Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

SUKUK: ‘christianise’ Nigeria Too, Falana Tells CAN - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / SUKUK: ‘christianise’ Nigeria Too, Falana Tells CAN (541 Views)

Continue To Defend Christians, Baptist Church Tells CAN President / Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others / Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SUKUK: ‘christianise’ Nigeria Too, Falana Tells CAN by Kayus4real: 3:57pm On Sep 28, 2017
A Lagos-based lawyer, Femi Falana, on Thursday called on the Christian Association ofNigeria, CAN, to “Christianise” Nigeria.
Mr. Falana spoke at the strategic dialog roundtable organised by the Social EconomicRights and Accountability, SERAP, held in
Lagos.

The lawyer was reacting to the controversy the N100 billion Sukuk bond offered by the Nigerian government.
CAN had in reaction to the offer said the move was an attempt to islamise Nigeria. But Mr. Falana, on Thursday, said the Sukuk
bond was a legitimate means through which government could generate funds, as practiced in many countries of the world.
He called on religious leaders not to set Nigerians against themselves based on religion.“I am challenging CAN to Christianise Nigerians; christianise us by setting up interest-free
banks…” he said.

He said religious leaders must be careful in their handling of issues, stressing that suspected kidnapper, Evans, had clerics who
worked for him.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/244463-sukuk-christianise-nigeria-falana-tells-can.html

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SUKUK: ‘christianise’ Nigeria Too, Falana Tells CAN by hajlat2(m): 4:36pm On Sep 28, 2017
Nice one sir.

4 Likes

Re: SUKUK: ‘christianise’ Nigeria Too, Falana Tells CAN by GavelSlam: 11:25pm On Sep 28, 2017
Spot on.

1 Like

Re: SUKUK: ‘christianise’ Nigeria Too, Falana Tells CAN by OtemSapien: 11:37pm On Sep 28, 2017
I love this grin
Before I was born, they have colonised christianised Nigeria. They Christened my dear Niger area Nigeria and kidnapped christianized(sheepulized) it. They give us paper anytime we walk on the streets, they cry Repent into our ears. They deafen our ears with Hallelujah. They appear in our TV and threaten us with hell fire. They gave us no rest of mind. Yet they still cry foul. They cry helplessly as if their god Yahweh can't save them from the hands of his buddy Allah.

Whichever of the two gods is more powerful should take over Naija joor.

Well, the good news is that the knowledge of God Almighty who created the gods of both religions in question is here and his philosophy is

USE YOUR BRAIN
WORSHIP NO god &
DO GOOD TO HUMANITY

Peace from Otem and Atum to the world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SUKUK: ‘christianise’ Nigeria Too, Falana Tells CAN by mrvitalis(m): 12:08am On Sep 29, 2017
Imagine a world with no religion
Re: SUKUK: ‘christianise’ Nigeria Too, Falana Tells CAN by MasterKim: 12:37am On Sep 29, 2017
Simple as ABC.
I dislike cry babies.
victim mentality only make you lazy and wretched.
Re: SUKUK: ‘christianise’ Nigeria Too, Falana Tells CAN by Kingspin(m): 3:25am On Sep 29, 2017
Even CRK was misplaced and replaced. But why would the federal govt be in charge of religion in the first place? While not focus on development of the country. We know Nigeria enough if you give them chance they will replace everything and everybody... We seen it in other sectors call it by name nepotism..

(1) (Reply)

She Dumps Christianity And Converts To Islam-igbo Woman Formerly Known As "Bless / I Stand With Freeze / Controversy About Maulud Among Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.