Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly (22953 Views)

Why Obasanjo Is Not A Democrat – Presidency / Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 / 2019: Why Obasanjo Turned Against Buhari - Ex Gov. Oyinlola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by TEYA: 1:41pm On Aug 19, 2017
CharlotteFlair:
Why not lead a protest to the NASS instead of bellyaching on NL.

Have you also wondered how a man who was koboless when he came out of prison suddenly became one of the richest African former head of state?

This is not in anyway endorsing the corruption you identified in the Nass, but your only grouse with the Nass is because they refused to be a rubber stamp of the Executive.

The corruption you identified in Nass is thriving so very much in the Executive, but I trust you not to talk about it.
There is no difference between you and Max24. Such acts of 'taking sides' is what fuels the corruption within the nigerian political class.
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 19, 2017
ijustdey:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/obasanjo-cant-forgive-national-assembly/

The question is,are theses bunch of legislators corrupt or not?Do they collect huge salaries at the detriment of d country?Do they use constituency projects to milk the country?Don't we feel nauseated with how shameless these people steal from us and flaunt it?What we want from them is not 'name calling' but a stop to milking the country dry
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by CornelG(m): 1:41pm On Aug 19, 2017
Birds of thesame feather, infact bunch of fools!!!
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by jacyhelen(f): 1:44pm On Aug 19, 2017
muller101:
Matthew Aremu

na this name vex am paoss sef..lol
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by burakado17: 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2017
Adeevah:
That assembly do the man strong thing during his 3rd term ambition

E pain the man no be small
not that alone, he has been invited to answer some queries in respect of some of his policy somersaults and also he was named as the father of corruption in Nigeria.
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by muller101(m): 2:05pm On Aug 19, 2017
jacyhelen:

na this name vex am paoss sef..lol
I know na why I de like call am grin
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by 9jatatafo(m): 2:06pm On Aug 19, 2017
3rd term ambition aborted by the then NASS so baba is venting his anger
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by tete7000(m): 2:20pm On Aug 19, 2017
They have said Obasanjo doesn't forgive. If he lay low, it's because he hasn't had the means to retaliate. His former wife said so, his daughter attested to it, and Danjuma his longtime friend also testified that the man is a vindictive man. Obasanjo was described by his daughter as one man who wouldn't do anything for you except there is something in it for him. His former wife said Obasanjo can lay low while without means but once he has power, he goes after his perceived enemy. What a man! I always wonder why Africa is unfortunate to have this type of people as leaders. Wicked and selfish leaders.
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by Max24: 2:31pm On Aug 19, 2017
CharlotteFlair:

Have you also wondered how a man who was koboless when he came out of prison suddenly became one of the richest African former head of state?

This is not in anyway endorsing the corruption you identified in the Nass, but your only grouse with the Nass is because they refused to be a rubber stamp of the Executive.

The corruption you identified in Nass is thriving so very much in the Executive, but I trust you not to talk about it.
You seem not to innocently understand this or a beneficiary of corruption. I simply refuse to be led by d NASS on a wild goose chase. What stops them probing Obasanjo regime? Is that not what they are collecting the humongous salary and allowances for? Corruption must be condemned in the 3 arms of govt. Whose primary assignment is it to fight corruption in the executives ? - Legislators. The 2 most important functions of legislature are making laws and oversight functions over the executives. But rather than do their jobs they are always colluding with the corrupt members of d executives to impoverish the masses. Is that what we sent them there for ? It is only a vibrant and incorruptible legislature that can act as a check and balance to a corrupt executive. This current NASS does not have the moral strength to challenge corruption in d executive because they have skeletons in their cupboard. Can't u see the way the US congress is questioning Trumps past actions concerning Russia? A scandalous congress would not have been able to do that. The NASS vets the MDAs but they must lead by example. You want to vet every ministry's budget but u kept yours secret for years. Not even the Presidency's budget was secret since 1999.

1 Like

Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by mmsen: 2:41pm On Aug 19, 2017
Why anyone still listens to Obasanjo is beyond me.
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by millik(f): 2:43pm On Aug 19, 2017
Obasanjo has no moral justification to speak against corruption..
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by pokipoki: 2:54pm On Aug 19, 2017
ijustdey:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/obasanjo-cant-forgive-national-assembly/

Dude, what exactly that benefits Nigerian have they done? Please list at least 5 things.
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by SahmuelBolu(m): 2:55pm On Aug 19, 2017
Ideal Job Portal - Newgate Medical Service Limited
Entry-level Front Desk Officers

Newgate Medical Services Limited started operations in October, 2000 with committed staff of 10 with the aim of bridging the obvious gap identified in health care delivery service in Ikorodu.

