Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

The Uncreated Things. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Uncreated Things. (540 Views)

The Birth Of The Uncreated (poem...hmmm) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Uncreated Things. by menxer: 7:26pm On Aug 18, 2017
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 
2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 
4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 

Genesis 1:1-4 (NIV)

While meditating on the above portion of the Bible I was captivated by the bolded.

If light was created and separated out of darkness, who created darkness or where did it come from?
What is "the deep" and how did it come to be?
Waters was only separated but not created. Who created waters or where did it come from?

If the earth was formless and empty, is that not in support of scientific position that matter at the basic level is empty and that every thing was formed from gases (formless)?

Mulling over these questions, it seems these things have the same origin as God: Consciousness.

Caveat:
This has nothing to do with (dis)proofing the (non)existence of God, but an attempt at pushing at the boundaries of the known.
Re: The Uncreated Things. by Caustics: 7:33pm On Aug 18, 2017
verse one answers your question

1 Like

Re: The Uncreated Things. by CAPSLOCKED: 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2017
menxer:
2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 

While meditating on the above portion of the Bible I was captivated by the bolded.

If light was created and separated out of darkness, who created darkness or where did it come from?
Waters was only separated but not created. Who created waters or where did it come from?

If the earth was formless and empty, is that not in support of scientific position that matter at the basic level is empty and that every thing was formed from gases (formless)?

Mulling over these questions, it seems these things have the same origin as God: Consciousness.

Caveat:
This has nothing to do with (dis)proofing the (non)existence of God, but an attempt at pushing at the boundaries of the known.

YOU'LL GO TO HELL FOR PUSHING AT THE BOUNDARIES OF THE KNOWN.

DON'T QUESTION ANYTHING MAN, JUST BE A GOOD SHEEP AND FOLLOW THE HOLY SPIRIT LIKE THE REST. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Uncreated Things. by menxer: 7:45pm On Aug 18, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

DON'T QUESTION ANYTHING MAN, JUST BE A GOOD SHEEP AND FOLLOW THE HOLY SPIRIT LIKE THE REST. undecided
Hahahahahahahahaha

Thanks for the compliment, but it will be the hell of my own making.
Re: The Uncreated Things. by michelz: 8:54pm On Aug 18, 2017
OP, my thoughts:
There was a time lapse between the incidences of the first verse and second verse of Genesis chapter one.
There were creations who existed after the crration if heaven and earth in verse one.
But something happened.
Either the creations were destroyed or they were removed to a place not within this physical earth's plane.
When fossils of animals and humanoid species of billions of years old are discovered, they could belong to these beings that existed until the second verse of Genesis chapter one.
I'm also thinking that maybe those humanoid beings were not created in the image and likeness of God.
A later verse of Genesis stated " Now let us make man in our own image and likeness...."
A type of man existed before, but maybe not made in the image and likeness of God.

2 Likes

Re: The Uncreated Things. by menxer: 9:24pm On Aug 18, 2017
michelz:
OP, my thoughts:
There was a time lapse between the incidences of the first verse and second verse of Genesis chapter one.
There were creations who existed after the crration if heaven and earth in verse one.
But something happened.
Either the creations were destroyed or they were removed to a place not within this physical earth's plane.
When fossils of animals and humanoid species of billions of years old are discovered, they could belong to these beings that existed until the second verse of Genesis chapter one.
I'm also thinking that maybe those humanoid beings were not created in the image and likeness of God.
A later verse of Genesis stated " Now let us make man in our own image and likeness...."
A type of man existed before, but maybe not made in the image and likeness of God.
I know about the missing part you refer to as documented in other books, but since it's not in the bible.... You know what I mean.
Re: The Uncreated Things. by abelprice(m): 9:26pm On Aug 18, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

Hmmm... guy if u become pastor u go use bible take black mail your members... Cos u go tell them say reasoning na sin making them blind sheep's.. jst saying undecided

1 Like

Re: The Uncreated Things. by LDaVinci: 9:53pm On Aug 18, 2017
menxer:

Caveat:

My dear friend you have asked very sound questions which should come to the mind of any seeker of truth. However let me just say this: I have learnt that the stories in the bible, especially those concerning creation and original sin, are allegories so deep and profound that they elude the understanding of most people.

Do try to read them with a deep and sharp eye. Much rests hidden there.

Let me tickle you with a little question: what do you think is the animal skin referred to which was given to Adam and Eve to cover themselves after their fall?

1 Like

Re: The Uncreated Things. by YahwehPenis: 10:41pm On Aug 18, 2017
Waking up are u. I woke up yesterday, hence I realise am an organ in d body of God. I av bin earing hw people say that we ar part of God, even bible:

John 15:I am the vine you are the branches

I am Yahweh's preek. cool

1 Like

Re: The Uncreated Things. by YahwehPenis: 10:48pm On Aug 18, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

HMMM

(1) (Reply)

The Most Confusing Christian Song In Nigeria Is / How Can Bible Lead One Away From Church? / SUKUK: ‘christianise’ Nigeria Too, Falana Tells CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.