minutes to rethink your story?
\

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abba Kyari & His Ranks From SP, CSP, ACP To Deputy Commissioner Of Police / See How Most Nigerian Workers Survive Monthly (photo) / Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.