Minimum Qualification:
OND from reputable institution

Experience:
Minimum of 1 year cognate experience
Required Skills:
Ability to work with little or no supervision
Ability to relate freely with clients
Must not be more than 26 years of age.
Must be smart and able to communicate effectively
Ability to know and meet clients’ needs and wants.
Apply here - http://www.ideal.com.ng/app?home/jobdetail/393/Entry-level-Front-Desk-Officers

View more Jobs on our Nairaland Thread https://www.nairaland.com/3836511/ideal-job-portal-connect-employers
View more Jobs on our site - http://www.ideal.com.ng/
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by SHIJUADE02: 2:59pm On Aug 19, 2017
Ah !!!!! Nigeria is a failed country
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by donstevoz(m): 3:09pm On Aug 19, 2017
Baba has correctly predicted that he would be insulted for saying what he said. And this is just one of such attacks that would come at him. As much as i want to agree with the writer that Baba was well known for his shady deals with the NASS, i also want to say that recanting that story over and over any time Baba raises valid points against the NASS has become boring. I want the writer to tell me whether it is reasonable that a Nigerian legislator in a country with a poverty rate of about 75% earns more than his counterparts in more developed western countries with far far less poverty rate. Moreover, it is important to know that the NASS is made up of humans. So it was humans that made the decision to reject his third term bid most of whom are no longer in the NASS. So if Baba`s utterances are those of vendetta, they should be directed at the key players in the rejection most of whom are no longer NASS members, yet alive.
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by uridiwan(m): 3:18pm On Aug 19, 2017
Max24:
Is Obasanjo still in govt ? No.

Meanwhile can someone educate me on what the National Assembly of 468 members need #125B for in their 2017 budget.Let's compare their budget to Ekiti State.

NASS budget - #125B Members - 468.
Ekiti budget - #93B Population - 2.3million.

What does Ekiti spend the #93B on ?

Does it pay Fayoses salary and his aides - Yes
Does it pay commissioners salary and aides - Yes
Does it pay state lawmakers salary - yes
Does it pay Judiciary workers - Yes
Does it pay for road construction - Yes
Does it pay teachers salaries - Yes
Does it pay salary of Profs in state univ. - Yes
Does it pay health workers salary - Yes

What does NASS spend #125 B on ?

Does it pay their salaries and aides' - Yes
Do they construct roads with it - No
Do they pay teachers salaries - No
Do they pay health workers salaries - No
Do they pay judges salaries - No
Do they pay salary of Profs in Fed univ. - No

Question : what exactly does NASS spend #125B on outside their salaries and allowances ?
permit me to share sir.

1 Like

Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by castro316: 3:24pm On Aug 19, 2017
Okorouka:
Nairalanders good afternoon,

I hope your day is going great, if it's not, I hope it does before the day ends
Please, I am a student, I used to do manual jobs( carrying blocks and serving in building sites) but cants due to the health challenges..

I don't have money to even eat due to financial situations from home.

I plead with any kind hearted person whom God has touched to help me with anything.

Here is my account
GT Bank

Phone: 07056552843
Thanks.

Come I will give you work to do. If that's the problem
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 19, 2017
Playing to gallery Thief Obasanjo as the the first civilian president of the fourth republic is responsible for the corruption and overbloated wage bill in NASS as he purposely allowed it and even tried to bribe each member of senate with N100m to amend constitution to allow him a 3rd term.

Current leadership of NAss are imperialist stooge as is Obasanjo, so he is merely playing to the gallery, there is no enmity between NAss and Thief Obasanjo.
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by castro316: 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2017
tete7000:
They have said Obasanjo doesn't forgive. If he lay low, it's because he hasn't had the means to retaliate. His former wife said so, his daughter attested to it, and Danjuma his longtime friend also testified that the man is a vindictive man. Obasanjo was described by his daughter as one man who wouldn't do anything for you except there is something in it for him. His former wife said Obasanjo can lay low while without means but once he has power, he goes after his perceived enemy. What a man! I always wonder why Africa is unfortunate to have this type of people as leaders. Wicked and selfish leaders.

