Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,506 members, 7,958,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:42 PM

Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland (4855 Views)

Seun This Is The Right Time For You To Do Give Away On Nairaland / Seyi Makinde: I Used Carrots, Vitamin C, Blackseed Oil, Honey To Fight COVID-19 / Seun, This New Look Make Sense Oo.. Give Us Dislike Button (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by sarrki(m): 9:21am On Aug 18, 2017
Afam4eva:
Seun, i know you won't listen sha but i think i have to say it anyways.

Since the inception of Nairaland, tribalism has rained supreme and it became a fad from around 2008 till now and a lot of attempt have been made to actually exterminate the tribalist but all have proven abortive. We now know that banning them is just a waste of the time of moderators because these people have a lot time on their hands and will open a new account before you even say JACK ROBINSON.

All hope is not lost really because i have a practical solution that will help in reducing the visibility of tribalists on Nairaland. This does not mean that tribalistic comments will not be made but the fact that they will be suppressed by more meaningful comments. I actually suggested this some years ago though i'm not sure if it was because of the tribalism. So, here it is.

You need to introduce a REPUTATION SYSTEM whereby every nairalander is given a score depending on how much they have contributed to the forum. You can use variables such as REGISTRATION DATE, LIKES, COMMENTS and any other variables that you think is good enough. For instance, someone whose has been on nairaland for a longer time together with the addition of other variables will be given more priority at the top of a thread when they make comments. Which means that more meaningful comments will make it to the top of the pack leaving tribalistic comments to waste away at the end of the pecking order.

Another feature that will actually aid this ystem is the VERIFICATION system whereby people will have the choice to verify their accounts thereby making them real people as opposed to anonymous and these people will also be given priority.

Until Nnamdi is sentenced to life imprisonment
Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by Bellfun(m): 9:23am On Aug 18, 2017
Sincerely speaking,I think Seun Osewa is complicit in this whole tribalism thing!

Just because you're making money, you threw away the credibility of your website and by so doing helps promote hatred, division and bigotry in the country!

I never knew we hated each other like this until even I started clicking the "Like" button on some tribal comments! Whereas, Hausa,Igbo and Yoruba people keep interacting and doing business with one another daily.... living side by side!

NAIRALAND don nearly turn me to a tribalist!

Now to the Religion Section, why would you make people swear to an Oath before commenting on the Islam section? Why?

With the new laws against Hate Speech...I one day look forward to seeing NAIRALAND sued as an accomplish in a hate speech case!

Seun Osewa, please step up to your responsibilities!

Cc: seun

1 Like

Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by Omoluabi16(m): 9:45am On Aug 18, 2017
Nairaland can turn somebody to a tribalist It takes self control to maintain your standard when you see much toxicity and venom flying, especially when it's against your own tribe. Sometimes I wonder if the owners of this forum deliberately let tribalism thrive. There should be measures to counter this madness. This hate speech law will make Sheun sit up.
Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by Omoluabi16(m): 9:59am On Aug 18, 2017
Alcatraz005:
Any attempt to reduce tribalism or to compromise the anonymity enjoyed on nairaland would only see to its rapid demise.

Rather than bend to the pressures of Law enforcement, politically correct leftist elements and hypocritical pacifists, I suggest that seun takes this site higher by ensuring that the liberty of members be made legally binding through well knot legal safe guards which ensure that even the authorities are not able to make seun divulge members' information (something like the Swiss banking laws).

Another suggestion is for seun or notorious members (like myself) to employ the use of tor services to hide our i.p addresses through the use of the onion server (tor). All these measures are to enable this site remain the fons et erigo in Africa irrespective of its notoriety as it relates to hate speech. (Taking into account the recent desire of the feds to clamp down on what they term hate speech).

Seun, if the people of Nigeria cannot air their views online, you would have failed in your responsibility to be one of the guardians of a constitutionally guaranteed right. I do hope for the sake of this very important site for the majority of Nigerians and Africans at large, that you heed to my advice.

The site is a legacy that has gone beyond you.

NB: Don't ever think of clamping down on tribalism on this board. It is the real way we feel about ourselves in this country.

Thank you.
Not all views are correct. Some are devoid of morality and ultimately destructive. Imagine a pro nazi airing his views in modern germany, or pro-slavery comments in america without facing consequences. No country on earth encourages hate speech, and I have seen terrible opinions on nairaland. If what you feel towards others is tribalism/hate then its unfortunate.
Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by orisa37: 10:05am On Aug 18, 2017
We should infact THANK NAIRALAND for making it possible to nip Tribalism at the bud.
Carry on Nairaland. You're the best there is and the best that will ever be.
Fulani Herdsmen will fear you now and forever 'cos your publications have almost stopped completely their immoral infiltration and crude and undemocratic incursion into the South.
I pray that the 2019 election will be free of tribalism.
Re: Seun, This Is How To Fight Tribalism On Nairaland by steppins: 8:32pm On Sep 09, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Another Hypocrite showing his face.
Buhari's statement after becoming President in 2015 elections influenced Afam4eva statement when Jonathan was still in power?
How low can you bend?
Just negodu
This is what happens when you jump in because of hate. In your mad rush to criticise afam4eva, you failed to see the sarcasm in that statement and ended up making a fool of yourself.
Well done bro.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Amount Of Rigging Can Make Yahaya Bello Win, See Ratio Of Pvc's Collected / I and my team are making the streets of Kano a Green Zone (photos) / Breaking: My Prayer Is For God To Disgrace Tinubu, Aregbesola Re-echoes Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.