Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,392 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:30 AM

How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? (13440 Views)

What To Say To Customers Who Ask For Something For Free / First Bank Stays Ahead Of Covid-19, Keeps Faith With Customers / Wonder Bank Operator In Ogun Absconds With Customers' N2m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by meezynetwork(m): 3:29pm On Aug 19, 2017
Don't ever sell on credit and don't ever loan someone money. Avoid this two things in life and live happily

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by mmsen: 3:39pm On Aug 19, 2017
You can't allow yourself to get too close to the customer. There has to be a level of detachment, otherwise they will see you as 'family' i.e. someone to be taken advantage of.

If you're short of funds make sure you pay me first. Let someone else take the hit.
Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by dominique(f): 3:42pm On Aug 19, 2017
Zeze06:
cry

Don't sell on credit....

I owned a shop before I got a job...a year after I closed the shop now, I still have people around my estate owing me money embarassed

They just look at me and pass.. cry debtors are evil... embarassed embarassed

Never sell on credit...

Ehyah sorry, people can be very terrible. It's because of this debt matter that is making me discouraged about doing biz in my area. So many businesses have been crippled as a result of debts. My cousin aunty that sells bales of clothes was unable to get a new stock because of all the debts she's being owed. If you don't have a strong mind to forcefully demand for your money, it's better not to do business especially where you're well-known. Debtors are very evil and have no conscience.

meezynetwork:
Don't ever sell on credit and don't ever loan someone money. Avoid this two things in life and live happily

Co-signed

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by Zeze06(m): 4:03pm On Aug 19, 2017
You are so right sis...am a living witness

Debtors are evil....

Never sell on credit

dominique:

Ehyah sorry, people can be very terrible. It's because of this debt matter that is making me discouraged about doing biz in my area. So many businesses have been crippled as a result of debts. My cousin aunty that sells bales of clothes was unable to get a new stock because of all the debts she's being owed. If you don't have a strong mind to forcefully demand for your money, it's better not to do business especially where you're well-known. Debtors are very evil and have no conscience.

Co-signed
Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 19, 2017
successincentiv:
Have you ever been in a situation where you finished a service for a customer and the next thing you hear is:

“Please Pardon me, I don’t have the money to pay you right now, I will pay you later”

Although allowing credit sales can bring more customers, it can also be a risk to your business because most times, your customers may disappoint you...

SOURCE: http://passionentrepreneurs.com/credit-sales/

Place the notice but most importantly, don't give in in the first place.
Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by InvertedHammer: 4:19pm On Aug 19, 2017
I think that it depends on the nature of the business.

Do people buy fuel on credit?

Credit may be extended to trusted and loyal customers only.

\.
Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by jc4real(m): 4:24pm On Aug 19, 2017
"For credit come tommorow".

Judging from the above,there is no tommorow.
Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by imhere: 4:34pm On Aug 19, 2017
Hmmm... I have made up my mind not to sell things on credit anymore, I discover that more than 60% of the people wants to buy things on credit, some don't even have shame they still demand for more credit when they have not paid the first. A large some of my money is in the hands of creditors.
My sister's own! Maybe it will be better for her to close her shop because the money people are owing her is huge not to mention the other customers who are stealing...

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by greggng: 4:59pm On Aug 19, 2017
Print boldly on ur wall credit is for people above 120years. Thank me later

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by NarnieSnyper(m): 5:21pm On Aug 19, 2017
I remember this debtor; this particular woman can owe for Africa. I mean, if she buys something on credit, she comes tomorrow to pay for it and collects another product on credit. That's how she keeps piling the money owed. Until my mother couldn't take it any more. She told her her mind, they quarreled over it then she stopped buying from my mom(one customer lost but she was as good as useless). This woman is still owing my mom till date grin grin Some people are just born debtors(born only to owe people)
Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by donnaD(f): 5:24pm On Aug 19, 2017
ladyF:
Just ask the person how you will get your money should in case he dies on the way out of your shop.

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin
Ha shocked u are terrible.
Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by bravejoel(m): 5:33pm On Aug 19, 2017
You take back your goods and tell him or her no credit today come tomorrow grin cheesy
Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by Originalsly: 5:50pm On Aug 19, 2017
Don't start what you can't continue. You start selling on credit...customers will come with the intention of buying on credit.CREDIT makes us ENEMIES
Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by DISkills: 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2017
See Photos From strippers club Seen in Sapele in Delta state – Facebook User

http://blog.diskills.com/2017/08/see-photos-from-strippers-club-seen-in.html
Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by legalweb(m): 6:06pm On Aug 19, 2017
This is good. Thanks OP.

Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by mikkypel(m): 7:02pm On Aug 19, 2017
Atalia:
I gat a UK verified AdSense account for sale, hala me

can you sell on credit?
Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by edoman2016: 7:27pm On Aug 19, 2017
If you are into production business like fruit juice or yoghurt, there is no way you will not supply wholesalers in the open market on credit. Because as a new product in the market, the wholesalers may not trust your products enough or take a risk to make instant payment.

They will want to collect your products on credit and pay you as they sell until they are sure your products sell fast and highly demanded by their customers in the market.

So, selling credit sometimes depend on the nature of the business and you can not avoid it.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by yellow237(m): 9:16pm On Aug 19, 2017
simply separate urself from ur business employ staff to manage ur business for u with strict instruction never to sell on credit

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by Atalia: 12:56pm On Aug 20, 2017
mikkypel:

can you sell on credit?
on credit how?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Open A Domiciliary Account In Nigeria / Insult: MTN Locates West African Headquarters In Ghana / World ('diaspora') Remittances In The World From 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.