Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,439 members, 7,836,760 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway (1685 Views)

Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? / Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles / The Reason Why You Must Go Round Your Car Before You Drive Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by AutosBay(m): 11:15am On Aug 18, 2017
How fast do you cruise on a free highway, that is, when their are no vehicles around
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by Explorers(m): 11:16am On Aug 18, 2017
120km max.

1 Like

Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by Amajerry83(m): 11:19am On Aug 18, 2017
I do 140km sometimes but 120km is my thing. I once did 160km along Warri/Benin road.
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by emi14: 11:20am On Aug 18, 2017
Is there any freeway in Nigeria apart from airports and kukbwa road in Abuja
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by OkuFaba(m): 11:23am On Aug 18, 2017
I'm a speed freak i do between 120 - 140.
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by Explorers(m): 11:25am On Aug 18, 2017
emi14:

Dont know, but if you get to the North, you will have the chance to push you car.

Abuja to Yola when i was going for my NYSC in 2012, the driver was doing 120 - 160 with 2008/2009 Toyota Hiace(Hummer).

Almost 12hrs drive, i wan die dat day.

1 Like

Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by OkuFaba(m): 11:26am On Aug 18, 2017
Amajerry83:
I do 140km sometimes but 120km is my thing. I once did 160km along Warri/Benin road.
160km is awesome. Tried it once along that benin highway one PeaceMass driver puled up in my front without observing his side mirror. My heart skipped. Almost had a mad crash
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by AutosBay(m): 11:29am On Aug 18, 2017
emi14:
A times there are free ways especially in remote locations
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by AutosBay(m): 11:30am On Aug 18, 2017
OkuFaba:
160km is awesome. Tried it once along that benin highway one PeaceMass driver puled up in my front without observing his side mirror. My heart skipped. Almost had a mad crash
Wow lucky you, you really need to limit it
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by AutosBay(m): 11:31am On Aug 18, 2017
OkuFaba:

Hmmm safety my brother overspeeding kills
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by PDPGuy: 11:59am On Aug 18, 2017
I do 75mph (120km/hr)
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by Amajerry83(m): 2:53pm On Aug 18, 2017
OkuFaba:
Hahahaha...i know u thought u dead already when that happened. Awesome experience but highly dangerous.
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by Nmaudu: 3:47pm On Aug 18, 2017
Up North the roads are relatively good, and a person can go as fast as the car can go.
I Currently use a 2013 Corolla, and I was able to push it up to 180km/hr, but that was at nigh on Abuja Airport-City gate road. In the day time you can barely go beyond 140km/hr on that route.
I previously used a Nissan Altima, and my usual speed on the Kaduna-Abuja express way was 180-200km/hr. That was when the roads were still good sha.
I used to think I was a speed freak till I went on a trip with a military man that was doing 220-240km/hr with a Benz E350 on Zaria-Kano express way. Truth be told my heart was in my mouth throughout the trip.
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 18, 2017
What's the Need for Speed?

2 Likes

Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by Sunymoore(m): 5:10pm On Aug 18, 2017
I drive till my speed limiter kicks in.

1 Like

Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by cyborg123(m): 5:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
120 - 160 km/h. But it is not usually sustained.
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by AutosBay(m): 5:52pm On Aug 18, 2017
Sunymoore:
I drive till my speed limiter kicks in.
Risky
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by Sunymoore(m): 6:00pm On Aug 18, 2017
AutosBay:
Risky
Yeah! But #YOLO
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by eghuan1(m): 6:15pm On Aug 18, 2017
Not encouraging anybody o. No com and beat me for house o.

I once got to 210km on Third mainland bridge at 1am with a 2009 Corolla. Then 185km on Benin Asaba road with a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0Fsi.

More recently 180km on Benin lagos road with a 2010 Honda CR-V.

Please drive at a speed you can control.

1 Like

Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
OkuFaba:

Speed freak and u can't even do 100mph? Look I know speed kills but no need to call urself a speed freak when u r not.

4 Likes

Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 18, 2017
emi14:

Benin-ore highway. Na u go taya
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by oseiwe(m): 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2017
160km/hr on benin-ore rd and ughelli-phc rd. I was scared to press further though.
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by emi14: 9:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
greenhulk:

Benin-ore highway. Na u go taya

Hahahaha. Brother sincerely that is dead trap compared with roads I saw in south Africa and Europe where I am now.
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by emi14: 9:40pm On Aug 18, 2017
Explorers:

Dont know, but if you get to the North, you will have the chance to push you car.

Abuja to Yola when i was going for my NYSC in 2012, the driver was doing 120 - 160 with 2008/2009 Toyota Hiace(Hummer).

Almost 12hrs drive, i wan die dat day.

May be
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by AutosBay(m): 10:00pm On Aug 18, 2017
eghuan1:
Not encouraging anybody o. No com and beat me for house o.

I once got to 210km on Third mainland bridge at 1am with a 2009 Corolla. Then 185km on Benin Asaba road with a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0Fsi.

More recently 180km on Benin lagos road with a 2010 Honda CR-V.
Exactly
Please drive at a speed you can control.
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 18, 2017
emi14:

Hahahaha. Brother sincerely that is dead trap compared with roads I saw in south Africa and Europe where I am now.

U sef see where u dey mention. But on a serious note from Benin to ore is not too far from world class highway, during the day oh cos there are no street lights like is found in better countries.
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by AutosBay(m): 6:27am On Aug 19, 2017
greenhulk:

U sef see where u dey mention. But on a serious note from Benin to ore is not too far from world class highway, during the day oh cos there are no street lights like is found in better countries.
Exactly
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by emi14: 7:28am On Aug 19, 2017
greenhulk:

I applied that road to Lagos during Easter. Brother that road have no class. To answer your question am in Abuja right now but i travel frequently internationally. Nigeria doesn't have roads. Na manage we de manage.
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 19, 2017
emi14:

I applied that road to Lagos during Easter. Brother that road have no class. To answer your question am in Abuja right now but i travel frequently internationally. Nigeria doesn't have roads. Na manage we de manage.

I never said it is a world class highway, but it's not bad either. I've also traveled internationally and I know how world class highway looks like.
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by tahoe(m): 1:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
it is better to be a coward for a minute than to be dead for life
Re: How Many Km/hr Do You Drive On A Free Highway by Localamos(m): 7:46am On Aug 23, 2017
In December 2015, I did 180km/hr along Kaduna-Abuja express way. But it was not worth it because all the cars I dusted came to meet me at the traffic hold up at Suleman (around that Zuma rock side). Moreover, the risk of an accident is considerably less when you are not speeding!

Since then, I've been doing not more than 120 at an extremely free and smooth road. For less freer roads, I could go as low as 80 sef.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out These Made In Nigeria Tricycle. / Did I Get Cheated Or Did I Do Ok. So Here Are The Services I Did To My Car / Where To Get Distilled Water To Top Up Flooded Batteries In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.