Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Lagos, Capital City of Fake: is it true? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos, Capital City of Fake: is it true? (1491 Views)

My Trip From Guangzhou China To Beijing The Capital City Of China / Botswana(gaborone Capital City) In Pictures / Lomé - Capital City Of Togo pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos, Capital City of Fake: is it true? by AfricanBro: 5:50pm On Dec 17, 2005
Well, I'm not Nigerian but I found this forum today. I have some questions for you.

Somebody told me that when you go to Nigeria, the only person you can reliably know is the president of this country. Because there is only one president.

Other than that, the police chief you will meet may be an outlaw in police fatigue who has bought those clothing from a black market on purpose to rip of people. Also,the customs who come to check your luggages at the airport are most of the time not on governement payroll but some crooked cons who got custom jackets and pans under table in order to steal people money and luggages.

Is it true ? If yes how do you make it out there? rolleyes
Re: Lagos, Capital City of Fake: is it true? by Jakumo(m): 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2005
Africanbro your concerns about travel to and within Nigeria were echoed in travel advisories issued by the US state department recently, but it is unlikely that customs men would pilfer items from your luggage, especially if a small cash tip were to have discreetly changed hands as per African tradition.
Re: Lagos, Capital City of Fake: is it true? by Greatpeter(m): 9:36pm On Dec 17, 2005
Ok to satisfy you, it's not true.
You people have a wrong perception about Nigeria yonder.
If you don't mind, come to Nigeria and see things yourself.

Every nation has black sheep, Nigeria is not an exception just like your Nation.
Got me right?
Re: Lagos, Capital City of Fake: is it true? by Greatpeter(m): 9:38pm On Dec 17, 2005
Why do you always post something negative about Nigeria?
No apology if your posts are deleted million times.
Seun carry go!
Re: Lagos, Capital City of Fake: is it true? by pendelite(f): 1:33am On Dec 18, 2005
It is a complete falsehood that the only person you know for certain is the president, each and every citizen has some kind of identification. You argument can hold true for any other country in the world.

It is not true that all policemen are criminals in borrowed uniforms, there are lots of honest hardworking men and women that do their work with dignity each and every day. You will find directing the traffic, investigating crimes and other jobs. This is not to say there aren’t some bad guys, read here, http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/bluewall/main.html?police. Also read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NYPD, “difficulties” would this lead you conclude that the entire NYPD is corrupt. No, that will be insulting the thousands of honest and upstanding men and women that put in their best each and everyday

Since you insist on facts, it is not factual that the Nigerian customs are a bastion of corruption. They are, just like in the earlier example good guys and bad guys.

Now to how do you make it there, now matter where in the world you are there is a Nigerian Embassy or Consulate, contact them for information and they will provide you credible contacts for any purpose that you choose.
Re: Lagos, Capital City of Fake: is it true? by Oracle(m): 4:24am On Dec 19, 2005
well Nigeria's bad to itz own level
but not as bad as they make it sound
well the country has evry thing u wanna see
the good the bad the ugly

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone On Here Flown Afriqiyah Airways? / America Deports Mother After 22 Years. Possible? / German Embassy Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.