Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,791 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen (36668 Views)

2-Year-Old Strangled To Death By Housemaid For Refusing To Wear Her Clothes / Nigerian Man Beaten By South African Policemen Dies In Hospital(photos) / 8 South African Policemen Arrested For Torturing And Killing Of Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 17, 2017
The Nigerian Union in South Africa on Thursday said another Nigerian, Mr. Uchenna Eloh, has been killed in the Western Cape Province of that country.

Chairman, Western Cape chapter of the union, Kanayo Onwumelu, told the News Agency of Nigeria on telephone from Cape Town that Eloh was strangled to death by a South African policeman.

NAN reports that Eloh hailed from Eziagu in Eziagu Local Government Area of Enugu State.

“We want to call the attention of Nigerian Government to the senseless killing of innocent Nigerians by the police in South Africa.

“At about 11.00 a.m. South African time on Wednesday, a Nigerian, Uchenna Emmanuel Eloh, popularly known as ‘Monkey,’ was killed by South African police officers.

“He was walking out of his house toward the bus station when a police van stopped to search him, suspecting that he might be in possession of illegal substance.

“Three policemen accosted Eloh, one of them, by name Williams, held him on the neck, suspecting that he swallowed a substance, while another police officer held him by the legs,’’ he said.

The union official alleged that the policemen dragged Eloh on the ground until he started foaming and suffocated to death on the spot.

“This is not the first time such senseless killing of innocent Nigerians was carried out by South African police officers.

“We have reported similar killings to the South African Government and Nigerian High Commission in South Africa, but nothing was done to bring the culprits to book.

“We want the Nigerian Government to intervene to stop this brutality against innocent Nigerians and stop killing Nigerians out of hatred, racism or xenophobia,’’ Onwumelu said.

President of Nigerian Union in South Africa, Ikechukwu Anyene, who also confirmed the incident, called for an end to the incessant killing of Nigerians in South Africa.

“Our government needs to do something urgently to make it clear that Nigerian lives matter.

“We have made suggestions on what can be done, but it is now clear to us that the endless talks cannot yield any positive result,’’ Anyene said.

He said the union had engaged a lawyer to take up the case against South African Police Service.

“But this kind of legal service should form part of consular services to provide legal services to victimised Nigerians,’’ Anyene noted.

The union said the police have opened an inquest into the case. (NAN)

http://punchng.com/nigerian-uchenna-eloh-allegedly-strangled-to-death-by-south-african-policemen/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by Mologi(m): 6:08pm On Aug 17, 2017
Wahala dey...
Re: Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 17, 2017
MisterLomantic:
With the rate at which Ibo people are being killed, I hope they won't become extinct before 2019

There are many legitimate jobs they can get involved in other than drug pushing

I wonder who'll fight Kanu's war against the zoo if all the able-bodied pigs and idiots are executed abroad

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by uzoormah(m): 7:15pm On Aug 17, 2017
GloriaNinja:
undecided WHAT ARE NIGERIANS EVEN STILL DOING IN SOUTH AFRICA? ANYWAYS, I DON'T BLAME THEM, NIGERIA IS NOW A ZOO WITH A DUMB PRESIDENT WORKING ABROAD.

Ur one of the animals in nigeria

46 Likes

Re: Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by momodub: 8:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
Not again I thought this happen few months ago
Re: Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
We no go gree o!

Igbo kwenu!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by carpmam: 8:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
Na buhari I dey blame for dis rubbish, i wonder wht pple shld b looking for in South Africa if our president nd leaders as a whole are competent

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by PotatoSalad(m): 8:32pm On Aug 17, 2017
hate everywhere
Re: Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by hakeem4(m): 8:32pm On Aug 17, 2017
That's really bad
Re: Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by 9jvirgin(m): 8:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
Nigerian lives matter. Lol.

Come back to the East and develop your lands. Stop blaming people for your miseries. You blame Buhari when things go wrong and praise Nnamdi Kanu for destabilizing the polity.

Your destiny is in your hands.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by Danelo(m): 8:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
When we Nigerians hate ourselves, how much more men from other countries.

Nigeria is now the dwarf of Africa

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by 9jvirgin(m): 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
MisterLomantic:
With the rate at which Ibo people are being killed, I hope they won't become extinct before 2019

I wonder who'll fight Kanu's war against the zoo if all the able-bodied pigs and idiots are executed abroad

Pity these people na grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
watin dae go find 4 their sef

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by greencard: 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
That's pathetic

It really saddens my hrt when I read about how my country people are being ill treated .
India.Canada, uk, Libya and even ordinary south Africa

I'm not disputing the fact that some might have constitute nuisance but that's not a yardstick for ill treatment here and there.

The worse hurt is that Nigeria has a very weak central govt policies when its comes to international matters like this..we never take it serious hence the continuous trend

The irony of the matter is that even here in Nigeria all govt does is verbal and written condemnation nothing more...

Rip to the dude

Spits on the Xenophobic South Africans

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by hardywaltz(m): 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
Why
Re: Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by tclever: 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
close up is not good again....
any good toothpaste

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by sallylet(m): 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
For this,I disowned my soon to be south African wife
Re: Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by talebearer123: 8:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
MisterLomantic:
Why not 1 million odds? Oloriburuku grin

No go find work. It I see you here again ehn...

grin dont make me pee for trouser oo

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by michelz: 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2017
MisterLomantic:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2017
tclever:
close up is not good again....
any good toothpaste

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
A "Nigerian" got killed by a southafrican and look at the kind of hate comments by his own fellow countrymen.
Imagine if the reverse was the case,southafricans(both white and black)will team up to demand justice and the backlash on us will break the internet.
We hate each other so much in this country that we can't even hide or pretend anymore,I wonder what we are still doing together tho.Our Unity is questionable.

41 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by silentrock(m): 8:42pm On Aug 17, 2017
God will judge the evil sa police. they know our no nonsense president is not around that's why they are taking advantage of us. that's why Nigerians are eagerly awaiting the return of our president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by sisisioge: 8:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
Dear Lord in heaven! Haaa! Can our people just come home pls? It is well!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen by dacovajnr: 8:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Burial Of Malaysia-Based Nigerian Who Was Shot Dead By Police In Imo. PICS / Lady Pours Hot Water On Husband In Lagos For Refusing To Open Door For Her (Grap / Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.