Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

BREAKING!!! Massive Jubilations As FG Fails In Court To Revoke Kanu’s Bail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING!!! Massive Jubilations As FG Fails In Court To Revoke Kanu’s Bail (1358 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Signed By Jewish Rabbi & Enyinnaya Abaribe In Abuja (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 / Fayose Poses In Court For Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Ruling (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING!!! Massive Jubilations As FG Fails In Court To Revoke Kanu’s Bail by ottohan: 7:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, has withheld its ruling on the Leader of Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu’s immediate return to Kuje Prison, for breaching his bail conditions.
This came as the Federal Government urged the court to revoke the bail it granted to Kanu, for not only breaching his bail conditions, but for conducting himself in manners that threaten public peace.
Recall, that Nnamdi Kanu and four others are being tried before the Federal High Court, Abuja, on offences relating to conspiracy and treasonable felony.
The Federal Government, cited Kanu’s alleged threat that elections would not hold in South-East States until the Federal Government conducts a referendum on whether or not Biafra should secede.
This was part of a counter-motion filed by Magaji Labaran of the Federal Ministry of Justice, urging the court to dismiss an application by Kanu, seeking a review of the bail conditions.
The Federal Government said: “The offence for which he (Kanu) is standing trial, is not ordinarily bailable; the court, not withstanding, granted bail to the 1st defendant/applicant (Kanu) on health grounds on 25th April 2017.
“Among other conditions for the bail of the 1st defendant, is that he should not be seen in a crowd exceeding 10 people; that he should not grant any interviews, hold or attend any rallies; that he should file in court, medical updates of his health status every month. The bail conditions were perfected by the 1st defendant/applicant, which he is currently enjoying.
“Rather than observing all the conditions listed above, the 1st defendant, in fragrant disobedience to the court order, flouted all conditions given by the court.
“The 1st defendant equally incited his members to disrupt, disallow, and boycott elections in South-East States, starting with Anambra State Gubernatorial election, scheduled for November 18, if the Federal Government failed to hold a referendum for the realisation of the State of Biafra.
“The 1st defendant has already declared the bail conditions given by the court, unconstitutional, before approaching this court with the application for variation. Rather than showing remorse for his actions, the 1st defendant approached this court with an application for a review of the same conditions for the bail, which he grossly flouted.
“Considering the above, that the 1st applicant has violated the conditions on which the terms of his bail were premised, we urged this court to commit the defendant to prison, by invoking the provision of Section 173 (2) (B) of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, 2015.
“We categorically state that justice would have been denied the State by this court, if the State is not protected from the offences being perpetrated by the 1stdefendant/applicant, who is currently on bail.”
Re: BREAKING!!! Massive Jubilations As FG Fails In Court To Revoke Kanu’s Bail by chilewenwam: 7:11pm On Aug 18, 2017

Will this solve salient problems facing us as a nation.

I see these as mere distraction
Re: BREAKING!!! Massive Jubilations As FG Fails In Court To Revoke Kanu’s Bail by Nwodosis(m): 7:22pm On Aug 18, 2017
I'm a strong and a brave man but not to the extent of calling a seating president a mad man!
Kanu is really another saviour as his followers have rightly said. He has come to deliver his people.
Why not to tell the court to speedy his trials instead of asking for him to be returned to prison?
We are really in a zoo and I'm commenting from Cage Port Harcourt(Igweocha)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING!!! Massive Jubilations As FG Fails In Court To Revoke Kanu’s Bail by Freewoman(f): 7:44pm On Aug 18, 2017
Nwodosis:
I'm a strong and a brave man but not to the extent of calling a seating president a mad man!
Kanu is really another saviour as his followers have rightly said. He has come to deliver his people.
Why not to tell the court to speed his trials instead of asking for him to be returned to prison?
We are really in a zoo and I'm commenting from Cage Port Harcourt(Igweocha)

You make sense here, speedy trial................. Nigerians do chase shadows often , what a distractions
Re: BREAKING!!! Massive Jubilations As FG Fails In Court To Revoke Kanu’s Bail by livingspringass(m): 7:49pm On Aug 18, 2017
dis man kanu is rare

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Massive Jubilations As FG Fails In Court To Revoke Kanu’s Bail by NLandIsHypocrit: 8:09pm On Aug 18, 2017
Once God be for you, No ZOO or Afonja can be against you.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING!!! Massive Jubilations As FG Fails In Court To Revoke Kanu’s Bail by Cutezt(m): 8:12pm On Aug 18, 2017
How can they say they spent $30 million dollars to treat Buhari?

Please how much is a new tear rubber human being sef?

I just tire for this people.

The best advice I can give anyone here is, just find your way and leave this country, I have parked my things already, the country has no hope.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Never Offered To Help Jonathan Govt Tackle Boko Haram-reno / Present State Of Enugu Centenary Lifestyle Golf City.(photos) / Ipob youths Not Patriotic Igbos Are Shameless If they Register For Npower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.