Remember he is a pro in chess game and in chess, patience is a virtue
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by intruxive(m): 3:50pm On Aug 19, 2017
CharlotteFlair:

Wow, its so amazing how you ppl can ignore genuine analysis because it doesnt align with your biased negative opinion of executive. The guy just gave a honest analysis that you refuse to counter but your response is to attack your usual enemy. Its so sad, ppl like you are the reason pple like them (legislators) are gods to themselves now angry
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by Kiakia(m): 3:55pm On Aug 19, 2017
Max24:
Is Obasanjo still in govt ? No.

Meanwhile can someone educate me on what the National Assembly of 468 members need #125B for in their 2017 budget.Let's compare their budget to Ekiti State.

NASS budget - #125B Members - 468.
Ekiti budget - #93B Population - 2.3million.

What does Ekiti spend the #93B on ?

Does it pay Fayoses salary and his aides - Yes
Does it pay commissioners salary and aides - Yes
Does it pay state lawmakers salary - yes
Does it pay Judiciary workers - Yes
Does it pay for road construction - Yes
Does it pay teachers salaries - Yes
Does it pay salary of Profs in state univ. - Yes
Does it pay health workers salary - Yes

What does NASS spend #125 B on ?

Does it pay their salaries and aides' - Yes
Do they construct roads with it - No
Do they pay teachers salaries - No
Do they pay health workers salaries - No
Do they pay judges salaries - No
Do they pay salary of Profs in Fed univ. - No

Question : what exactly does NASS spend #125B on outside their salaries and allowances ?
Buying exotic SUV cars, of course! What else?

1 Like

Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by Max24: 3:57pm On Aug 19, 2017
uridiwan:
permit me to share sir.
Go ahead, my brother.
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by famagro: 4:13pm On Aug 19, 2017
I pity this generation called youths, we still use our hard earned money to defend all this corrupt politicians on social media. While most of this defenders can hardly afford three square meals, they still believed that GEJ and OBJ are enemies. I will soon upload a recent video that proves them wrong. All these politicians still pay homage to OBJ, may God open our eyes.

1 Like

Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by wink2015(m): 4:15pm On Aug 19, 2017
By the time RESTRUCTURING fully takes effect all this misconduct by our legislators will come to an end.

Fiscal federalism, Resource Control will force Nigerians to work for national wealth instead of waiting for free money from Abuja.
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 19, 2017
CharlotteFlair:

Who is this one?

So to you the legislators are saints abi?

Tell us something about budget padding?

They refused to be rubber stamp by the executive, so what have they done in their various constituencies so far?

Why are they still silence on the issue of light in Nigeria but focus on their huge allowance s?

what is your problem?
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 19, 2017
castro316:

Come I will give you work to do. If that's the problem
Thanks sir.

Where is the work and of what type sir?
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by Oseniade(m): 8:18pm On Aug 19, 2017
... but his daughter, Iyabo Obasanjo was also once a Senator. He should have prevailed on his daughter too not to go for Senate; it is then we will believe him.
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by Dannjay(m): 9:10pm On Aug 19, 2017
My heart bleeds whenever Obasanjo opens his mouth to say the word corruption when he Obasanjo is an epitome of corruption itself.....This country is damn crazy
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by Xmen149(m): 10:53pm On Aug 19, 2017
Is it not this same obj that a lady that works for one of his establishemnt agreed under hiden camera that they run money laundry and other vice for him ....or has everyone forgoten?,.this people play bet9ja with the masses memory cheesy..........He never made a coment on it and the lady was later fired undecided

NAS is fantastically currupt and so is obj both should stop decieveing us cos we are getting too old for that undecided
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by Desyner: 1:27am On Aug 20, 2017
Assembly of thieves . . .
Re: Why Obasanjo Can’t Forgive The National Assembly by Elbowroom: 7:49am On Aug 20, 2017
Okorouka:
Nairalanders good afternoon,

I hope your day is going great, if it's not, I hope it does before the day ends
Please, I am a student, I used to do manual jobs( carrying blocks and serving in building sites) but cants due to the health challenges..

I don't have money to even eat due to financial situations from home.

I plead with any kind hearted person whom God has touched to help me with anything.

Here is my account
GT Bank

Phone: 07056552843
Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Metering: You’re Wrong, Power Distributors Reply Fashola / Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? / How I Will Tackle Inflation, Naira, Forex Crises, By Cardoso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.